RegisterDonateLogin

Now with 15% less sand in every glass.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:09:47 PM
Groups: Member

Deathwielded wrote:
Admiral Screed is cool, I like the benefits he gives to Imp pilots, especially since they work with Vader LotF however I am concerned about Vader having 26 defense and getting an extra attack at +23 attack. Maybe make one only for Imp Pilots Followers... I am definitly for Pilot love and getting some commanders with Pilot some use.

Den Dhur I think you picked a good cost range for a character like this, everything you gave him is good, though Karmic Luck is a little weird... That aside might I suggest Recon or something like that to represents his reporting?

Mistryl Team Prime Coordinated Attack is a good SA that replaces the weak CE's that does the same. A good fighter, maybe a little too good, even if you make her unique. At first I didn't like the CE since I thought why use her for the CE when the Dug Black Sun Vigo give the same CE and costs less then I realized that his CE only works on Black Sun characters. So good work there!

Phanius, Umbaran Jedi definitely is a different kind of piece, Betrayal in the OR? Cool. Sith sorcery is a big leap for the OR, but he was dabbling in the darkside... My recommendation is to give him a SA that makes him have a chance to join the opponents squad, like Internal Strife or a similar SA that maybe requires a save whenever using Force points?

Port Customs Officer Interesting idea here. I'm not sure what your opponent has to do if suddenly he can't use his squad because it will cost more than the limit. Remove character/s? Change his squad right before the match? That doesn't sound to good for this guys master! (the player) maybe needs some fleshing out. I would suggest making him Fringe since pretty much every faction would have had Customs Officers.

Toong Diplomat hmm, Betrayal and Diplomat? Doesn't sound like they would work together well at all... Might I suggest a CE or SA that makes it so allies within 6 gain Betrayal? If you are looking for him to "delay" the enemy maybe something like Covert Ops Training (name doesn't fit, but it would make the enemy slow down some)

Whiplash Undercover Agent Great idea! Jedi reserves for the rebels? Count me in! Hard to say if you priced him right... I would say yes, since he cant shoot much better than a Stormtrooper, even with Twin.

Thanks for the commentary; some good food for thought on some pices DW. I may need a day or so to digest the ideas; get back to you on them (grading papers right now) but glad you liked some of the things. I Can say I made the Customs guy Imp just because it sounds like the kind of thing Imps would do to moniter sneaky stuff, like Rebel activity for example.
Hellshing
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2013 12:29:43 PM

Hi,

Can you give me the webiste where you have do this cards ? And this website is free or not ?

Thanks,

kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:07:21 AM

Howdy Surf!
How are you these days? Any minis projects on the go atm?
It'd be great to hear about your adventures, and to hear some feedback over on the Avenger Assemblage page on the Offtopics forum... BigGrin

Thanks once again for these custom statcards; they've brought a lot of people a lot of fun over the years,
one day hopefully some figures can be made to accompany these cool cards

I've returned from lurking mode (mainly due to danged real-world commitments getting in the way);
a few ups and downs and moves etc... such is life haha

Kobayashimaru

PS,
if memory serves, you've only made the one Paaerduag statcard... it twasn't a Jedi Paaerduag, was it? I've had a re-look through the thread, and can't find it anywhere BigGrin I'm thinking a female Troig Counselor/Consular would be neat, to go with a story I found on DevArt with a Troig who was half-force sensitive and half not...
Is there a female Troig bartender/Professor at all? They'd be maybe a variant for different roles etc... BigGrin
The revwien cards are awesome as is though: GIMP 2.0 can edit them to make a whole set BigGrin
I've begun doing the same for the Ergesh, since they've now expanded to a set of 7 or so 'subspecies' etc...

And while we're waffling,
any chance of a Chodak statcard at all? They're a spacemollusc from A Final Unity that look awesome...
thats a funny tangent really,

Turns out if you read into it, (A Boy and His Dog, I Must Scream, And I Have No Mouth, Wasteland and Star Trek TOS: City on the Edge of Forever) that Star Trek might be intended to be set in the Fallout universe...
A bunch of Ellison fans have been arguing lately about it all, I wondered what you might think of all that... BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:10:09 AM

Well, I take a year long sabbatical to take care of family business and I find myself back here temporarily. I also noticed it's rather quiet around here, and certainly even more silent regarding custom cards (huge sigh.)

