RegisterDonateLogin

Holding Vader's leash.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 3 - Minis, Force Powers and abilities you would like to see Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 2:55:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

A useful rendition of the c3p0 ewok deity piece. Starting with an ewok specific CE.
CerousMutor
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 2:55:11 AM
Groups: Member

countrydude82487 wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:
Living characters with Heavy Weapons gain Shields 10.

are you sure you dont mean sheilds 1 or 2???

That'll be it.

...6 and two 3's
clixjunkie
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 7:07:26 AM

I'm not sure if this as been asked for or even if is coming in the current set, but a generic Vong warrior with Bravado would be nice. It would REALLY make sense for that faction as well.
yuuzhanvonghunter
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 7:50:17 AM

A yuuzhan vong warrior that can actually so something.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 8:53:24 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

yuuzhanvonghunter wrote:
A yuuzhan vong warrior that can actually so something.

Got that in set 1.
Batmite
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 4:02:34 PM

adamb0nd wrote:
Ohh... i'd like either:

A. New stats for huges that make them competitive enough to play.

or

B. A commander effect that makes huges competitive enough to play.

seconded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Batmite
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 4:14:09 PM

It would be great to have the AT-AT be a bit more competitive

And

A piece or ability that allows you to build a force with "Droid" as the faction. So it would allow for any and all droids to work together as a faction.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 4:54:09 AM

Some more Unique Mandos perhaps, doesnt matter to me who they are, just more Uniques.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 6:21:20 AM

Batmite wrote:

A piece or ability that allows you to build a force with "Droid" as the faction. So it would allow for any and all droids to work together as a faction.

You mean like Kazdan Paratas or Wat Tambor the newer version? :)
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 8:41:41 AM

markedman247 wrote:

Intercepting Shot: (Force 3; If an ally within 6 is hit by an non-melee attack and damage is suffered by an enemy within line of sight, this character may make an attack roll. If that roll is higher than the enemy's attack, then no damage is taken.) Mini: Laranth Tarak (because female gunslingers are hot!) from the Jedi Twilight series. I know this is a bit wordy but the fact that she needs to see the shooter to react is the main thing. I would hate to turn it into a blind point-defense system.

Seconded
rogueshadow16
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 10:34:28 AM

A new Darth Nihilus...
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 12:46:36 AM

Darth_Sal wrote:
Shape Charge: Replaces Attacks; Designate an adjacent square of wall terrain to be destroyed. For the remainder of the skirmish, that square acts as difficult terrain.

ARC Trooper Demolitionist anyone?

This would be AWESOME!!! You could be able to destroy walls to get to your opponent and catch them by surprise!ThumbsUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 1:44:39 AM

cicrush13 wrote:
Darth_Sal wrote:
Shape Charge: Replaces Attacks; Designate an adjacent square of wall terrain to be destroyed. For the remainder of the skirmish, that square acts as difficult terrain.

ARC Trooper Demolitionist anyone?

This would be AWESOME!!! You could be able to destroy walls to get to your opponent and catch them by surprise!ThumbsUp

What is a square of wall terrain?
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:49:11 AM

Red lined Wall marked floor on the map lol
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:12:10 AM

I had this idea a long time (years?) ago, and it might be impractical, but I'll at least throw it out there.

Basically, you one card as normal, lets say for a new Jedi Exile or a LS Revan. There is also a second card (for one miniature), which I will explain later

So on the Normal card are a few special abilities, force powers, and a commander effect perhaps (So let's say Unique, Melee, Double, Force Renewal 1, Knight Speed, and some commander effect). Then there is another ability written on the card, something like this:

Customizable Persona X (or a better name): At the start of the skirmish, This character may spend up to x points on Force Powers and special abilities listed on its other card. This character gains the Force Powers and Special Abilities on which the points were spent. If any points are left over, they may not be spent later in the skirmish. These Powers and Abilities must be selected before opponent's squad is revealed.*

I'm not sure how to word that or make it efficient, but it is my hunch that it might be unbalanced if the player selects the abilities they want after seeing the opponent's squad.

So, on the second card, there would be a list of abilities. Each would have a circle with how many points it would cost to "buy," sort of like the AT-AT's card (in terms of circles, not size).

For example, lets say the character has 5 points they are allowed to spend:

(Cost) (Ability)
1 Deadly Attack
1 Flurry Attack
3 Stealth
1 Mettle

2 Force Lightning 2
1 Lightsaber Assault
2 Lightsaber Defense
3 Force Defense

This is just an example, the actual abilites of course can be much different. The player can then mix and match, so they can pick Stealth (3), Deadly (1), and Lightsaber Assault (1). The two issues I can see are balance, problems with which can be avoided by being careful of the combos, and also exactly when the abilities are selected, especially if two players have people with this ability. Anyways, this is just a starting point, but I think it could go places. Some might say it's changing Wizard's mechanics too much, but it's really only a minor departure. I think the main issue would be making sur that broken combos not be put on the cards, which shouldn't be too much of a problem. Being able to customize, even a little bit, one's own mini would make the game a lot more fun if done carefully.

Baegn
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 4:30:13 AM

Insubordinate: This character is not effected by commander effects. - Starkiller

Fast Draw: This characters first attack this turn may be a Twin Attack against a character that has not yet activated this round. - Han Solo

Long Range Sensors: Enemies within 8 squares lose Stealth. Enemies within 2 squares lose Cloaked. - Artoo

FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 4:51:21 AM

CerousMutor wrote:

So only a square that is completely walled off? If that is destroyed does it then create new walls around the rest of the walled off area or does it open up into a room?
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:03:04 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:

So only a square that is completely walled off? If that is destroyed does it then create new walls around the rest of the walled off area or does it open up into a room?

I think what hes try to say is that the wall is removed from that 1 side of the square. In a sense a breach charge. So it could lead to another room. This would be a great ability for NR, Rebels, Imps and Republic.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:26:39 AM

rogueshadow16 wrote:
A new Darth Nihilus...

oh yes please! ThumpUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 10:32:11 AM

cicrush13 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:

I think what hes try to say is that the wall is removed from that 1 side of the square. In a sense a breach charge. So it could lead to another room. This would be a great ability for NR, Rebels, Imps and Republic.

Makes sense, but it would need to be worded differently I think. Walls are not terrain applied to a square but to borders between squares. Similarly, difficult terrain applies to squares, not to borders. (I think there was a map or a variant that used a border as difficult terrain, where crossing the border cost double, but that's not standard.) Easiest solution is to just say the wall is removed. Creating a new wall 'terrain' or a difficult terrain that is just a border would need an extra paragraph or so in the glossary I think.