RegisterDonateLogin

Now with 20% more midichlorians.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 89 Unique Force User Options
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:53:46 AM
Groups: Member

Guys first of all I would like to apologize in advance for my bad English. Since I'm a new guy in this Star Wars site and this was my first CCC win, I would like to thank you for your votes and say that it's an honor to interact with each and every one of you every week!

Now, this weeks challenge is to create a Unique Force user (non Disney canon except sw Rebels) of any faction up to 85-90 points. This character must be as accurate as possible to the books, comics, animated series, movies, video games etc. This character must have a Force Power or Special ability of your own creation or adjustment. I believe that the task is simple but if anyone has a question feel free to ask. That's it guys and remember to keep it simple and may the Force be with you... Always!

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Jan 13, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Jan 15th, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:58:37 AM

That's a recent piece I made, just to give you an idea...
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/29671/maris-brood--dark-jedi
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:50:10 AM

If it's non Disney cannon then are the only movies allowed the Ewok ones? or do you basically mean anything before the Disney deal is fair game?
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:08:19 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/29673/obi-wan-kenobi--champion-of-the-jedi

this is my piece, supposed to be Obi-Wan Kenobi after Qui-Gonn dies and he is making the shift from Ataru to Soresu so he has not quite mastered it yet.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:12:37 AM

Sorry LB you're right, I meant to say before the Disney deal.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:06:45 AM

AlexTheGreat wrote:
Sorry LB you're right, I meant to say before the Disney deal.

So I can still create a Disney character... Since EVERY character in Star Wars is Disney now. Its just called Legends, and Canon.

But the contest is basically all the material... Minus Rogue One, Episode 7/8?

Just making sure I understand it, because Disney owns everything. Even the EU. They own it all. So its just Episodes 7/8, all the new books, and all the new comics that are not up to be created. But all the other Disney stuff is correct? Disney stuff like Episodes 1-6? All the New Jedi Order series, the dark horse comics. Video games. ETC.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:08:29 AM

Sure Shmi!!
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 10:08:03 AM

.... another Unique, most likely Epic Blink sigh ......

Yet again I wasn't going to .... but proctoring kids is boring so ....

Atris, Last of the Jedi I made her maybe 4-5 years ago ... never looked quite right ... shined it up a bit. She doesn't seem very offensive till you look at Jedi Historian. As Chronicler and Lore Master of the Force, Jedi & Sith, she seemed capable of doing a lot and "learning" a lot so I stole/redid Con Artist just a tad.

I try to comment on peoples entries in the Customs section, yet I only got one comment before voting last time. Hard to gauge how I'm doing with no comments .....

Cheers,

surf
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:02:27 PM

Here is my entry guys hope you enjoy it!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15188/lord-bane

and here is the piece that goes with it!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15130/darth-bane--force-spirit
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:15:05 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Atris, Last of the Jedi I made her maybe 4-5 years ago ... never looked quite right ... shined it up a bit. She doesn't seem very offensive till you look at Jedi Historian. As Chronicler and Lore Master of the Force, Jedi & Sith, she seemed capable of doing a lot and "learning" a lot so I stole/redid Con Artist just a tad.

I try to comment on peoples entries in the Customs section, yet I only got one comment before voting last time. Hard to gauge how I'm doing with no comments .....

Cheers,

surf

i really like this atris surf good job!
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:32:15 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Cheers,

surf

Yet another great work from surf!! Very accurate man! Love the Historian ability!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:05:25 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Cheers,

surf

Dang Surf that's an incredible piece, what do I even enter against that? Haha
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 10:03:33 PM

Meant to be her at the height of her power and life:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30677/asajj-ventress--redeemed
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 7:23:35 AM

Going for something a little crazy here
Ooroo
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:23:29 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Cheers,

surf

Dang Surf that's an incredible piece, what do I even enter against that? Haha

Is this representing her as historian? Or Post Historian Atris? If its during her time with the Jedi, she shouldn't be able to tap into the Dark Side, as she was devoted to the Jedi and its ways (Change the historian ability to all Force Powers without Dark/Sith in them). But if its her Post-Historian, then she shouldn't have the ability because she wasn't a historian. Looking at the name of this piece, it seems this is her Post- Jedi Historian, where she was turning to the Dark Side with the Dark side relics? Or is this an all in one her at different points of time in her life?
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:45:35 AM

shmi15 wrote:

