RegisterDonateLogin

Could still beat you with 1 Doombot tied behind its back.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Creating A Possitive Forum Environment Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:43:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Quote:
My favorite flavor is Ysalimiri. You can only find it at Myrkr Hill, and you have to pay with a credit karrde.

Blegh - meat flavored ice cream.
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:48:15 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
Did you know that Edy's and Dreyer's are the same company? But there's also Breyer's ice cream? Confusing, right? They use the Dreyer's name out west but Edy's in the east. Not sure why. Breyer's is almost as expensive as the other premium brands but I don't like it nearly as much.

Have you ever had Bluebell? I think the south almost stated the 2nd civil war when it was withdrawn from the shelves, lol
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:48:59 AM

Nope. I haven't had that one. I think I've seen it before, but not recently and not around here.
gholli69
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:04:28 PM

Gizmo, while not quite grape flavored, I did recently see a Merlot flavored ice cream. Atm and Jenari can't you guys just stop, you know us kids hate it when mom and dad fight! BTW I'm malakili the rancor trainer because who wouldn't want a pet rancor.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:06:06 PM

jen'ari wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
I'll protect him - just like Ferus Olin. BigGrin

A lot of thought went into Baze. I'm still not a fan of the 10dmg choice, but it makes sense with what the designers were going for.

I suggest better thinking, not more thinking.
Here are some good quotes from a political Science class I took in college that deal with determining truth.

Reality can be defined as the truth, the real nature of something

Face reality as it is ... not as you wish it to be

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. - Winston Churchill

We should have our designers memorize these.
...and our presidential candidates. Wait, no, - not memorize, actually use!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:07:44 PM

gholli69 wrote:
Gizmo, while not quite grape flavored, I did recently see a Merlot flavored ice cream. Atm and Jenari can't you guys just stop, you know us kids hate it when mom and dad fight! BTW I'm malakili the rancor trainer because who wouldn't want a pet rancor.

I made customs at GenCon for the first time ever. 4 of them. Or maybe 3 and a half. The Malakili didn't turn out so well. Still needs quite a bit of work.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:16:40 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
My favorite flavor of ice cream is Peanut Butter & Chip by Homemade Brand. Unfortunately, I can't get that flavor where I live. Only on trips over to Ohio.
We have a Cuisinart ice cream maker. So far (this summer) we've made two batches of strawberry, two vanilla, one dark chocolate and one blueberry. Next on the list is peanut butter. I'll push for small/grated chocolate.

The strawberry was so good I'd have pulled the ears off a Gundark for another bowlful. (fortunately all that was necessary was making that second batch)
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:22:22 PM

... is this a filibuster? Confused
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:25:17 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:

pretty much, its how they operate when they run out of comebacks or substantial posts.

cough cough

why haven't we formed a leadership committee lol.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:25:43 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:

Speaking of buster... Peanut Buster Parfait from Dairy Queen was my mom's favorite. It's not bad, but not at the top of my ice cream list.

This is the positivity thread - who doesn't like ice cream?
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:29:06 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:29:45 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
CorellianComedian wrote:

pretty much, its how they operate when they run out of comebacks or substantial posts.

all the while acting as if what is actually being discussed is not substantial.

Still waiting for my recant
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:40:41 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
CorellianComedian wrote:

I disagree, ice cream is very substantial!ThumbsUp
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:43:07 PM

atmsalad wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
CorellianComedian wrote:

Since you are responding I will re-ask

Direct question:
atm why will you not publicly support a leadership committee?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:50:36 PM

jen'ari wrote:
atmsalad wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
CorellianComedian wrote:

Since you are responding I will re-ask

Direct question:
atm why will you not publicly support a leadership committee?

maybe he is afraid after the parallels I drew to him and Hillary he'd lose in a vote lol. its ok ATM it would be popular vote since we don't have a system set up in place like the electoral college lol.
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:53:19 PM

But a Leadership Committee would undermine my plans to rule from the underworld!!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:00:29 PM

Okay, I'm not being sarcastic, but I'm curious how likely you think it is that the leadership committee would work out the way you're envisioning? There is already the design team and the Balance Committee, and you have voiced problems with the current situation. Are you sure another leadership group will alleviate your concerns instead of compounding them? I assume the idea is that the leadership committee is directly created by the community, as opposed to how the design team is created?

I haven't kept close tabs, but it seems like in the past, when someone brings up a problem, it only resulted in action when quite a bit of the community was on board with it. I guess from my perspective, the design team and balance committee are already doing a good enough job, and in my experience they've listened to the community and adapted accordingly.

TL;DR: Why would a leadership committee do a better/worse job at dictating the future of the game than the Design Team? In my opinion, the design team already does a good job of listening to the community - have you found otherwise, and thus advocate for a community-voted committee?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:13:06 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Okay, I'm not being sarcastic, but I'm curious how likely you think it is that the leadership committee would work out the way you're envisioning? There is already the design team and the Balance Committee, and you have voiced problems with the current situation. Are you sure another leadership group will alleviate your concerns instead of compounding them? I assume the idea is that the leadership committee is directly created by the community, as opposed to how the design team is created?

I haven't kept close tabs, but it seems like in the past, when someone brings up a problem, it only resulted in action when quite a bit of the community was on board with it. I guess from my perspective, the design team and balance committee are already doing a good enough job, and in my experience they've listened to the community and adapted accordingly.

TL;DR: Why would a leadership committee do a better/worse job at dictating the future of the game than the Design Team? In my opinion, the design team already does a good job of listening to the community - have you found otherwise, and thus advocate for a community-voted committee?

Yes the community would pick the members of the committee.

right now you have no one dictating the future of the game, you have each individual set doing whatever they want, within the scope of playtesting of course, which does and does not catch every problem.

If you remember during the vehicle debacle the very next set of desingers said screw your designs with the buzz droid and the lin demo, and barris offee.

The leadership committee would address problems with bad designs/designers, yes they exist and yes some are still designing. They would eliminate those people from the process.

They would also be in charge of trying to drive the game forward, as was stated earlier the game has no corporate backing so growth is hard. in my visions the leadership group would take the forefront in promoting the game at the local and even national level through facebook posts, invitations to players that play similar games, utilization of vassal to grow the game etc.

The balance committee's job and approval is up for debate, I am not attacking them, I think they made some fantastic changes in the past but fell short on some, and didn't do anything about others, but hey I will take the changes they did do over no changes in a heartbeat, so thanks for those corrections.

Getting the leadership committee right would be imperative but that's part of it I guess.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:15:00 PM

What about this for a leadership committee?

fingersandteeth
engineer
Boris
billiv
Echo
Weeks
leshippy
urbanjedi
TheCelestialWarrior
thereisnotry
Sithborg
Lou
TimmerB
sthlrd2
UrbanShmi
FlyingArrow
DarkDracul
kezzamachine
LilyWan
AceAce
TheHutts
DarthJim
swinefeld
spryguy1981
atmsalad
theultrastar
jew3
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:16:49 PM

My banter on here was an attempt to diffuse some escalating tension, not to hijack the thread. Sorry if that happened.

Since my name has come up to be a member of this council, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to comment on the need or makeup of it.