Finds your lack of faith disturbing.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:19:34 AM
Groups: Member

kobayashimaru wrote:
@Surf!
Whoa, you're on fire here! BigGrin This is another great set, theres something here for everyone. All the different factions and subfactions get a little something; what Im most impressed by are the Agricorp Jedi, the sith hand (another piece that makes the Sith Lord, Dark Jedi Master and Dark Jedi pieces obsolete) the Redo of Agen Kolar/Eeth Koth and finally an official R1 droid!

I've had a thought regarding future civilian miniatures; could you make silhouetted stat cards for some generic bystanders?

I knew you'd like that R1. Is he too expensive? Corran seems to think so .... The AgriCorps always interested me. I may do other pieces from the other Jedi Branches.

I've done a few generic, NPC types before; not sure how many I've released.

corranhorn wrote:
Wow, lots of goodies to look through! Woot

I love the SAs on the Bivall Bureaucrat! Might want to limit his CE to one follower, though-it's CRAZY as is! Scared
Nice work with the Bothan Coorfdiantor! Good to see oldies getting some love.
I think the Givin needs a price bump-Accurate and Mobile are too strong to have as a rangeless CE on a 12-point non-Unique. Pilots are already top tier.
Healing Crystals of Fire are very cool! Looking forward to using them with Cade!
That Ishi Tib looks very evil! Cool piece.
Like the Agricorps guys! Any chance you're planning on doing some guys from the other Jedi Corps?
Jedi Hermit is awesme-great idea and great piece! Two suggestions-Maybe an Atk bump to +9? +7 is way tooo low, 9 is low enough to get your point across. Also, I think he'd be better with FR# instead of 4; with F2FR1 he won't be using those cost cost powers very often.
I like your Agen Kolar! He was supposed to be pretty good with a lightsaber, it's good to see some justice for him. He might be a tad overcosted, though.
Stass Allie is nice too! She also might be a bit overocsted, though.
Lannik Assassin is great, well done! ThumpUp
Re-WotC Quartermaster: I think his CE was suppoed to represent him giving out/upgrading gear. I vlike your take on the QM too!
BUZZ DROIDS! I LOVE those things, but they never show up anywhere besides RotS! ThumbsUp Great piece, might need an Atk value though so he'll hit with MC.
Caption for the Quarren Chemist's pic-"Drink your Ovaltine!"
I think the R1 should cost a bit less-as is, there's no real reason to take him.
Shadowport Dock Cheif is awesome! Very flavorful piece! ThumpUp
I agree, that Shadowport Smuggler looks like a rough customer with AdvCov.
Aw, now Farsight is just too cool! Love it.
"Prankster" seems like a good fit for that Squib. BigGrin
EoP does seem good for the Swokes Swokes-those guys creep me out.
Wookiee Commando is a cool piece. Great choice for an NR commando.

Great bunch here!

Bivall - will he really have that many nearby followers? ... and at 30 pts, will he survive long enough, with him being a pain, to get off more than one volley? Maybe only non-unique followers .....

Givin, like the Bivall etc. .... maybe limit it to within 6 squares ....

Healing Crystals ... supposedly they disappeared after the Order 66 Purge .... Palp may have them stored away somewhere. Unsure

AgriCorps ... I was thinking about .... naw, I can't tell you, I'd have to Kill .......

Hermit .... I would think his LtSaber skills have atrophied from non-use and the FP's are along the lines of "Leave Me Alone" or "Im not the Droid You're Looking For ..."

Agen and Stass - I actually looked at that and wondered that they seemed too costly but that's what the Mini Calc came out at for them. Could I get away with 47 for Agen and 38 for Stass?

Droid - Does he need to hace an Attk to use Touch??

R1 - All other R-Series droids cost 8; while it obviously is a Nute "drain" on a piece, could I really go 4 or 5 with him? I can't see 4; maybe 5 ...

Shadowport - Thanks on the Chief; Is the Chief too cheap for what he does thou? Is the Smuggler too cheap to?

Farsight - I used it on some of my Covenent Seer pieces last time.

I particulary liked the Shadowport pieces and the redo's of Agen and Stass. The Crystals were part of the Jedi Medical Corps; I would've done a Healer (may still) but WOTC did one. I found it, as I said, while researching the other branches. I have a few other ideas still ....

Thank you for all the comments BlooMilk
Alek
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:46:11 AM

There are many great custom cards here! ThumpUp

However, I wanted to use some of the presented custom characters, but after printing and cutting their cards I found a lot of shortages... Sad

Bail Organa, Alliance Founder - he costs only 34, but brings Reinforcements of 30 and he has very good CE. He needs to cost more.

