RegisterDonateLogin

Is indeed as powerful as the Emperor has foreseen.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 3 - Minis, Force Powers and abilities you would like to see Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 1:32:26 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I have been making customs that make huges more fun and viable. I doubt its a direction people would be willing to take the game, but i personally like that it makes vehicles more useful, and give them a vehicle feel.

The basic mechanic is a special ability that gives adjacent allies with mounted weapons the troop cart ability, and then a secondary effect that allows the piece being carted around to give the troop cart character a bonus. Examples include: while removed from play, this character can replace his attack to provide adjacent ally with troop cart +4 defense and shields 2.

Then, i created commanders CE's that give pilots access to these powers. It makes pilots feel like pilots, and gives them a benefit when they get behind the wheel. I think its a mechanic we should have had since day one.

Likewise, you can give some characters "co-pilot", and give a troop cart an added bonus if he removes both a pilot and a co-pilot from play.

Like i said, it adds a new layer to the game, so i doubt it would every be used, but i just wanted to offer the concept... you never know.
njarnagin
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 1:56:00 AM
Groups: Member

Make Gamorrean Guards playable ThumbsUp
BENE
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:39:33 AM

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ewok_Handler

I love this guy! Give him Ewok reserves/reinforcements and make ewoks expode on contact with the enemy! A very gonzo piece. Too bad they never made a Malakili piece. Perhaps a Gamorrean would be a good substitute.

AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:22:40 AM

adamb0nd wrote:

The basic mechanic is a special ability that gives adjacent allies with mounted weapons the troop cart ability, and then a secondary effect that allows the piece being carted around to give the troop cart character a bonus. Examples include: while removed from play, this character can replace his attack to provide adjacent ally with troop cart +4 defense and shields 2.

Then, i created commanders CE's that give pilots access to these powers. It makes pilots feel like pilots, and gives them a benefit when they get behind the wheel. I think its a mechanic we should have had since day one.

Likewise, you can give some characters "co-pilot", and give a troop cart an added bonus if he removes both a pilot and a co-pilot from play.

I saw these on your customs and I think these would be great additions. Maybe a bit too complex, but definitely worthwhile. I think you should post a bit more in detail the abilities so people know what you're talking about.
obsidian7788
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:10:35 AM

BENE wrote:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ewok_Handler

I love this guy! Give him Ewok reserves/reinforcements and make ewoks expode on contact with the enemy! A very gonzo piece. Too bad they never made a Malakili piece. Perhaps a Gamorrean would be a good substitute.

thats what im talkin bout
BENE
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 9:49:18 AM

Did I say expode? How embarrassing for an English teacher.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:55:37 AM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

I saw these on your customs and I think these would be great additions. Maybe a bit too complex, but definitely worthwhile. I think you should post a bit more in detail the abilities so people know what you're talking about.

Agreed. A great, great idea. The implementation needs some refinement, though, to make it easier to understand and well-costed. (But that's what that design team does best!)
rogueshadow16
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:53:44 AM

Mandalorian Hondo Karr that has affinity for the NR... BigGrin
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:12:37 AM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

My original idea was to have specific pieces with a CE that gives allies with mounted weapons Troop Cart. In further thought, it really needs to be a special ability that does this, and not a CE, as i don't think passengers should get ejected by disruptive.

Once the mounted weapons unit has Troop Cart, the fun begins. Here are a few suggested abilities to make it feel like the pieces being troop carted are actually in control of the vehicle, and benefit it with their own ship-to-ship skills and abilities:

Wingman While removed from play by the Troop Cart special ability, this character gains the following: Replaces attack: Adjacent ally with Troop Cart gains +4 attack +10 damage until the end of the round, or until this character returns to play.

Maximum Firepower While removed from play by the Troop Cart special ability, this character gains the following: Replaces attack: Adjacent ally with Troop Cart gains + 20 damage until the end of the round, or until this character returns to play.

Defensive Formation While removed from play by the Troop Cart special ability, this character gains the following: Replaces attack: Adjacent ally with Troop Cart gains +4 defense and Shields 1 until the end of the round, or until this character returns to play.

Stay on the leader! While removed from play by the Troop Cart special ability, this character gains the following: Replaces attack: Adjacent ally with Troop Cart gains +4 attack and Accurate Shot.

Co-Pilot If an ally removes both a Pilot and a Co-Pilot from play with the Troop Cart ability, it gains +2 Speed until either character returns to play.

A few select pieces could give out troop cart to mounted weapons, and then reword pilots with special abilities like those listed. I think it would make the pilot special ability actually mean something, make larges more competitive and playable, and make vehicles feel less like units and more like the ships they represent.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:30:31 AM

There should be an exclusion for any character with Mounted Weapon that has the Droid SA. These are not co-pilot friendly vehicles/characters. (it only removes 6 from the list anyway.)

And...another exclusion for Large or smaller bases. This should only apply to Huge or larger characters.

