RegisterDonateLogin

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Bloo Milk...is essential to a Jedi's life.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 3 - Minis, Force Powers and abilities you would like to see Options
Mandelmauler
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 3:28:52 AM
Groups: Member

Darth_Sal wrote:
~ Clone Wars era Mando uniques

Mando Diplomat. Please, NO. ThumbDown
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:14:22 AM

Mandelmauler wrote:
Darth_Sal wrote:

LOL I would agree with that. However, there are a lot of other Unique Mandos from that time frame as well. Plenty of things for the V Set team to work with.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:10:49 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Grappling Hook: Instead of moving normally, this character may move up to twelve spaces in a straight line (either orthogonally or diagonally). During this movement the character does not provoke attacks of opportunity, is not slowed by low objects or difficult terrain, and may move over pits.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 6:06:29 AM

More Pirates.
More Mercenaries.

I love gambling abilities like the new V-set han. I'd like to see more abilities that come with a risk.

Or even something like this:

Over exert: This character can move 4 extra squares on its turn as part of its move. At the end of its turn, it takes 10 damage.

The same could be applied to other special abilities... i love the idea of trading health for bonuses. It shows the ability to push yourself past the limits, or to be purely reckless in exchange for results.

I'd love to see more use from saber styles, and some masteries are long past due (here's looking at you Mr. Windu).
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 3:08:19 PM

Kam Solusar (my fav Jedi) with Jedi Reflexes

a new Quinlan Vos w/Ataru Mastery

a force power that cancels force abilities

Kenth Hamner with some sort of diplomat, but also a beefy attacker (Jedi Diplomat: Not a legal target outside of 6 squares if another character within LoS)

A Page Commando

Wes Janson, Tycho Celchu, Hobbie

Arca Jeth

Ulic Qel Droma as a frikin Jedi

Vima Sunrider

Gavar Khai

Vestara Khai

New Carth PLEASE!!

thats my laundry list.
*Starkiller*
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 3:37:26 PM

how about a storm commando commander/leader. BigGrin
Darth_Sal
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 12:16:22 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Mandelmauler wrote:
Darth_Sal wrote:

LOL I would agree with that. However, there are a lot of other Unique Mandos from that time frame as well. Plenty of things for the V Set team to work with.

haha yeah. no diplomats. no CW cartoon. talking Kal Skirata, Walon Vau, Dred Priest and the rest of the crew from Traviss's novels.
space lobster
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 12:28:13 AM

a SA for chewie, or any other one handy with droids.

reprogram-allows droids to receive CE

specifics need work
TheStarkiller
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 12:54:32 AM

Don't want to be a nay-sayer. I just wonder how we choose characters and abilities we want to see if we haven't seen who or what is in the first one.
jedispyder
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 1:23:54 AM

TheStarkiller wrote:
Don't want to be a nay-sayer. I just wonder how we choose characters and abilities we want to see if we haven't seen who or what is in the first one.

We know some of what is mentioned will be in the first V-Set, but that's fine because it just cements we are coming out with pieces people want. Basically we're trying to start working on V-Set 2 already so if we collect ideas like we're doing now it definitely helps out. Make sense?
TheStarkiller
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:29:24 AM

It makes sense, but it just seems that this is the time that people will be focusing on what they want in the immediate future, and when the 2nd set debuts a year from now, our input will be reviled again, saying that if we wanted something, we should have stated it a year ago, when we had no information on the subject.

Anywhoo, here is the want that I have for the OR

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7293

Figure and abilities.
crazybirdman
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:33:05 AM

Not a game changer but still fun, I'd like to see younglings or padawans with traits for their race/species. Like a toydarian youngling with flight added, or an ewok padawan with swarm, or a gammorean youngling with mighty swing, or a trandoshan padawan with regeneration etc
jedispyder
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 7:08:52 AM

TheStarkiller wrote:
It makes sense, but it just seems that this is the time that people will be focusing on what they want in the immediate future, and when the 2nd set debuts a year from now, our input will be reviled again, saying that if we wanted something, we should have stated it a year ago, when we had no information on the subject.

Figure and abilities.

Well, the next V-Set will come out much sooner than a year from now. We also won't say, "You guys wanted that? You should have spoken up." If anything, we'll say: "Sorry we couldn't get to everything you asked for, but keep putting it on the list and eventually it might get made."
CerousMutor
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:27:45 AM

Jorus C'baoth. (C'baoth was the personal adviser of an ambitious Senator from Naboo—Palpatine) with a Fall to the Darkside Ability

Joruus C'baoth. With an Apprentice ability, boost one force user/commander effect
Empire
Affinity may be in a squad with characters with Skywalker in their name.

Darth Bane. Reflecting his cunning and stealthy side, with quick bursts of force powers.

