RegisterDonateLogin

Has altered the deal. Pray it does not alter it further.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 3 - Minis, Force Powers and abilities you would like to see Options
Darth_Sal
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:35:54 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
Darth_Sal wrote:
Shape Charge: Replaces Attacks; Designate an adjacent square of wall terrain to be destroyed. For the remainder of the skirmish, that square acts as difficult terrain.

Based on previous comments, how about this...

Shape Charge: Replaces turn; Designate an adjacent wall to be destroyed. The destroyed wall is considered removed for the rest of the game. Squares within one square of the destroyed wall are considered difficult terrain.

I think removing a wall is a big enough deal to warrant making it a replaces turn ability instead of replaces attacks.

I completely missed this entire conversation... browsing through the comments, I can see the need for rewording. What I was thinking was that you pick a square marked by a wall on at least one side (or one that counts as wall, like black or stone squares that are inside wall lines - you could actually blast a tunnel)... only that square would be affected... I think what FA says above would be a good possibility... i'm happy to see you guys liked the idea
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:43:13 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Darth_Sal wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Darth_Sal wrote:
Shape Charge: Replaces Attacks; Designate an adjacent square of wall terrain to be destroyed. For the remainder of the skirmish, that square acts as difficult terrain.

Shape Charge: Replaces turn; Designate an adjacent wall to be destroyed. The destroyed wall is considered removed for the rest of the game. Squares within one square of the destroyed wall are considered difficult terrain.

I think removing a wall is a big enough deal to warrant making it a replaces turn ability instead of replaces attacks.

I completely missed this entire conversation... browsing through the comments, I can see the need for rewording. What I was thinking was that you pick a square marked by a wall on at least one side (or one that counts as wall, like black or stone squares that are inside wall lines - you could actually blast a tunnel)... only that square would be affected... I think what FA says above would be a good possibility... i'm happy to see you guys liked the idea

After further thought, considering that right now there's only 1 way for a (non-spirit) to go through a wall, I think removing a wall is an even bigger deal than a "replaces turn" ability. I'd go even further and require a team of figures to do it...

Shape Charge: Replaces turn; If an adjacent ally has Shape Charge, designate an adjacent wall to be destroyed. The destroyed wall is considered removed for the rest of the game. Squares within one square of the destroyed wall are considered difficult terrain.

Possibly even 2 adjacent allies. I like that it's a game changer, but I'm not sure how much of a game changer it would be.
rogueshadow16
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:23:34 PM

Kamikaze13 wrote:
rogueshadow16 wrote:
LBPB wrote:

Fringe
Joruus C'Baoth VR
Thyferran Monk UC

We already have Joruus on DotF... :)

We also have Darth Sidious Hologram, just not in the Separatist faction.

Yeah, that too... Haha...
LBPB
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:20:41 PM

rogueshadow16 wrote:
Kamikaze13 wrote:
rogueshadow16 wrote:
LBPB wrote:

Fringe
Joruus C'Baoth VR
Thyferran Monk UC

We already have Joruus on DotF... :)

We also have Darth Sidious Hologram, just not in the Separatist faction.

Yeah, that too... Haha...

Well the Hologram is not in the good faction Flapper
And his SA could be revamped to better fit the Seps ThumpUp
TreebeardTheEnt
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:52:08 AM

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
A new Ackbar perhaps with Tactician (You automatically choose who goes first on a roll of 18, 19, or 20.)

Since the ability name Tactician was used in DotF and functions differently than Master Tactician here is a revision:

Card Text
Strategic Advantage X (You automatically choose who goes first on a roll of X or higher.)

Glossary Text
Roll for initiative as normal, except you automatically choose who goes first when you roll equal to or higher than X. Tied initiative checks are still rerolled. If more than one player automatically choose who goes first, the player with the highest initiative roll among them chooses who goes first.