Mon Mothma, Alliance Founder - her CE is not clear... at the the end of her turn, non-unique Rebel follower's within 6 squares may EACH make 1 immediate attack. Each!!! This is too powerful...

Black Sun Leader Alexy Garyn - he costs only 28, but is too powerful character and he also brings 30 (Thirty) points of Fringe Reinforcements!!!
He needs to cost at least 55, or more...

Yuuzhan Vong Seductress - she needs to have Melee Attack.

Nei Rin, Ossus Master Shaper - as a Master Shaper she gives +10 damage, but as a Shaper it is +20! It is not clear why would any YV ally take her Master Shaper when her ordinary Shaper SE is much stronger...?

Galactic Marine Commander - he misses Elite Clone Trooper Special Ability, and he costs only 14 while his CE is too much. He needs to cost more! And why he doesn't have Squad Firepower by himself?

Wookiee Chieftan - I think Chieftain is better and he is the post powerful charter ever according to his price and what does he gets and brings. He needs to cost much, much more. I already fixed his price to 45 that we can use him.

Keep up and continue great work. Cool
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:26:48 AM

Alek wrote:

Mon Mothma, Alliance Founder - her CE is not clear... at the the end of her turn, non-unique Rebel follower's within 6 squares may EACH make 1 immediate attack. Each!!! This is too powerful...

See, I have to disagree here. A few reasons why...
1) The Rebels do not have, and will likely never get Booming Voice.
2) It is severely limited by "non-Unique Rebel". The Rebel non-Uniques are pretty bad for the most part, save the ERC, and you won't be able to have fringers get the benefits.
3) Before S&V released (after DotF, obviously) Rebels were the armpit of SWM. Bastila could shut them down in a heartbeat. Even after S&V, while they are good, the Rebels still need to get good pieces to bring them to top tier. Mothma dosen't synergise particularly well with the Rebel Tier 1 pieces atm, for the most part.

Back to you, surf...

Bivall-It's way, way too easy to get Booming Voice with him. Can you imagine an Imp squad with him, Mas, Weir and Storm Commandos? Maybe Thrawn too. I don't have a problem with Mon Mothma's CE, but she costs more than 200% of the Bivall, is Unique, and has more constraints on her CE itself.

Givin- Still too easy to give him Booming Voice, like in the Rrepublic (whichi is where you go for the best Pilot squads anyway).

Hermit-I missed the loner, so forget everything I said! BigGrin Love it!

Agen/Stass- Sounds good!

Chief-Nah, he's costed just right, imo. The SAs he gives out aren't gamebreaking.

Smuggler-You have a point. Maybe 10 or 11 points?

Farsight-Huh, I guess I missed it. Unless I commented on it and it's too ealy in the morning for me to remember. Tongue

I'd like to see your take on the Healer. I like the WotC healer but there could easily be a more fleshed out Healer in the 30 point range, sort of a Master. I loved the Shadowport and Council pieces too! ThumpUp
You're welcome, as always. :)
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:18:37 AM

corranhorn wrote:
[quote=Alek]

I think Corran and I (and a few other people) have discussed Resereves/Reinforcememts are thr hardest to cost. I'm starting o develop the idea that Reinforcements probably should cost their abilities cost + the cost of what they bring in; lets say it costs 12 for abilities + 20 Reinforcements = 32 cost. Reserves on the other had are trickier in that you're not guarenteed. I've noticed if a piece has 20-30 Reserves, it cost 10-15 (or half its Reserve cost) + Abilities cost. THat my be the new formula I use from now on.

corranhorn wrote:

See, I have to disagree here. A few reasons why...
2) It is severely limited by "non-Unique Rebel". The Rebel non-Uniques are pretty bad for the most part, save the ERC, and you won't be able to have fringers get the benefits.
3) Before S&V released (after DotF, obviously) Rebels were the armpit of SWM. Bastila could shut them down in a heartbeat. Even after S&V, while they are good, the Rebels still need to get good pieces to bring them to top tier. Mothma dosen't synergise particularly well with the Rebel Tier 1 pieces atm, for the most part.

Back to you, surf...

Bivall-It's way, way too easy to get Booming Voice with him. Can you imagine an Imp squad with him, Mas, Weir and Storm Commandos? Maybe Thrawn too. I don't have a problem with Mon Mothma's CE, but she costs more than 200% of the Bivall, is Unique, and has more constraints on her CE itself.