The list of affectable characters:
Desert Skiff
Golan Arms
Uggernaut
Rebel Snowspeeder
Flash Speeder
ISP Speeder
Tie Crawler
Luke's Snowspeeder
Basilisk War Droid
AT-ST
Blizzard Scout 1
Wookiee Hunter AT-ST
AT-AT
oh...and Wedge's Snowspeeder
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:59:53 AM

I like the idea of helping out the "vehicles". I think it should be kept simple. Something like...

Co-Pilot (When this character starts it's turn adjacent to a non-droid, huge or larger character with Mounted Weapon, it can be removed from the battle grid. The Mounted Weapon character gains +4 attack as long as a Co-Pilot is removed from the battle grid. This character can activate to give the Mounted Weapon character one immediate attack. This character may return to the battle grid, in any legal square adjacent to the Mounted Weapon character, at the start of any round."
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:20:03 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
I like the idea of helping out the "vehicles". I think it should be kept simple. Something like...

Co-Pilot (When this character starts it's turn adjacent to a non-droid, huge or larger character with Mounted Weapon, it can be removed from the battle grid. The Mounted Weapon character gains +4 attack as long as a Co-Pilot is removed from the battle grid. This character can activate to give the Mounted Weapon character one immediate attack. This character may return to the battle grid, in any legal square adjacent to the Mounted Weapon character, at the start of any round."

I really hope that was you being sarcastic :)
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:26:30 AM

billiv15 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:

I really hope that was you being sarcastic :)

BlooMilk
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:13:16 AM

I think it's better to just make new the VSet huges 'pilotable' by giving them Troop Cart-like abilities, rather than trying to give Troop cart to past characters with mounted weapon.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:51:29 AM

Desert Skiff would be more appropriate, as you count range +1 from the huge.
This goes better with vehicles where the characters would generally be inside a cockpit.
ajw49ers
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:27:13 AM

Old Republic: some really good beatsticks, a force battery, some more good commander effects, and some good non-unique shooters-more old republic soldiers.

Republic: an updated version of Yoda and Mace, one that really represents the characters.

Separatists: a special ability or commander effect that let all separatist droids subject to all commander effects, an unleashed version of Darth Maul (a one man army), more living characters.

Fringe: the Jensaarai leader

General stuff - a power or ability that shuts off cloaked. commander effects that give parry and other abilities that boost melee attackers; I would love to use more melee people.

Radar: Enemy characters within 6 squares lose cloaked and invisibility.

Infrared: If this character has line of sight to an enemy with stealth, cloaked or invisibility that enemy can be targeted by this character and allied characters as long as this character or other allies with Infrared have line of sight. Enemy commander effects that restrict targeting on stealth are subject to this ability.

Force Detection: Force 1: Enemy characters lose cloaked and invisibility for the rest of the round.

Force Anticipation: Force 2: Only when this character is targeted or affected. Cancel an attack or ablitity that replaces attacks. If the ability is grenades or missiles the attacking character must make the save. Normal attacks are considered a miss.

Force Cancel: Force 4: Cancel an enemy characters turn within in 6 squares.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:27:14 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I think it's better to just make new the VSet huges 'pilotable' by giving them Troop Cart-like abilities, rather than trying to give Troop cart to past characters with mounted weapon.

BlooMilk ThumpUp
obsidian7788
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 12:47:13 AM

BENE wrote:
Did I say expode? How embarrassing for an English teacher.

shoulda said splode.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 1:12:36 AM

Put this one on a Wookiee or Yuzzem or other physically-strong character:

Character Throw Replaces attacks: Remove adjacent lower-cost small character from the battle grid. Range 6; 20 damage, target is considered activated this round; save 11. Huge and larger characters ignore the nondamaging effect. Return the small character to the battle grid adjacent to target, 10 damage to small character.

Glossary:
Instead of making its normal attack, this character can throw an adjacent lower-cost small character (enemy or ally) at an enemy within 6 squares, causing damage to both the thrown character and the enemy. Remove the small character from the battle grid before making the targeting decision. Return the small character to the battle grid adjacent to the target. If no adjacent space is available, place the small character as close to the target as possible. If the small character is placed on a pit space, it is defeated immediately.
BENE
Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 1:47:01 AM

C-3PX.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/C-3PX

We need a representative of the Droids comics/cartoons! I'd use C-3PO from RS as the suggested piece, except use a fine Sharpie to draw an X on his forhead. He'd have to be more resilient as he's had armour plate added, and needs some representative abilities to display his 83 built in weapon systems...
Considering the weapons are concealed on his body, I'd say that twin would be a good inclusion, though only powered to 10 or 20 damage. He should have grenades, poison blade, deceptive, stealth, and should ignore stealth ability in others, thanks to his infrared photoreceptors. I'd also make him a fringe character, as he's worked carrying out Sith agendas, as a Republic agent, Imperial, and a gladiator and assassin.
I think he'd be a good contender for the upcoming sets. I especially think it would be nice to find a way to use the C-3PO sculpt in competitive play.