Example 1
Two opposing squads, one has Master Tactician and the other has Strategic Advantage 16. Both players roll initiative. The player with Master Tactician rolls a 5 and the player with Strategic Advantage rolls a 17. Since both abilities, in this instance, create a situation where more than one player automatically choose who goes first you default to the die roll. Thus the player with Strategic Advantage has the choice.

Example 2
This time the player with Master Tactician rolls a 8 and the player with Strategic Advantage rolls a 10. Since Strategic Advantage is not triggered the player with Master Tactician choose who goes first.
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:36:48 AM

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
A new Ackbar perhaps with Tactician (You automatically choose who goes first on a roll of 18, 19, or 20.)

Since the ability name Tactician was used in DotF and functions differently than Master Tactician here is a revision:

Card Text
Strategic Advantage X (You automatically choose who goes first on a roll of X or higher.)

Glossary Text
Roll for initiative as normal, except you automatically choose who goes first when you roll equal to or higher than X. Tied initiative checks are still rerolled. If more than one player automatically choose who goes first, the player with the highest initiative roll among them chooses who goes first.

Example 1
Two opposing squads, one has Master Tactician and the other has Strategic Advantage 16. Both players roll initiative. The player with Master Tactician rolls a 5 and the player with Strategic Advantage rolls a 17. Since both abilities, in this instance, create a situation where more than one player automatically choose who goes first you default to the die roll. Thus the player with Strategic Advantage has the choice.

Example 2
This time the player with Master Tactician rolls a 8 and the player with Strategic Advantage rolls a 10. Since Strategic Advantage is not triggered the player with Master Tactician choose who goes first.

This honestly doesn't give us anything in the game than what we already have though, and overall, Tactician works better and has less confusion. Master Tactician always overrules the other versions of Tactician, so there's no confusion there. Giving out Tactician +4 more or less does the same thing in most instances as getting a roll of 17 or higher.

So I guess I don't understand the suggestion here. Is there something particular that this idea would grant, other than just different wording for the same effect?
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:51:50 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Darth_Sal wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Darth_Sal wrote:

After further thought, considering that right now there's only 1 way for a (non-spirit) to go through a wall, I think removing a wall is an even bigger deal than a "replaces turn" ability. I'd go even further and require a team of figures to do it...

Shape Charge: Replaces turn; If an adjacent ally has Shape Charge, designate an adjacent wall to be destroyed. The destroyed wall is considered removed for the rest of the game. Squares within one square of the destroyed wall are considered difficult terrain.

Possibly even 2 adjacent allies. I like that it's a game changer, but I'm not sure how much of a game changer it would be.

If this type of ability is used to replace turn and use on some kind of infultrator unit (max of 40 HP) then replacing turn is probably enough. In order for this figure to get to a place where he could actually use this effect and make it effective, it will take a few moves unless he's swapped in. I really can't think of a map that has a wall right from the starting area that can be destroyed besides the rancor pit and endor bunker. Ok also Chancellor's Starship could be used. All this would do is move the game along in a more creative way since moving figures through the difficult terrain actually slows them down and may affect the placement of them.

I don't think that this is an ability that will need multiple minis to accomplish the task unless you're making influtrator type figures for each faction that include some uniques (Kell Tainer anyone?). I like the idea behind this ability and think this could be a nice change of pace from override and satchel charge and door gimick. There would be no way of stopping or plugging the hole created.
TreebeardTheEnt
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:35:37 AM

LoboStele wrote:
This honestly doesn't give us anything in the game than what we already have though, and overall, Tactician works better and has less confusion. Master Tactician always overrules the other versions of Tactician, so there's no confusion there. Giving out Tactician +4 more or less does the same thing in most instances as getting a roll of 17 or higher.

So I guess I don't understand the suggestion here. Is there something particular that this idea would grant, other than just different wording for the same effect?

