RegisterDonateLogin

Will grant you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebel's hidden fortress.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:31:32 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Darth_Sal wrote:

Hey guys, I have removed the link to the Polish site that I found. I had no idea that all of the cards were spoiled there until I checked this thread a few minutes ago. I was legitimately seaching for the actual preview and thought that was it, regardless I apologize to the design team and anyone who saw more than they wanted.

Sal

Sal, I had no problem with your link. There was only one not previously seen piece there.

I just didn't want someone who may have found a page with the full set to post that link. BlooMilk
Darth_Sal
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:14:03 AM
Groups: Member

No sweat. The site that I linked actually posted more cards ..."Preview 3"... so I assume they'll continue to spoil stuff before you guys want it out there. Best to pull the link.

Keep up the good work btw, loving the v-sets!
Sashlon
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:21:33 AM

It's a shame people feel the need to do stuff like this.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:06:34 AM

swinefeld wrote:

Back to Celeste:

with Ganner and a po'd Kyp Durron sounds fun.

Mean. Very mean. I also like her RM. I have been racking my brains for what mini would be appropriate for her.
Sashlon
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:18:09 AM

Something like this would be pretty fun I think ;)

Darth Revan, Sith Lord
Celeste Morne
Atton 'Jaq' Rand
Lobot
Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit -to haunt Atton
Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
Gran Raider

Reinforcements:

Mouse Droid x5
Salacious Crumb

Run Revan out, smack something hard, swap for Celeste to turn it into a Rak ThumpUp

Ruhk
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:16:03 AM

Darth_Sal wrote:
No sweat. The site that I linked actually posted more cards ..."Preview 3"... so I assume they'll continue to spoil stuff before you guys want it out there. Best to pull the link.

Keep up the good work btw, loving the v-sets!

Thanks Sal.

It's both disappointing and exciting when something like this happens.

Disappointing in that we become limited in what we can now spoil to generate buzz and excitement about the set, but it's also exciting in that it means someone cared enough to spend time to locate all the cards. Nice to know someone cares, even if their head is in the wrong space.

If you've checked it out, please be aware that those are not the final versions.. so don't be surprised if the printed copy you get is different.

For those that didn't look, well.. just about 5 weeks to go now, I hope you can wait that long, and we will still try to get some 'official' spoilers out as we planned.

Keep on being cool Bloos/Cool

EDIT: As far as I know (which is pretty far!) we don't have a polish individual on the design team, though I can't say one way or the other about the play tester pool. The images were accessed without our consent.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:04:36 PM

Ruhk wrote:
For those that didn't look, well.. just about 5 weeks to go now, I hope you can wait that long, and we will still try to get some 'official' spoilers out as we planned.

And perhaps a Bloo Bothan? I suppose I should be asking Dvader831 about that. Smile
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:33:18 PM

SHNN preview (thanks Bill)

Yuuzhan Vong Firebreather 59/60 (huge) RM = Acklay
cost 46
HP 140
Def 16
Att +6
Dmg 10

Melee
Savage
Charging Assault +10
Fireproof (Immune to Flamethrower)
Flamethrower 40
Indiscriminate
Overwhelming Power (damage from this character's attacks cannot be prevented or redirected)
Twin Attack
Vonduun Crab Armor 2

Have fun. Smile
Azman
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:00:39 PM

Vong Firebreather

Nom's new buddy ????
Archdeluxe
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:29:02 PM

Doubt it with savage. Could still benefit from OM though.
jak
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:39:57 PM

Cool Imagine that beast stealthyConfused LOL
Azman
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:56:21 PM

jak wrote:
Cool Imagine that beast stealthyConfused LOL

my thoughts exactly... could be fun
countrydude82487
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:29:13 PM

hey if you throw in a vractle wrangler the lose savage, and can have super stealth/ self destruct
rogueshadow16
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:36:59 PM

Uhm, Vonduun Crab Armor 2? Seriously?? Confused Confused
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:41:48 PM

rogueshadow16 wrote:
Uhm, Vonduun Crab Armor 2? Seriously?? Confused Confused

Basically Dr10 without the limits of lightsabers ignoring it, which in canon they could not. It worked like Crab Armor, so we used that to make this. It's a small abstraction, but should be simple and fun. You never know when you will roll that dreaded 1 :)
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:26:55 PM

How did play testing go for this piece? Just looking at the stats, 4 of these and 5 ugnaughts looks like they would be near impossible to beat. 40 auto-unstoppable-multitargeting damage is a pretty big deal.
gwek
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 12:50:24 AM

I'm just speculating--and I agree with you about the FB's strengths--but I think there are multiple ways to thwart it. The most obvious is ranged shooters who are spread out far enough that th flamethrower doesn't catch more than one.

The other option I can see is up-close butchery. Send a few melee pieces against this guy. Since he's huge, they can spread out effectively so that the flamethrower will only catch one. And once based, his options are very limited. Yes, he will do damage, but two solid Jedi can cut this guy apart in a few turns.

Which is probably as it should be. At his cost, the FB SHOULD be tough. It's basically one of the biggest beatsticks for its faction (and a much needed one, at that!).

But I'm just speculatiing, based on a quick look and my initial thoughts. I too would love to hear from the playtesters.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 1:35:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

adamb0nd wrote:
How did play testing go for this piece? Just looking at the stats, 4 of these and 5 ugnaughts looks like they would be near impossible to beat. 40 auto-unstoppable-multitargeting damage is a pretty big deal.

See, that's the thing. Flamethrower isn't mulitargetting. You will only hit more than one if your opponent lets you. It's something we have learned since Grenades existed.

And while chewing through all those HPs with 4 of these, you are limiting their damage. I'm fine with you having a max damage output of 80. I'm pretty certain I have a few squads that could kill one a round. Add in some damage reducers, like DR, Shields, Dark Armor, or Beskar'gam, they begin to really struggle.

They are nice and tough, but they don't synergize that well with the Vong right now. You can use Celeste, if you want, and the Priest and Shaper are okay options, but that is about the extent of thier boosts. Unless you are facing Celeste or Kun, you can't steal a CE to boost them.

How I see a lot of how this is going to play out is, a Force user, or someone with flight, will attack while adjacent, then use a FP or fly to a spot that the Firebreather can't reach and Flame, risking the AoO, because at +14 at with 69 pts of support, most likely +10, so the Firebreather has to charge, again betting his damage on his really low attack.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 2:59:07 AM

Lack of Force Immunity is a significant vulnerability as well.
Weeks
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 3:11:21 AM

The best squad I've seen them in is nom bombs. Run a bunch of workers around someone and flame 40 them. No dice rolls but that's great potential.