Givin- Still too easy to give him Booming Voice, like in the Rrepublic (whichi is where you go for the best Pilot squads anyway).

Hermit-I missed the loner, so forget everything I said! BigGrin Love it!

Agen/Stass- Sounds good!

Chief-Nah, he's costed just right, imo. The SAs he gives out aren't gamebreaking.

Smuggler-You have a point. Maybe 10 or 11 points?

Farsight-Huh, I guess I missed it. Unless I commented on it and it's too ealy in the morning for me to remember. Tongue

I'd like to see your take on the Healer. I like the WotC healer but there could easily be a more fleshed out Healer in the 30 point range, sort of a Master. I loved the Shadowport and Council pieces too! ThumpUp
You're welcome, as always. :)

The Bivall pic is actually unique character (and a Sep) How about "This ability is not affected by abilities affecting Commander Effects Range."

Givin - Would a "non-unique" addition help? .... and I was thinking Rebs would benefit most; course I could go all Fringe on the piece and say "Fringe Pilots."

Shadowport Smuggler - 10 pts sounds good.

Healer - I actually have an idea or two for it BigGrin
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:49:57 AM

Bivall-That's a good start but I think you should also reduce it to someting like 2 characters and up his cost. It's a very powerful effect.

Givin-Fringe would be perfect, I know that's what you were going for. You could also just make him Rebel.

Healer-Woot

Re: Reinforcements-I actually think the piece should cost a few points more than bailities+reinforcement amount. The versatility you get from Reinforcements is worth a few points, even when you take into account the effect of having to split up your squad.
Ex- If a piece had Reinforcements 20 and 15 points of abilities/stats, I'd cost it at 38.
Alek
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:45:18 AM

See, I have to disagree here. A few reasons why... Cursing
3) Before S&V released (after DotF, obviously) Rebels were the armpit of SWM. Bastila could shut them down in a heartbeat. Even after S&V, while they are good, the Rebels still need to get good pieces to bring them to top tier. Mothma dosen't synergise particularly well with the Rebel Tier 1 pieces atm, for the most part. Angry

I really like her Booming Voice! It is great. Love But I pointed out other things. Her CE is problem: with Booming Voice all the Rebel army will get free shot after her turn!!! OMG
And please forget the Bastila - it is now not a problem with Bastila or other factions, but with Mothma's CE! Sneaky

Re: Reinforcements-I actually think the piece should cost a few points more than bailities+reinforcement amount. The versatility you get from Reinforcements is worth a few points, even when you take into account the effect of having to split up your squad.
Ex- If a piece had Reinforcements 20 and 15 points of abilities/stats, I'd cost it at 38.

This is a good way to count the cost of Reserve Bringers!!! Now you can make an errata on them. RollEyes

Don't forget other pieces I pointed out:

Nei Rin, Ossus Master Shaper - as a Master Shaper she gives +10 damage, but as a Shaper it is +20! It is not clear why would any YV ally take her Master Shaper when her ordinary Shaper SE is much stronger...?

Galactic Marine Commander - he misses Elite Clone Trooper Special Ability, and he costs only 14 while his CE is too much. He needs to cost more! And why he doesn't have Squad Firepower by himself?

Also, EV-9D9 Supervosor Droid - I think Supervisor would suit better.

ThumpUp
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:28:48 AM

Alek wrote:

Also, EV-9D9 Supervosor Droid - I think Supervisor would suit better.

ThumpUp

You missed a few discussions and only looked at cards; I gave the Seductress Melee and fixed EV's title months and months ago.

Why would the Marine have the Elite Clone title? That's only useful as a follower looking for help from a CE. He is a Commander and can't get others help ... and the CE should have said Squad Cover and Twin, not Cover and Firepower (I was thinking ahead to something else there ....Cool

Ossus Shaper - She "gives" a power; why can't she have a stronger power herself. I teach history but that doesn't mean my students learn everything I know!
Alek
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:41:10 AM

Sorry, I don't have these fixed cards; I'll try to find them...

Galactic Marines have SA Elite Clone Trooper. So why would their commander be without that SA. I don't understand what you are explaining about them, but with Clone Commander Bacara they gain Stealth. All, except your Galactic Marine Commander...

And, as I explain before, his price is too low, he needs to cost little more...

Ossus Shaper - She "gives" a power; why can't she have a stronger power herself. I teach history but that doesn't mean my students learn everything I know!
This explain not so much...

What do you decide about Reserve bringers costs?
Alek
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:51:56 AM

I gave the Seductress Melee and fixed EV's title months and months ago.

