RegisterDonateLogin

I ain't seen one of these websites since I was prospecting on Subterrel.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 131 - Subfaction Time Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 10:17:01 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

For this week's CCC the challenge is to create a character that has a sub-faction ability, like Army of Light, Resistance, First Order, Black Sun, Wraith Squadron etc (you can create a new sub-faction if you want). Characters that gain the ability by having it in their name are also acceptable. Pick your favourite subfaction (or any subfaction at all- I don't mind) and design a character that expands it in new directions (or old ones).

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Dec 8, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Dec 10, 2018.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:42:55 AM

Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:24:32 AM
Groups: Member

jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:28:17 PM

Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 3:37:52 PM

Trying to put some love into the Wolfpack.

Wolfpack Sergeant "Boost"
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 4:44:12 PM

Got a couple of ideas to throw at the wall here:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35454/old-republic-armorer
The problem with OR Soldier builds is that they're way too glass cannon-y. They can dish out a ton of punishment but can't take much in return. They have to GMA in and out of cover and/or blast the whole map to smithereens if they want to live. This tries to give them some survivability without making them too tanky - melee pieces aren't affected in the least by it, but now they can take a few hits from shooters and stay alive. No Super Stormtroopers one-shotting these guys.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35456/old-republic-field-commander
Similar goal of giving Soldiers more survivability, but also handing out Disciplined Leader to a few pieces. Gives a weaker version of Lucky Break, so they still can't be one-shotted, but they also don't shrug off a huge amount of damage. They're still probably only good for two hits, unless your opponent chooses to hit them for 30 the first time and let 10-damage grunts finish them off.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 5:19:23 PM

Changing my entry and going with an old character I made for a sub faction already introduced.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15532/lord-hoth--army-of-light-commander
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 5:38:50 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:47:56 PM

Here is my take on starting a new sub faction based on my favourite Clone Wars arc, an ever-expanding mob of fringe scum that is converting their enemies :

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/17920/darth-maul--lord-of-the-shadow-collective
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, December 8, 2018 4:55:30 PM

Decided to run this one for the contest: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35454/old-republic-armorer . CE is more straightforward.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 11:36:24 AM

Alot of great entries this week guys was hard to choose but here are my votes.
1. Jen
2. CC
3. GG
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 3:05:42 PM

1. adamb0nd

2. Oakel

3. CC
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 5:47:50 PM

1 CorellianComedian
2 gandalfthegreatestwizard
3 General_Grievous
Oakel
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 11:10:06 AM

1. Adamb0nd - Nailed it. Clear, clean, and smoothed out one of the most annoying bumps in that subfaction. Well done.

2. CC - I can't speak to the theme, but I like seeing you open up possibilities for the OR Soldier squads. If only there was a way to make him worthwhile for the old school soldiers/troopers with 10 HP.

3. Gandalf - Though I would have liked to see some Rogue One crossover synergies, I think this is a well crafted piece. I find the Rogue One and flavor SA a little silly, but that's not always bad.

So many good entries. It was hard to decide. Nice work folks!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 11:57:53 AM

1st - Gandalf's Wedge Antilles. This piece is fantastic because it doesn't really break anything. He's a solid fighter in his own right, so he isn't bad if you just need another GMA piece, but he really wants a Luke to be paired with. The CE is a neat trick but not obviously powerful - the kind of thing you overlook until you've got a Gold Squadron Ace shoulder-tackling your squad for 50 damage a pop. And that new ability is hilarious.

2nd - adamb0nd's Kota's Militia Commander. I've always liked Kota's Militia, although I haven't played the game and only used them once in a campaign battle. I think this piece slots in nicely with them - I like how between this piece and the v-set one, they're getting some abilities that troopers usually don't get. In hindsight, I think I would've preferred just going with Flak Shield - simpler than creating a new ability and usually not going to make a different in whether the troopers live or die - but that's a minor nitpick. My favorite part is by far giving Kota Independent Outfit - that more than anything else is what would prop Kota's Militia into the competitive game.

3rd - Oakel's Wolfpack Sergeant "Boost." Lots of neat stuff here. I love the Wolfpack. I love Rolling Evade. I love how he fits so naturally with the rest of the Wolfpack. I love handing out Survival Expert. Combined Suppression is cool. I disagree that the old Suppressive Fire analog was too much considering combined fire isn't much of a thing, but I guess it never hurts to be safe.

Caedus's Sabine Wren, Mandalore. Holy cats that is a Mandalore. That is the strongest denial piece since General Obi-Wan Kenobi. I love it. I like the Ghost Crew bit; gives them another option for some strong melee action - not that they don't already have three melee pieces, but I get tired reading Kanan and Ezra's cards.

Jen'ari's Mandalorian Veteran. Honorable mention definitely goes to this one. Lots of cool abilities, but none over-the-top at all. As I said on the page for it, I love that somebody finally acknowledged that "elite" pieces exist. I think that's something the v-sets could really explore; there are a lot of fun but worthless "elite" pieces that could be neat with a little boost.

CorranHornsux123's Lord Hoth, Army of Light Commander. Solid piece. I love Army of Light help. Speed 8 is a nice boost for them, and GMA is a nice touch on him. Kinda curious why he doesn't have Speed 8 himself. I think it would have been cool if Sith Hunter was part of his commander effect, but that's a nitpick. Nice to see Overwhelming Force. I like him giving Force Renewal to Valenthyne, but I am deeply wounded to see a special ability given through Synergy Razz

General Grievous's Darth Maul, Lord of the Shadow Collective. Nicely balanced piece. Fringe Pawn of the Dark Side is cool, but there's no way he'd be used just for that, so nice balancing act there. Nothing seems out of place. A little light on beatstickiness, but he's got a lot of tech, so that's fine. Don't need him being another crazy Talon beat. I am wondering about the CE, though: it looks like as long as you have one Fringe character and one Death Watch character, you can recruit any random Mandos that also happen to be in your squad. Enemy Conscription is a great feature (really what makes him worth 40 IMO)... I am almost wondering if he'd be more useful to Conscript enemies for Talon instead of using Death Watch? I think the balance might be too far in Talon's favor, but at least that means this guy has some fantastically diverse squadbuilding options.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 10:25:18 PM

3rd CHS, really love the boost to Valenthyne here and simple CE
2nd Adam, armour is a great simple boost!
1st CC, same idea with the armor, but the less saves the better!

Caedus, beefy new Ghost Crew member, the game needs a Sabine Mandalore/Death Watch mash-up, only thing I may have done is make Vambraces more similar to Counter push after she is hit by an adjacent attack then a straight up movement breaker that can occur multiple times per activation.

Jen, simple and thematic boost.

Oakel, I'm unsure if survival expert should be on non-uniques, but I like how you changed suppression up.

Gandalf, nice boost for Rebel pilots, not that rogue one is hilarious haha.

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 4:42:00 AM

Looks like CC has this one with 11, congratulations! Great job on a simple thematic boost to OR troops
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 8:14:46 AM

Wow. It's been a while. I'll have one up soon.

Great job everyone! Lots of fun pieces this week!