The usual people are creating the usual custom mini's (many are excellent, by the way) but otherwise, where is everybody? Have we all drifted off? I haven't played since the Cal regionals (I think I came in fourth) and that says something about the state of the game if "I" came in fourth out of 10 (with the way I roll.)

I haven't Touched a card since November '13 and haven't had much in the way of inspiration ... and have seen even less when it comes to usable artwork. I'm not really sure where to go/what to say. I see a couple of new V-Sets and with the EU unofficially?! history where does that leave us. SW's "Rebel" didn't impress me at all. That and 24,000 hits on this thread in a year and only two new posts? Lots of looki lou's and not much to say make me think of Yoda saying "Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have."

Cheers,

Surf
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:59:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You did come back in a very quiet week. There's been a lot more conversation the past couple weeks. And since it's been so long since you were here, just take a look at past conversations to see if anything is worth commenting on.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:55:36 AM

@surf
"But Master Yoda, you can't die..." LS,

Apologies for the novel that follows (cue opening theme and titles scroll rofl).

I'm hearing ya there Surf BlooMilk BigGrin,
reading between the lines, its understandable - there are simply combinatorial limits to loads of different things, and apart from tweaking the system (with terrain deforming, that sort of thing, new abilities) - there are simply a limited number of unique creatures to tackle. that is, before we wind up doing Chomsky-style near-repeats, etc.
When inspiration strikes though... BOOM! It'll come to you. It's just a warsy-lul at the moment. The present state of the EU is similar... though this Boba Fett movie based on the comics does have my interest piqued (its supposedly set in the prime verse).
that an perhaps this is 'zugzwang' - a similar moment of realisation when one considers the literature in Chess, from a game-theory perspective. (hint, there's an inherent turnbased bias in that game). BigGrin
Chess is a classic though.

So If you're saying you'll become one with the force and "transcend" the SWM hobby... then what other hobbies might fill the void? Blink Does SWMinis simply rotate to the backburner for a whiles?

Vehicles are perhaps the only area left to expand into. even then, I can empathise with you in that regard as there are limits based on scale as to whats playable heh. There's loads of Staggered Activation stat cards that could be fun without being broken - though the map might have to play more like w40K a little.

Turning to the deeper points you raise, RE the state of the game; luckily there is FFG SWs games. They'll carry on the torch, and luckily all our figures are sideways-compatible. There are holdouts of diehard fans, but many of the sets were only produced in the hundreds of thousands in a world of ~7.5Billion heh. This is why it can be hard to find a physical game, and vassal just isn't quite the same.

So i think its a combination of things;
people developing new hobbies,
people needing to go and commit more to 'realworld',
(related to this, storing and displaying collections while moving around a lot due to work is an interesting challenge and surely part of the decline in 'materialist' hobbies).
(ostensibly, rising stagflation and the long slump in post gfc stuff has left a dent on disposable income to fuel these kinds of hobbies),
and sheer advertising - apart from a few subliminals around, not a lot of people are talking about Bloomilk/the game, and fewer still are advertising it. The leagues are also few and far between.

All of that aside;
what new directions could we take SWM stat cards in? You're approaching perhaps a boundary in 3D generated cards which resemble the established art style of the WotC cards.
What can stat cards learn from Baseball/Basketball cards? Can we make the physical cards into an artform more - similar to the ATCs (Artist Trading Cards)? Can we emboss them, metal etch and electroplate them? Lithogram them...
can we stereograph print and 3D print on them, so as when handled and viewed with 3D glasses, the images pop off the card? (hint: they already look neat with 3D glasses or under black light) BigGrin
can the cards be like UNO-pool waterproof playing cards, and or made of a transclucent material? (there are SO many times that this would have come in handy; card sleeves only protect so much against being used as a coaster heh).
Can the cards learn from Skylanders a little... can the cards stack or do things that force users to collaborate together? chips and circuit stickers are so cheap and soon, inhome 3D printers will have filament that prints circuits into objects (which is neat: byebye annoying PCB etching!).

