RegisterDonateLogin

A glass a day keeps Dr. Evazan away.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 94 - (Function than Theme) - Force User Options
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:08:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:

Interesting - When I "hit" Mettle for its definition and who had it, Arca Didn't come up. Swine, if youre reading this ... BigGrin

Although, to be honest, if Arca has to stay within 4 it would be useless to me since I envision Satele charging towards the front where Arca wouldn't last long ....

Arca doesn't have Mettle, he merely grants Mettle to whoever he is ghosting. So yeah, he wouldn't come up in a search.

Not ideal, but such 'Synergy Provider' functions (in this database at least) got pretty convoluted with all the new v-set content. Site-performance killer, so was dropped from being updated +10 sets ago.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:57:05 AM
Groups: Member

This is actually a rather challenging week for me.

Right now I've tentatively settled on:
Sigel Dare
Function: Help flesh out the Imperial Knights, giving them more options.

They really tried too hard with the Vset Imperial Knights...

EDIT: Since the week is function over theme, giving them access to some much needed door control.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 7:13:05 AM

Dust off this guy. Removed the multi use ability "armament" and shamelessly stole CC's "Assault".

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27480/corran-horn--corsec
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:11:05 AM

Ment to due ths yesterday, but oh well.

Satele Shan, Master of the Order 2.0

This is the corrected cost, not my "test" run.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:19:03 AM

Are you dead set on the 30 damage (and if so, any particular reason)? With UTF and FR3 means a guaranteed 60 every round unless the other abilities fit better with your tactics that round - I'm just not feeling it. For the cost she still need a bit of toning down I think.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:56:58 AM

juice man wrote:
Dust off this guy. Removed the multi use ability "armament" and shamelessly stole CC's "Assault".

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27480/corran-horn--corsec

Welcome! Since jen wanted us to give some rationale in the form of the character's Function/Place in the game's timeline, which Corran is this?
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:12:38 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Are you dead set on the 30 damage (and if so, any particular reason)? With UTF and FR3 means a guaranteed 60 every round unless the other abilities fit better with your tactics that round - I'm just not feeling it. For the cost she still need a bit of toning down I think.

Well, no, I'm not "dead set" on the 30, but she has no other lightsaber boost Other than Use the Force, and its Force 3. If she uses it every round, she'll be vulnerable with no extra Force pts for rerolls, won't be able to use anything else like her Push or Vision. Its going to have to be situational; She's only got three force powers and they're All +3 or +4 on Force, and if she uses Vision early in the game (and I would to better position people,) she's Not sitting back collecting points. She'll be using Every Point almost from the beginning. Does she have a shot at 90 Damage a round? Yes, but often that's it and she'd be no better/worse than any Other tank out there. She's leading from the front. That's not cheap or easy and she'll constantly be a target, needing Soresu And the occassional Force pt or two for rerolls.

As for cost; yeah she "could've" costed 69-70, but the 55 was wrong and I can live with an aggressively costed 65.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 12:15:53 PM

Ok, I stole an idea from Alex! Because I loved it.

So function, to expand on the Eternal Empire Sub Faction. I wanted to design a tank who got tougher when damaged, and also became a threat to do some damage while injured. I gave him a "Unique" Zakuul Armor, that functions at a higher rate than the other one.

Thematic I went with the EE trailer, and its based purely on the battle scene on Korriban. This is the battle where he gets blasted in the face, and then wears his mask. After wearing his mask, he goes on a killing spree, and becomes this ruthless killer who doesn't get touched. So Pain is my Entitlement is what I went with to show him at his height after being injured. I thought about going with Embrace of Pain... But I also wanted to give him some sort of attack boost, and I didn't really wanna give him a Base 14 Defense.. lol. So at 60 HP and down he has a 24 Defense and a 16 attack, and gets +10 damage and from that point on his damage can not be prevented or redirected.

Ataru because of how he holds his Lightsaber in the scenes, and it says in his Wookie that he was a highly skilled Duelist. And it also adds to his damage output if he singles out 1 opponent ( as he does in the scenes)

His CE is to show him being healed by his Knights during the battle... Not entirely sold on it, but it adds to the theme of the scene and also the Tankiness of him.

His Force Powers are all representative of him after his mask. The Rage he has, the way he blocks and dodges lightsaber attacks. And his swift counters to kill his opponents.

MOTF2 could be gone easily, I only have it there so he can Block/Riposte once each, or one of them twice. SO if cost is an issue that would be the first thing I would start with to take off.

But, either way, here he is.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30812/arcann--hero-of-korriban

shmi15
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 12:41:59 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Ment to due ths yesterday, but oh well.

Satele Shan, Master of the Order 2.0

This is the corrected cost, not my "test" run.

I like most of this character but for the UTF 3 times thing... Its very interesting, and I'm not sure its broken at all, because you would have to spend 9FP to accomplish it, but you can very easily accomplish it, and her still be useful without using any other FP before hand. Round 3 ( sometimes when fighting actually begins, she can thow it out there and drop 180 damage without rolling a dice. And SSM with Mettle is always a headache, especially with MOTF 3... Save 2 for no damage is no bueno, lol. BUT. This IS her as Master of the Order, and she was a very powerful Jedi. I'm torn. I love Melee Jedi, and I want them to be competitive. But is this to competitive? I'm going to lean on the no, its not broken side, and more on the its a really hard piece to kill, that can drop some serious damage side. Which I am not completely against when it comes to High Costing Jedi. So I say good job!
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:26:15 PM

shmi15 wrote:

I like most of this character but for the UTF 3 times thing... Its very interesting, and I'm not sure its broken at all, because you would have to spend 9FP to accomplish it, but you can very easily accomplish it, and her still be useful without using any other FP before hand. Round 3 ( sometimes when fighting actually begins, she can thow it out there and drop 180 damage without rolling a dice. And SSM with Mettle is always a headache, especially with MOTF 3... Save 2 for no damage is no bueno, lol. BUT. This IS her as Master of the Order, and she was a very powerful Jedi. I'm torn. I love Melee Jedi, and I want them to be competitive. But is this to competitive? I'm going to lean on the no, its not broken side, and more on the its a really hard piece to kill, that can drop some serious damage side. Which I am not completely against when it comes to High Costing Jedi. So I say good job!