I can't find it... Can you direct us where is it or on what page of the discussion?
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:32:58 AM

Alek wrote:
I gave the Seductress Melee and fixed EV's title months and months ago.

I can't find it... Can you direct us where is it or on what page of the discussion?

I don't keep track of "where" certain cards are, and I don't always "fix" them insofar as changing the pic. I just discuss it and move on; I looked up my last change on that card and it was last May; 9 months ago. Sorry.

On a side note, I had an idea and may be releasing something in the next day or so ....
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:20:59 AM

I think I read somewhere in the forums that Alek is from Eastern Europe, probably just an honest grammar mistake.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:33:14 AM

corranhorn wrote:
I think I read somewhere in the forums that Alek is from Eastern Europe, probably just an honest grammar mistake.

Yes I saw that. I guess the "problem" is new people breeze through the thread and only look at the cards and don't read the discussions.

I remember a big discussion over reserves/reinforcements months ago which he obviously missed. No big deal. Godz know I'm certainly not perfect; even WOTC and the V-Set crew have errata anfd they had multiple bodies and much smarter people than I looking at the final card.

On a side note, I like your take on the Rebel Commando Spotter; looks like my Advance Scout but with Advantageous Cover! I like the Cover idea; I may steal it ThumpUp I'd join in Shatterpoints discussion but I'd have NO idea which of my 1000 odd cards to pick; some of them aren't so good but some are.

I've been busy, but I've got another 30 odd cards in various stages of being done (mostly done actually.) If the grandkids leave me alone I may get them done soon ... or not Unsure
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:39:21 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

Yes I saw that. I guess the "problem" is new people breeze through the thread and only look at the cards and don't read the discussions.

I remember a big discussion over reserves/reinforcements months ago which he obviously missed. No big deal. Godz know I'm certainly not perfect; even WOTC and the V-Set crew have errata anf they had multiple bodies and much smarter people than I looking at the final card.

On a side note, I like your take on the Rebel Commando Spotter; looks like my Advance Scout but with Advantageous Cover! I like the Cover idea; I may steal it ThumpUp I'd join in Shatterpoints discussion but I'd have NO idea which of my 1000 odd cards to pick; some ofthem aren't sogood but some are.

I've been busy, but I've got another 30 odd cards in various stages of being done (mostly done actually.) If the grandkids leave me alone I may get them done soon ... or not Unsure

Yeah, in his defense it's hard to get thorugh 27 pages of thread, though. Tongue Thanks! I didn't consciousy base the RCSpotter off your Advance Scout but who knows what goes on in my subconscious mind! BigGrin Feel free to take ACover. Hmmm....for shatterpoint's thread I might go with one of your good vong, that faction badly needs help, and a lot of your Vong cards provide it. Looking forward to the new batch! BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, March 1, 2013 10:26:16 AM

OK, Well, here we are again. I’ve been researching and reading a lot in between being Grandpa. I’ve caught up on using some of my newer favorite pics, I’ve found a few new ones and I’ve got another (hopefully) fun batch of stuff.

So, technically, I’ve got two mini sets here. The first group is just the usual hodge podge of cards.
Comments, etc. welcome, even if you’re just trying to catch up on something. Who knows, I may have missed something along the way ….

ARC Plex Trooper Well, not that they needed anything, really, but you would think against all the droids they fight, more missiles would be around.

ARC Sergeant My only comment … has anyone else noticed that ARC (Advanved Recon Commando) troopers don’t have Recon? Seems strange.

Jagged Fel, Imperial Hero It seemed to me the WOTC piece didn’t really do him justice. Actually, the hard part about piece may have been what to call him; didn’t want to go “Head of State” but just “Commander” didn’t feel right either. Almost went with Galactic Hero but went Imperial Hero instead.

Jaina Solo, Jedi Master Somehow to me, the V-Set Sword of the Jedi piece didn’t quite capture the fact that Jaina’s become a real Beast of a Jedi thanks to that Skywalker blood. Taking Luke out of the equation, I think she’d be up there with Kyle (due to his age) as one of the more powerful Jedi of her time.

Rodian Gunslinger The first of my Shadowport mini’s this set.

Shadowport Arms Dealer My only question; should he be 17 pts? I always thought the Czerka Scientist should have been 10, not 13.

Shadowport Dock Denizen This girl looks like she could take on a Wookie. I’m wondering about the Cheap Shot SA (she looks the type to take one too) and is the wording about right.

Shadowport Lowlife Just the type you’d find in a back ally.

