Crit to hit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 3 - Minis, Force Powers and abilities you would like to see Options
tonythetoyman
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 12:23:02 PM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
tonythetoyman wrote:
Thanks for asking (even if you don't like/use my idea)!

I'd love to see a few figures with "sure shot" (for ranged attacks) or "sure swing" (for melee attacks).

It would read something like this: "Damage from this characters attack cannot be prevented or redirected."

I think it would fit with a bounty hunter or two -- something with ranged attack, and maybe a Jedi/Sith or two -- something with melee attack.

I don't think it should be given to anyone who can get to many extra attacks (at least too easily/cheaply). I think the game could handle up to 4 figures with this SA for now to see how it goes, and then maybe increase it by a few more if it goes well.

I like the idea of some damage being unavoidable, but not for free. I think it should cost a Force Point like Overwhelming Force. Or I'd like to see it paired with combined fire. For instance:

Coordinated Attack Damage from attacks by followers within 6 squares cannot be prevented or redirected if one or more allies combine fire with the attacker

The above could instead be a CE. Could be restricted to a certain class of characters (troopers, mercenaries, commanders, bounty hunters, etc.)

Or instead of using combined fire, if it's just a one time use effect:

Sure Shot Usable only once per skirmish; for the rest of this turn, damage caused by attacks from this character cannot be prevented or redirected.

(Sure would stink to fail your Dominate save and have your enemy burn your Sure Shot against you, though.)

I suppose it would be ok if it cost a FP to use sure shot, but I'm not 100% sure this is necessary. Maybe it could be a "once per skirmish" sort of thing so folks without FP could still have it. An interesting CE would be to allow each character in your squad to use sure shot once per skirmish.

But, another idea that came to me is a SA or CE that allowed melee figs to combine fire. A name like "coordinated attack" might work well for this.
Segastorm
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 12:53:12 PM

What about an ability that allows regular Ce's to work on droids and vice versa, or an ability for palpatine called "My new apprentice" that can turn other characters with a force rating to your squad. I think that would be interesting.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 1:25:27 PM

Similar to the master tamer ability, I had thought of an ability that helped savage characters:

Beast Master: Allied savage characters may end their turn adjacent to this character instead of an enemy.

It'd mesh well with characters who boost savage characters like Exar as it'd allow you to keep your savages reigned in without losing the bonus.

Another concept I had thought of was this:

Tactics Change: At the start of every round, after initiative has been determined, select one of the following abilities (abilities to choose from). This character gains the following CE until the end of the round - (Eligible characters) gain (selected ability).

This would allow a player to readily adapt to their current situation by giving them a tactical choice of how to boost their characters.

Finally a little one that might be interesting:

Prideful: This character is +2 attack and -2 defense against enemies with a lower point cost.
Jedi Christian
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 1:43:46 PM

Defianatly characters that were made into c's and uc's that were based on a Unique character. There is a list on the wizos forum that Stormtrooper started. Maybe some of the good ones can make it. At least a pool to draw from.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/22514997/Identifying_non-uniques_that_should_be_uniques

CONSOLIDATED RESULTS:

1. Crimson Nova Bounty Hunter - Breela
2. Dark Side Enforcer - Belia Darzu
3. Human Bodyguard - Sateen Vestswe
4. NR Exceptional Jedi Apprentice - Jaden Korr
5. OR Jedi Consular - Mical
6. OR Jedi Guardian - Atris
7. OR Jedi Sentinel - Visas
8. Quarren Assassin - Tessek
9. Gran Raider - Ree-Yees
10. Black Sun Vigo - Clezo
11. Jedi Padawan - Zett Jukassa
12. Quarren Bounty Hunter - Grakko
13. Republic Commando Training Sergeant - Kal Skirata
14. T1 Series Bulk Loader Droid - Elbee
15. Sith Apprentice - Darth Bandon (already done)
16. Talz Chieftan - Thi Sen
17. Imperial Knight (male) - Ganner Krieg
18. Mando Gunslinger - Rav Bralor
19. Correlian Pirate - Hal Horn
20. Correlian Security Officer - Corran Horn
21. HumanForce Adept - Valara Saar
22. Dark Side Acolyte - Bal Serinus
23. Mercenary Commander - Airen Cracken
24. Bothan Noble - Borssk Fey'lla
25. Elite Rebel Commando - Wyl Tarson
26. Imperial Knight (female) - Sigel Dare
27. Togorian Soldier - Mezgraf
28. Imperial Sovereign Protector - Carnor Jax
29. Echani Handmaiden - Brianna
30. Imperial Dignitary - Janus Greejatus
31. Shistavanen Pilot - Lak Sivrak
32. Mistryl Shadow Guard - Variise
33. Jedi Weapon Master - Cin Drallig
34. Klatoonian Hunter - Barada
35. Snivvian Fringer - Zutton or Rachalt Hyst
36. Emperor's Hand - Zekk
37. Chandra'fan Pickpocket - Kabe
38. Twi'lek Bodyguard - Oola (debatable based on clothes)
39. 501st Legion Clone Commander - Commander Appo
40. Gungan Bounty Hunter - Kleef
41. Clone Trooper Commander (RotS) - Commander Bly
42. Jedi Healer - Ph'ton
43. Jedi Instructor - Coleman Trebor
44. Rodian Diplomat - Onaconda Farr
45. Jedi Watchman - Kai Justiss