Alternately, using the SCAMPER method...
how could you translate those abilities into designing some new type of game? (a card based game of some sort).
A game like this but for Fallout would be COOL! (based on Nuka Break, even more awesome!)

I've moved more into SW:AW at the moment and custom 40K shenanigans, a little kitbashing vehicles but thats about it.
The local gaming group and myself and a few loyal backers are trying to get some special characters made that we probably won't ever see, not even as generics by FFG. We'll get there, though we're taking a pause while we complete our EP1 era councils.
jak
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:38:11 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
You did come back in a very quiet week. There's been a lot more conversation the past couple weeks. And since it's been so long since you were here, just take a look at past conversations to see if anything is worth commenting on.

quiet week?!

how bout a quiet year!
with the squad builder still needing alot of work( and no one seemingly working on it)
it wont be long til Bloo's as dead as Gamers
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 4:07:06 PM

jak wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

quiet week?!

how bout a quiet year!
with the squad builder still needing alot of work( and no one seemingly working on it)
it wont be long til Bloo's as dead as Gamers

I noticed last June when I tried using Squad Builder it had "issues" which I'm not qualified to complain about, using it so rarely. But since MiniManager went the way of WOTC ists harder to do it just looking at the Cards or pdf's. All of which doesn't help with what Koba pointed out today about the finite limits of what combinations of abilities/powers you can whip up; my being rather prolific in card making seems to have at least strained that option. I've probably got 50-80 cards that never made it into actual finalization mode; and I'm rather tapped out creatively .... still. Burnout may be the word.

On a side note I noticed as I cruised the forums today I saw some guy in the General thread talking about cards and he had some examples of his work ... hmmmm .... I can't bear to comment on it but it wasn't ..........
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 4:23:53 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
On a side note I noticed as I cruised the forums today I saw some guy in the General thread talking about cards and he had some examples of his work ... hmmmm .... I can't bear to comment on it but it wasn't ..........

Since I've made the only thread in the General thread today (in Rolling Mini of the Day), I assume I'd "some guy". I'm covering official v-set and WOTC cards on there, not my own customs. It would be fairly egotistical to devote a 50 page thread to rating my own customs.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 5:44:34 PM

TheHutts wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Since I've made the only thread in the General thread today (in Rolling Mini of the Day), I assume I'd "some guy". I'm covering official v-set and WOTC cards on there, not my own customs. It would be fairly egotistical to devote a 50 page thread to rating my own customs.

No, it wasn't you Hutt .... let me look it up ....

It was a guy named carlosdyc ... Inormally wouldn't "Out" someone but he's only made the one post a week or so ag0 ... he's on the second page of General under he thread "Coloured Cards" and as I said I normally wouldn't name names but he's apparently a one shot newbie who's disappeared after the one post.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2014 3:04:08 PM

Well, here I am again. Thought I'd retired from card making. Haven't touched them in a year and I had a pile of half done cards sitting around. Long story short I was cleaning out files, bumped into some new pics I'd randomly collected and next thing you know, here we are ( ... and I Still have 70 Odd half done cards.)

About these cards; This may/may not be my last batch (Not a threat BigGrin .) I haven't played since the June Regional's, I'm Very Out Of Touch with the latest V-Set cards, powers and abilities, and I honestly don't know if these have any potential other than I like their Potential (operating in my out-of-touch world.) Lastly, the Customs Forum seems to be reduced to stats lately; heck not that many created/painted figures and Zero cards so this may be a dead topic BigGrin

So if anybody actually is interested, I'd love to hear opinions. As I've always said commentary is always welcome, so for better or worse ..... in Alpha order just because.

Annoo-dat Blue Gangster Heck of a way to start since its at best average, but its Alpha so ... Liked the pic and just a Hutt Cartel grunt.

Dressellian Ordnance Chief I liked the idea of an Ordnance expert, liked the Proximity mines ideas and added a few other tidbits, plus loved the pic (Star Wars Fantasy Flight is becoming a great source, if a little inconsistant.)

