RegisterDonateLogin

Official beverage of the Boonta Eve Classic.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MOTF Spoiler, If you don't want to know, please don't get in Options
DarthReeves
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:41:40 AM
Groups: Member

Seems like we usually have at least a few stats nailed down this close to a release....sup with that?

Ohhhhh weeeeee What up with that? what up with that? I said what's uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup with that. What is up with that....
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:45:28 AM

Of course it's the final set that get's the secrecy. Wizards doesn't even care enough to give token stats to whet your appetite.
kevin187
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:05:00 AM

DarthReeves wrote:
Seems like we usually have at least a few stats nailed down this close to a release....sup with that?

Ohhhhh weeeeee What up with that? what up with that? I said what's uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup with that. What is up with that....

Haha darthy my boy. Love that skit.
brennan
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:06:34 AM

Well I bet we know the stats for Anakin Ghost: X
X
X
X

;)BigGrin
IG-108
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:24:02 AM

PhageLab wrote:
Darth Grievous wrote:
yea that makes sense, I just dont see what kind of stats he will have that will be that impressive at all, he didnt have control of droids yet at that point. No lightsabers, no cyborg, nothing

He was a renowned Kaleesh leader, so I'm assuming he'll have some decent CEs. Perhaps a few unique SAs to demonstrate his efficiency as a killer as well.

I hate to be a downer, but there is the chance that Kaleesh Grievous may not be as powerful as we hope he will be (though I hope he will be amazing). If Wizards does stick to Star Wars canon, Grievous was actually more powerful as a cyborg than he ever was when he was flesh and blood. Since none of the cyborg Grievous's have been incredibly amazing (GGDAC only counts for his CE. SotJ is kind of meh depending on how you use him), I hope that this will be one time that Wizards chooses not to stick to the canon.

On the flip side, he may keep a good CE, since that was his specialty. Maybe if we're lucky, he'll have a CE for both droids and living characters (just being hopeful).
TheStarkiller
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:49:43 AM

Personally, I am just hoping for a cheap (20-30 pts) disruptive fringe piece with a fun commander effect for pre-cyborg grievous. I think that would go a long way to evening out all of the factions without uber swap/opportunist/huge attack bonuses CE's that have been more and more prevalent over the past few sets.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:15:07 AM

So we are assuming that it is pre-cyborg Grievous based on this pic?

Could it be possible that it's Saes Rrogon?

Just thinking out loud since so many people think all the current Grievous minis stink and there's no way a pre-cyborg Grievous could be any good.

Confused
obsidian7788
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:49:13 AM

Hydrowhip wrote:

Just thinking out loud since so many people think all the current Grievous minis stink and there's no way a pre-cyborg Grievous could be any good.

Confused

couldn't be. i believe the set list was probably developed before the book.
IG-108
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:01:37 PM

Hydrowhip wrote:

Confused

There's no possible way it could be Saes (though that would be cool) because the picture on the box is exactly like the picture of pre-cyborg Grievous. Rifle, mask, clothes, and everything.
njarnagin
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:40:16 PM

TheStarkiller wrote:
Personally, I am just hoping for a cheap (20-30 pts) disruptive fringe piece with a fun commander effect for pre-cyborg grievous. I think that would go a long way to evening out all of the factions without uber swap/opportunist/huge attack bonuses CE's that have been more and more prevalent over the past few sets.

Making Grievous Fringe with the disruptive ability is a great idea. I like the idea of him being cheap as well. But not so cheap that he ends up in every Republic and Imperial squad.
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:53:20 PM

If we're getting Visionaries Grievous, maybe we'll get cyborg Maul as well
PhageLab
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:50:10 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:

Well that would be flippin sweet, but I just can't see it happening.
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:57:49 PM

PhageLab wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:

BigGrin I know, it'd be kinda cool though. I don't think they should even make any more OR figs in the new set. The faction is just too bad beyond repair to even waste slots on figs. Maybe if they made Lord Hoth people would be happy, but otherwise, there's no point making figs the fans don't want for the team. Vong, NR, Sith, and Mandos all have the potential to be great if they get maybe one solid figure for the team. (other then an un/c)
Falconjo
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:07:01 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
PhageLab wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:

BigGrin I know, it'd be kinda cool though. I don't think they should even make any more OR figs in the new set. The faction is just too bad beyond repair to even waste slots on figs. Maybe if they made Lord Hoth people would be happy, but otherwise, there's no point making figs the fans don't want for the team. Vong, NR, Sith, and Mandos all have the potential to be great if they get maybe one solid figure for the team. (other then an un/c)

no im pretty sure all the factions would be good well at least playable if they got a Reiken piece...Im not saying it should happen, because im not (personally i think it was a mistake to make him in the first place but oh well) but at least it make things playable.
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:10:06 PM

Falconjo wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:
PhageLab wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:

no im pretty sure all the factions would be good well at least playable if they got a Reiken piece...Im not saying it should happen, because im not (personally i think it was a mistake to make him in the first place but oh well) but at least it make things playable.

Still not convinced even a Riekaan piece would help the OR, they just don't have enough options. Riekaan allows for alot of cool builds, and makes it so the only teams we see out there aren't Republic and Seps.
Falconjo
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:29:19 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Falconjo wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:
PhageLab wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:

Still not convinced even a Riekaan piece would help the OR, they just don't have enough options. Riekaan allows for alot of cool builds, and makes it so the only teams we see out there aren't Republic and Seps.

i agree to a point, but id love to see some OR wookies and Lucien with evade and Atton with greater mobile. maybe not top tier but definently somewhat competitive
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:43:38 PM

I'd say a good boost for the OR would be a force battery or a character that gives Force Renewal considering that the factions defining feature is non-unique jedi.
PhageLab
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:44:56 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
I'd say a good boost for the OR would be a force battery or a character that gives Force Renewal considering that the factions defining feature is non-unique jedi.

I never read the series with Cay, could he potentially have an ability such as this? I know he redeemed Ulic and was killed by him, but other than that he is a mystery to me.
DarthReeves
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:44:15 AM

Falconjo wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:
Falconjo wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:
PhageLab wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:

i agree to a point, but id love to see some OR wookies and Lucien with evade and Atton with greater mobile. maybe not top tier but definently somewhat competitive

Old rep is a faction that just needs a little bit of Fringe love to become mighty. I won my first tournament using Old Rep, even though I only had a few pieces. Them Jedi battlemasters with extra attack from Exile are pretty brutal. Rand is the biggest damage output in the game against Jedi, and Dray is the man. I'd play Old Rep over 2-3 other factions, but that's just based on my collection. Especially now that you can put Darth Malak in there...simply brutal
DarthReeves
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:47:09 AM

I know why it's so secret by the way. The new boosters will come with 5 rares, 2 Very Rares, from all sets, to appease the fans. It is going to be great!
"Aww man....ANOTHER REVAN! This sucks!"
"Shoot this is like my 5th Rex!"
"I'm sick of buying packs, this last one ONLY had VR and R sith pieces!"
"Corran Horn, Jacen and Jaina solo? What is this a joke? I hate NR"
"If I get one more Nym...just ONE MORE NYM!!! I'm going to go postal"