cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 12:22:05 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:
Red lined Wall marked floor on the map lol

So only a square that is completely walled off? If that is destroyed does it then create new walls around the rest of the walled off area or does it open up into a room?

I think what hes try to say is that the wall is removed from that 1 side of the square. In a sense a breach charge. So it could lead to another room. This would be a great ability for NR, Rebels, Imps and Republic.

Makes sense, but it would need to be worded differently I think. Walls are not terrain applied to a square but to borders between squares. Similarly, difficult terrain applies to squares, not to borders. (I think there was a map or a variant that used a border as difficult terrain, where crossing the border cost double, but that's not standard.) Easiest solution is to just say the wall is removed. Creating a new wall 'terrain' or a difficult terrain that is just a border would need an extra paragraph or so in the glossary I think.

So basically include something that specifies that the squares directly infront and behind where the explosion took place (not diagonal).
rogueshadow16
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 12:39:22 AM

Starkiller from TFU2 would be nice... :)
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 3:33:04 AM

rogueshadow16 wrote:

How about one that has some kind of defensive ability or another force power besides lightning. Even though its appropriate, I think he could see some more action as a one man wrecking crew.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:36:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

CARTH ONASI, SOLDIER OF THE REPUBLIC (use Carth Onasi mini)
Old Republic
COST: 30
HP: 70
DEF: 18
ATT: +11
DAM: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique
Careful Shot
Carth's Blaster (After the first attack of each turn, this character makes another attack against the same target. This ability cannot be used if this character gains Twin Attack.)
Double Attack
Evade
Hatred (Sith) (If the opponent's squad contains at least one Sith character, then this character gains -4 attack and +10 Damage.)
Improved Override (When this character is activated, it can designate one door within 6 squares as open or closed. The door will remain in this condition until the start of this character's next turn. This ability can be used on doors affected by Override or Door Gimmick.)
Industrial Repair 20
Pilot

Carth's skills and trusty blaster got him out of many run-ins with his most hated enemies: the Sith.
rogueshadow16
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 10:48:11 AM

cicrush13 wrote:
rogueshadow16 wrote:

How about one that has some kind of defensive ability or another force power besides lightning. Even though its appropriate, I think he could see some more action as a one man wrecking crew.

I agree... Giving him Lightsaber Defense would be awesome... ThumbsUp
Oh, and let's not forget about his Force Fury... BigGrin
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 11:50:55 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Hatred (Sith) (If the opponent's squad contains at least one Sith character, then this character gains -4 attack and +10 Damage.)
ThumbsUp
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:36:13 AM

BASTILA SHAN, SITH APPRENTICE (use Bastila Shan mini)
Sith
COST: 39
HP: 110
DEF: 19
ATT: +13

Special Abilities:
Unique
Melee Attack
Triple Attack
Affinity (Revan) (May be in a squad which contains a character with Revan in it's name)

Force Powers:
Force 3
Force Renewal 1
Force Repulse 3
Battle Meditation (Bastila) (Force 2; replaces turn; until the start of this character's next turn, allies gain +4 attack and enemies gain -4 attack. If this power is in affect at the beginning of a round, this character's squad adds 4 to the initiative result. If this character takes damage at any point, the effect is immediately cancelled.)
Sith Rage

"Bastila was strong, but she was always impatient and headstrong. Malak preyed upon her weaknesses."―Jolee Bindo
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:23:21 AM

REVAN, REDEEMED (use Darth Revan mini)
Old Republic
COST: 69
HP: 140
DEF: 22
ATT: +15

Special Abilities:
Unique
Double Attack
Djem So Style
Master Tactician

Force Powers:
Force 3
Force Renewal 2
Force Whirlwind 2 (Force 3; replaces attacks; target character and each character adjacent to the target take 40 damage, save 16.)
Lightsaber Defense
Lightsaber Fury (Force 2; this character gains Twin Attack until the end of the turn.)
Master of the Force 2
Master Precision (Force 2; this character gains +20 damage on its next attack.)
Master Speed

Commander Effects:
Allies with a force rating gain Knight Speed.
Followers within 6 squares gain +4 attack.

"You will have gone from being the Sith Lord himself, to the savior of our galaxy."―Bastila Shan
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:35:48 AM

Darth_Sal wrote:
Shape Charge: Replaces Attacks; Designate an adjacent square of wall terrain to be destroyed. For the remainder of the skirmish, that square acts as difficult terrain.

Based on previous comments, how about this...

Shape Charge: Replaces turn; Designate an adjacent wall to be destroyed. The destroyed wall is considered removed for the rest of the game. Squares within one square of the destroyed wall are considered difficult terrain.