Duros Covert Operative
Another Flight pic that I loved. I thought a non-Clone soldier that's a bit of a trouble maker would be fun.

Gank Master Assassin The Gank fascinated me, seemed like a good Hutt Cartel choice.

Gloom Walker Troop Leader Like the Gloom Walkers, thought the needed a Squad leader. Gave them the Super Stealth just because I think the Sith Empire was more than Sith Lords. Self Destruct seemed like a Sith natural.

Gotal Enforcer I guess I have an urge to give the Hutt Cartel some love. A different grunt from the Blue Gangster.

Hutt Cartel Thug Speaking of Cartel grunts, liked the Blast Cannon idea. Shotguns anyone?

Hutt Training Master No use having a Hutt Cartel posse without a Hutt.

Jawa Scrap Skiff The idea of joyriding Jawa's cracks me up; bonus points to anyone who can translate the Jawa saying.

Jedi ExplorCorp The more I look at her, the more I think I could've done something different with her, but I liked the pic and I wanted to do an ExplorCorp card.

Mandalorian Assassin Bonus points again for anybody who recognizes the pic. A Mandalorian Assassin seemed like a good idea.

Mon Calamari Militia Another non-Clone Republic grunt. I like the idea of a Homegurad kinda guy who's ready to defend his home world.

New Republic Commando I looked and six factions have "Commando's." The Vong don't count, the Sith have the Gloom Walker's and I've done Old Republic commando's but New Republic didn't have any, so .....

Port Customs Police Officer It threw me that a Kel Dor had an Imperial emblem but I read that they're rather black/white and law and order types so why not. I thought matching him up with the Customs Officer would be good.

Rakatan Soldier I thought I'd throw something different out there. I actually wanted to give him "Cannibal" but a defeated enemy is still only a defeated guy, eaten or not ... ah well.

Republic Master Technician I always thought the ISP Speeder had so much more potential than it did. Don't know if this piece helps, but, hey I tried ....

Rishii Diplomatic Messenger This is one piece I'm not sure about. Diplomat + Relay Orders seems risky; then again, it will make him a target by trying to eliminate/isolate him. We'll see I guess .... comments?

Separatist Saboteur The Seps are the most likely to have saboteurs yet didn't have one so why not.

Shistavanen Explorer Scout The Old Republic didn't have a scout I liked so ...

Sith Grenadier A Grenadier with grenade launcher sounded like a nice idea.

Slave of the Dark Side The Sith sounded like the type of people that would suck the lifeforce (Nihilus) as well as just the type to slowly leach it off their slaves. Here's the Life Force slave, so to speak .....

SpecForce Strike Leader The Reb Commando's had a squad Leader and I thought the SpecForce needed someone. She gives them a shot at surviving with Evade and Mobile Attack.

Talz On Narglatch Saw the pic and said "What a Great idea!" Tempted to give it Galloping Attack but resisted the temptation. I think it's a nice addition to the Talz micro-mini faction.

Trandoshan Wookie Hunter I suppose I should have made them Fringe but Wook says they were hired by the Imps; hired could mean freelance but also possibly have joined up with the Imp's. Hey, it's an idea .....

Yuuzhan Vong Shaper Tutor Frankly, I made this one up a year ago and I don't remember much about him, just that I wanted to create a Vong Shaper piece but more importantly give out a lil Spit Poison to some pieces.

Well, like the movie, a little "Good, Bad & Ugly" in this set. If nothing else, a little closure. I hope whoever you are you enjoy this. 60,000 hits; not bad for a broken down old Jedi. Enjoy and feel free to toss a comment or two. Happy Holidays!

Cheers,

Surf
Deathwielded
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2014 6:48:29 PM

Dressellian Ordnance Chief
Great image for the card. I love how he gives Rigged detonators. My only suggestion would be for him to have Proximity mines. Maybe even the new SA Defuse Bomb that was just revealed.

