RegisterDonateLogin

Recommends never trying to milk a rancor.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MOTF Spoiler, If you don't want to know, please don't get in Options
Lachesis
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 5:35:40 PM
Groups: Member

am i the only person that hopes that there are just really well made customs. as far as ive seen im just 4 rare spots closer to disapointment
Doogle126
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 6:41:45 PM

Sigh, last set and they never even made the aat
Mandalorien
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 8:34:07 PM

Thanks a lot for these pics sdexam !

Can you give more informations about their Source (as complementary information for my website... did you photograph the pics yourself) ?

Anyway, this is a really great !

Cheers

Mandalorien a.k.a. Starfighter
lukey84
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 12:37:43 AM

im going to assume that those are all uniques and that they are absolutely awesome stat/ability wise.
homestar45
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 1:42:55 AM

I'm not so much ticked that there are three unique spots (at least) taken up by republic, as I play them. I'm more annoyed that this is the last set and we're getting reprints of old characters. Granted I want to see some of the lesser factions get support and those three spots to a bigger faction that would be ok if the game ended tomorrow just baffles me. But, I digress.

I can at least be happy that the reprints are people who need them.
Piratepastor
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 2:37:35 AM

If I am remembering correctly, the license for wizards isn't up until August. Do you think WotC would put out a few "map pack" type boosters with some final characters that would help supplement some of the smaller factions??
thodafett
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 3:06:18 AM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
thodafett wrote:
You know after 5 1/2 years and shelling out thousands of bucks on this game, it would have been really nice of Wotc to come and offer us, the fans a chance to design part of the last set. Yes I know, this set list has existed for at least the last year, and when it was made, they didn't know for sure that it was going to be the last set, blah blah blah, but they could have handled this so much better. We could have had a poll and the top 8 uniques could have gone in the set, and the top 12 non unique and they could have choosen the rest, but NO!! we get more Rodians, Battle droids, Rebel Commandos, and the bird! Thanks Wotc for being such a class act.

You answer exactly why I would say your request is/was unreasonable. Why should they have treated it like a last set if they didn't think or know it was gonna be one? I don't think they could have handled it much better, unless you want people to have voted for all the sets, maybe that would have made sense. But, as much as I dislike how wizards has handled the game overall, they are totaly excused IMO for not treating this like you think the last set should have been handled.

BTW, thanks for whoever said first that was Saesee Tiin. I thought it was a Mando!

Sorry good AdmiralBigGrin , but we are going to have to agree to disagree here on some things. I agree such an idea would have been hard to accomplish, though not impossible, they have done it with DDM for their Gencon champs.

All I have to say for myself is I am rolling in my own self pity realizing that the end is here for official versions of some characters I really had hope to see. It is a real sad day to realize that not one of my top 50 "missing" pieces looks to be in this set. Granted it is my own personal list and everyone's list will vary, but I don't think wanting a Palleon, Daala, Ben Skywalker, At-st Driver etc are that obscure. Granted there are still a few spots left, so we shall see, but I am already set on them not being there.

Excuse my personal dissapointment, and I will post with less emotion in the future, as more pieces from Motf are revealed to us.
thodafett
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 3:07:50 AM

Piratepastor wrote:
If I am remembering correctly, the license for wizards isn't up until August. Do you think WotC would put out a few "map pack" type boosters with some final characters that would help supplement some of the smaller factions??

Sadly No, we would know about them by now, there is no information on anything in any of our distributors websites or magazines, we would need to know by now, as the License ends in May.
Squid89
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 3:08:07 AM

homestar45 wrote:
I'm not so much ticked that there are three unique spots (at least) taken up by republic, as I play them. I'm more annoyed that this is the last set and we're getting reprints of old characters. Granted I want to see some of the lesser factions get support and those three spots to a bigger faction that would be ok if the game ended tomorrow just baffles me. But, I digress.

When the set was being developed about a year or so ago, remakes of the Republic Jedi were high on many people's request lists. Granted the "lesser factions" have been up there all along, too. I'm not fully convinced the designers really knew this was the last set when putting it all together so am not looking for a "big finish" as it is just another set (from a design point of view). I could be wrong, but guys like Plo Koon and Saesee saw a resurgence in popularity with the animated series (which matches the sculpts) around the same time the design crew would be developing the set list.

Sure, there are plenty of things I would prefer to see since it is the last set, but I'm not very disappointed with what I've learned about the set list so far.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 3:36:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Please, Peter knew it was the end. Dark Times and MOTF was there because of their contract.
sdexam
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 3:43:01 AM

I just find the pic on a seller's listing anyway, here is another one.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 3:49:10 AM

Someone seriously needs to e-mail him for what is on the bottoms. Name, rarity, faction, set number.
Glympse
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 3:50:17 AM

Yay... another Han as well. This blows! Playing minis sucks unless you're Rebels, Republic, or Seps.
Nynja
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 4:14:08 AM

What happened, I think, was that MANY of the minis that were SUPPOSED to go in the Galaxy at War set got switched over here. Generals, soldiers, etc.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 4:16:23 AM

Nynja wrote:
What happened, I think, was that MANY of the minis that were SUPPOSED to go in the Galaxy at War set got switched over here. Generals, soldiers, etc.

That does make sense.
lukey84
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 4:16:29 AM

han looks like he got the same face lift as dr evazan
Mandalorien
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 5:24:28 AM

sdexam wrote:
I just find the pic on a seller's listing anyway, here is another one.

Ok, Thanks a lot.

Nice find with this one too ! Smile

Cheers

Mandalorien a.k.a. Starfighter
Eroschilles
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 6:44:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

homestar45 wrote:

I agree. BigGrin
Cordova
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 7:01:53 AM

Well we've got:
Vader - Imperial
Anakin Spirit - Rebel
Freedon Nadd - Sith
Han Solo - Rebel/NR/Fringe
Lando - Rebel/NR/Fringe
Mace Windu - Republic
Saesee Tiin - Republic
Plo Koon - Republic
Pre-cyborg Grievious - Seps/Fringe
Cay Quel Droma - OR
Yoda (Spirit??) - Republic (Rebel)
8 dejarick characters
Rodian (Onaconda Farr?)
Rebel Commando
Battle Droid Officer??

Either way, that's 22 of 40, and 11 character that will probably be R/VR out of 16...

Lets hope for some NR in those then...
CC-23478
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 7:07:50 AM

I am more dissapointed with the reactions I'm seeing in this thread than I am the set...while I have no desire for another Han or Vader, I am astounded by what some people are saying.

I've read countless posts and comments about needing new CS Jedi, and we get them, and people are upset, and then saying "we need reprints of ugnaughts and Mouse droids."

I have no mouse droids and no desire to get them.

I have 3 ugnaughts and no desire to use them.

The units that people want so they can win torunaments with no sport, pieces like Mass Amedda and Mouse Droids and Uggnaughts, are the pieces that, a few years from now, no one will want.

Face it people, without company support the tournaments WILL die.

And what will be left is the people like me who play for fun. People who use battle droids and who use Jedi with clone troopers rather than Obi-wan and ugnaughts...

I want to see what will be used for a long time, not what will feed peoples insatiable desire to win at the cost of fun.