RegisterDonateLogin

The Indomitable

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:52:53 AM
Groups: Member

your missing 1 name from your list.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 8:08:13 AM

R5Don4 wrote:
Yes I was referring to the world famous to young and old Star Wars. Not all the other stuff that was made up 20 years later.

So if things were up to you, we'd have 2 factions (Rebels and Imperials) and Fringe? That sure sounds like an interesting skirmish game. ThumbDown

Regardless on opinions of the merit of each faction, the game as we know it was designed with Old Republic as a faction, so it deserves just as much attention as the other factions, if for no other reason than to prevent stagnation when only 3-4 factions are competitive.
dreadtech
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 8:13:07 AM

Weeks wrote:
your missing 1 name from your list.

Thanks weeks, however i know already. I think it is some assassin droid (Seps i think) however I could not make out the full name of the character so i did listed it, i was hoping that if someone else had listened to that SHNN episode they would list/mention the full name.
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:56:44 AM

I'll help you out. A-series Assassin Droid.
bigphesta
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:11:55 AM

I'd like to see an Obi-Wan on Dragonmount like the Anakin and Padme on Reek.
dreadtech
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 1:54:16 PM

Weeks wrote:
I'll help you out. A-series Assassin Droid.

Thanks, can you confirm if it's a Separatist? as i am unfamiliar with the character or name.
Thanks will add to page 1 when i know faction.
Dave
countrydude82487
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 2:32:11 PM

its separatist i believe. it was a prototype for the b2 super battle droids if i remember correctly
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 1:49:53 AM

Its a Sep piece.
R5Don4
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:23:35 AM

Hey Bobby c'mon, I didn't say that- I would like that, sure; but I didn't say that. What I am saying is: it would be great if more than 12% of the set were recognizable, well known, well loved, for lack of a better word "actual" Star Wars characters.
Ruhk
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:25:00 PM

Just for you Don..
I count 16% of the set as characters that can be easily found in the OT or PT movies. That's more than 12!
R5Don4
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:33:47 PM

Ruhk wrote:
Just for you Don..
I count 16% of the set as characters that can be easily found in the OT or PT movies. That's more than 12!

LOL! I wasn't even counting prequel stuff.

Where are Mala and Teek? That's my kind of PU, I mean EU.
gwek
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 12:05:36 AM

Every corner of the GFFA is loved by somebody. Some love the Ewok specials but couldn't care less about the comics. Some love only the video games, while others discount the new animated series. But every part of the great big galaxy has its fans.

When WotC was producing the game as a product to be sold, it made perfect sense to appeal to the least common denominator, because the movie factions were the factions that everybody knew. But with the V-Sets, the key priority seems to be game balance.

When the smallest movie faction has about twice as many pieces as the largest "EU" faction, is it surprising that fans of the Sith, Old Rep, Mandos, Vong, and New Rep rejoice when they seem to finally be getting fair representation? To put things in numeric perspective: The entire Yuuzhan Vong faction (pre-DotF) consisted of 14 different pieces, but there were 17 distinct Luke Skywalkers. Does that seem right?
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 1:14:19 AM

George Lucas wrote:

There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married...

Since according to Herr Doktor Professor Lucas, The NR era doesn't count as Star Wars, we can presume that anything else outside of the tragedy of Darth Vader is also just not Star Wars (It's about as much Star Wars as those Chinese black market Harry Potter books are Harry Potter)

Therefore, I motion that we ban all figures from all factions that are not Rep, Sep, Reb, Imp, and most Fringe. Only then will this game be Star Wars Miniatures. Disagreement with anything in this post may result in Lucasfilm coming to your house and confiscating your Star Wars merchandise.
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 1:22:56 AM

gwek wrote:

When the smallest movie faction has about twice as many pieces as the largest "EU" faction, is it surprising that fans of the Sith, Old Rep, Mandos, Vong, and New Rep rejoice when they seem to finally be getting fair representation? To put things in numeric perspective: The entire Yuuzhan Vong faction (pre-DotF) consisted of 14 different pieces, but there were 17 distinct Luke Skywalkers. Does that seem right?

More seriously now, fair doesn't necessarily mean equal. There's a lot more material to explore with Lukes than there is with possibly all of the Vong. Luke went through many stages of traits and whatnot, and there is a LOT we learn about his personality from the multitudes of books, movies, comics, games etc. For the Vong, we have one ( granted, long) book series. I know I'm not the only person who is waiting for a playable Melee luke over the cost of 30 points. I'm not saying 17 Lukes = 17 misses, but if you think Luke's possibilities have been tapped more than the Vong, especially after V-set 1 (who's left, Vergere and a couple non-uniques?, maybe Vua Rapuung?), I think you're placing MORE importance on EU over George Lucas' Star Wars, regardless of how the Luke/Vong comparison pans out.
Darthbane53
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:50:31 AM

DARTH ZANNAH!! (Changes Pants) im so freking excited. If I could have some one could send me a BM on how I can make SURE that I am gaurnteed to get the stats for the next V-sett, if some one could just explain it to me that would be very helpfull. Thanks.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:31:57 PM

Darthbane53 wrote:
DARTH ZANNAH!! (Changes Pants) im so freking excited. If I could have some one could send me a BM on how I can make SURE that I am gaurnteed to get the stats for the next V-sett, if some one could just explain it to me that would be very helpfull. Thanks.

Yes, there is a Zannah in Rogues and Renegades, V-set 2, due out at Gencon this summer. :)
Azman
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:42:23 PM

Everyone get a grip... more pieces = more fun

who cares what they are

Its all pretend anyway ?
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:15:31 PM

Anything that is officially labelled "Star Wars" has gone through the mill at Skywalker Ranch and is Stamped with GLs' chubby digit.
Lucas may not 'count' The Old Republic, New Republic or Legacy officially as Star Wars (although he will make it canon :P) but he is happy to prostitute it out there as Star Wars product. He's happy to authorising new Star Wars tales and adventures for their monetary value, then debunk/rewrite/scrap them when he sees fit.

On a side note just remember, Even Lucas' version of 'A New Hope' isnt his final version! His version never saw the public eye.
It came so close to being scrapped until Richard Chew and Paul Hirsch edited it into the film we all remember!

I'm concidering watching th clone wars cg toon to get my official fix lol. Even though its not the pure stuff, its cut down with cutesy & sugar :P

I'm a hypocrit along with everyone else. Just smile and join the club, you've been playing in it for years.
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:20:47 PM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
George Lucas wrote:

There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married...

Since according to Herr Doktor Professor Lucas, The NR era doesn't count as Star Wars, we can presume that anything else outside of the tragedy of Darth Vader is also just not Star Wars (It's about as much Star Wars as those Chinese black market Harry Potter books are Harry Potter)

Therefore, I motion that we ban all figures from all factions that are not Rep, Sep, Reb, Imp, and most Fringe. Only then will this game be Star Wars Miniatures. Disagreement with anything in this post may result in Lucasfilm coming to your house and confiscating your Star Wars merchandise.

He also said he wanted Mark Hamill to reprise the roll of Luke SKywalker in episode X and XI.
He's in the hypocrit club too ThumbsUp
rogueshadow16
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:25:42 PM

Azman wrote:
Everyone get a grip... more pieces = more fun

Yeah, what he said... ThumbsUp