RegisterDonateLogin

I never doubted Bloo Milk for a second! Wonderful!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
gwek
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 11:49:27 PM
Groups: Member

Bill,

I couldn't help looking at the rough drafts of the cards when they appeared on the Polish site, so unless it changed, I think I know what you're thinking people will complain about. I will be interested to hear your defense, but I'm not sure if it will be necessary. If it's what I'm thinking of, there has already been precedent set with at least 1 or 2 other similar characters.

Regardless of Carth's stats, I'm looking forward to seeing some Jaq/Carth/KC combos. Question is, what's the best support to round things out?
gwek
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 12:06:39 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
gwek wrote:
Dime: I suspect we're going to see a lot more commander effects like this in the future (narrow-targeted ones). One of the unspoken advantages of a Pilot-only commander effect? Useless to the Yammosk.

If im not mistaken yammosk will still get you. He steals the CE and makes any faction or name specific effect to yuuzhan vong. Including piolt.

I'm not a Vong fan, so I could be mistaken, but the power as written specifies faction only (and I don't see anything to indicate otherwise in the errata thread on SWMGamers). So, yes, you COULD use a Pilot-only commander effect for the Vong, but since there are no Vong pilots, it wouldn't do much good.

Am I wrong about the name thing? Does a "commando only" or "pilot only" CE now apply to ALL Vong via the yammosk? If so, the Vong are much more powerful than I thought!
billiv15
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 12:19:22 AM

gwek wrote:
Bill,

I couldn't help looking at the rough drafts of the cards when they appeared on the Polish site, so unless it changed, I think I know what you're thinking people will complain about. I will be interested to hear your defense, but I'm not sure if it will be necessary. If it's what I'm thinking of, there has already been precedent set with at least 1 or 2 other similar characters.

Regardless of Carth's stats, I'm looking forward to seeing some Jaq/Carth/KC combos. Question is, what's the best support to round things out?

Yep, I'm sure you saw it. My main defense is a balance to him overall and I chose that route because to get him to work the way I wanted, I used the precedent of a certain scoundrel :).

The Yom can steal the CE, but it won't change "pilot". So any Vong/fringe pilots can get the CE, but odds are the squad doesn't have any. I thought about making a Vong pilot in this set, but it's hard to make since their ships themselves were living creatures :). The only thing that the Yom can change is a faction to Vong. So it must say, "Rebel, Sith, New Republic, etc." to allow the change. You cannot change things like "pilot, wookiee, trooper, droid, etc.".
gwek
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:21:57 AM

Personally, I think that's a very valid--and long-standing!--precedent!
Darthbane53
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 5:06:54 AM

Can I please have some one who is involved of the shipping of the sets BM me? I got them but I have a small problem...
Dimetrodon
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:58:45 AM

gwek wrote:
RS: This guy ALMOST makes Carth playable! :) Although I'm happy about that, I'm also looking forward to seeing what the new Carth looks like.

Dime: I suspect we're going to see a lot more commander effects like this in the future (narrow-targeted ones). One of the unspoken advantages of a Pilot-only commander effect? Useless to the Yammosk.

Yeah I like the idea of the slimmer Commander Effects, thats one of the best parts of these sets, it makes some things well more playable on a micro scale without upsetting too much at all.

billiv15 wrote:

And the cool part is, since evade is something a good chunk of pilots have built in, or can cheaply access (General Wedge, Wedge, Reeikan) evade doesn't mean a lot. It really helps those without it without helping some of the best (Dash already has it). Basically you are getting a small improvement in Evade, and a cool one in speed 8.

Yeah I think pieces who have evade like dash in your example are still well worth playing a a squad with because of that speed boost. But I'd personally opt to leave them out, just for a new variety in squad creation. Stuff not commonly seen and so on. Who designed this Klatooinian piece if you don't mind me asking? So far I have to say it's easily my favorite one in the set.

Darthbane53 wrote:

If im not mistaken yammosk will still get you. He steals the CE and makes any faction or name specific effect to yuuzhan vong. Including piolt.

Yeah but this CE doesn't grant pilot, just bonuses to people with it already. So it doesn't do any good for the YV, or am I crazy?
jedispyder
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 8:01:44 AM

Dimetrodon wrote:

Yeah I think pieces who have evade like dash in your example are still well worth playing a a squad with because of that speed boost. But I'd personally opt to leave them out, just for a new variety in squad creation. Stuff not commonly seen and so on. Who designed this Klatooinian piece if you don't mind me asking? So far I have to say it's easily my favorite one in the set.

Bill designed it. The piece went through a few changes and I definitely like this version better than the earlier version.
Dimetrodon
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 8:11:15 AM

jedispyder wrote:

Bill designed it. The piece went through a few changes and I definitely like this version better than the earlier version.

Well I think it came out wonderful, It's gonna be in the first R&R squad I make whenever BM is updated for it in full
CC-23478
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:21:13 AM

I am very pleased with this set so far.....the first v-set didn't thrill me but this one seems to have fixed my issues with the first.....I guess you guys just needed to figure out exactly how to do things, and since you got it down pat on the second set I must say you're faster learners than myself
yodaccm
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:17:04 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
Can I please have some one who is involved of the shipping of the sets BM me? I got them but I have a small problem...

"Eject"
"I can hold it"
"Pull up!"
"No, I'm all right...AARGHH!"
jak
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:50:36 AM

any one who received the cards want to post the stats?ThumpUp
permission has been givenThumpUp
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:58:47 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

jak wrote:

Give me a few minutes, and I will do one better.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:23:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sithborg wrote:
jak wrote:

Give me a few minutes, and I will do one better.

You're going to load them into the squadbuilder? Awesome!
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:31:04 AM

Drool
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 11:38:04 PM

billiv15 wrote:
[quote=gwek]Bill,

Yep, I'm sure you saw it. My main defense is a balance to him overall and I chose that route because to get him to work the way I wanted, I used the precedent of a certain scoundrel :).
quote]

Can you clarify on this now that the set has been released?
DarthElijah
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:17:33 AM

What abouut the epic set?
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:34:13 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

You have to wait till after Gencon.