You see, as I said when LB raised the same concern regarding UTF, If I was playing her, she's not stockpling pts (Like Vader's Apprentice as an example.) He has nothing to use his pts on except Push; Satele on the other hand has only 3 Force Powers; Push Vision and UTF, and right off the bat I'd be using Vision to advance my men into better positions and I use it twice thats 4 characters I can move.

If I always use UTF, when would I have FP's to reroll? I didn't realize, as I said to swine, that Arca Spirit had Mettle, but you need to have Arca within four and I envision Satele leading the way up front (where a Tank Should Be.) Arca gets shot to pieces and I need my FP's for rerolls. Can you use it your way? Sure! ... but I wouldn't. I see UTF as the lightsaber version of killshot.

Read my response to LB; I think I went into slightly more detail ....
blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:35:39 PM

Ok so mine is an alt timeline Cade Skywalker. What if he went on with his fellow Jedi? The Jedi arnt exactly all that much part of the New Republic/Gallatic Alliance, so I kept him fringe. The death of his father still haunts him and effects him, but he never becomes a pirate/bounty hunter etc. He never gets hooked on Death Sticks and he continues his studies as a Jedi with other Jedi.

Functionally he is a big fringe melee tank.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30813/cade-skywalker--alt-timeline-

looking for input note no new abilities made yet. contemplating those.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 11:12:27 PM

Alright time for some Vong- Wait force user requirement, cancel last hahaha. Alright so here is a last minute entry as I had super busy week travelling but here is one of my old attempts to help protect the Sith in a truly thematic way. So many of the old Sith and many of the new Sith have clad themselves in powerful armours, and we can already triple stack damage reduction with VCA and Dark Armor/Force-Attuned Armor in the Sith faction so why not make it a staple.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23270/sith-armorer
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 9:55:07 AM

Surf for yours I like the idea but I echo Jen'ari base damage is too high. Drop to 20 maybe? She would still be super aggressively costed. SSM, direct damage, tons of force renewal and a deadly auto-include CE would make this granddaughter an auto-pair with her grandmother.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 1:32:37 PM

Voting early because I'll be busy tomorrow
1. Surf
2. GG
3. Spry
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 9:03:26 PM

Sorry for the lack of commenting this week Everyone, I was travelling most of it and only got back Friday night. Also before I get to thoughts, Jen'ari you didn't enter a piece in your own week haha.

Blem, Cade is always an awesome choice and we can certainly use more of him in the game. I think the character you created is quite a bit under-costed though and as well I still think we should be trying to tone down ABM and not add it to more factions. That being said everything else fits and I just think he needs to have his cost bumped up towards BHC levels.

Surf, you created a beautiful powerful piece that would really help the OR out and hits hard. Still not sure about that bass 30 damage though.

Shmi, I think the armour ability could have had a more generic name so it could be used elsewhere and Pain is my entitlement could use some cleaning up. The CE is something very different and interesting for the Sith but thematically fitting. I'm still waiting to get a Vader in meditation centre/bacta tank.

Juice, a bit ability heavy but I'm sure that could get cleaned up on a card, and I like how everything works together here.

LB, good job on the CE. A bit wordy but I like CEs that require specific squad building. Big fan of the imperial knights and as such I really like fleshing them out more.

Alex, my usual ability heavy comment aside, this guy is great and fits your sub-faction well.

Spry, massive boost to the Sith, almost too much I think with Lightsaber protection and the Sith's high hit points, as I could see that getting a bit problematic. But the CE is great and EP could be a great aid to the Sith.

CHS, I like him, and great boost to the low cost Sith, very Sith blade master.

3rd LB
2nd Juice
1st CHS
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 6:29:57 AM

3 Juice man a simple and effective piece. Big fan of this kind of characters! Good job!

2 shmi Go Eternal Empire hahaha! Pity that this sub faction doesn't still exist. I hope that on the next V-sets we might find some!

1 surf Great piece man, one of my personal favorite jedi. Still I believe that MOTF 3, Renewal 3 and 30 DMG is too much for a 65 points character but above all that your SA and Force power selection was really great!
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 7:32:00 AM

1. Shmi
2. CHS
3. LB
shmi15
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 7:56:39 AM

I may not be able to vote until tonight sometime. So give me time if you don't here from me!

1st Alex

2ndCHS

3rd LB
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 8:54:05 AM

1 spry - I actually think this design might be better suited for a One Sith - all those Unique lightsaber wielders after all, but that would require an actual One Sith subfaction... I like it none the less.
2 GG - With that low defense I don't see any harm in the CE affecting himself - he likely takes pride in his armor ;)
3 juice - Simple effective possible alternative to Dash, though to me Force 2 would feel a bit better - not a big deal though.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 9:26:15 AM

I am sorry guys.

I really dropped the ball. I literally thought that I had already done it!!

my apologies for not putting my own design in there. I will do so after voting just so you guys can see it.
i will vote tonight though after giving them all a good look over.