Shistavanen Epsis Guard Epsis, a Shadowport Ciminal Organization …..

Toydarian Security Guard The Shadowport Security.

Yuuzhan Vong Spy A more generic Vong infiltrator; I’m wondering if she should have been 20-22 (the more I think about it, 19 seems a few points low.

My next group is what I call the Jedi Temple group. People that would have been on hand at any time (Except my Republic unique) during the 1,000 generations the Jedi were around. Some are new, some I’ve revamped …

Chief Healer of the Temple The Chief Healer must have been a dang powerful Healer back in the day, the way

Jedi Archeologist The kind of Jedi that was more scientist/field expert than true Jedi, but someone that still had a connection to the force. An older, updated piece.

Jedi Archivist Just as a Dark Side Nexus made Jedi feel sick, I’d imagine a Light Side Nexus may have a similar effect on Sith (Anakin and Malgus aside because they were Really cranked up to fight.)

Jedi Explorer Just trying t imagine what a member of the Jedi ExplorCorp would be like.

Jedi Knight Serra Keto I still say (even if I never played the Game, that Serra must have been a beast to put up the fight she did against Anakin in the Temple Purge. A redo of an earlier piece.

Jedi Master Cin Drallig I’m surprised, given that he was the Jedi Weapon Master, he didn’t put up a better fight in the end ….. Wasn’t he supposed to be one of the best??

Jedi Master Jocasta Nu I somehow imagine her to be the type to rally the young Jedi into putting up a fight before Anakin shows up. Another redo.

Jedi Temple Brute I did this guy awhile ago; updated him, and while I’m sure there were only a few dozen around, I imagine the 501st must have had a heck of a time cleaning out the Temple; they never mention how bad the 501st got hurt, but I bet they took heavy casualties that day.

Jedi Temple Gate Master While the Gate Master the day of the Purge was male, I could see in the past it could have been a female. The abilities reflect the type of person prepared to keep someone “Out.”

Jedi Temple Padawan The must have been dozens and dozens of Padawan around the Temple on any given day. The WOTC padawan didn’t seem to reflect a real Padawan’s general ability.

Jedi Temple Sniper I recently did this one and just include it here to round out the Temple’s defenders.

Jedi Temple Tech Specialist Now this is a piece I’m sorta not quite sure about. The Temple caretakers were some bright people; trustworthy and the Techs were supposed to be dang good. But …. should Master Override have made him 20 pts instead of 17? There should have been some way for the Temple (at Least) to have the ability to lock down the doors if they’d wanted.

Temple Security Force Anyone ever notice these guys look like Naboo troopers except for blue instead of brown uniforms?

Temple Security Officer Brownie points for recognizing the pic’s origins. An old, resurrected and updated piece.

Well, I hope there are some interesting tidbits here. I could’ve added on some more except I decided to to release these because they were burning a hole in my pocket; I’m already working on the next batch. Feel free to comment, good and bad on anything that strikes your fancy.

Peace
BlooMilk
corranhorn
Posted: Friday, March 1, 2013 7:45:41 PM

Oh gosh, surf. You have to realease a new batch the same night that Vset5 comes out and a bunch of customs arrive from DB53. Tongue I'll try to take my customary look over it tommorow or Sunday.

Just two thoughts for now...

Serra Keto, nice choice! She was way cool in the RotS video game, and there's a pic in TotG that looks a lot like her (but with one yellow lightsaber and one green instead of 2 green). I think she's a bit overcosted, though-maybe give her Backlash, like the way she went after Anakin after he kiled Cin, her master?

Also, the pic on the last card, the Tempkle Security guy....did it come from Anchorman? Razz (Are you supposed to italicise a movie's name, or underline it, or put quotation marks around it, or what? I figure there aren't many professors on the interwebs, heh).
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, March 1, 2013 9:16:31 PM

corranhorn wrote:
Oh gosh, surf. You have to realease a new batch the same night that Vset5 comes out and a bunch of customs arrive from DB53. Tongue I'll try to take my customary look over it tommorow or Sunday.

Just two thoughts for now...

Serra Keto, nice choice! She was way cool in the RotS video game, and there's a pic in TotG that looks a lot like her (but with one yellow lightsaber and one green instead of 2 green). I think she's a bit overcosted, though-maybe give her Backlash, like the way she went after Anakin after he kiled Cin, her master?

Also, the pic on the last card, the Tempkle Security guy....did it come from Anchorman? Razz (Are you supposed to italicise a movie's name, or underline it, or put quotation marks around it, or what? I figure there aren't many professors on the interwebs, heh).

