RegisterDonateLogin

Soothes you when your Rancor gets crushed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:06:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

gwek wrote:
What's the official date? And does anyone know if we're going to get a few last-minute spoilers?

August 8th, and I hope so.

(or they could just send me all the stats now, so I can finish the minimanager updates by the release date Wink )
Darth_Sal
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:05:31 AM
Groups: Member

swinefeld wrote:

(or they could just send me all the stats now, so I can finish the minimanager updates by the release date Wink )

That's an awesome idea! +1
dreadtech
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:31:11 AM

Well if you look hard enough all cards are online. found them a few weeks ago. Cannot say if these were the final cards though. If Bill or anyone of the other two designers give permission I will post one of the cards we have not seen yet but only one AND ONLY IF PERMISSION IS GIVEN. However it is most likely they will want to do there own previews, but you never know as they are busy doing Vset 3 they might Ok it.

and no will not post a link to site.
Dread

EDIT, well the ones i have i think were on the site mentioned in the last few posts. All I can say is they do correspond to the previews we have had so far.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:55:33 AM

I've avoided seeking out the cards online. The minimanager is rather unforgiving if you get some of the details wrong, and you basically have to start over with the character. I'll just have to wait until I have verified final versions.
Echo24
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:22:32 AM

dreadtech wrote:
Well if you look hard enough all cards are online. found them a few weeks ago. Cannot say if these were the final cards though. If Bill or anyone of the other two designers give permission I will post one of the cards we have not seen yet but only one AND ONLY IF PERMISSION IS GIVEN. However it is most likely they will want to do there own previews, but you never know as they are busy doing Vset 3 they might Ok it.

and no will not post a link to site.
Dread

EDIT, well the ones i have i think were on the site mentioned in the last few posts. All I can say is they do correspond to the previews we have had so far.

I checked those out when they first got out, and can confirm that they are not final versions of the cards. Many of them have changes, and many of those changes are quite significant.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:44:20 PM

So, the Klatooinian Captain and his Pilot boosting CE got previewed on Sith Holonetwork News tonight - someone else more official should spoil him, but as a Republic enthusiast I'm looking forward to seeing him in Republic with AniStap and Saesee Tinn. Saesee Tinn could start turning into a reasonably viable piece with Evade.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:51:31 PM

TheHutts wrote:
So, the Klatooinian Captain and his Pilot boosting CE got previewed on Sith Holonetwork News tonight - someone else more official should spoil him, but as a Republic enthusiast I'm looking forward to seeing him in Republic with AniStap and Plo Koon - they're two of my favourite pieces, and he opens up some good possibilities for them.

Hey, you were listening, so you're as "official" as the next guy. Smile
But I have the stats written down, so I'll go ahead and post them:

45. Klatooinian Captain Fringe
RM: Klatooinian Enforcer (CS 54)

cost 18
HP 40
Def 16
Att +7
Dmg 20

SA:
Pilot
Speed 8
Blast Cannon (+10 Damage vs enemies within 6 squares)
Evade
Splash 10

CE:
Pilot followers gain Speed 8 and Evade

Sorry, no help for Plo Koon JM (commander). Saesee Tiin JM works, much better than Plo would have been I'd say.

I don't recall Anakin Solo being mentioned, but 8 squares of movement for Unleash the Force is pretty sweet. BigGrin

TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:03:26 PM

I forgot about Plo Koon having a CE. I do like Plo Koon more than Saesee Tinn though - Opportunist is very helpful.

And Anakin Solo with Evade is interesting - with Ganner and Mara having Stealth, it means that New Republic squads without Wedge are more and more viable.
countrydude82487
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:10:37 PM

ooo put him and Luke Hero of YAvin in a squad and you can get 10 spaces of movement out of it (with greater mobile or psuedo with garm)
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:24:33 PM

Thats pretty awesome. Tiin just went from being a solid peace to truly competitive, I think. His glaring flaw (no ranged defense) is fixed, which is great.

AniStap just got more brutal... the ani/yularen combo just got much deadlier. With General Kenobi and yularen, you now have a speed 10 twin attack strafer without melee attack.

I'd like to try this with Draco. Like Tiin, the imperial knights seriously lacked ranged defense. This will make him pretty solid for his 33 points.

I am excited to see what other pilots or ce's for pilots this set brings. The pilot SA has been long overdue for some real support.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 12:29:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I am liking the Captain in Republic. Tiin and Anistap are the big benefits from him. The Clone Trooper pilot already has Evade, but there are some good Fringe pilots now, along with the Naboo Pilot from Battle of Theed.

That and Dash with Speed 8 GMA, is pretty brutal.
countrydude82487
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:30:01 AM

with tarpals, general Kenobi, some of the CLone pilots and this guy they can move a total of 10 soaces and be double throwing grenades. not to shabby to me.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:54:15 AM

countrydude82487 wrote:
with tarpals, general Kenobi, some of the CLone pilots and this guy they can move a total of 10 soaces and be double throwing grenades. not to shabby to me.

Aha! So this guy indirectly helps Oddball too. Tongue

Sithborg wrote:

Dutch!
juice man
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 4:43:37 AM

Sithborg wrote:

"Jaq" Rand. Put him in Sith with Ghost Exar and Sith Rage.
rogueshadow16
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 5:30:10 PM

Klatooinian Captain's one cool piece... Carth Onasi would benefit a lot from this guy... ThumbsUp
Dimetrodon
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 6:32:04 PM

pretty aggressive piece right there, but with such a specialized CE it seems very fair. I like this one a lot, can't wait to play it.
gwek
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 9:53:51 PM

RS: This guy ALMOST makes Carth playable! :) Although I'm happy about that, I'm also looking forward to seeing what the new Carth looks like.

Dime: I suspect we're going to see a lot more commander effects like this in the future (narrow-targeted ones). One of the unspoken advantages of a Pilot-only commander effect? Useless to the Yammosk.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 10:29:09 PM

Dimetrodon wrote:
pretty aggressive piece right there, but with such a specialized CE it seems very fair. I like this one a lot, can't wait to play it.

And the cool part is, since evade is something a good chunk of pilots have built in, or can cheaply access (General Wedge, Wedge, Reeikan) evade doesn't mean a lot. It really helps those without it without helping some of the best (Dash already has it). Basically you are getting a small improvement in Evade, and a cool one in speed 8.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 10:30:27 PM

gwek wrote:
RS: This guy ALMOST makes Carth playable! :) Although I'm happy about that, I'm also looking forward to seeing what the new Carth looks like.

Dime: I suspect we're going to see a lot more commander effects like this in the future (narrow-targeted ones). One of the unspoken advantages of a Pilot-only commander effect? Useless to the Yammosk.

People will really like playing Carth. There is one thing that I promise people will complain about with him, but I'm fully prepared to defend the decision and explain it soon enough :)
Darthbane53
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 11:47:21 PM

gwek wrote:

If im not mistaken yammosk will still get you. He steals the CE and makes any faction or name specific effect to yuuzhan vong. Including piolt.