RegisterDonateLogin

It's exactly what it sounds like.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MOTF Spoiler, If you don't want to know, please don't get in Options
PhageLab
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 10:45:36 AM
Groups: Member

I had seriously given up on ever seeing another Plo Koon. This makes my day. Now if we get Demagol and at least 1 or 2 non unique Mandos I will be super happy.
Lachesis
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 10:45:40 AM

i guess thats where we differ, in my world Boba fett escaped the sarlacc pit and chewbacca hit crushed by a moon.

episodes 1-6 were a waste of my time. he is the worst thing For star wars. Its stupid that the stories of star wars range from 30000 years but the only part anyone cares about is 50 years of absolute crap.

I BLAME THE FANS

AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 10:54:07 AM

Lachesis wrote:
i guess thats where we differ, in my world Boba fett escaped the sarlacc pit and chewbacca hit crushed by a moon.

episodes 1-6 were a waste of my time. he is the worst thing For star wars. Its stupid that the stories of star wars range from 30000 years but the only part anyone cares about is 50 years of absolute crap.

I BLAME THE FANS

Is this for real?
Lachesis
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 10:55:45 AM

i guess.
yodaccm
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 10:56:28 AM

At least George Lucas wasn't personally responsible for the following:

Clone Emperor
Callista
Waru
Admiral Daala
Lord Nyax
everything after NJO
constant reemergence of long lost Sith lords and clans

The list could continue

AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 10:59:51 AM

Lachesis wrote:

I BLAME THE FANS

You do realize we owe the entire EU to the movies, especially 4-6? Your above comment is absurd.

Without the movies you wouldn't have any of the great Star Wars Universe.

"The EU must follow certain tenets set by George through the films and other guidelines that he provides outside of the films."

Leland Chee
saeseetiin
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 11:08:58 AM

Lachesis wrote:

I BLAME THE FANS

How can you even say this and call yourself a Star Wars fan IMO your post is absolute crap.
Draconarius
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 11:11:22 AM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
"The EU must follow certain tenets set by George through the films and other guidelines that he provides outside of the films."

Leland Chee

Some of which, he simply takes too far. I don't begrude GL the right to dictate certain things to those involved in the EU, but he really should know when to step back. Ordering them not to kill off Luke is one example. KOTOR and Legacy have proved that Star Wars can exist and work wonderfully without him.
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 11:17:33 AM

Draconarius wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

Leland Chee

Some of which, he simply takes too far. I don't begrude GL the right to dictate certain things to those involved in the EU, but he really should know when to step back. Ordering them not to kill off Luke is one example. KOTOR and Legacy have proved that Star Wars can exist and work wonderfully without him.

But did it really work without him? Sure, GL isn't directly involved, but it's all built upon what he did back in 77. I doubt KotOR would have done as well were it generic Sci-Fi and not Star Wars related.
Lachesis
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 12:08:28 PM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
Draconarius wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

Leland Chee

But did it really work without him? Sure, GL isn't directly involved, but it's all built upon what he did back in 77. I doubt KotOR would have done as well were it generic Sci-Fi and not Star Wars related.

have u played mass effect?

JUST WONDERING HAVE YOU

cause thats the kotor dudes making a game not based on starwars
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 12:27:46 PM

Lachesis wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
Draconarius wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

Leland Chee

have u played mass effect?

JUST WONDERING HAVE YOU

cause thats the kotor dudes making a game not based on starwars

So you're saying the "Star Wars" on KotOR wasn't significant in its success? RollEyes
Lachesis
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 12:32:55 PM

im saying that game was amazing and that the game would have been secessfull none the less

it was 2003 game of the year. weather star war was in the name or not
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 12:36:40 PM

Lachesis wrote:
im saying that game was amazing and that the game would have been secessfull none the less

it was 2003 game of the year. weather star war was in the name or not

And that BS is my cue to take my leave of this vein of the thread.

Anyways, I don't think Lando is that ugly. The 501st Stormie was slightly better than the pic, so if Lando is slightly better than that pic i'll be ok.
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 1:46:07 PM

finally was able to see the pics!Woot

anyways, the tiin looks SWEET! (from the CW movies where he jumps into space; i predict hell have flight like FlObi)

also, for y'all who think the rodian and rebel guy is a non-unique, note stuff that makes them "unique:. note the rodian's nice top class clothes (maybe a rodian noble? i first thought drexl roosh but i just laughed at myself...) and also note the rebel commando's face and his high pulled up socks (or whatever tehy are...hmmm....)

as for lando, thats a ghetto pose IMO, and the han looks like he got burned badly on his face, lol. :P

as for plo koon, his pose reminds me of the CS aayla secura! BigGrin
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 1:50:13 PM

Lachesis wrote:

I BLAME THE FANS

...Mellow
There's...There's just nothing that can respond to this adaquetly.

Lachesis, why are you even here?
Draconarius
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 2:25:19 PM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
Draconarius wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

Leland Chee

Just for the record: I was talking about Star Wars working without Luke, not GL.

Of course, after seeing the abominations that are the Clone Wars movie/show, I'm fast becoming of the opinion that Star Wars as a whole would be better off if GL retired. Yes, he did start everything, but Star Wars as a whole is quickly outgrowing him.
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 3:07:35 PM

Lachesis wrote:

I BLAME THE FANS

You realize if Lucas never had the thought of star wars or created it none of the EU would ever exist. Lucas created this, someone else picked up the story and continued it.

Thomas Edison doesnt invent the lightbulb we are 50-100 years behind on technology.

George lucas doesnt invent Star Wars. We debate Star Trek instead of playing minis.

Lets also not forget that everyone and their brother knows who Darth Vader, Luke, Han, Leia, Yoda, and Obi-wan are. So that is why we have a lot of those characters, its not george lucas sitting on his ranch trying to find ways to agrivate you.

Also I find it interesting how everyone was like "oh man we need updates to CS jedi they really suck and are cool characters" now we get them and we get "oh man they already have characters lets get some new ones like A or B."

If you really have an issue with that go over to gamers and tell the V set guys what characters you want to see in some V sets.

Do that instead of complaining about the creater of the universe we are even talking about.
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 3:31:19 PM

IG-108 wrote:
Lachesis wrote:

I BLAME THE FANS

...Mellow
There's...There's just nothing that can respond to this adaquetly.

Lachesis, why are you even here?

lol, you cant blame the fans. without fans the game and SW in general would die o.O
erictedders
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 4:07:47 PM

I'm with everyone that thinks more republic and rebel add on's are a waste. I'm sick to the gills with republic jedi's. That's the one faction that could stand to be left alone. And there are enough Vader's and Han's out there to satisfy any collector that wanted to see han in every movie costume he appears in.

I agree that capitalists stick with what sells, but we have almost every mainstream figure there was to make.

However, I disagree that EU's can't be ludicrously lucrative. Give them unique and interesting abilities and force powers that change the game, like a wrist cable that works like a force corruption but instead activates you every turn you can't make the save instead of doing damage and then everyone will want a (fill in the blank) from the (EU) faction. People don't just play this game to collect, they also play the game for the game.

Instead we keep getting more steaming greater mobile double twin added to the abilities manure pile. Interesting gameplay is just as important as getting figures out that people will like.

Anyway, that's my piece to say. Cassus Fett and Demagol with the right creativity worked into their abilities would sell just as hot as Boba if they made the game fun to play again.
erictedders
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 4:32:07 PM

oooh, I know, here's a must have. Ewok with Cell Phone. Think about it guys. It's a winner.