Honestly, I didn't notice the V-Set was released today until After I posted this set Blushing More on that in a sec

Serra - I actually thought I was "aggressively" costing her; I almost put her at 46.

The Temple Security Officer figure is actually a Heroclix mini ... no more hints BigGrin

.... as to the new V-Set; I've only given it a cursory peak as yet; BUT .... I find it amusing that their Antarian Ranger Captain is DAAAAAAAng close to my Antarian Ranger Commander I made almost exactly one year ago this weekend (I think its on page 9 of this thread. Its either one monster coincidence, or just a case of like minds thinking alike .... BlooMilk ......that and the fact I had a Mandalorian Infiltrator piece I was working on and they just made one on their new set. Maybe mine won't look quite the same .....

However it seems, I am amused Cool
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2013 9:23:38 AM

Haha, the ATCs are pretty similar. Different enough to both be used, though.

Now, to the comments...

ARC Plex Trooper is great, he's a bit much for cost, though. Maybe lose Double Attack?
Plus I Heart the Battlefront pic!
On the ARC Sergeant, what does "inore Order 66" mean, exactly? Can he ignore Execute Order 66's effects? I'm not sure how useful his CE will be; I don't think Recon stacks.
I really like your Jag Fel. Capture the character well , imo. I would change the SA given in his CE, though, becuase the Klat Cappy does that already.
I think Jaina might cost too much, but nice piece otherwise, captures her well! ThumpUp
That Rodian GS certainly looks like a "Shadowport" type of fellow, cool piece!
I love that Shadowport Arms Dealer! I think he's costed just abotur gith. I remember seeing Weapon Upgrade bfore, it's a great SA! My only compalint would be that he should probably have Munition Supples (regular) instead of Demo Supplies. That way, he can give out Grenades and then G@0, but it takes a while.
Cheap Shot....now there's an interesting SA. I think she should have to make a save of 16 for it. CS is very powerful.
The Shadoport Lowlife is a bit overcosted, liek it otherwise. Vicious is a good pick for him! cThumpUp \
Ithink the Shisty Epsis Guard should cost 7 or 8. He's got powerful SAs.
The Toydarian Security guy's pic is hilarious and intimidating at the same time! ThumbsUp
YVSpy should have melee attack, right?
I think your Temple Chief healer is very well executed. Normally I wouldn't want to give such strong FPs to a nbon-Unique but they fit here.
I gotta say, the Jedi Archeologist is great! Maybe bump his cost up to 16 or 17, though.
I love your Jedi Archivist! Very cool piece! I really like Force Instruction and Light Side Artifact!
The Jeid Explorer is cool, but wweren't members of the Explorcorps essentially failed Jedi with only a very weak Force connection?
Back to Serra; no, she's definitely overcosted. She has base stats that are, besides Attack, fitting for a 30 point piece, basic Force powers anf Force point totals, and then nothing too powerful in the way of SAs.
I think you're right about Cin. He should have beaten Vader, imo. Obi-Wan beat Vader and he had nowhere near the same level of lightsaber skill as Cin. I think Cin's a bit overcosted, too; for the same reasons as Serra.
I also agree with you about Jocasta Nu. Nice piece, btw.
The Jedi Temple Brute looks nasty, in a good way! Maybe a bit overcosted, though
That Jedi Temple Gate Keeper is fantastic! Very flavorful piece! ThumbsUp
I agree on the Padawan as well. You aptured the quintesential Padawan very nicely! Shouldn't the Synergy be "name contains", though?
I still like the JTSniper! ThumbsUp Leap needs some clarification, though. If its usable whenever you want, shouldn't you just remove the "This turn"? Mightwant to just replace it with Acrobatic if that's so. Also, the wording "move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity" is confusing. He couldn't move thorugh an enemy character normally, and your wording dosen't change that, so he wouldn;t be able to get the benefits of Leap with this wording.
Master Override is awesome! Such a cool ability! Just to clarify, you have to choose open or closed for all doors right? You can't choose for each one? (I think the latter would be way overpowered but the former would be tons of fun and reasonably well balanced).

Now I really want to play a Knightfall scenario! Woot
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2013 12:47:47 PM

corranhorn wrote:
Haha, the ATCs are pretty similar. Different enough to both be used, though.

Now, to the comments...

