RegisterDonateLogin

With extended sensor.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MOTF Spoiler, If you don't want to know, please don't get in Options
Saronian
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:42:28 AM
Groups: Member

Which means 23 out of 40 models, of which 13 or so are confirmed as being who they are, right?
PhageLab
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:44:03 AM

Bantha_Rawk wrote:
PhageLab wrote:
Where did it say we were getting Vader?

In here...

Ugh. Ani AND Vader? How redundant. Reminds me of A&E. Maybe the last 3 spots will all be Vader.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:58:48 AM

I wouldn't consider it redundant considering that they're different factions.
PhageLab
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 6:13:45 AM

Wait, do you think it will be a Sith Vader? That would actually be awesome...
Saronian
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 7:36:14 AM

Either that or they go Infinities and make him Rebel.
homestar45
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 7:43:32 AM

Yeah a sith Vader would be sweet. I'll also add that he should have cyborg. Although we all know that's too much to ask.
homestar45
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 7:44:43 AM

Or Affinity to Luke. I think that'd be more likely then Rebel, and even then they may be stretching it a little.
jacko
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 7:50:27 AM

g'day folksBigGrin

(first post, play nice)

I could be wrong, (in fact its quiet likely), but in previous sets I think we got three front pictures on the boosters from three different factions.

If I'm right, and if the same trend still holds then mace would be rep, han could be rebel, NR or fringe and grievious would be imp or fringe.

However that means that you can't have both han and grievious as fringe, heads or tails folks, which would you rather? bear in mind it could still be neither.
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 8:31:52 AM

jacko wrote:
g'day folksBigGrin

(first post, play nice)

I could be wrong, (in fact its quiet likely), but in previous sets I think we got three front pictures on the boosters from three different factions.

If I'm right, and if the same trend still holds then mace would be rep, han could be rebel, NR or fringe and grievious would be imp or fringe.

However that means that you can't have both han and grievious as fringe, heads or tails folks, which would you rather? bear in mind it could still be neither.

Don't you mean Grievous would be Sep or Fringe?
And the logic of the box pics does not always hold true. Clone Strike, Clone Wars, Galaxy at War, Imperial Entanglements, Revenge of the Sith, and Alliance and Empire all have at least two pack pics from the same faction. Other than those sets, your logic does hold true.

I think it's more likely that pre-cyborg Grievous is fringe than Han being fringe. While it would be nice (and possible) for them both to be fringe, I think Grievous is the more likely choice while Han will be put with rebels once again.
Cordova
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 8:43:13 AM

With a name like General Han Solo, I hope he has NR affinity....
Oscarlindo
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 3:31:48 PM

homestar45 wrote:
Yeah a sith Vader would be sweet. I'll also add that he should have cyborg. Although we all know that's too much to ask.

LOL LOL Flapper LOL LOL Sith Vader No way never,sorry guys that will never happen
jacko
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 4:11:26 PM

terribly sorry. i promise never to speak again.BlooMilk
Bantha_Rawk
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 8:17:58 AM

IG-108 wrote:

I think it's more likely that pre-cyborg Grievous is fringe than Han being fringe. While it would be nice (and possible) for them both to be fringe, I think Grievous is the more likely choice while Han will be put with rebels once again.

General Han Solo will not be fringe...
IG-108
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 8:38:21 AM

jacko wrote:
terribly sorry. i promise never to speak again.BlooMilk

That's not really the point I was trying to get across at all...
erictedders
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 9:41:06 AM

I hope the new Darth Vader gets a new ability or force power, something creative and true to his character. A "Throw Debris" force power would be excellent. Or you know how Han shoots at him and he just sticks his hand out and catches the shots. It would be cool if he could do something like that. Corran Horn style but with some sort of dark side twist.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 10:56:08 AM

I dont believe the pre-grievous will be Sep, since he was not involved with any of that. Hopefully WOTC wont screw up and forget to make sure they write (counts as character whose named contains grievous). I am just not sure what they will put on his card for stats to make him fun to play, Melee Reach 2? Blaster 10? Cleave, Momentum, Mighty Swing, nothing in there feels that special or unique.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:31:59 AM

Personally I would say that the Fringe Grievous is going to be Sep. Even as a Kaleesh, Qymaen Jai Sheelil worked for San Hill and actually had his magnaguards back then too. There was nothing really fringe about him, unlike most other pieces such as Nym (who fought first against the republic and then for it and then against the empire) Qymaen only ever fought against Fringe (Huks) and the republic.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:10:16 AM

yea that makes sense, I just dont see what kind of stats he will have that will be that impressive at all, he didnt have control of droids yet at that point. No lightsabers, no cyborg, nothing
PhageLab
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:42:27 AM

Darth Grievous wrote:
yea that makes sense, I just dont see what kind of stats he will have that will be that impressive at all, he didnt have control of droids yet at that point. No lightsabers, no cyborg, nothing

He was a renowned Kaleesh leader, so I'm assuming he'll have some decent CEs. Perhaps a few unique SAs to demonstrate his efficiency as a killer as well.
Mandelmauler
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:58:51 AM

PhageLab wrote:
Darth Grievous wrote:

He was a renowned Kaleesh leader, so I'm assuming he'll have some decent CEs. Perhaps a few unique SAs to demonstrate his efficiency as a killer as well.

CE: Kaleesh Leader: All Kaleesh followers gain +8A and +50D (this damage is multiplied for a critical). All Kaleesh followers with Melee gain Accurate Shot.

Give me 2!ThumbsUp ThumbsUp