Darth Zannah.

Vergere. Fringe Apprentice ability, boost one force user/commander effect

Jaden Korr Exceptional Jedi Apprentice. Similar to kyle BM but cheaper.

Malakilli. With something that makes the Rancor 'Fun' if not more playable.

BANE MALAR.

Exar Kun, Jedi.

Odan-Urr, Jedi Keeper of Antiquities. Love this title, its straight off wookipidea.
Another OR Force booster.

Something like this for...
Saes Rrogon
Sith
Hit Points 140
Defence 21
Attack +12
Damage 20
Unique
Special Abilities; Melee ;Twin Attack
Lignan Ore (Sith characters within 6 squares with a Force rating gain 1 extra Force point and may spend Force Points 1 extra time on thier turn; Non Sith characters within 6 squares with a Force Rating must roll a save of 11 to be able to spend Force points on their turn.)*
Rapport (Massassi sith mutant cost 1 less when in a squad with this character)

Force Powers 2, Renewal 2
Lightsaber Assault (Force 1, replaces attacks: Make 2 attacks)
Force Lightning 1 [/b](Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage to 1 target and 2 characters adjacent to that target)
Sith Hatred 2 (Force 2, 20 Damage to all enemies characters within 3 squares)
Master of the Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn)

Commander Effect
Massassi sith mutant Followers lose Savage and gain Massassi lanvarok (Replaces attacks: sight; Triple Attack; +9 Attack for 10 Damage)

* this special ability affects allied and enemy characters.

Marka Ragnos. Spirit or Dark Lord. Massive twin Sith Booster, concidering what he does to/for Ulic and Kun.

Hoggon With a super Force user killing action!Tongue

Grand Moff Trachta ability to turn opponents imp characters on own squad.
Cordova
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:52:44 AM

As I said before, some NR non-unique Jedi, I mean Luke had pimped it...

And some more NR Jedi Council members, perhaps:

Kam Solusar

RCM: Ani, Jedi? (Pretty hard to choose one...)

Cost: 34
HP: 110
Def: 21
Atk: 12
Dam: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique,
Melee Attack,
Double Attack,
Parry,
Affinity: Characters named Youngling may be in a squad with this character, regardless of faction. (He and Tionne protected the younglings in the YVW and Galactic War 2)
Jedi Bodyguard: If an adjacent ally with a Force rating would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead. (See above)
Avoid Defeat (He took 3 sniper shots to the chest and still lived...)

Force Powers:
Force 1, Force Renewal 1.
Lightsaber Deflect.
Lightsaber Precision.
Force Leap.

Text: "I was apprenticed to the great Jedi Master, Ranik Solusar—my father. Now I have begun my service under Luke Skywalker."

(He was Battlemaster prior to Kyle, hence the defensive abilities.)

Master Kyp Durron (Because.)

RCM: Kyp Durron/Jedi Sith Hunter

Cost: 65
HP: 120
Def: 21
Atk: 13

Special Abilities
Unique,
Melee Attack,
Double Attack,
Twin Attack.

Force Powers
Force 2, Force Renewal 1

Force Lightning 2
Force Push 2
Lightsaber Assault.

Commander Effect
Followers with a Force Rating with 6 squares gain +10 damage against adjacent enemies.

(His attackingness is meant to represent his more aggressive nature, while his CE is to represent that those that followed him were willing to be more attacking during pretty much any conflict he came across...)

Saba Sebatyne

RCM: Something Trandoshan perhaps...

Cost: 41
Def: 20
Atk: 13
Dam: 30

Special Abilities
Unique,
Melee Attack,
Double Attack,
Charging Assault +10,
Regeneration 10
Lightsaber Duelist

Force Powers
Force 2, Force Renewal 1
Force Sense
Lightsaber Defence
Force Leap

EDIT::

This is a piece that I've been using with friends recently...we were trying to recreate that Jedi Academy vibe, with all the different ways you can upgrade your character. With the EJA essentially Jaden Korr, we thought it'd be nice to have a piece that worked as another cheap Jedi. (We used Cade, EJA, Anakin Solo, and Jaina to help cost this one.)

Jedi Apprentice

RCM: A Jedi...

Cost: 23
HP: 70
Def: 18
Atk: 8

Special Abilities
Melee Attack,
Double Attack

Force Powers
Force 1, Force Renewal 1
Lightsaber Defence
Force Push 1
Force Leap
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:58:21 AM

I'd like to see a 1 or 2 point door control panel of some sort. An alternative to uggies as a low-cost door control option. We hashed out a version on the SWMGamers board when requests for the first Vset were solicited. Here's another version that is a bit simpler.