I think removing a wall is a big enough deal to warrant making it a replaces turn ability instead of replaces attacks.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:07:59 AM

Old Republic Agent (use Old Republic Recruit mini)

Old Republic
Cost: 11
HP: 20
Def: 15
Atk: 6
Dam: 10

Special Abilities:
Solider: Counts as a character named Old Republic Soldier
Evade
Pathfinder
Battlefield Promotion: If an allied Old Republic commander, within 6 squares of this character, is defeated; this character gains their commander effect for the rest of the skirmish.

Hydrowhip
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:46:56 AM

Inspired by a previous post by TheHutt

Bail Organa, Senator (use original Bail Organa mini)

Republic
Cost: 26
HP: 70
Def: 17
Atk: 8
Dam: 10

Special Abilities:
Unique
Diplomat
Alderaan Senator
Rapport (Alderaan Troopers -1)
Synchronized Fire
Alderaan Reserves 20: If you roll exactly 13 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of Alderaan characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round

Commander Effects:
Whenever one or more allies whose names contain Alderaan Trooper combine fire with another ally whose name contains Alderaan Trooper, the attacker gets +10 Damage.

Allies whose names contain Alderaan Troopers gain the special ability Squad Firepower.
qvos
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:21:20 AM

Ysalimiry: Characters cannot be affected by force powers nor affect others within 6 of this character

Gungan force field generator. : Enemies cannot target allies within range of 6 (0r 12) of this character unless they themselves are within 6(or 12) of this characters.
Just like in EP I when the battle droids had to come within range of the force field to shoot hte GungansBigGrin

Greater disruptive: Enemies and Allies within 6 of this character cannot be affected by an en enemies Commander affects...... The cost of this piece would reflect the fact that it would be a sweet piece!!!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:00:25 PM

qvos wrote:

Gungan force field generator. : Enemies cannot target allies within range of 6 (0r 12) of this character unless they themselves are within 6(or 12) of this characters.
Just like in EP I when the battle droids had to come within range of the force field to shoot hte GungansBigGrin

I like this idea a lot. It should be an emplacement. Also, the shield wasn't smart enough to stop allies' attacks, so it should be "characters cannot target" instead of "enemies cannot target".
Quote:

Greater disruptive: Enemies and Allies within 6 of this character cannot be affected by an en enemies Commander affects...... The cost of this piece would reflect the fact that it would be a sweet piece!!!

How is this different from Disruptive?
qvos
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:24:18 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
qvos wrote:

I like this idea a lot. It should be an emplacement. Also, the shield wasn't smart enough to stop allies' attacks, so it should be "characters cannot target" instead of "enemies cannot target".
Quote:

How is this different from Disruptive?

I probably worded it wrong. I always invisioned a disruptive piece which you could keep within 6 of your own characters and it would protect your team from CA's that boosted attacks(any plusses including cunning, oppurtunist, Twin Ect.).I always hated the fact that Jedi, who should be very powerful can fall to a heavily boosted Human soldier, stormy, ect.) Melee characters are at a bit of a disadvantage anyway against many teams. This piece would be costed appropriately(unlike Dodonna, Reikan). and perhaps have low hit points so that it would make an opponent go after him.
Just an idea

On the Field generator, About 6 years ago when we started playing, we would play on homemade maps( before we used the legal ones), We found that a 12x12 grid in the center of the board where u could not shoot in or out was great for the disadvantaged melee squads/(even when it was just Rebel storm, I hated Luke and Obiwan getting blasted so easily.Flapper ) Hence the idea for the Gungan Shield generator carrier.( It has a name in the books but i can't remember it.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 5:04:09 AM

I would like to see some other pieces with relay orders.
Like maybe a unique with relay orders, or some of those ship goggled administrators from the neimoidian ship in the phantom menace... you could give them override too.
TreebeardTheEnt
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 9:10:01 AM

I would like to see Royal Guard made into a sub-faction like the Senate Guard were.
rogueshadow16
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 2:29:15 PM

How 'bout Chop'aa Notimo on Basilisk War Droid? BigGrin
LBPB
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:08:13 AM

Some Characters we need :

Republic
Adi Gallia VR
Boss Nass R
Coleman_Trebor VR
Eeth Koth VR
Oppo Rancisis VR
Queen Amidala's Decoy R
Queen's Handmaidens UC

Separatists
Beolars Bribbs R
Darth Sidious Hologram VR
Passel Argente R
Shu Mai R
Tikkes R

Rebel
Mon Mothma R

New Republic
Winter R

Fringe
Thyferran Monk UC
rogueshadow16
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:34:32 AM

LBPB wrote:

Fringe
Joruus C'Baoth VR
Thyferran Monk UC

We already have Joruus on DotF... :)
Kamikaze13
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:07:19 AM

rogueshadow16 wrote:
LBPB wrote:

Fringe
Joruus C'Baoth VR
Thyferran Monk UC

We already have Joruus on DotF... :)

We also have Darth Sidious Hologram, just not in the Separatist faction.