RegisterDonateLogin

Could still beat you with 1 Doombot tied behind its back.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MOTF Spoiler, If you don't want to know, please don't get in Options
thodafett
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 11:02:29 AM
Groups: Member

You know after 5 1/2 years and shelling out thousands of bucks on this game, it would have been really nice of Wotc to come and offer us, the fans a chance to design part of the last set. Yes I know, this set list has existed for at least the last year, and when it was made, they didn't know for sure that it was going to be the last set, blah blah blah, but they could have handled this so much better. We could have had a poll and the top 8 uniques could have gone in the set, and the top 12 non unique and they could have choosen the rest, but NO!! we get more Rodians, Battle droids, Rebel Commandos, and the bird! Thanks Wotc for being such a class act.
thodafett
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 11:05:31 AM

On the bright side of things for the Rpg, I can set all my settings on Rodia and Kashyyyk and I am good to go!!!(sarcasm people, sarcasm!) I would like to know who at Wotc or LFL has the hard on for Wookies and Rodians, In a galaxy of a million worlds and 100's of species to choose from we get the same 2 or 3 every blasted set. With an occasional new species sprinkled in. I have to admit I am glad Wotc is done with this game, they really aren't in touch with their customer.
homestar45
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 11:06:36 AM

Yeah I'm not real happy that republic is taking up at least two spots on the unique end (when this is the last set), but at least if they're going to do it it's nice to see they chose Plo And Tiin. They are two pieces that desperately needed a reprint. But then again I think it would be wrong not to represent every faction when this is closing minis out.
carnorjax1
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 11:08:46 AM

Very true. "Hey, lets take our top faction who has been getting love for the past 4 sets, and give them even more pieces!" "And rather then reprint pieces people use like Ugnaughts and Mouse Droids, let's remake battle droids and Rebel Commandos no one uses!"
thodafett
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 11:10:45 AM

homestar45 wrote:
Yeah I'm not real happy that republic is taking up at least two spots on the unique end (when this is the last set), but at least if they're going to do it it's nice to see they chose Plo And Tiin. They are two pieces that desperately needed a reprint. But then again I think it would be wrong not to represent every faction when this is closing minis out.

Don't forget Mace, that is 3 republic jedi, and maybe Yoda as well(could be Rebel). Though I am a little agitated at the moment due to some other choices that were made, I don't begrudge Plo or Tiin, they haven't been seen since Clonestrike and their original pieces really sucked. We haven't had a Mace since Bounty Hunters, so he is due as well. Tiin looks great! I wonder if we will get a new Mundi, he is the other Republic Jedi I wouldn't mind see getting a new piece. Though every Unique means there is less and less room for the NR and Mando Uniques I would rather have....
carnorjax1
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 11:17:27 AM

Just plain disappointing. More rehashed characters taking up space, and the rest willl be Republic, while the other teams get no love.
thodafett
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 11:22:29 AM

All we need now are some more clones, and a Nikto Soldier reprint. While you are at, why not a Wookie Diplomat and Trandoshan Diplomat, that can just sit and glare at each other across the board since they can't attack each other at the moment. Let's drop in the Holo Monsters for good measure, and here have your 80th Darth Vader while you are at it! Seriously rethinking my case purchase at the moment.
obsidian7788
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 12:00:08 PM

well gents when i win the lottery i will reinstate minis in its wizards format and it WILL be better
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 12:02:35 PM

obsidian7788 wrote:
well gents when i win the lottery i will reinstate minis in its wizards format and it WILL be better

I love the "when", not "if". LOL LOL LOL
Lobar Aybock
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 12:14:23 PM

Well, I've been hoping for a Plo Koon redo and the Saesi Tiin is awesome lookin.' I hope to see a Ki Adi Mundi too.

Yeah, the BDO and the Commando are meh. But is the Rodian a unique?
IG-108
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 12:36:08 PM

Yes! I knew that the blurry image of the Jedi with the blue lightsaber on the side of pre-cyborg Grievous's box was Plo Koon!
The new Tiin looks amazing in the battle armor.
The battle droid could be one of 5 versions:
1. Battle Droid Officer reprint: would not be a bad reprint since it's a staple in Sep droid squads and it's really hard to get one now since it's only avaliable in Clone Strike
2. Battle Droid Sergent: we really don't need a reprint of this already. Especially if it's the last set.
3. Battle Droid Commander
4. Battle Droid Lieutenant
5. OOM-9

The last two are entirely possible since it seems like all battle droids who had some sort of rank had yellow markings on them. However, OOM-9 would be interesting because it would be the very first unique battle droid ever.
obsidian7788
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 12:45:24 PM

creme_brule wrote:
obsidian7788 wrote:

I love the "when", not "if". LOL LOL LOL

well when u add the if its a possibility it won't happen. these things you must will them to happen.
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 12:49:17 PM

Bantha_Rawk wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
i dont see any pictures...Crying

Right click on the red "x" and hit show picture, it should work...

there is no even red x...Confused Confused Confused
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 1:13:04 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Seriously, bemoaning more Republic JEDI in a set called Masters of the Force???

They do have the most well known Jedi. I swear, I can understand some of the complaints due to this being the last set, but my god, your expectations are way, way to high.
brennan
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 1:33:14 PM

I you look in the Customs you see many requests for OR and NR and Sith. Sheesh i wouldnt mind one or two jedi from Rep. but it looks like there will be ten!!!!
Squid89
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 1:57:30 PM

Thanks for posting the pics. ThumpUp

Could be interesting depending on the stats. Curious to see if Lando finally gets a faction besides Fringe.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 2:54:48 PM

where did you get the pics???
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 3:07:32 PM

thodafett wrote:
You know after 5 1/2 years and shelling out thousands of bucks on this game, it would have been really nice of Wotc to come and offer us, the fans a chance to design part of the last set. Yes I know, this set list has existed for at least the last year, and when it was made, they didn't know for sure that it was going to be the last set, blah blah blah, but they could have handled this so much better. We could have had a poll and the top 8 uniques could have gone in the set, and the top 12 non unique and they could have choosen the rest, but NO!! we get more Rodians, Battle droids, Rebel Commandos, and the bird! Thanks Wotc for being such a class act.

You answer exactly why I would say your request is/was unreasonable. Why should they have treated it like a last set if they didn't think or know it was gonna be one? I don't think they could have handled it much better, unless you want people to have voted for all the sets, maybe that would have made sense. But, as much as I dislike how wizards has handled the game overall, they are totaly excused IMO for not treating this like you think the last set should have been handled.

BTW, thanks for whoever said first that was Saesee Tiin. I thought it was a Mando!
tonythetoyman
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 5:07:02 PM

Thanks for these photos! If you have these figures in your possession (or know who does), can we get pics of the bottoms so we can know their faction and rarity (or, even if you/they can take a look and tell us, that would be super)? May not be possible, but I thought it was worth asking just in case. Thanks again!
Doogle126
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 5:11:40 PM

Great, looks like more crappily sculpted figs, i dont even want plo koon... and he's my favorite jedi.