Duros Covert Operative
Wonderful idea! I really liked Covert Ops Training and
I wanted it on a better piece. with Cloaked I feel he has a good chance to survive with it. Disruptive also makes him deadly.
Now you really don't want to get close to that guy. I do feel he is undercosted for what he does though. But I really really like this piece.

Jedi ExplorCorp
I really like this pic too. I agree you could have done something different with this piece, but it's still cool

Mandalorian Assassin
yep I recognize it lol. Great set of stats too

Rishii Diplomatic Messenger
I don't see it as a problem at all. Actually I think you could lower the cost on this one. I really like the idea here. I think 7 points would be fair.

Talz On Narglatch
very cool. Nuff said

Good to see more of your stuff man. quality stuff.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2014 9:02:36 PM

Nice random cards Surf, Xmas has come early this year - its like opening a Booster Pack of cards only (which I always thought that WotC would do, similar to their SWTCG game).

I have to call broken on the Republic Duros Spec Ops commando ; that SA which forces people when they make attacks within 6 to save 11 for the Republic faction is - while awesome - just a little much for the same faction that has Yobuck and GSkywalker and GOWK IMHO. (alphabet soup of acronyms there haha) Maybe up the cost to near CIS Bodyguard droid levels?

The Jawa Scrap Skiff - SWEET! This may be the first time people have actually used Aurekbesh on a stat card; much like kryptonian, its an alpha-numeric cypher. Would you care to say what it says, for those that only speak Basic? BigGrin

Ezio Auditore da Mandalore-i, I mean, the Mandalorian Assassin... I wonder what, if any, creed they hold to... Puns aside, this would make for an interesting character during a Galidraan recreation.

I'm liking the Hutt Cartel and fringe love here - the synergy makes that faction playable again. Non-unique hutts are always appreciated too!

I am however noting a distinct lack of droids hahahaha and to a lesser extent, staggered activation vehicles. Staggered activation cards would be neat to have, especially for w40k style defensive emplacements (such as turrets, energy shield barriers, garrison buildings, etc).
We do already have some nice autoturret cards courtesy of yourself and a couple of others, but no faction specific buildings as yet, and no defense system or similar 'building squad ability'.
Weapons emplacements would definitely be capable of terrain deforming one would imagine.

EDIT:
@Surf or Lord Ball,
Did we ever make a T4 Turret Droid custom anywhere?
I did a quick search here and via google, to no avail...
It'd be swell to see one with staggered activation as a counter to the Clone TX130 Tank.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:06:49 PM

kobayashimaru wrote:
Nice random cards Surf, Xmas has come early this year - its like opening a Booster Pack of cards only (which I always thought that WotC would do, similar to their SWTCG game).

I have to call broken on the Republic Duros Spec Ops commando ; that SA which forces people when they make attacks within 6 to save 11 for the Republic faction is - while awesome - just a little much for the same faction that has Yobuck and GSkywalker and GOWK IMHO. (alphabet soup of acronyms there haha) Maybe up the cost to near CIS Bodyguard droid levels?

The Jawa Scrap Skiff - SWEET! This may be the first time people have actually used Aurekbesh on a stat card; much like kryptonian, its an alpha-numeric cypher. Would you care to say what it says, for those that only speak Basic? BigGrin

Ezio Auditore da Mandalore-i, I mean, the Mandalorian Assassin... I wonder what, if any, creed they hold to... Puns aside, this would make for an interesting character during a Galidraan recreation.

I'm liking the Hutt Cartel and fringe love here - the synergy makes that faction playable again. Non-unique hutts are always appreciated too!

I am however noting a distinct lack of droids hahahaha and to a lesser extent, staggered activation vehicles. Staggered activation cards would be neat to have, especially for w40k style defensive emplacements (such as turrets, energy shield barriers, garrison buildings, etc).
We do already have some nice autoturret cards courtesy of yourself and a couple of others, but no faction specific buildings as yet, and no defense system or similar 'building squad ability'.
Weapons emplacements would definitely be capable of terrain deforming one would imagine.

EDIT:
@Surf or Lord Ball,
Did we ever make a T4 Turret Droid custom anywhere?
I did a quick search here and via google, to no avail...
It'd be swell to see one with staggered activation as a counter to the Clone TX130 Tank.

