RegisterDonateLogin

And you thought it smelled bad on the outside.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 3 - Minis, Force Powers and abilities you would like to see Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 4:30:29 PM
Groups: Member

I would love to see an ability like:
Hacking (replaces attacks: target enemy mouse Droid joins your team, save 16)

Or
(replaces turn, non-unique enemies with relay orders Within 12 squares are defeated)

Alternatively just hand out pulse cannon/grip to more people and I'm fine with that. Mouse Droids should not be used as walls/cover. It doesn't make sense. Actually kits because if mouse swarms that I accept the existence of the lancer.
Mandelmauler
Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2011 11:05:39 AM

SA: Accurate shot-Size: This character may ignore characters with smaller base size for targeting purposes.

SA: Characters with smaller base size do not provide cover to attacks from this character.
Darth_Sal
Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2011 11:20:58 AM

Targeting Computer: Low Objects do not provide cover against this character's attacks.

Sniper already ignores characters. Just give that to some characters or as a CE.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2011 11:09:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Darth_Sal wrote:
Targeting Computer: Low Objects do not provide cover against this character's attacks.

Sniper already ignores characters. Just give that to some characters or as a CE.

Along those lines, here's something that came up in another thread... doing something about Mouse Droid walls.

CE or SA:

Allies may choose to not count small enemies as the nearest character. Small enemies do not block movement or provide cover.

(or only droids)
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2011 11:16:47 AM

Are walls of mouse droids really that problematic? They're 10 HP, if they're out in the open they won't last long. Grenades, Missiles, Sweep, Lightning, anyone with a decent attack bonus, they might slow you down but surely not for long.
jedispyder
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2011 12:24:40 PM

It's the 20 DEF that's the problem. In cover, it's incredibly difficult for someone like Dash or Rex to easily kill them off and if they kill one off they have to kill another one off which ends their turn. At that point whoever was behind the wall can now activate easily or the unactivated Mice can just move in closer to fill the hole. Plus, that means you just wasted one of your "heavy" hitters on trying to kill a 2-3 point mini.

Sure, having abilities you mentioned are very helpful but you won't always be available for all squads. Poor Vong are screwed unless they have Razorbug, lol!
crazybirdman
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 3:17:05 AM

even with razorbug you still might not get lucky. It took me 8 razorbugs to kill 3 mice last time I played
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 6:53:33 AM

Idea for Darth Maul on Speeder re-stats:

Darth Maul on Bloodfin
Cost: 63
HP: 50
Def: 19
Atk: 14
Dmg: 20

SA: Melee Attack, Accelerate, Speed 8, etc...

Dismount: When this character would be defeated, replace this character with a medium character whose name contains Darth Maul. Place damage on this character onto the new character. This character is defeated when the newly added character is defeated.

FP: Lightsaber Assault, etc...

Glossary:

Dismount: Newly added character must follow faction rules. This character is considered defeated when the newly the newly added character is defeated. Opponent only scores points for this character, not for the newly added character.
Lobotnik
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 9:35:05 PM

This may have been addressed, and I am not sure how it would work (I leave that to the design team lol) but some sort of ability that would negative the uniqueness of IG-88 but allow 4 of him to be in a squad. Maybe it would be a special ability or a commander effect, but one that would allow multiples of IG-88 into a squad, but no more than 4.

Now, would this be a commander effect allowing 1 each of the existing models (there are 3 so far off the top of my head) or your choice of them, taking into account only cost. Maybe a rapport for IG-88 also?

But basically, there were four models, and it would be cool to be able to have all of them in a squad. And as we only have 3 IG-88s, this way all four could be different.

(Also, maybe some form of avoid defeat that allows the last IG-88 to turn into a death star lol).

That last bit was a joke, but being able to have 4 in a squad would be cool. I am not sure how much it would further the game though, I just think it would be cool.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:08:48 AM

Species commanders. Something along the lines of Merumeru for Trandoshans and Ewoks
crazybirdman
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:07:36 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Species commanders. Something along the lines of Merumeru for Trandoshans and Ewoks

Word, there can be so much fun with this, in addition to possible play for older/unused pieces.
A commander that let's wookies gain stable footing; A C-3P0 that ewoks gain swarm +3; A Boss Nass that gives gungans speed 8; a Lucas that grants rodians cunning attack. you get the idea
confute
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:35:15 AM

How about a humorous piece in every set.
Say:

Oola

Hit Points 10
Def 14
Att 3
Dam 0

SA's:
Tasty: a savage character must attack this character or move adjacent to this character if able to on its turn.
Bodyguard
Inadvertent body guard: this character may be pushed one square by an adjacent ally, if it would allow this character to become adjacent to another ally. This is to allow the bodyguard function
This character costs 1 less when in the same squad as a character whose name contains Jabba
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:37:56 AM

crazybirdman wrote:
a Lucas that grants rodians cunning attack. you get the idea

Hilarious!