ARC Plex Trooper is great, he's a bit much for cost, though. Maybe lose Double Attack?
Plus I Heart the Battlefront pic!
On the ARC Sergeant, what does "inore Order 66" mean, exactly? Can he ignore Execute Order 66's effects? I'm not sure how useful his CE will be; I don't think Recon stacks.
I really like your Jag Fel. Capture the character well , imo. I would change the SA given in his CE, though, becuase the Klat Cappy does that already.
I think Jaina might cost too much, but nice piece otherwise, captures her well! ThumpUp
That Rodian GS certainly looks like a "Shadowport" type of fellow, cool piece!
I love that Shadowport Arms Dealer! I think he's costed just abotur gith. I remember seeing Weapon Upgrade bfore, it's a great SA! My only compalint would be that he should probably have Munition Supples (regular) instead of Demo Supplies. That way, he can give out Grenades and then G@0, but it takes a while.
Cheap Shot....now there's an interesting SA. I think she should have to make a save of 16 for it. CS is very powerful.
The Shadoport Lowlife is a bit overcosted, liek it otherwise. Vicious is a good pick for him! cThumpUp \
Ithink the Shisty Epsis Guard should cost 7 or 8. He's got powerful SAs.
The Toydarian Security guy's pic is hilarious and intimidating at the same time! ThumbsUp
YVSpy should have melee attack, right?
I think your Temple Chief healer is very well executed. Normally I wouldn't want to give such strong FPs to a nbon-Unique but they fit here.
I gotta say, the Jedi Archeologist is great! Maybe bump his cost up to 16 or 17, though.
I love your Jedi Archivist! Very cool piece! I really like Force Instruction and Light Side Artifact!
The Jeid Explorer is cool, but wweren't members of the Explorcorps essentially failed Jedi with only a very weak Force connection?
Back to Serra; no, she's definitely overcosted. She has base stats that are, besides Attack, fitting for a 30 point piece, basic Force powers anf Force point totals, and then nothing too powerful in the way of SAs.
I think you're right about Cin. He should have beaten Vader, imo. Obi-Wan beat Vader and he had nowhere near the same level of lightsaber skill as Cin. I think Cin's a bit overcosted, too; for the same reasons as Serra.
I also agree with you about Jocasta Nu. Nice piece, btw.
The Jedi Temple Brute looks nasty, in a good way! Maybe a bit overcosted, though
That Jedi Temple Gate Keeper is fantastic! Very flavorful piece! ThumbsUp
I agree on the Padawan as well. You aptured the quintesential Padawan very nicely! Shouldn't the Synergy be "name contains", though?
I still like the JTSniper! ThumbsUp Leap needs some clarification, though. If its usable whenever you want, shouldn't you just remove the "This turn"? Mightwant to just replace it with Acrobatic if that's so. Also, the wording "move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity" is confusing. He couldn't move thorugh an enemy character normally, and your wording dosen't change that, so he wouldn;t be able to get the benefits of Leap with this wording.
Master Override is awesome! Such a cool ability! Just to clarify, you have to choose open or closed for all doors right? You can't choose for each one? (I think the latter would be way overpowered but the former would be tons of fun and reasonably well balanced).

Now I really want to play a Knightfall scenario! Woot

Yes the Antarian is dang close; wonder if I influenced anyone Wink

Now ... Commentary!

Arc Plex - I can live with losing Double.

Arc Sarge - it says "Ignore" and I even double checked because I can be a spaz BigGrin As for the CE, I figure more people with Recon, more chance for a good initiative roll.

Fel - Thanks, he needed an upgrade; Pilots already get plenty. Couldn't he be an alternative to the Klat.

Jaina, Serra, & Cin - Maybe a 5 pt cost cut across the board? I'm starting to wonder about my cost calc and high end pieces.

Arm Dealer - I thought it'd be more in line with giving bigger pieces something, like a spaceport might have ...

Cheap Shot - You don't think the one-time only use doesn't limit it enough? A 16 is too limiting to be of much use.

Lowlife - The calc said 5; I thought that was too cheap. I opted to err on the side of caution. 6?

YV Spy - This is the second time I spaced on giving Melee to a Vong. Must be a block.

Archeologist - You think he should go up? Except for the Holocron and his Force Heal, he's rather useless; doesn't even have Double Attack.

Archivist - i was worried that he'd be undercosted and the Artifact would be too strong.

ExplorCorp - I thought I'd read that the Agri and Archeologists were the weaker ones but that Explorers were occassionally more powerful Jedi that had the wandering urge to explore; somehow I can't see Wook's being too weak.