@ Koba

Duros - as I said above; undercosted by 2-3 (which is where he'd be exactly at a 20pt CIS Droid Bodyguard!)

Jawa Skiff - The smart alec joyriding lil runts are saying "Boy, You’re one ugly mother!” ... what else would smart alec Jawas be saying?RollEyes

Buildings/emplacements - Other then the above mentioned turret, I did some cards (for amusement purposes only) for my aborted Imperial invasion vs 40k Imperial local militia shoot out but otherwise since a building is a building ion the SWM maps, I never thought of cards for them. What did you have in mind exactly??

PS - Comments as always appreciated Kob

Cheers All

Deathwielded wrote:
Dressellian Ordnance Chief

Great image for the card. I love how he gives Rigged detonators. My only suggestion would be for him to have Proximity mines. Maybe even the new SA Defuse Bomb that was just revealed.

Duros Covert Operative
Wonderful idea! I really liked Covert Ops Training and
I wanted it on a better piece. with Cloaked I feel he has a good chance to survive with it. Disruptive also makes him deadly.
Now you really don't want to get close to that guy. I do feel he is undercosted for what he does though. But I really really like this piece.

Jedi ExplorCorp
I really like this pic too. I agree you could have done something different with this piece, but it's still cool

Mandalorian Assassin
yep I recognize it lol. Great set of stats too

Rishii Diplomatic Messenger
I don't see it as a problem at all. Actually I think you could lower the cost on this one. I really like the idea here. I think 7 points would be fair.

Talz On Narglatch
very cool. Nuff said

Good to see more of your stuff man. quality stuff.

@Deathwielded

Dresselian - I wanted to leave him "Unarmed" like the czerka - haven't seen defuse Bomb yet (being out of touch.)

Duros Op - He might be "aggressively costed" but by no more than 2-3, but made up for it with the Riishi being 2-3 points overcoasted; like WOTC it rounds out in the end.

Thanks for the comments. Appreciate it.

surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:24:00 AM

In April of 2010 I started a Custom thread in Bloomilk, after being on WOTC’s boards since around 2007. In honor of the 5th anniversary (and roughly 70,000 hits on the thread) I thought I’d release this batch of cards. I honestly haven’t seen much of the V-Sets since V-Set 8 and although I’ve got V-Set 9 I’ve yet to play with it (maybe the regionals in June) so I’m a little rusty on the latest ideas; Mea Culpa.
Hopefully some fun cards here; grandkids and work have kept me busy and since I’m down to only playing 2-3 times a year I’m a little rusty. I used to do 4-5 sets a year and I just realized I haven’t done one since October. Hope I’m not too rusty to come up with some good stuff that’s still play-worthy.
As usual, I found the pics online and used what inspired me. Maybe some of these will inspire you into some feedback/critique. I hope the new movies coming out will keep the game going; enjoy. Again, as usual, I tried to get at least 1 piece from every faction and now, in alpha order ….

Alderaanian Security Agent What can I say, most likely a futile attempt at helping that poor Alderaan ian Trooper; but it couldn’t hurt. With Defense up to 21 and Stealth, he could be quite helpful in a Defensive line, and his sync’d fir gives him an +11 punch. Just an idea ….

Aqualish Guerilla The Vong laid waste to the Aqualish so I figured he’s a natural ….

Bothan Collaborator The Bothans weren’t always nice guys; I especially like the Sever Diplomatic Ties idea.

Chiss Commando I like the Chiss Commando teaming up with the Lieutenant here. I almost made him into a Chiss card; maybe down the road. Thought on this? Maybe make a dedicated Chis faction set since I have about a dozen Chiss pieces? He’s quite the nasty piece

Dark Hellion Extortionist I kinda like the Extortionist idea; it fits the biker character and with my Hellion Honcho, Black Sun has access to it.

Falleen Gambler Like the pic and was sure where to go with her; may redo her down the road ….

Flawed Vong Creature Hits hard but fragile; sounds flawed to me.

