RegisterDonateLogin

Wonderful! You are now a part of the tribe. (Just what you always wanted.)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 3 - Minis, Force Powers and abilities you would like to see Options
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 7:49:27 AM
Groups: Member

ok this is for the community. Get on board and voice your opinion. If you dont say anything here please dont gripe later we werent listening.

List the stuff you want to see int he next set. Please pay attention to what is already been taken care of.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 8:37:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It might still be forthcoming in this set, but I'd like to see something else (besides Gree) that makes all the Squad abilities playable. I liked the idea someone had voiced (sorry I don't remember who said it - I'd like to give credit):

Fallen Comrades: Defeated allies count as being within 6 squares for the purpose of abilities that contain "Squad" in their names.

So you'd have to have the required number of people to start with, but if one or more dies, the squad abilities don't automatically go away. It could also work as a commander effect instead.

yuuzhanvonghunter
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 8:38:04 AM

I think a force power, "Use the Force, Luke" would be good, like maybe +50 damage for rest of turn maybe?
crazybirdman
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 8:42:36 AM

There is still plenty of people from the EU I'd love to see made, and older characters that could be re-done. but we don't have the complete list of what's in the 1st V-set do we?

Other than those, I'd love to see more abilities that boost other pieces.
~Like the rancor keeper with an ability called 'master tamer' that would be empathy, but with a greater or unlimited range. Or make it a commander effect so it can be used with mouse droids.
~Maybe a fringe commander that gives anyone with soldier in their name and atk/def bonus, or squad assault or something.
~Perhaps some more race/species specific abilities or commander effects. Granting speed 8 to Wookies, or dead-eye to all cyborgs or mighty swing to Trandoshans etc.
~Something similar to mouse droids, but increases the range for special abilities
~a commander effect that changes gang/swarm from +1 to +2 or +3

Thanks for giving us a spot to voice an opinion, and sorry if I duplicated anything.
Disturbed1
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 8:45:04 AM

yuuzhanvonghunter wrote:
I think a force power, "Use the Force, Luke" would be good, like maybe +50 damage for rest of turn maybe?

Maybe on a piece that costs like 200 points or so, cause that r uber borked.
yuuzhanvonghunter
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 9:13:23 AM

Disturbed1 wrote:
yuuzhanvonghunter wrote:

Maybe on a piece that costs like 200 points or so, cause that r uber borked.

But I forgot to say, maybe cost all his force points?
jedispyder
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 9:13:37 AM

yuuzhanvonghunter wrote:

There is already a "Use the Force" ability that makes the next attack a critical hit, I don't think they'll revisit this ability in the V-Set.
jedispyder
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 9:33:37 AM

I'm in the middle of playing TFU for Wii and noticing a lot of potential characters we can use:
Felucian Shaman (with some sort of "mass heal" FP that allows all allies within 3 squares can remove 10 damage from them)
Felucian Chieftan (a CE that grants Force Renewal to allied Felucians or a simple attack/defense boost)
Felucian Dark Warrior (with Dark Temptation since on Wookieepedia it mentioned how Felucians are always on the verge of falling to the dark side of the Force)

Imperial Jumptrooper (Flight and Flamethrower 20)
Purge trooper (anti-Force Push/Grip, Missiles 20, something that reduces damage of lightsabers)
Imperial Senate Sentinel (Force Pike [Parry+Shock Staff], Lightsaber Duelist)
Incinerator trooper (Flamethrower 30)
Stormtroopers who were Melee-attackers with the pikes that were resistant to Force Lightning (can't find the name but they were awesome and difficult to go against)
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 9:45:50 AM

crazybirdman wrote:
~Like the rancor keeper with an ability called 'master tamer' that would be empathy, but with a greater or unlimited range. Or make it a commander effect so it can be used with mouse droids.

This one I really like.... hmmm if only I could pass this one on to the people that mattered!!!!!
tonythetoyman
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 10:01:33 AM

Thanks for asking (even if you don't like/use my idea)!

I'd love to see a few figures with "sure shot" (for ranged attacks) or "sure swing" (for melee attacks).

It would read something like this: "Damage from this characters attack cannot be prevented or redirected."

I think it would fit with a bounty hunter or two -- something with ranged attack, and maybe a Jedi/Sith or two -- something with melee attack.