Brute - I'm starting to think "bigger" pieces are subject to not only what SA's and FP's they have, but how many. I bet Force Alter, Sense, Leap, Heal, and Weapon would "cost more than Force Repulse 5 alone just because that's five FP's vs one. .... I was actually more comfortable costing him 27-29 personally BigGrin

Padawan - duhhhhh Blushing

Sniper - He was an update - I think the original was made before the Agile SA was created? You think Agile would be better than a reworded leap?

Master Override - Yes Open or Close All doors within 12; picking/choosing which would be opened and/or closed would be more work than a gamer wants .... and too overpowered as you said.

Thanks for the comments and the ThumbsUp on the rest.

Cheers
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:13:58 PM

ARC Sarge- I'm still not clear. Do you mean Execute Order 66 or Order 66? There wouldn't be much to gain by ignoring Order 66 (and actually I'm not even sure what it would mean).
Jag Fel- He could be but since the Klat also gives Speed 8 most people would run that.
Jaina, Serra, and Cin- Yep, that sounds reasonable. I think one issue is that the cost calc can accoutn for SAs but it dosen't really have the capacity to step back and look at the character as a whole.
Arm Dealer- Fair enough! BigGrin
Cheap Shot- Not really. Realistically, no ne is going to btoher wasting two attacks on it in a single round in most cases.
Lowlife- 6 sounds reasonable.
YV Spy- Or a conspiracy....Sneaky
Archeologist- One good 20 damage attack plus Agile plus good stats plus Heal/Sense plus Meditation plus Holocron....I think that's worth more than 15 points but YMMV.
Archivist- Honestly Light Side Artifact isn't that strong. Helps against one faction. Not that its a bad SA, but not worth many points. Aside from that, giving FR1 to one person, granting a bonus to certain Jedi characcters (not many), and being a well-below average for cost melee combatant means that if anything, he's a tad overcosted. But not seriously so.
Explorcorps -Touche. BigGrin
Brute- 28 or so sounds reasonable. As fror the FPs, that's a toughie. It's about how many options you have but if all those options won't have anywhere near trhe effect of something else than they are not worth as much. I usually just eyeball, no cost calc for me.
Sniper- Acrobatic, but yeah. Leap is a bit confusing as is.

Next guess at the pic on the Security Officer...Mel Brooks in Spaceballs?

Happy to comment! BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:25:19 PM

corranhorn wrote:
ARC Sarge- I'm still not clear. Do you mean Execute Order 66 or Order 66? There wouldn't be much to gain by ignoring Order 66 (and actually I'm not even sure what it would mean).
Jag Fel- He could be but since the Klat also gives Speed 8 most people would run that.
Jaina, Serra, and Cin- Yep, that sounds reasonable. I think one issue is that the cost calc can accoutn for SAs but it dosen't really have the capacity to step back and look at the character as a whole.
Arm Dealer- Fair enough! BigGrin
Cheap Shot- Not really. Realistically, no ne is going to btoher wasting two attacks on it in a single round in most cases.
Lowlife- 6 sounds reasonable.
YV Spy- Or a conspiracy....Sneaky
Archeologist- One good 20 damage attack plus Agile plus good stats plus Heal/Sense plus Meditation plus Holocron....I think that's worth more than 15 points but YMMV.
Archivist- Honestly Light Side Artifact isn't that strong. Helps against one faction. Not that its a bad SA, but not worth many points. Aside from that, giving FR1 to one person, granting a bonus to certain Jedi characcters (not many), and being a well-below average for cost melee combatant means that if anything, he's a tad overcosted. But not seriously so.
Explorcorps -Touche. BigGrin
Brute- 28 or so sounds reasonable. As fror the FPs, that's a toughie. It's about how many options you have but if all those options won't have anywhere near trhe effect of something else than they are not worth as much. I usually just eyeball, no cost calc for me.
Sniper- Acrobatic, but yeah. Leap is a bit confusing as is.

Next guess at the pic on the Security Officer...Mel Brooks in Spaceballs?

Happy to comment! BigGrin

Order 66: A character with this special ability may be in a squad with Emperor Palpatine, Sith Lord, regardless of faction.

Some characters cannot be in a squad with characters with Order 66. In case you want to build a squad and run into Palp with Execute Order 66, you could attack him if you make your save.

Cheap Shot - maybe I'll make it +6 and a Save 16.

Archeologist it'd that Holocron that makes it hard to quantify - maybe 17.

Brute - ok, you didn't have to twist my arm much to get 28

Sniper - I can do Acrobatic

I usually change the pics but frankly I may just start doing an Errata Adendum instead BlooMilk

PS - Temple Security Officer - Hint - "Inspector"