I was just thinking that Master Tactician should not always overrule. There are many instances in the star wars lore where a master tactician was outmaneuvered. The rolling of a one feels more like a failure of the master tactician than a triumph of the opposing side so I was trying to create a situation where the master tactician had the advantage, but one that could be curbed based on the skill of the opponent. Looking at it like critical hits I came up with the idea that if you roll high enough you could beat a master tactician at there own game. Thus the wording is similar and neutralises Master Tactician if you roll high enough bringing initiative back to the basic die roll. Adding a bonus to initiative helps you facing an opponent without Master Tactician, but does absolutely nothing if they have it. My suggestion leaves Master Tactician as king, but gives you a soft counter that also works when the opponent does not have a Master Tactician. It is a slight nuance, but I believe a significant one.

Using my first example but exchanging Strategic Advantage 16 for Tactician +4 you get the opposite outcome.

[edit] To remove the complexity perhaps the wording shouls be like this:
Strategic Advantage [#] (On an initiative roll of [#] or higher this character gains Master Tactition for the rest of the round.)

LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:34:09 PM

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
I was just thinking that Master Tactician should not always overrule. There are many instances in the star wars lore where a master tactician was outmaneuvered. The rolling of a one feels more like a failure of the master tactician than a triumph of the opposing side so I was trying to create a situation where the master tactician had the advantage, but one that could be curbed based on the skill of the opponent. Looking at it like critical hits I came up with the idea that if you roll high enough you could beat a master tactician at there own game. Thus the wording is similar and neutralises Master Tactician if you roll high enough bringing initiative back to the basic die roll. Adding a bonus to initiative helps you facing an opponent without Master Tactician, but does absolutely nothing if they have it. My suggestion leaves Master Tactician as king, but gives you a soft counter that also works when the opponent does not have a Master Tactician. It is a slight nuance, but I believe a significant one.

Using my first example but exchanging Strategic Advantage 16 for Tactician +4 you get the opposite outcome.

[edit] To remove the complexity perhaps the wording shouls be like this:
Strategic Advantage [#] (On an initiative roll of [#] or higher this character gains Master Tactition for the rest of the round.)

Ahh, I see the point now. I think with things like opposing MT, NTMTO, and Tactics Broker in the game though, there are plenty of counters out there for MT. IMO, MT should be uber powerful, and the things in existence already are more than enough to abstractly address all the possibilities. But it's certainly something to keep in mind if MT ends up becoming too powerful again (though I don't expect that to happen).
rogueshadow16
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 12:26:51 AM

I would like to see some piece that would make OR soldiers competitive... :)
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 4:40:36 AM

rogueshadow16 wrote:

Another use for a new Carth potentially...

I'd like a Marka Ragnos. RM: Darth Krayt

I've probably said both of these before but can't remember where...
rogueshadow16
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 10:24:21 AM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
rogueshadow16 wrote:

Another use for a new Carth potentially...

I'd like a Marka Ragnos. RM: Darth Krayt

I've probably said both of these before but can't remember where...

A new Carth would be nice... I hate the old one, he's a bit overcosted...

Yes, Marka Ragnos... Either a force spirit or the real thing... ThumpUp

Mandelmauler
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 12:28:52 PM

Boost for droids in Sith (affinity for Sep-BDO?)
Pokasus
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 9:08:13 PM

I would like to see something like :

- Bastila Shan, Sith Apprentice
- Celeste Morne
- Sebulba
- Calo Nord, Bounty Hunter

Darth Traya
Faction: Fringe
Rarity: Very Rare
Size: Medium
Cost: 53

Hit Points: 140
Defense: 21
Attack: +11
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique (Counts as Kreia)
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Betrayal (On an attack roll of natural 1 against this character, the attacking enemy joins this character's squad until the end of the skirmish)
Affinity (One Old Republic character may be in your squad regardless of faction)
Affinity (Characters there name contains Sith Assassin may be in your squad regardless of faction)
Rapport (Sith Assassin followers cost 2 less when in the same squad as this character)

Force Powers:
Force: 3
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets Force 1 each time he activates)
Master of the Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn)
Jedi Mind Trick (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 2; target living enemy is considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 11)
Force Push 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage; push back target 2 squares if Huge or smaller)
Lightsaber Throw - Force 2, replaces attacks: Choose 1 target enemy within range 6. Make 2 attacks against that target.

