Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 12:26:44 AM
Groups: Member

Celeste Morne!!!!
Rakghouls could use a bit of a power boost
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 12:50:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mandelmauler wrote:
SA: Huge allied characters gain stable footing.

I second this notion BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 12:59:42 AM

Oh, and something, ANYTHING for pilots.

My friend just pulled a wedge (TFU) and i told him it was sad that the only piece that would benefit his pilot ability was another wedge from an older set that has since been totally deemed worthless by Reeikan!
crazybirdman
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 2:53:31 AM

~I'd like to see more of the forms of lightsaber combat.

~A Slicer ability - replaces attacks, if this character is adjacent to a door he/she/it can designate any 1 door on the map as open or closed; it remains open or closed until the end of this character's next turn, or until it is defeated

~Gunman's retort (or something) - Whenever this character is hit by a non-melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker (Like a non-melee riposte or Djem so. Would help against mobil shooters. I was thinking this would be perfect for a Gallandro mini.)

This next one I have a few variation on the idea
~Speed boost (on some sort of mechanic character) - Any character with mounted weapon that starts its turn adjacent to this character gains speed 10 on this turn only
~Droid Mobilzer - Any Droid that begins its turn adjacent to this character gains speed 8 on this turn only
~Speed freak - Any character whose name contains speeder or swoop that starts it's turn adjacent to this character gains acelerate on this turn only

And while I'm dreaming, the Wanted 'curve the bullet' ability BigGrin can target characters in squares adjacent to squares it has line of site to.
Jugular
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 4:16:23 AM

Old Republic

Jedi Master Arca Jeth - (Tales of the Jedi comics)
Jedi Master Odan-Urr - (Tales of the Jedi comics)
Jedi Master Ooroo - (Tales of the Jedi comics) (Force Battery for OR, some kind of sacraficial Cyanogen SA that damages everything range 6 save 16, suggested mini: Bacta Tank)
Jedi Master Satele Shan - (The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance novel)
Jedi Master Thon - (Tales of the Jedi comics) (Galloping Attack and/or a Transport type SA)
Jedi Master Valenthyne Farfalla – (Darth Bane novels)
Jedi Master Vandar Tokare – (Knights of the Old Republic VG and comic)
Kerra Holt – (Knight Errant comic and novel)
Sylvar - (Tales of the Jedi comics)
Vima Sundrider - (Tales of the Jedi comics)

Sith

Aleema Keto - (Tales of the Jedi comics)
Dark Lord Bane – (Darth Bane novels) (specifically highlighting Orbalisk Armor)
Dark Lord Cognus - (Darth Bane novels)
Dark Lord Kaan – (Darth Bane novels)
Dark Lord Marka Ragnos - (Tales of the Jedi comics)
Dark Lord Zannah - (Darth Bane novels)
Darth Chratis - (The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance novel)
Darth Malgus - (The Old Republic MMORPG and Deceived novel)
Ludo Kressh - (Tales of the Jedi comics)
Mandalore the Lesser - (The Old Republic) (A cheaper version of the Ulic Qel-Droma ability to unite Sith and Mandalorians)

Fringe

Admiral Saul Karath - (Knights of the Old Republic video game and comic)
Crado - (Talkes of the Jedi comics)
Jet Nebula - (The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance novel)
Marn Hierogryph - (Knights of the Old Republic comic)
Set Harth - (Darth Bane novels)

Mandalorian

Cassus Fett – (Knights of the Old Republic comic)
Dao Stryver - (The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance novels)
Mandalore the Vindicated - (The Old Republic: MMORPG)
Rohlan Dyre the Questioner - (Knights of the Old Republic comic)

Not sure when The Old Republic MMORPG comes out, or the rest of the tie-in novels, or the Knight Errant novel, but there has been a lot of attention on the Old Republic era in the EU lately, so if you were going to theme V-Set 2 around that, there's certainly a lot of material to work with.

Jugular
TreebeardTheEnt
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 9:34:50 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I'm not sure of the intention, but I'm pretty sure that wording doesn't do what you intend it to. It raises the defense of adjacent enemies as well as allies. Also, the next turn begins as soon as that character's turn is over so the defense bonus wouldn't actually be used. Did you mean 'beginning of next round' or 'beginning of this character's next turn' or 'till after the the end of the next turn'?

It was 3am in the morning on a night I could not sleep. I have fixed the OP.

On topic:

I would love to see Snoova (a wookie bounty hunter)

and maby a Bounty ability... Jaba or Xizor could have it.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 10:02:07 AM

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Jedi Protector: replaces attacks, adjacent [allies] gain +4 defense till the beginning of next [round].

[This is to simulate the Jedi using there lightsabers to protect characters next to them, blocking blaster shots, etc.]

I like this idea - a lot. I might even take it one step further, and make it just like a Gungan Shieldbearer. For that kind of effect, it might need to be a replaces turn effect, though. Also, if it's a defense bonus the wording should state that the allies have the bonus only as long as they are adjacent. Great idea.
TreebeardTheEnt
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 10:44:24 AM

Update:

Jedi Protector (Replaces attacks: until the start of the next round, adjsent allies gain +4 defense.)

