RegisterDonateLogin

Is indeed as powerful as the Emperor has foreseen.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 3 - Minis, Force Powers and abilities you would like to see Options
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:56:23 AM
Groups: Member

swinefeld wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:
...soo...I wait

Only until August. Wink

still too long since I can't make it to GenCon this year Sad
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 3:02:20 AM

Here are some ideas I posted on gamers, feel free to year them apart. Many new CEs essentially:

-a really easy way to create a slew of new commander effects while maintaining simplicity is to start handing out the hunters. It's already started but keep going, ces to give out to allies:
Haraar, captain rex, bao dur- droid hunter
Aurra Sing, pretty much any mandalorian- jedi hunter
Dooku- dathamori hunter
Senator tikkes- mon calamari hunter
Bossk- wookie hunter
Anikan- tusken hunter (hahaha)
Reven- mando hunter
Darth Vader- ewok hunter (also hahaha)
Darth Maul/ dash render- black sun hunter (would be an excellent counter to the black sun)
Kyle Katarn - imperial hunter
Darth Vader- rebel hunter
Nas Choka -new republic hunter also mobile...
Kyp Durron- vong hunter
Nexu -mouse droid hunter for savages (haha alright I'm not really taking this serious anymore but you get the idea)

Thrawn/chiss commander - allied chiss gain xenophobia(+4 attack and twin attack against any species other then chiss/droid)

Sith Sergeant E at the end of this characters turn one sith trooper follower may immediately move 4 squares, this does not count as activating that character.

Sith assassin sect leader- sith assassins in your squad gain deadly attack and vicious attack

That sith that trained Bane- sith allies within 6 squares gain lightsaber duelist

Ziro the hutt- followers in your squad count as fringe characters for the purposes of commander effects

Sideous hologram for the seps- allied separatist characters with a force rating gain force renewal 1

Geonosian queen- Geonosian allies gain +4 atk  +4 defense and charging assault

Commander Bly- at the end of this characters turn, up to three  characters with order 66 can immediately move 2 squares. This movement does not count as activating those characters.

Clone trooper sergeant major- trooper followers that combine fire against an enemy gain suppressive fire (a living enemy hit by this characters attack has -4 defense and can not move until the end of the round, save 11)

Republic intelligence- order 66 Characters in your squad with stealth within 6 squares gain deceptive

New grandmaster yoda- allied characters with a force rating gain 2 additional force points and may spend this characters force points. 

Jedi librarian woman- followers in your squad with a force rating gain advantageous defense (it makes sense she is teaching them new things to help them survive)

Polis massa surgeon- polis massa medics within 6 squares gain heal 20

Mace windu, hero- Allied characters with a force rating gain surprise move

Antares Draco, captain of the guard- Imperial Knights within 6 gain charging assault 

General rom moc- droids are subject to this effect. Dark trooper followers gain damage reduction. Phase one troopers gain charging assault and momentum. Phase two gain mobile attack and speed 8, phase three gain advanced missiles 40 (need a save of 16 to avoid)

Baron Fel- (side note give him pilot!) allied characters with pilot gain wingman (if this character combines fire with another character with pilot, it gains +6 attack and twin attack for it's turn)

Regent Morlish Veed- as long as a follower has line of sight to an enemy, you may activate 1, 2, or 3 characters that turn.

Mandolorian Kal Skirita- squad assault/firepower to order 66 commandos and null arcs

Jerec (as mace Windu)- unique characters with a force rating gain force renewal 2

Dessan (trandoshian)- reborn gain force renewal 1 and reflect

Dooku, separatist leader - allied sep commanders gain extra attack and +4 atk

General Loathsoam, ground force commander- (rapport 10 for huge droids) huge droid followers gain advanced shields 1 and (flanking attack or splash 20)

General Grievous, Enemy of the Jedi- droids gain jedi hunter

Sev'rance Tann- (first a special ability for devastator fire support) droids are subject to this effect. Separatist non-unique followers gain advantageous defense.
Separatist Droid followers that combine fire gain suppressive fire (a living enemy hit by this characters attack has -4 defense and can not move until the end of the round, save 11)

Super Battle droid commander- super battle droids gain momentum

Tactical droid- (tactician+4) at the end of this characters turn, one separatist ally can immedietly move up to it's speed, this does not count as activating that character this round.

Alto Stratus- separatist commandos gain flight, speed 8, and mobile attack

Darth Sideous hologram (same CE but for the seps)

And finally: the one CE and/or character that would fix Droid swarms for tournaments:

Mar Tukk, tactical genious- as long as a droid in your squad has line of sight to an enemy you can activate 1, 2, or 3 characters that turn, this includes droid and savage characters. Also a special ability; Explosive upgrade: separatist droids gain self destruct 10, this would finally make Droid swarms playable again, see how far you get strafing when every guy you hit blows up. Please make this one!!!

These are just a start and I think the biggest thing when it comes to commander effects is to keep the faction flavors. Example, only the rebel, republic and new republic should ever have evade and mobile for the masses.
Old republic is the strong force users, lots of force powers.
Sith is alot of damage if they don't move, advantageous, deadeye, double attack, careful shot as well as support for the unique force users.
Mandalorian can have everything but they pay more for it.
Separatist should have the swarm armies with no fancy abilities.
Imperials should be trooper heavy with a touch of counter to jedi.
Vong are melee through and through and should be reflected as such.