I don't think it should be given to anyone who can get to many extra attacks (at least too easily/cheaply). I think the game could handle up to 4 figures with this SA for now to see how it goes, and then maybe increase it by a few more if it goes well.

juice man
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 10:15:00 AM

crazybirdman--Wookies with speed 8? That makes so much sense it's hard to believe they don't have it already. Long legs, bigger stride.
crazybirdman
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 10:25:18 AM

indeed. I'd also love to see the Ysalamiri as a piece on it's own. Don't know what the suggested mini would be though.
eMouse
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 10:32:23 AM

Here's some of my list...

T-Series Droid (Tactical Droid) - Separatist - Booming voice, but droids only. Ability to make normal commander effects also effect droids. Super Battle Droid figure?

R3-S6 "Goldie" - Separatist - Unique, Republic Affinity (can be in a republic army and costs less), Override, Repair 10, Republic Traitor (republic figures within 6 squares get -4 on saves), Grappling line (saves that involve pits get +4)

Thok, Gamorrean Warrior - Frenzy of some sort?

Hoar, Tusken Raider - Fringe, Affinity (-1 when in a squad with Arden Lyn)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 10:45:59 AM

tonythetoyman wrote:
Thanks for asking (even if you don't like/use my idea)!

I'd love to see a few figures with "sure shot" (for ranged attacks) or "sure swing" (for melee attacks).

It would read something like this: "Damage from this characters attack cannot be prevented or redirected."

I think it would fit with a bounty hunter or two -- something with ranged attack, and maybe a Jedi/Sith or two -- something with melee attack.

I don't think it should be given to anyone who can get to many extra attacks (at least too easily/cheaply). I think the game could handle up to 4 figures with this SA for now to see how it goes, and then maybe increase it by a few more if it goes well.

I like the idea of some damage being unavoidable, but not for free. I think it should cost a Force Point like Overwhelming Force. Or I'd like to see it paired with combined fire. For instance:

Coordinated Attack Damage from attacks by followers within 6 squares cannot be prevented or redirected if one or more allies combine fire with the attacker

The above could instead be a CE. Could be restricted to a certain class of characters (troopers, mercenaries, commanders, bounty hunters, etc.)

Or instead of using combined fire, if it's just a one time use effect:

Sure Shot Usable only once per skirmish; for the rest of this turn, damage caused by attacks from this character cannot be prevented or redirected.

(Sure would stink to fail your Dominate save and have your enemy burn your Sure Shot against you, though.)
juice man
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 11:01:26 AM

FA - How about:

Coordinated Attack: Damage from attacks by followers within 6 squares cannot be prevented or redirected if two or more allies combine fire with the attacker.

That way there is a high activation cost.
jedispyder
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 11:12:38 AM

crazybirdman wrote:
indeed. I'd also love to see the Ysalamiri as a piece on it's own. Don't know what the suggested mini would be though.

Only suggested mini could be an elongated lump of painted green stuff unless you want to remove it from GAT. This character would need to have Speed 0 or Emplacement (they clung to trees and rarely moved by themselves). It could have a "Carried" ability (This character moves with an adjacent ally with a save of 11. If the save is below a 6, this character is defeated.) This details how difficult it is to move the character and how they can easily die if mishandled.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 11:13:01 AM

juice man wrote:
FA - How about:

Coordinated Attack: Damage from attacks by followers within 6 squares cannot be prevented or redirected if two or more allies combine fire with the attacker.

That way there is a high activation cost.

Considering that combined fire is hardly ever used right now, requiring two allies to combine fire with the attacker would probably mean it's still not used much. I think.
juice man
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 11:21:22 AM

Well, it's not just combined fire, it's also unpreventable damage. How much would that be worth on an evading $@#^% ?
confute
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 11:58:24 AM

Thanks for starting this post Dean and to all your hard work!
Looking forward to the V set.

Here is an old link to the wotc boards which has some ideas:

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/21874377/Abilities_Id_like_to_see

Another character idea might be:

Finis Valorum

Special Abilities:
Unique
Diplomat
Chancellor of the Republic: you can choose to apply a - 4 to your opponents initiative roll and the start of each turn. Squads which contain Senator Palpatine or Darth Sidious ignore this effect.
Commander Effect: Adjacent characters gain Bodyguard
dreadtech
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 12:09:50 PM

Thanks Dean for the thread.

I hope the thread will go on for some time after the first sets out, as i would like to list a few characters i want to see, however as most members know i have seen the entire list for set 1 any character i list as a want automatically tells members that these characters are not in set 1. yes yes i know some ******* spoiled the set but not everyone saw it.

Same go's for CE's and SA's. Is there a cut off date to post wants?? and will set 2 have a theme.

Thanks.