RegisterDonateLogin

I'm Mon Mothma, and I approve this website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MOTF Spoiler, If you don't want to know, please don't get in Options
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:58:45 AM
Groups: Member

carnorjax1 wrote:
Falconjo wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:
PhageLab wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:
If we're getting Visionaries Grievous, maybe we'll get cyborg Maul as well

Well that would be flippin sweet, but I just can't see it happening.

BigGrin I know, it'd be kinda cool though. I don't think they should even make any more OR figs in the new set. The faction is just too bad beyond repair to even waste slots on figs. Maybe if they made Lord Hoth people would be happy, but otherwise, there's no point making figs the fans don't want for the team. Vong, NR, Sith, and Mandos all have the potential to be great if they get maybe one solid figure for the team. (other then an un/c)

no im pretty sure all the factions would be good well at least playable if they got a Reiken piece...Im not saying it should happen, because im not (personally i think it was a mistake to make him in the first place but oh well) but at least it make things playable.

Still not convinced even a Riekaan piece would help the OR, they just don't have enough options. Riekaan allows for alot of cool builds, and makes it so the only teams we see out there aren't Republic and Seps.

The faction doesnt need riekan, the rebels didnt need him either. He does bring a lot of options to their faction though. What the OR needs is a good movement breaker. Look at the top 3 factions, Rebels have Luke RC, k3po troop carts. Imperials have 2 thrawn swaps. Republic has swap and doombot.

If the OR could get their hands on some form of movement breaker that would halp them more than stupid Evade-Mobile. Give them a piece with levitate and they will get much better.

The OR faction is tier 1. Even if its low tier 1 they have the biggest damage dealer in game with Atton, some of the best non-uniques (JBM, Watchmen, Crusader, Sentenial, Guardian) and one of the better commanders in the Exile. They can build around a lot of good shooters and have their beefy non-uniques slow down the advance of enemies.

The faction is waiting for 1 good CE or ability that is unique to the faction to make them really powerfull. And please dont make it evade+mobile
Roque Saber
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:01:53 AM

Weeks wrote:

If the OR could get their hands on some form of movement breaker that would halp them more than stupid Evade-Mobile. Give them a piece with levitate and they will get much better.

The OR faction is tier 1. Even if its low tier 1 they have the biggest damage dealer in game with Atton, some of the best non-uniques (JBM, Watchmen, Crusader, Sentenial, Guardian) and one of the better commanders in the Exile. They can build around a lot of good shooters and have their beefy non-uniques slow down the advance of enemies.

The faction is waiting for 1 good CE or ability that is unique to the faction to make them really powerful. And please dont make it evade+mobile

QFT. It seems that a lot (if not all!) of the secondary factions are waiting for that "1 piece" that will make them unique and boost them into competition with the big factions.
PhageLab
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:19:31 AM

I just got Atton this week, I never looked at him before, he is actually really good. I'd like a tempo piece personally, but I do like your idea of a movement breaker.
carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:23:22 AM

It just seems like the OR have no team synergy, and nothing to boost their characters enough to make them good. If they got a Thrawn like piece, they would be playable. Other factions just need a tiny boost to be great. If they got a piece that killed speed or let you hit strafing opponents with flight, they would be played alot more.
homestar45
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:25:08 AM

I'm going to have to agree with Weeks. The Old Republic just need one, maybe two things to push them over the edge into being competitive. They have lots of good pieces, but only a few good commander effects.
erictedders
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 6:11:41 PM

Yeah, or a superb beatstick like Luke (but brought down a notch so it costs less than 100). Lord Hoth with a new commander effect that makes OR unique would be a great touch. Make the OR more than a bunch of characters we enjoyed playing in video games and put some power into them. What often gets brushed aside are the story details that make Light Side powers unique. For example, Nomi could use battle meditation to influence her enemies to fight each other. Imagine making a Master of Battle Meditation power that forced enemies within 6 squares of "Character's Name" to save 6 or attack the closest ally. That'd be pretty game changing and downright useful for OR.
Dravin9
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:30:14 AM

PLO KOON!!!!!! BigGrin ThumbsUpWoot My absolute favorite jedi! Finally!!
kezzamachine
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:11:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

So, less than three weeks out and we have no stats on anyone?! (Apart from X-X-X-X for Ani Spirit...)
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:46:10 AM

kezzamachine wrote:
So, less than three weeks out and we have no stats on anyone?! (Apart from X-X-X-X for Ani Spirit...)

Wizards has been fairly good at preventing leaks for this last set. While I'm ravenous for new stats, I'm still pleasantly surprised at that.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:35:49 AM

I'm predicting that there are no previews and maybe 1 or 2 leaks then we all open our packs and cases and we get disapointed. :(
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:49:29 AM

Uggie Demo wrote:
I'm predicting that there are no previews and maybe 1 or 2 leaks then we all open our packs and cases and we get disapointed. :(

This wouldn't surprise me. Dark Times was the first case I ever pre-ordered and loved it. But this set, I am strangely worried that ordering a case will not be worth it and that the minis will suck.

I'm certainly not interested in having 4 each of the dejarik monsters...
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:10:55 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

wannabe mexican wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:

This wouldn't surprise me. Dark Times was the first case I ever pre-ordered and loved it. But this set, I am strangely worried that ordering a case will not be worth it and that the minis will suck.

Different strokes. I am excited on having a bunch of Dejarik Monstes.
Emissary
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:33:33 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:

Wow....just wow........
Bantha_Rawk
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:48:13 AM

Sithborg wrote:

So am I, depending on rarity and stats I'm gonna want anywhere from 4-8 of each...
carnorjax1
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:06:54 AM

Bantha_Rawk wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

So am I, depending on rarity and stats I'm gonna want anywhere from 4-8 of each...
Unless WOTC includes a fold out holo dejarik board for display purposes, I will try to avoid collecting those critters, it'd be strange fielding them with regular figs, and they will most likely suck. But a holodejarik map on the back of the set poster would be kinda cool. BigGrin
thodafett
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:23:59 AM

I want to get this set here in hand, so I can move on to other things. It is so weird to think that this is it from Wotc. Oh well, it has been a fun almost 6 years, and I have never enjoyed anothe CMG the way I have this one. But on a side it will be nice not to have 3 forums to check out daily, and deal with all the anxiety of waiting for my case to arrive for each set. It has been a great run, and I am interested to see what else Wotc has in store for us with the 18 or so pieces we know nothing about at this point. I may even check out the virtual sets from time to time as well, I am sure the guys on Gamers are going to do a wonderful job!
Hydrowhip
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:13:43 PM

The best part about the dejarik pieces are that they can be blank slates. Who will argue if they give a Monnok dejarik the disruptuve special ability?

I would think no one will cry that it breaks continuity. Or give the Kintan strider 200 hps and regen 30. Its could be fun, and I thinks its safe to assume they will not occupy the R or VR spots.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:44:15 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Are these supposed to be holograms or the creatures that the holograms depict?
DarthKurt
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:38:50 PM

homestar45 wrote:
Yeah a sith Vader would be sweet. I'll also add that he should have cyborg. Although we all know that's too much to ask.

Although I agree a Sith Vader would be cool, he is too stong in the (life) Force to be considered a cyborg.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 12:00:01 AM

Sith Vader would be cool, but I think Anakin will be republic and Vader will be just DARTH VADER to represent the beginning and end of the game for the Empire. Where can i find any pictures of the minis?