Mandelmauler
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 1:49:29 PM

SA: Huge allied characters gain stable footing.
Mandelmauler
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 1:53:23 PM

CE: Melee characters adjacent to an enemy being attacked by a melee (or adjacent?) attack can activate and provide +4A for the attack. (combined fire for melee (or adjacent) by melee)
Darth O
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 2:59:40 PM

CE: Allies gain Betrayal and Internal Strife. Could be interesting....
crazybirdman
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 3:01:29 PM

jedispyder wrote:
crazybirdman wrote:
indeed. I'd also love to see the Ysalamiri as a piece on it's own. Don't know what the suggested mini would be though.

Only suggested mini could be an elongated lump of painted green stuff unless you want to remove it from GAT. This character would need to have Speed 0 or Emplacement (they clung to trees and rarely moved by themselves). It could have a "Carried" ability (This character moves with an adjacent ally with a save of 11. If the save is below a 6, this character is defeated.) This details how difficult it is to move the character and how they can easily die if mishandled.

That's a really cool idea, would you have to roll the save every time you wanted to move, or just once?

I'd like to See a real Kal Skirata, and Vau (if the aren't in V-set1), and more of the clone trainers.
They could have an ability called Cuy'val Dar - only counts as unique for squadbuilding purposes (so bounter hunters would get no bonus, and CE that affected non uniques would work on them.)

Maybe Kal could have some sort of impulsive that raises his atttack by 1 every time a clone dies? haha, that may be overkill though
countrydude82487
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 3:10:35 PM

sentience Programming: Choose an allied droid character at the start of the Skirmish. THat droid is Subject to Commander effects,

Cloned : when this character is defeated, make a save of 1. If the save succeeds return this character to full health and place him in your starting area. (I used this for My Bevel Lemelisk)

Impulsive Force 3: Each Time a unique ally is defeated this character gains 3 force points (used on a calista custom i made)

Pilot Training: choose 1 ally at the Begining of the Skirmish, that character gains Pilot

SHien Style Mastery: whne hit be a non melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11. The attacker takes damage equal to the damage prevented, save 11.

Gunnery Expert: droid allies within 6 gain Crack gunner +10
bkchi
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 5:03:13 PM

eMouse wrote:

Thok, Gamorrean Warrior - Frenzy of some sort?

Hoar, Tusken Raider - Fringe, Affinity (-1 when in a squad with Arden Lyn)

You must be a fan of the old Teras Kasi game on the PS1.
bkchi
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 5:11:38 PM

I think often about door control. It doesn't make sense to me that a droid with override can only override a door that it can see. It makes sense that if a droid is connected to the computer that it could override any door. Some sort of unleashed override would be cool. A massive override like "No, Shut Them All Down" that opens or locks all doors on a map would be neat. I'd also like to see an anti-uggie, some sort of repair droid or something that could fix a blown door.
cymonguk
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 5:38:46 PM

I added this to a custom Anakin at SWG:

Defend the Innocent: If any character would be defeated, they can be swapped with this character immediately. The attack is then rerolled against the swapped character with +4 defense.

CerousMutor
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 7:46:28 PM

Here are some custom abilities I use in RPG's. May be they can be of use/help/whatever

Flamecaster (Replaces attacks; range 12, 20 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target, 20 damage to any character between this character and target; save 11, this ability can be used twice on this characters turn if it has not moved)

Force Pull (Force 4, replaces attacks: direct line of sight; target 1 enemy character can be moved to within 6 squares but not adjacent to this character; save of 11 target takes 20 damage and is not moved)

Silent Assassin (At the end of its turn, if this character has made no attacks and has taken no damage; this character's next attack roll counts as a natural 20.)