Is this representing her as historian? Or Post Historian Atris? If its during her time with the Jedi, she shouldn't be able to tap into the Dark Side, as she was devoted to the Jedi and its ways (Change the historian ability to all Force Powers without Dark/Sith in them). But if its her Post-Historian, then she shouldn't have the ability because she wasn't a historian. Looking at the name of this piece, it seems this is her Post- Jedi Historian, where she was turning to the Dark Side with the Dark side relics? Or is this an all in one her at different points of time in her life?

I'm actually thinking this is her angry period right in-between. Angry at the route the Jedi have gone, not yet gone to the Dark Side, but she's exploring Sith knowledge ....
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:58:43 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

I'm actually thinking this is her angry period right in-between. Angry at the route the Jedi have gone, not yet gone to the Dark Side, but she's exploring Sith knowledge ....

Her angry period I think was during the Dark War, when she left the Academy and "started a new one" Where she trained her Echanis. She wasn't actually affiliated with the Jedi during her Dark times. She was upset at what they were doing, but never actually crossed the Dark side until she did her own thing. Part of this weeks challenge was being as thematic as possible. So I was just saying if she wasn't part of the Jedi, the Historian ability doesn't make sense, because she wasn't a historian. And if she was a Jedi, her using Dark Side powers doesn't make sense either, because she was dedicated to the ways of the Jedi.

These are the Dark Side abilities she was attune to, Force choke, Force drain, Force horror, Force lightning, and Force affliction.

These were her Light Side abilities. Force suppression, Droid Disable, and Force stun.

I think you nailed most of it on her, except her actual place in history. Her faction could be different depending on what your representing and everything.

What is missing is her Juyo Style combat, which she was Excellent in.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:16:53 AM

shmi15 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

Her angry period I think was during the Dark War, when she left the Academy and "started a new one" Where she trained her Echanis. She wasn't actually affiliated with the Jedi during her Dark times. She was upset at what they were doing, but never actually crossed the Dark side until she did her own thing. Part of this weeks challenge was being as thematic as possible. So I was just saying if she wasn't part of the Jedi, the Historian ability doesn't make sense, because she wasn't a historian. And if she was a Jedi, her using Dark Side powers doesn't make sense either, because she was dedicated to the ways of the Jedi.

These are the Dark Side abilities she was attune to, Force choke, Force drain, Force horror, Force lightning, and Force affliction.

These were her Light Side abilities. Force suppression, Droid Disable, and Force stun.

I think you nailed most of it on her, except her actual place in history. Her faction could be different depending on what your representing and everything.

What is missing is her Juyo Style combat, which she was Excellent in.

I discarded Juyo and Disable after awhile; it was too word-y (I'm making cards remember.) As a historian myself, while you may change a personal outlook on something, it doesn't mean you've "forgotten" what you've learned ... and I seriously doubt she gave up what she'd collected and studied when she split to her academy; the Jedi weren't paying attention to her so I doubt they asked her to "return" her borrowed library books. They probably didn't even know what she had, never mind that she may have had forbidden Sith knowledge.

I went with two variations of Suppression. I didn't give her Sith powers, but Historian gives her a base/ability to understand a Sith power to use it.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:28:11 AM

@surf the only problem I have with the piece is the possibilities of the learn a force power thingy.
She can grab Sith Battle Manipulation or Force Lightning 4?
These are things that I do not know if she could learn. or Aiing-tii flowwalking?

Was she that powerful? I have not read on her a lot. but creating Force Storms for instance at the level of some of the old masters or Sidious is not something someone can do from reading about it right? It makes sense in my head that what I am saying is right, but I do not know if the character has a history of like learning about something and than mastering it.
Shatterpoint is a very unique skill, you know?
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:01:41 PM

perhaps limiting it to a power with a force point cost of 2 or less? I made a similar power a few years back for an Exar Kun Jedi.