Also another possibility whether it be by special abilities or ces is to upgrade the save abilities. Missiles and grenades save 16 to avoid. Save with master deflect and master block saves of 6 to make it. S
wannabe mexican
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 7:01:41 AM

Been looking at Wookieepedia, I would like to see an Airborne Clone Trooper, RM the Utapau Trooper. I don't think they have been given the justice they deserve.
brennan
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 7:13:07 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:
Been looking at Wookieepedia, I would like to see an Airborne Clone Trooper, RM the Utapau Trooper. I don't think they have been given the justice they deserve.

SO true in regards to the first especially
Lily_Wan
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:11:08 AM

I would like to see a blaster-type weapon which, if the attack hits, can knock the target back one square.
Darthbane53
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 11:08:22 AM

Lily_Wan wrote:
I would like to see a blaster-type weapon which, if the attack hits, can knock the target back one square.

DEffinatly would be usefull, like a concussion blast typed thing. Cant really think of a chracter who would have it though....
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 1:24:23 PM

Mar Tukk, tactical genious- as long as a droid in your squad has line of sight to an enemy you can activate 1, 2, or 3 characters that turn, this includes droid and savage characters. Also a special ability; Explosive upgrade: separatist droids gain self destruct 10, this would finally make Droid swarms playable again, see how far you get strafing when every guy you hit blows up. Please make this one!!!

Good idea but this can already be done by 2 point geonosians and Poggle the Lesser.
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 2:34:54 PM

Gawd I wish there was a way for me to play Poggle Bombs at Regionals, lol.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 12:04:43 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Demosthenes wrote:

I just picked up 11 more Drones on Ebay. I'm considering it. Laugh
engineer
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 12:05:28 AM

Demosthenes wrote:

It would be an uphill battle to obtain that many drones.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 12:31:29 AM

True, Engineer. Though, I do have 20 of them that I paid $5 on eBay. I was more concerned with what else to put in the squad to make sure they didn't die so darn fast.
SquelchDog
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 1:14:46 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
Lily_Wan wrote:

DEffinatly would be usefull, like a concussion blast typed thing. Cant really think of a chracter who would have it though....

Bossk and Etain Tur-Mukan, both carried Concussion rifle's. ThumpUp
Weeks
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 1:48:39 AM

Demosthenes wrote:

Talk to Jim.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:49:11 AM

Just saw a custom of Carnor Jax. What with V-Set 3 being created with the intention of bringing Force Users back into the rightful place they should take, I am thinking it would be great to get one of him!
wannabe mexican
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:51:49 PM

I'd also love to be able to use my Clone Troopers on Gelagrubs.
R5Don4
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:20:00 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
True, Engineer. Though, I do have 20 of them that I paid $5 on eBay. I was more concerned with what else to put in the squad to make sure they didn't die so darn fast.

I had good luck with this:

Squad discussion thread

--Bug Swarm--
43 IG-88, Assassin Droid
27 Lobot
20 General Whorm Loathsom
10 Rodian Trader
9 Poggle the Lesser
8 Wicket
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
24 Geonosian Drone x12

(150pts. 21 activations)

Bugs swarm on juicy targets. Trader hands out Grenades to make the bugs explode. IG can quad, twin or Pulse Cannon for massive damage. Wicket helps the bugs to possibly hit something. Customize with Lobot for maximum benifit against opponents squad.

For 200 add Sid and more bugs Woot Sid pawns the little buggers to run up to their friends adjacent to your opponent's non Disruptive unit and they have an explosion party!
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 12:13:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It just occurred to me...

There has never been a lightside dooku made. I'd like to see a republic master dooku. We have good and bad anakins, good and bad palpatines, good and bad jacens, and good and bad maras. I'd love to see a good dooku.

That being said, a sep dooku with a commander effect has also been long over due.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 1:45:02 AM

adamb0nd wrote:

That being said, a sep dooku with a commander effect has also been long over due.

This. As nice as Dooku from LOTF is, I really would like to see a commander Dooku.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 2:34:40 AM

Weeks wrote:

Good idea but this can already be done by 2 point geonosians and Poggle the Lesser.

But then your bringing at least 20-50 points of otherwise useless pieces to a Droid swarm. It would be nice to bring the straight Droid swarm to meta. Also since the separatists already have self destructing drones, it's not unreasonable to give them self destructing Droids. It further fits the separatist's style from the war/show. Droids don't complain when you strap a bomb to their back, which they often tended to do. Actually in additin to this piece here is another I just thought up as a fun twist:

Bith Bombmaker
Cost 15, hp 10, def 13, atk 2, dmg 10
SA Rig Explosives (replaces turn: adjacent ally gains self destruct 10)
Detonator (replaces attacks; one ally within line of sight with self destruct is immediately defeated)
brennan
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 3:31:10 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
It just occurred to me...

There has never been a lightside dooku made. I'd like to see a republic master dooku. We have good and bad anakins, good and bad palpatines, good and bad jacens, and good and bad maras. I'd love to see a good dooku.

how about this:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/5538/commander-dooku

and this:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/5543/master-dooku