RegisterDonateLogin

It's what's for dinner...in space.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
Kaxel Vofer
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:54:47 AM
Groups: Member

I love the Empire, I wish this set contain more Unique Imperial Commanders, greettings.
dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:36:00 PM

new info added to post 1
Hydrowhip
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:11:59 AM

So I'm happy to see master Thon joining the mix. Firstly because I collect OR, and would assume he will be in that faction. And secondly, because he will be either a huge or at the very least a large and this will add some more depth to the game-play.

Questions is, however, what mini would we use for him? A Reek painted green? Maybe something might fit from the D&D sets, as they share base sizes with SW minis?

Or do we go out a build a custom? Not sure if a triceratops or a Styracosaurus model would even be appropriate.
UK Model
Maybe the UK model, minus its main horn and with some green highlights? Its only 5 1/2 inches, should fit a huge base. Or are people thinking he should be a large Base?
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:24:30 AM

Assuming the RM will be a Boma for Master Thon.
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:27:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Demosthenes wrote:
Assuming the RM will be a Boma for Master Thon.

That is what has been stated by billiv15.
Mandelmauler
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:14:21 PM

dreadtech wrote:
New info 22, Jan 2011
There will be 29 unique characters with 19 of them being new never seen before unique to the SWM game.

Unfortunately, that means 10 reprints. Here's looking at another Vader and Luke. LOL

Joking. A few well done reprints are always welcome. Looking forward to all of the future sets. Keep up the good work.
billiv15
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:53:11 PM

Hydrowhip wrote:
So I'm happy to see master Thon joining the mix. Firstly because I collect OR, and would assume he will be in that faction. And secondly, because he will be either a huge or at the very least a large and this will add some more depth to the game-play.

Questions is, however, what mini would we use for him? A Reek painted green? Maybe something might fit from the D&D sets, as they share base sizes with SW minis?

Or do we go out a build a custom? Not sure if a triceratops or a Styracosaurus model would even be appropriate.
UK Model
Maybe the UK model, minus its main horn and with some green highlights? Its only 5 1/2 inches, should fit a huge base. Or are people thinking he should be a large Base?

I was tempted to repaint a Reek for Thon, but I'd also have to rebase him. He's a large character, not a huge. The Boma was the only reasonable option, as we also used it for the Voxyn, it shouldn't be an issue since playing the two together would be a rare occurrence.

Also regarding reprints, nearly all of them came straight from the community desires, so if you don't like them, you can place the blame squarely on your friends :)

And finally, yes, there is a Luke and a Vader in this set. Dennis has been trying to hint about the Vader for quite some time, but no one seems to catch onto what his name is.
Kaxel Vofer
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 2:12:13 AM

How many Imperial minis will have this set???, greettings.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 10:43:53 AM

billiv15 wrote:

I was tempted to repaint a Reek for Thon, but I'd also have to rebase him. He's a large character, not a huge. The Boma was the only reasonable option, as we also used it for the Voxyn, it shouldn't be an issue since playing the two together would be a rare occurrence.

Ok thanks, works for me. Thanks for the feedback. ThumbsUp
dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:03:13 PM

New Info added to post 1
Azman
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:37:53 PM

Is it just me... ???

or cant you wait either !!!

bring them on
Sashlon
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:43:38 PM

Darth Vader, Agent of EvilDrool
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:56:46 PM

Sashlon wrote:
Darth Vader, Agent of EvilDrool

Finally, someone gets it :)
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 12:25:29 AM

I'm glad to see the Slayers are making an appearance. Shimraa will feel right at home. (now looking for Onimi...)
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 12:14:43 AM

I'm very excited about Vset 2, Rogues & Renegades. I was very critical about DOTF until I saw the finished product, and it won me over big time. That is why I'm positive R&R will be another fine set. That being said. I am a little confused as to why we need another Rebel Luke, and another Imp Vader. There are many good rebel Lukes already such as Rebel Commando Luke, Hoth Pilot, Champion of The Force Luke. The same goes for Vader, there is Lord Vader, Legacy Vader, Scourge of the Jedi, Vader Unleashed. I would have thought that if you were going to release a new Luke and Vader that Luke would have been NR, because we only have 2 right now, and they are hardly worth using, and perhaps making a Sith Vader.

I do like the sound of Darth Vader Agent of Evil however. I'm staying positive. I'm just a little confused by your tactics.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 2:35:14 AM

Just because a lot of Imp Vaders and Rebel Lukes have been done doesn't mean that the new ones we're getting will fit the same niche that those ones do. I'm sure whatever new Vader or Luke we get will fill a different role from any other Vaders or Lukes we already have.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 2:39:29 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Just because a lot of Imp Vaders and Rebel Lukes have been done doesn't mean that the new ones we're getting will fit the same niche that those ones do. I'm sure whatever new Vader or Luke we get will fill a different role from any other Vaders or Lukes we already have.

I'd like to see Luke from Tattooine and from Bespin. We have a lot of Lukes but six of the 14 Rebel Lukes come from either Hoth or the last battle with Vader in RotJ.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 2:41:49 AM

Quick note on recommended minis... I know Darth Vader, Dark Jedi is one of the worst ones so he's prime for a re-stat, but please don't use him for Darth Vader, Agent of Evil. It's the one without a lit lightsaber, so it needs to be saved for a version of Vader without a hand (right before pitching the Emperor).

(Here's my version of that, but I'm sure the committee would do a better job:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/717/anakin-skywalker--redeemed )
billiv15
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 4:52:27 AM

theultrastar wrote:
I would have thought that if you were going to release a new Luke and Vader that Luke would have been NR, because we only have 2 right now, and they are hardly worth using, and perhaps making a Sith Vader.

I do like the sound of Darth Vader Agent of Evil however. I'm staying positive. I'm just a little confused by your tactics.

There are iconic Luke's and Vaders, that haven't been made. There are also ideas about how Luke and Vader worked with their groups that haven't been made.

As for Vader being made in the Sith faction - I really really don't think it will ever happen. It makes very little sense IMO. The Imperials are a Sith faction already, they simply represent the time frame from Palps rise until his fall. Darth Vader only exists within Palps rule. I know WotC expanded that into the Legacy era, but its not hard to see that the Legacy era figures almost universally do not fully fit into their factions :)
LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 5:36:09 AM

This would be a great set to make Princess Leia, Slave and Jabba's Rancor, as well as new incarnations of some bounty hunters. But why is it called "Renegades and Rogues" instead of "Scum and Villainy"?