There could be a bust of Lucas... that's apparently in the movies:

According to Pablo Helman on the Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones DVD Commentary, the bronzium busts that are shown in the room during the scene where Obi-Wan Kenobi speaks to Jocasta Nu include busts of himself, George Lucas, Rob Coleman, and John Knoll.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Twenty
Hydrowhip
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:05:19 PM

Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but I think it would be fun:

Shii-Cho Style Mastery: This character has a +4 bonus to both Attack and Defense and +10 to damage while 3 or more enemies are within 6 squares of it.

Mini I would like to see it used on:

Kirlocca, Jedi Master
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kirlocca
brennan
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:55:44 AM

I was just thinking last noght while sitting on my favorite chair that we could use a new T3 for OR with affinity for Revan or Exile thats like an R2 for them somethin from 10-20pts
Darth_Sal
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 1:15:28 AM

njarnagin wrote:
Darth_Sal wrote:
How about:
Disguise: This character does not count as Unique when targeted by a character with the Bounty Hunter special ability.

I like it . Simple and strait forward. Now which character should get this ability?

The original idea was for Lando, but i like the Zam Wessel idea too...i'm sure there are other characters this could work for
Critch
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 1:26:31 AM

charater ideas:

apologies if i repeat anything that has already been said.

I would really like to see more mins from the RC novels by Karen Traviss
i.e the rest of omega sqaud -
Atin maybe with override, door gimmick or even one of the many tech related abilites that have already been posted.

Fi im pretty sure was described as a field medic and a bit of a marksman so correct me if im wrong, so that shouldnt be to difficult to come up with, stuff like heal 10/20, sniper or accuarte shot prob not both.

Corr, although i cant imagine him being to differnt from Darman as they were both demo experts, but would still be interesting to see.

Other quick ideas
Ghez Hokan - mando/sep affinity.
The massive trando heavy from the RC video game, the one that took me about 1hr to kill the first time i met it.
Sun Fac genosian general - a CE that can boost the bugs a bit.
A mando jango fett that represents him from the battle of Galidraan, i'd like to see him beat several jedi armed only with his bare hands in miniature form.
Mandalorian protectors and maybe some uniques to go with them like Fenn shysa, Spar and Tobbi Dala.
Renegade ARC trooper - fringe, represents Spar or Sull.
Sith probe droid - from Ep1.
Walon vau.
Lord mirdalan or just a general strill.
Mij Gilamar - mando healer.
Buzz droids - from Ep3, pretty sure it hasnt been done
Etain Tur-Mukan - maybe something that can make clone troopers a bit more tough, or a healer, definitely with the concussuon rifle.
General Arligan Zey - could boost the RCs.
Pit droids from Ep1 - cheap repair.
infected stormtrooper or wookie from the deathtroopers novel.
Nimbus commandos.
Sun guards of thyrsus - fringe anti mandos.
Marit militia.
a unique kaminoan like Lama Su, Tuan We, Oran Wa or ko Sai - maybe with a augment healng CE.
clone trooper assassin.
A whipcord or grappling hook ability, not sure how it would work though

and the Null ARCs have to be done, maybe not all 6 of them prob just Ordo and Mereel but all 6 would still be cool, dont know about what abilites i'd give them as there all quite differnt, il think about that some more.

and i know some of these would be difficult to represent as minis but there just ideas.

And A huge amount of charaters can be done from stuff missed out from the KOTOR video games and even more from the upcoming MMORPG

and stuff i agree with previous posts would include the extended grenades/mortars, trample ability, Darth bane with obelisk armour, Demagol, Rohlan Dyre, a new Corran Horn, new Jabba or another unique Hutt like Gardulla, Ziro, Qibbu and i think theres one from the SW battlegrounds game but i cant remember the name, a new Yoda i think is needed, and i like the idea of species commanders.
and il join the protest for a Rebel Mon Mothma.

sorry for being a bit mando heavy.

Hows that for a first post BigGrin

jedispyder
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:21:08 AM

Lot of good ideas, Critch!

Can a mod please lock this thread? I started a thread for V-Set 4 so all new ideas should go there now...
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 4:54:45 AM

Locking thread. On to the next set! ThumpUp