Also I would like to see:

A new Ackbar perhaps with Tactician (You automaticly choos who goes first on a roll of 18, 19, or 20.)

eMouse
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 1:01:03 PM

How about pilot or gunner droids for the Seps, or a new version of the Destroyer Droids?

An AAT would also be nice too. There's a nice new snap-together kit that's nicely in scale.

While I'm at it, it would be cool to see some of the forgotten figures from the Ultimate Mission books become legal, though I'm not quite sure how that'd be implemented. Have to have a copy of the book the figure is from on hand?

Admiral Trench - Commander Effect: This effect applies to droids. Allies ignore Cloaked or Invisibility on opposing figures, if those figures that have activated.
crazybirdman
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:55:52 AM

A prince Isolder figure with shields. and a pimp ability. It would be like pheromones, but only work on women.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:34:54 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Oh, and something, ANYTHING for pilots.

countrydude82487 wrote:

Pilot Training: choose 1 ally at the Beginning of the Skirmish, that character gains Pilot

I second both of these suggestions. As well as maybe something along these lines.

SA: Navigator: Followers within 6 squares with the pilot ability gain +4 attack and the "It's a Trap!" ability.

I think this would work well on fringe pieces as well as a logical addition to a re-worked Chewie and/or Nien Nunb.

I made it followers so Oddball, Vader LotF, Krayt, and Plo Koon don't get too out of control. It would work well to help Dash, Lumiya, Carth and the numerous scrub pilots out there, but not too overpowering as it would be able to stack with Oddball and Jagged's CEs.

Could also be called Copilot if you'd like and limited to non-uniques if pieces like Luke, Hoth Pilot would become broken.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:48:43 AM

Yeah. I mean, one thing that makes a piece good is its ability to make other pieces playable. I'd love to field my Luke Hero of Yavin again, and I think he's really only one pilot enhancement away from doing this.
sharron
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:04:26 AM

i would love a NR r2, chewie, c3po.
also a new nom anor, just because we only have 1
Darth_Sal
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:30:47 PM

Not sure about SA/FP... may these
~ Pawn of the Dark Side 2 Force 2, replaces attacks: sight; 1 allied character takes an immediate turn, which does not count as one of your 2 activations this phase; at the end of that turn, it takes 20 damage

~ Dominate 2? with either save 16 or no save

~ Maybe a Clawdite "Shapeshifter" ability... Doesn't count as a target, save 11... or some such.

Here are some characters I'd like to see...

~ Clone Wars era Mando uniques
~ Carnor Jax (CE for Shadow Stormies?)
~ Legacy era Mando uniques
~ Unique ARCs
~ Incinerator Trooper
~ Clone Jet Trooper

Darth_Sal
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:35:29 PM

adamb0nd wrote:
Mandelmauler wrote:
SA: Huge allied characters gain stable footing.

I second this notion BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk

This would be perfect for the T-series tactical droid ...

and I also second NR chewie/r2/c3po
tonythetoyman
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:23:55 AM

sharron wrote:
i would love a NR r2, chewie, c3po.

+1

Given the NR now has access to R7, R2 shouldn't be too game changing (though it would be nice if you gave him something different like they did with R2 w/ sensorscope... if anyone has good ideas, please post... Heck, a version just like this one for NR would be nice).

C-3PO is a good idea, too. Could still have draw fire, but maybe something else to make him a bit more interesting.

knightmare1233
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:46:34 AM

I would also like a new Mace Windu with better defensive abilities and vaapad mastery.
Greybird
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:51:03 AM

Well, if he's not already in this first V-set, then I'm still anxiously waiting and hoping for a much improved Darth Maul on Speeder to come out someday, hopefully in the next V-set.

Also some Queen's Handmaidens to go with Padme and a Joruus C'Baoth - I've already figured out how I'll do a custom for him. ARC Troopers who are a little more formidable would be nice too, along with their leader in red from the original Clone Wars cartoons. And maybe a Ben Skywalker stat card based around the Luke Skywalker Jedi figure from the old Rebel Storm set.

And I agree, a New Republic R2, Threepio, and Chewbacca would be awesome. So would a cheaper Jedi Master Luke who can more easily fit into a squad with the other heroes.
Greybird
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:10:30 AM

Also Imperial Knight Treis Sinde from the Legacy comics would make an awesome V-set card too. I've even got myself a good, simple plan for a custom for him.

EDIT: And for people who don't wan't to have to make a custom of him, the Darth Tyranus figure from the RotS set might work for him even though he's got a red lightsaber.
Kaxel Vofer
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:56:58 AM

I want to see one Force power like Obi-Wan use to access to the Databank of R2-D2 in E IV, something like this.

Access to Program: 1 FP, in this turn the adjacent Unliving character is Stunned