RegisterDonateLogin

Is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 3 - Minis, Force Powers and abilities you would like to see Options
brennan
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:39:24 PM
Groups: Member

Ooh and mebbe a Qui-gon. Either in normal or spirit form. In spirit form he could have " guidance" or something.... hes made several Force spirit appearances now....
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:44:42 AM

Baegn wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:
qvos wrote:
rogueshadow16 wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:
Big D wrote:
Rabid Wookiee wrote:
I always thought a Jedi Master SA would be interesting. Something along the lines of...

Jedi Master (At the start of the skirmish, choose an ally with a Force Rating. That ally gains one of this character's force powers for the rest of the skirmish.)

I really like this Idea, a lot.ThumpUp

+1
Would have to be balanced by cost and maybe renamed so it could be used by OR, Imps, Rebels, Sith etc

This would be game opening imo! It alows you to remake every know master with this new ability. You could super boost some one like LLTLS. Very nice idea.

+2... ThumbsUp

+3 on that. It might be really cool!

+4! Could probably be pretty sweet if it works out correctly!

+5...with regard to Jedi Master ability: Perhaps wording akin to: "...choose a follower with a Force rating whose point cost is less than this characters."

+6 great idea, as an alternative giving out force powers a ce,
Example:
CE
Unique characters, non unique characters, allies with a force rating gain lightsaber reflect, lightsaber throw, sith grip, surprise move, so on.
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 1:52:42 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Baegn wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:
qvos wrote:
rogueshadow16 wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:
Big D wrote:
Rabid Wookiee wrote:
I always thought a Jedi Master SA would be interesting. Something along the lines of...

Jedi Master (At the start of the skirmish, choose an ally with a Force Rating. That ally gains one of this character's force powers for the rest of the skirmish.)

+1
Would have to be balanced by cost and maybe renamed so it could be used by OR, Imps, Rebels, Sith etc

This would be game opening imo! It alows you to remake every know master with this new ability. You could super boost some one like LLTLS. Very nice idea.

+2... ThumbsUp

+5...with regard to Jedi Master ability: Perhaps wording akin to: "...choose a follower with a Force rating whose point cost is less than this characters."

Example:
CE
Unique characters, non unique characters, allies with a force rating gain lightsaber reflect, lightsaber throw, sith grip, surprise move, so on.

Turning the ability into a squad-wide commander effect would make it more difficult to balance, and besides, it's not really consistent with the intended master/apprentice flavor.

BTW: Force Mentor is probably a better name for the SA, since it's not tied to any faction and is distinct from titles already used in character names and other abilities.
CerousMutor
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 2:05:39 AM

Rabid Wookiee wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Baegn wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:
qvos wrote:
rogueshadow16 wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:
Big D wrote:
Rabid Wookiee wrote:

+1

+2... ThumbsUp

Example:
CE

Turning the ability into a squad-wide commander effect would make it more difficult to balance, and besides, it's not really consistent with the intended master/apprentice flavor.

BTW: Force Mentor is probably a better name for the SA, since it's not tied to any faction and is distinct from titles already used in character names and other abilities.

Force mentor! Nice!

BTW, how many quotes would it take for the first quote to be able to be read only by mice?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 4:02:37 AM

CerousMutor wrote:
Rabid Wookiee wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Baegn wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:
qvos wrote:
rogueshadow16 wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:
Big D wrote:
Rabid Wookiee wrote:

+1

+2... ThumbsUp

Example:
CE

Force mentor! Nice!

BTW, how many quotes would it take for the first quote to be able to be read only by mice?

Lets find out.

Also, I like this Force Mentor idea. But it would have to be heavily play tested.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 2:26:28 PM

wannabe mexican wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:
Rabid Wookiee wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Baegn wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:
qvos wrote:
rogueshadow16 wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:
Big D wrote:
Rabid Wookiee wrote:

+1

+2... ThumbsUp

Example:
CE

Force mentor! Nice!

