RegisterDonateLogin

No Youngling's lunchbox should be without it.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Creating A Possitive Forum Environment Options
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:26:43 AM
Groups: Member

General_Grievous,

You can be the droid admiral himself... general grievous lol.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:28:40 AM

Darth_Jim...

Revan..... you sir are revan
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:28:54 AM

Personally, I find trying to get to know a person better has helped me relate to and be more patient with a person. I can't tell you how many times in the past I found Billiv's posting style offensive, whether or not I agreed with the posts. Once I got to know him, however, I found some common ground and just chose to focus on that. Today I count him as a friend. Neither of us changed...but as our friendship grew, so did our respect.

Sometimes you just have to start with the love of the game. It has been dead commercially for 7 years now. Why are we all still here? I know people sometimes say out of exasperation "Can't we all just get along?" Unfortunately, the answer to that question sometimes is no, we can't. The trick is when that happens, don't make it personal...just stick to the topic. If it gets heated, it will be because people are passionate about what they're arguing about, not a personal insult hurled.

I've done my share of violating that, I know. 5 or 6 years ago on the 'Gamers site I managed to insult a number of French players who were promoting an event there while at the same time decrying the Vsets. I can't remember exactly what I said but it was a comparison of the 2 German players in the finals of the French National Championship to the Maginot Line. Tint admonished me privately for that and, although I can still appreciate the humor, it was wrong to go personal. Events in my life and age have mellowed me a bit since then.

Don't back down if you think you're right about something...just don't let it get personal. You might miss out on making a friend.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:29:56 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I like ice cream.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:30:18 AM

atmsalad wrote:

You say I don't care about the opinion of the community, but you want me to be one of 5 controlling the direction of the game? This is some of the best double talk I have ever seen! 😂😂

you are obviously mistaken on how politics work atm.

wow

you are a good person trying to do what you think is best. you are just selfish while doing and sneaky.

You are unrefined as a leader.

Why do you think I have Jim as one of my leaders? to teach
deaths_baine on the council to coutner
Deri on the council to advise
Hutts on the council for experience

You are only one part.
I will say it again.

By yourself you are terrible as a leader.
In a group you will be great.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:30:24 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Darth_Jim...

Revan..... you sir are revan

Yay! I'm worth 70$ on eBay!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:30:34 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
Personally, I find trying to get to know a person better has helped me relate to and be more patient with a person. I can't tell you how many times in the past I found Billiv's posting style offensive, whether or not I agreed with the posts. Once I got to know him, however, I found some common ground and just chose to focus on that. Today I count him as a friend. Neither of us changed...but as our friendship grew, so did our respect.

Sometimes you just have to start with the love of the game. It has been dead commercially for 7 years now. Why are we all still here? I know people sometimes say out of exasperation "Can't we all just get along?" Unfortunately, the answer to that question sometimes is no, we can't. The trick is when that happens, don't make it personal...just stick to the topic. If it gets heated, it will be because people are passionate about what they're arguing about, not a personal insult hurled.

I've done my share of violating that, I know. 5 or 6 years ago on the 'Gamers site I managed to insult a number of French players who were promoting an event there while at the same time decrying the Vsets. I can't remember exactly what I said but it was a comparison of the 2 German players in the finals of the French National Championship to the Maginot Line. Tint admonished me privately for that and, although I can still appreciate the humor, it was wrong to go personal. Events in my life and age have mellowed me a bit since then.

Don't back down if you think you're right about something...just don't let it get personal. You might miss out on making a friend.

that's why you sir are revan.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:31:53 AM

Wait, guys guys guys, who can I be? Hahaha
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:32:02 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:

that's why you sir are revan.

and why he should be on the council!!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:33:33 AM

Flying Arrow...

ferus olin through and through man.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:34:26 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Wait, guys guys guys, who can I be? Hahaha

you are the droid admiral my friend.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:35:13 AM

atmsalad wrote:
Jen'ari, If I am Darth Sideous then that would make you amidala asking for a vote of no confidence and jar jar requesting emergency powers all rolled into one 😂. You say I have a hidden agenda, but your plan of having a committee of 5 controlling the direction of the game would give me more individual control than I could ever have without it.

You might not be so good at this...

Amidala asked for a vote of no confidence for Valorum.
Jar Jar asked for emergency powers for one person to have power

This would actually mean that you are Palpatine and I am calling for the old leader to step down and the new leader to step up.

In fact I am more Mon Mothma. asking the world to fight against a corrupt system.

But i will stick to Luke. It actually fits well, since I do "see the light" in you

EDIT: you have not made Sidious level by the way. You are an upstart. More like Darth Maul trying to hold onto the Death Watch.

Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:35:21 AM

The Revan comparison falls apart when you look closer. Revan always goes first. The only time I go first is in the bathroom line.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:36:34 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I like ice cream.
I like grapes.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:37:01 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
General_Grievous,

You can be the droid admiral himself... general grievous lol.

Good good... hahaha prepare for attack! I will wipe out the Republic faction and their Jedi dogs. All factions will now be droids and dead jedi emplacements they can use as cover
juice man
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:39:34 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
The Revan comparison falls apart when you look closer. Revan always goes first. The only time I go first is in the bathroom line.
Except when you won GenCon with Thrawn/Boba. OMG
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:43:12 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:

That can't be true, what about senior citizen discounts? Im not sure how things work at your house, but at mine we always let the grandparents get their food first ;)
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:43:19 AM

juice man wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:

no you are the epic revan
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:44:14 AM

juice man wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:

That was the last time I ran tempo control in a tournament. Now I need bladder control. Times have changed. If you get between me and a bathroom, urine trouble.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:48:51 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

juice man wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
I like ice cream.
I like grapes.

When I grew up I started eating red grapes, and I like them. I grew up eating green grapes. I now feel like I my whole childhood-grape-eating-time was a waste.