Disguised Assassin
Cost:23
Faction: Fringe

HP: 50
Defense: 16
Attack: +7
Damage: 10

Special Abilities:
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Bounty Hunter +4 (This character gets +4 Attack against Unique enemies)
Fake Diplomat (until he attacks, this character has Diplomat [This character is not a legal target, and does not count as the nearest enemy, if an enemy without Diplomat is in line of sight. These restrictions apply even to adjacent attackers.])
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)

Force Powers:
Force 2
Jedi Mind Trick (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 2; target living enemy is considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 11)

Republic Rocket-Jumper
Faction: Old Republic
Rarity: C
Size: Medium
Cost: 22

Hit Points: 30
Defense: 17
Attack: 9
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:
Flight (Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving)
Speed 8 (Can move up to 8 squares and attack, or 16 squares without attacking)
Strafe Attack (As this character moves, it can attack each enemy whose space it enters; this turn, this character cannot attack any enemy twice and cannot move directly back into a space it has just left)
Lily_Wan
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 4:13:42 AM

Special Ability: Trip (One adjacent enemy is considered activated and cannot make attacks of opportunity this round, save 11 negates)

I imagine this on an Ewok character. It would not replace attack.
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:08:36 AM

Special Ability:
Formational Logistics: Enemy characters using Strafe Attack or Galloping Attack are limited to attacking X characters per round on their Strafe Attack or Galloping Attack, where X equals 1/2 of the attacking character's Speed.

It does say "round" and not "turn" on purpose.

loup168
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 2:24:57 PM

I would like to have more playability for useless mini.

Ewok shaman:
As long as you have an ewok deity in play allied ewok gain cloaked or else... RollEyes

This way, a totally useless mini (AKA c3po, ewor deity) will have a use in play without a complete redone of the stats like we have seen for Bastilla.
The same can be done for, lets say, Carth Onasi:

Captain Karath:
Affinity: Carth Onasio cost 15 less when in the same squad as this character.

I would like to see this kind of help for our old characters instead of complete new stats. There are lots of way we can be creative!
Anyone think this too?ThumbsUp
markedman247
Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:37:43 AM

A useful Moff Veed revamp with Affinity to bring non-unique Imps into the Sith and vice versa.
Batmite
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 11:49:04 AM

From the Expanded Universe:

Squibs!
http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/squib/index.html

Moegid, a Verpine smuggler and slicer from a Zahn book. We need more Verpine and slicers! This guy is both!
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Moegid

Valance the Hunter

And a figure concept that I would like to see in the game - a Leader who can make a legal army out of ANY and ALL droid characters, making droids a faction onto themselves (Kazdan doesn't count - you can't build a droid army around him). The perfect EU character to really make this happen:

Captain Kligson

I discovered the story on YouTube and thought an update was in order:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0odgqPU83K0

He is a reclusive droid master whose injuries in the Clone Wars left him a cyborg and ruler of Droid World. All he needs is some ability that lets him field ANY/ALL droids in his force (and only DROIDS). Gravy would be some commander effects that help droids, unique and
non-unique. Perhaps to bodyguard one another or some sort of hive mind that lets them
activate 1,2 or 3 characters per round if a droid has LOS to an enemy. Hell I am sure the
designers of this game can come up with something even better that this but the game needs a droid faction!

Darca Nyl
In his cool spacefaring suit and mask, but with his green lightsaber activated.

From the Movies:

Uniques
Fringe - Chief Chirpa, Paploo, and an Ewok Catapult
shadowlost
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 1:11:36 PM

A power we gave Darth Nihilus.
Spoken Word: same as disintegration.

Another ability we tossed around.
Sith Apprentice: if this character is 6 squares or fewer from another Sith Character of higher point cost. It gains +4 attack and +10 damage.