Lets find out.

Also, I like this Force Mentor idea. But it would have to be heavily play tested.

I see hot point rabid wookie, also it surpases anti ce abilities. Which clearly being disruptive would not effect. While I still think a force power ce would be useful for say repblic unique commanders/followers aNd sith uniques to gain deflect. The mentor idea is something very unique and cool that alot of new characters could have. Pretty much any jedi master. Yoda and Luke especially come to mind.
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2011 7:45:48 AM

Ah yes, it would be really nice to see a CE, FP, or something that give's Sith and Jedi Lightsaber Deflect. I never understood why this wasn't incorporated at some point during WotC's run with our game. We have been discussing a house rule at home. But it hasn't really gotten very far off the ground yet. Sad
Qynst
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2011 7:49:52 AM

I have some fun house rules you might be interested in Dog, We use em quite a bit.
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2011 7:58:52 AM

Qynst wrote:
I have some fun house rules you might be interested in Dog, We use em quite a bit.

Sweet! Cool beans, can you BM them to me Q? That would be helpful. ThumpUp
Qynst
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2011 8:14:11 AM

sent Jonny :)
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 1:39:46 AM

I dunno if it has been covered yet... Didn't wanna look through the whole 20 page list but I am a fan of the Bane trilogy.... Especialy the first one. So I would love to see a Dessel piece as a Gloom Walker, and some Gloomwalker filler pieces.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 4:04:23 PM

Qynst wrote:

Might I also grab these off you. Always interested to see wha people have cOme up with
SquelchDog
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 3:55:42 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Qynst wrote:

Might I also grab these off you. Always interested to see wha people have cOme up with

Hey GG, he BM'ed them to me brother, if ya still need them let me know. He's got some great stuff in there. Cool

Something else that would be cool to see, would be bringing in the other Species of characters. Might make for some very interesting customs. I was very surprised by the sheer volume of customizing going on now, it really gave a huge boost to that section on Bloomilk and Gamers! Woot Love going through and checking out everyone's hard work and effort. Way Cool! Cool
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 8:34:39 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Qynst wrote:

Hey GG, he BM'ed them to me brother, if ya still need them let me know. He's got some great stuff in there. Cool

Something else that would be cool to see, would be bringing in the other Species of characters. Might make for some very interesting customs. I was very surprised by the sheer volume of customizing going on now, it really gave a huge boost to that section on Bloomilk and Gamers! Woot Love going through and checking out everyone's hard work and effort. Way Cool! Cool

yes I will definitely take them off you
brennan
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 11:34:02 PM

Well idk what the last two sith characters of the Vset two are gonna be but here is an idea for the 3rd:

Sith Blademaster:

Cost: 27

HP:110
DF:18
AT:12
DM:20

Melee Attack, Double Attack, Lightsaber Duelist

Force 4
Lightsaber Defence
Lightsaber Assault
Sith rage
Master Speed

You know, kinda the JBM for sith.
komix
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:30:45 AM

We've got scout trooper officer, elite scout trooper. Then it has has for...scout trooper captain!

STC:
Cost: 20
HP:40
Def:18
Att:9
Dam:10

SA:
Twin, Stable footing, Stealth,
CE:
Scout troopers within 6 squares gain +4 attack and gain twin attack.

Tell me what you think!
Cheers!
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:01:46 AM

I'm still going to go with a wall breach type of special ability for factions that have commandos (Rebel, Imp, NR, Rep, Sep and Mando).

It would be cool to see more of the Vong creatures, like the fire breathers.

swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:11:44 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

cicrush13 wrote:

http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=10385&start=120 ThumpUp
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:29:52 AM

swinefeld wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:

http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=10385&start=120 ThumpUp

Yea it would help if I could get there from work, but I can't...soo...I wait
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:00:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

cicrush13 wrote:
...soo...I wait

Only until August. Wink