Door Control Panel (Fringe, Common)
Cost: 1, Def: 12, HP: 10, Atk: -, Dmg: -

SA:
Emplacement
Very Small: Does not block movement or provide cover. Enemies may choose to not count this character as the nearest enemy.
Wall Panel: Not subject to Commander Effects and is always considered activated. Any character may end its movement on this character to immediately defeat this character. Does not count as adjacent.
Door Controls: Character must be placed within one square of a door at the start of the skirmish, and no more than one character with the same name as this character may be within one square of the same door. Allies within one square gain Override.

(Glossary text: If this character is not able to be placed adjacent to a door at the beginning of the skirmish, then it is immediately defeated and your opponent scores the victory points. )

Needs some tweaking on the wording still so that it doesn't count as adjacent for the purposes of opening doors or forcing enemies to attack it before attacking non-adjacents, but so that it still counts as adjacent for the purpose of melee attacks.
sharron
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:59:15 AM

NR CHEWIE WITH SWAP!
kothandki
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 12:21:45 PM

I'd love to see more people with the lightsaber styles, especially Soresu (make Obi-Wan not so overpowering).
LoboStele
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 11:47:10 PM

TheStarkiller wrote:

Figure and abilities.

Umm...If there are things you want to see, then just say what you want to see. It makes absolutely no difference what's in the first set. If you suggest things that ARE in the first set, then you'll be pleasantly surprised. Trust me, there's quite a few things in this thread already that are being done in the first set. ;)

And no input has ever been "reviled". But it does make sense that if people wanted to see something, then they should speak up when the Design Team asks for the input. You DO have information on the subject right now. You know that there is not a Master Thon currently in existence in the game. Maybe he's going to be in Destiny of the Force, maybe not. But either way, if he's something that you want, then mention him here. Whether or not you know what is in the first set has absolutely no bearing on the fact that this is a character you're interested in and want to see.

Heck, I've seen people asking for things in this thread that I'm quite sure have been spoiled already for DOTF. :P
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 12:34:30 AM

QUEEN'S HANDMAIDEN (mini: ?)
Republic
COST: 17
DEF: 17
ATT: +9
DAM: 10

Special Abilities:
Mobile Attack
Rapport (this character costs 1 less in squads with a character who has Queen in their name)
Queen's Decoy (once per skirmish, this character can switch positions with the Queen if she is within 6 squares. Exchange any damage on each character. If the Queen would have been defeated, this character is defeated instead.)

The Naboo Queen's handmaidens were ready to give their lives at every second to protect their mistress. Under disguise and acting as decoys, they faced situations of extreme danger in place of the Queen.

YODA, BATTLE COMMANDER (use GM Yoda mini)
Republic
COST: 68
HP: 140
DEF: 21
ATT: +14
DAM: 20
Base: Small

Special Abilities:
Melee Attack
Speed 2
Twin Attack
Unique

Force Powers:
Force 3
Force Renewal 2
Force Defense
Force Leap
Force Sensitive (Force 1: When this character would be hit by an attack, it can be avoided with a save of 11.)
Lightsaber Assault
Master of the Force 2
Master Speed

Commander Effects:
Followers gain an additional +2 attack & +2 defense. (this stacks with other commander effects)

Much to learn about the Force you do.

JAR JAR BINKS, BOMBAD GENERAL (use Jar Jar mini)
Republic
COST: 25
DEF: 17
ATT: +6

Special Abilities:
Unique
Melee Attack
Atlatl 20
Bombad Gungan
Draw Fire
Gungan

Commander Effects:
Gungan allies gain Evade.
Gungans, including this character, with the Atlatl special ability now have range 12.

"I makea yousa...Bombad General." -Boss Nass

CAPTAIN TARPALS ON KAADU (use Gungan on Kaadu mini)
Republic
COST: 28
DEF: 19
ATT: +7

Special Abilities:
Unique
Melee Attack
Gungan
Galloping Attack
Momentum

Commander Effects:
Allied characters whose name contains "on Kaadu" gain Momentum.

We in big doodoo now.

DARTH TYRANUS, SITH TRAINER (use any Dooku or Tyranus mini)
Separatist
COST: 60
DEF: 20
ATT: +15

Special Abilities:
Double Attack
Lightsaber Duelist
Makashi Style Mastery
Melee Attack
Unique (counts as Count Dooku)

Force Powers:
Force 3
Force Renewal 1
Force Levitate (Force 1: this character gains the Flight special ability; useable only on this character's turn)
Force Stun
Lightsaber Riposte
Sith Lightning 30

Commander Effects:
Followers with a force rating gain +4 attack and Limited Parry 1 (When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11. This ability can only be used once per turn)

Hahahaha. You are not Sith.

SITH SCOUT DROID (use ASN mini)
Sith
COST: 6
HP: 10
DEF: 18
ATT: --
DAM: --

Special Abilities:
Affinity (May be in Separatist squads)
Droid
Flight
Recon
Stealth

Although outlawed, these droids were used by Darth Maul to track down Queen Amidala on Tatooine.