Deadly Shot (Replaces turn: Make one attack at +6 Attack and +20 Damage against a nonadjacent enemy

Headshot (Replaces turn: Make 1 attack at +30 damage. This character gains Accurate Shot [Can attack an enemy with cover even if it's not the nearest enemy] and Sniper [Other characters do not provide cover against this character's attack.])

Assassin (+10 Damage against Unique enemies)

Contract Assassin (After setup, choose any 1 Unique enemy. This character gets +4 Attack and +10 Damage against the chosen enemy.)

Overwhelming Attack If this Character takes no damage on its turn, its gets +6 attack and +20 Damage on all Melee Attacks next round.

Encumbered Movement This character may not move through squares occupied by allied characters.

Beast Tender (This Character cannot be targeted by characters with Savage. Replaces attacks: touch; remove 20 damage from a character with Savage.)

Animal Handler (Up to 2 Savage characters lose Savage and gain Pet [this character must have line of sight on its Handler or it is considered activated this turn])
Impulsive Feral (If this character is defeated, for the remainder of the skirmish Pet Followers gain Feral [This character must immediately move its speed and attack 1 character, enemy or ally. On this characters turn, this character must immediately move its speed and attack 1 character, enemy or ally])

Go Fetch (Replaces turn; target Pet follower can move its speed and then make all its attacks at +2 Attack against 1 enemy who has activated this round)

Limited Flight (Ignores enemy characters, low obstacles, and pits when moving; may only move 6 squares using Flight)

Weak Spot (If this character has moved on its turn it takes X Damage from characters with X)

Mounted Blaster 30 (Instead of making its normal attacks, this character can make 1 attack against an enemy in line of sight at +12 Attack and 30 Damage.)

Cybernetic Suit Counts as both a Droid and a non-Droid; living; subject to critical hits.
tonythetoyman
Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 1:26:04 AM

crazybirdman wrote:
indeed. I'd also love to see the Ysalamiri as a piece on it's own. Don't know what the suggested mini would be though.

I think this would be a game changing figure (but in a good way). Here is a custom I made a while back (not perfect, but I think it had some good ideas).

obsidian7788
Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 10:58:26 AM

ewok handler with a special ability that gives ewoks self destruct 20 or 30
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 2:04:10 PM

60-70ish point mace windu with Vaapad Mastery (this character scores a critical hit on a 18 or 19, on a roll of natural 20 the target enemy is defeated)

New Jabba with new SA Call Bounty (at the begining of the skirmish pick a enemy unique chacter, fringe followers gain +4 attack and Accurite shot vs that character)

Grevious from the clone wars cartoon.

TreebeardTheEnt
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 7:19:38 PM

Jedi Protector: replaces attacks, adjacent [allies] gain +4 defense till the beginning of next [round].

[This is to simulate the Jedi using there lightsabers to protect characters next to them, blocking blaster shots, etc.]
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 11:10:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Jedi Protector: replaces attacks, adjacent characters gain +4 defense till the beginning of next turn.

I'm not sure of the intention, but I'm pretty sure that wording doesn't do what you intend it to. It raises the defense of adjacent enemies as well as allies. Also, the next turn begins as soon as that character's turn is over so the defense bonus wouldn't actually be used. Did you mean 'beginning of next round' or 'beginning of this character's next turn' or 'till after the the end of the next turn'?
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 11:55:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I made a set list which was supposed to help savage and back water world characters. Here is a few highlights that I wish the game had:

-A C3PO that grants ewoks Protective (What ewok deity SHOULD have been)

-A chief Cherpa that grants ewoks swarm +2

-A force adept who grants savage characters force renewal 1

-Force powers that can give enemies Savage

-Rancor Keeper with:
Greater Empathy: Allies within line of site ignore the effects of savage
Savage Sympathy: When an ally with savage within line of site is defeated, this character takes 10 damage

-Anti-Air Weaponry (Characters with flight still provoke attacks of opportunity against this character)

-Savage characters with:
Consumption: When this character defeats an enemy, it regains 20 HP.

-CE's that boost savage characters specifically (much like droid ces). Example:
Non-unique Savage allies within 6 squares gain Long shot 10 and Blood thirsty
IronLung
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 12:02:01 AM

I would like a Kneecapper ability that reduces movment.

disarm force power that takes lightsaber or blaster away with some way to get it back.

More stuff with Mines

I know this isn't popular but a Sith Vader that is a 60-70 points.