JEDI SPIRIT CAPSULE (use Bacta Tank mini)
Sith
COST: 25
HP: 50
DEF: 12
ATT: --
DAM: --

Special Abilities:
Emplacement
Release Spirit (Adjacent allied characters with a force rating can replace their turn to regain all Hit Points and gain 3 Force Points; cannot be used to gain more Hit Points than starting stats. Once used, this character is defeated.)

Darth Malak imprisoned the spirits of Jedi to enhance his life force making him nearly immortal.

YUUZHAN VONG MASTER SHAPER (use Shaper mini)
Yuuzhan Vong
COST: 38
HP: 30
DEF: 13
ATT: +1

Special Abilities:
Force Immunity
Melee Attack
Full Oozhith (cannot be targeted by non-adjacent enemies)
Vong Reinforcements 20 (During setup, after seeing your opponent's squad, you can add up to 20 points of Vong or Fringe characters to your squad. Living characters added are considered Yuuzhan Vong for the rest of the skirmish.)
Vong Reserves 20 (If you roll exactly 6 or 16 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of Vong or Fringe characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round. Living characters added are considered Yuuzhan Vong for the rest of the skirmish.)

The Shaper caste was the caste responsible for creating all things used by the Yuuzhan Vong.

YUUZHAN VONG SHAPER ADEPT (use Warrior mini)
Yuuzhan Vong
COST: 16
DEF: 14
ATT: +4

Special Abilities:
Force Immunity
Melee Attack
Shaper Hand (+10 damage to living enemy, save 11. An enemy that would be defeated by an attack from this character is instead converted to the Yuuzhan Vong faction and becomes part of this character’s squad; the converted character has 10 hps)
Vaa-tumor (when activated, this character takes 10 damage, save 11. If the save is failed: +2 Attack; this is a cumulative bonus)

When Shaper Initiate's entered the rank of Adept, they were required to make their sacrifices to the gods.

YUUZHAN VONG SLAYER (use old Warrior mini)
Yuuzhan Vong
COST: 31
HP: 90
DEF: 19
ATT: +12

Special Abilities:
Melee Attack
Mobile Attack
Twin Attack
Agility (This character can move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity.)
Force Immunity
Slayer Armor (When this character takes damage, reduce damage by 10 with a save of 11. At the end of this character’s turn, if it has not moved, remove 10 damage.)

Slayers were a deadly Yuuzhan Vong elite, created to fight the Jedi Knights.

EWOKS IN AT-ST
Rebel
COST: 34
HP: 100
DEF: 14
DAM: 40
Base: Huge

Special Abilities:
Damage Reduction 10
Double Attack
Mobile Attack
Mounted Weapon
Rigid
Unfamiliar Controls (when moving: save 11 or cannot move; when attacking: save 11 or make one attack on nearest character)

Brave Ewoks captured an Imperial AT-ST during the attack on Endor. Unfamiliar with the controls, they were as much a danger to their own side as the enemy.

XIRO THE HUTT (use Jabba CL mini)
Fringe
COST: 30
DEF: 16
Base: Large

Special Abilities:
Unique
Melee Attack
Speed 4
Plan Backfire (When rolling initiative, subtract 2 from the result; if the result would be less than 1, the initiative result is 1.)
Xiro's Reserves (On an initiative result of 1, up to 20 points of Fringe or Separatist Droid characters may be added to this squad. Characters are placed adjacent to this character before the first activation of the round.)

Commander Effects:
Droids are subject to this effect: After initiative is determined, one follower may make an attack, or use a replaces attacks ability, before any character activates.

GIZKA (mini: ?)
Fringe
COST: 10
HP: 10
DEF: 11
ATT: +0
DAM: 0

Special Abilities:
Absorb Minerals
Speed 4
Exponential Growth (At the end of this character’s turn, if it has not moved, place another Gizka adjacent to this one. Newly created Gizkas do not count towards victory points.)

Better take care of them quickly...

CASSUS FETT (use Boba Fett MC mini)
Mandalorian
COST: 53
HP: 110
DEF: 21
ATT: +14
DAM: 30

Special Abilities:
Unique
Accurate Shot
Bounty Hunter +4
Double Attack
Greater Mobile Attack
Jolt

The stuff legends are made from...

MANDALORIAN DEATH WATCHMEN (use Mando Raider mini)
Mandalorian
COST: 21
DEF: 18
ATT: +11

Special Abilities:
Mobile Attack
Mandalorian Crushgaunts (attacks against adjacent enemies gain +10 damage and Penetration 10)

Death Watchmen were also known to wear forbidden crushgaunts.