Force Initiate The Dark Side Acolyte from Clone Strike is the only non-unique Separatist pice with Force powers. An upgrade, plus Sith & Imp affinity since he would fit in ….

Fulcrum I thought it was fascinating that Ashoka pops up in SW Rebels, which makes her canon when so much else isn’t anymore. What would grown Ashoka be capable of? I deliberately avoided any ties to Anakin/Vader; too many potholes in that direction. I tried to stick to her simply as Fulcrum. Is she part of that opening scroll that says “Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against
the evil Galactic Empire?” Interesting …”

Imperial Contract Enforcer Just an interesting pic and someone that the Empire would use to knock off someone to keep it quiet without involving the military or wasting the use of the Hands.

Imperial Field Commander Someone to update the Imp Officer and consolidate some good abilities into one guy without bringing in a unique.

Jedi of the Living Force A non-unique Qui-Gon type.

Kashyyyk Warrior A Wookie to reflect what they would’ve done against Order 66 or the Imps.

Lieutenant Mitth'raw'nuruodo My version of a Much younger Thrawn who’s still out there in the trenches fight with some inspired leadership. I rather like this piece.

Mandalorian Electronics Expert Doesn’t hit particularly hard for a Mando but he sure can add some stuff to your squad. Hey, every Mando can’t be a stud.

Mandalorian Elite Super Commando Leader Neither Mando Commando or SuperCommando was particulary good, and with all respects due to the V-Set team, the Elite Supercommando was boring, so I took a shot at juicing up the two originals

Nagme I liked the Flawed ability; the Flawed Vong Creature and nagme seem like an interesting combo.

Old Republic Medic Just because, and he’s Selkath, which have a soft spot for …

Quarren Middleman This is actually a piece that just popped into my head yesterday. I especially like the Contractor and Wholesale abilities; they seem to have good potential in them.

Sith Terrorist Just a sneaky lil Sith that can mess with people.

Surveillance Droid Master He seemed like a natural for a sci-fi setting, especially with all the drone talk we’ve had on the news.

The Inquisitor My take on him; not sure if I couldn’t have done better; another piece I may revisit someday.

Tintinna Mechanic I liked the pic, modified his weapon a little and Presto, another typical Surf_rider creation; a low cost piece that can be amusing

Twi'Lek Infiltrator I tought the OR could use a little love in this set. Low costed (perhaps by 1-2) But vulnerable enough to make up for it.

Zonoma Sekot Guardian Not being an expert by any means on Vong, it just seemed like a nice idea.

Well, what can I say, they are what they are. Comments welcomed.

Cheers,

Surf
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 1:30:41 AM

Wow!
nearing 70 000 views is PHENOMENAL - congrats - it reflects the value people hold in your awesome, print ready high quality statcards that you've made over the years. If you've got a reward to hand, a drink or special reward for the milestone, now's the time BigGrin
Excellent work, Surf!

To the stats themselves,
they're all elegant. They mightn't be hypercompetitive etc, but I don't think they're too rusty. BigGrin I think you're in the zone, back in the rhythm of statcard making.
I am immediately drawn to the Force Initiate,
and the Surveilance Droid Master - these will see immediate print-n-play BigGrin

You may wish to refine the CE etc of the Surveilance Droid Master - may not be in a Separatist Squad or Kazdan Paratus, only effect droids whose name does not contain 'Battle' BigGrin It is an awesome piece for this droid fan.

The Selkan Healer is also great.

Excellent work adapting 'The Inquisitor" to SWMinis,
also for 'jedi of the living force' - perfect for representing Jedi from TOR.

|tangent: back in my day, we used to call 'Drones' "RemoteControl Planes".... BigGrin
there were rules about them where you could fly, because and speaking from experience, being hit in the head by a remote control plane when it fell from the sky or crashland hurt hehehe
checkout the model jets and mylar ion lifters on youtube- theres awesome quad-rotors etc.
they're nothing new, its just now they have cameras all over them connected with live-feeds to the internet/FaceBook etc... and its when we get to the Knight Rider level or autonomous vehicles without manual override (like in that stalone movie)...
we would have to worry then hehehe. BigGrin I don't hear much of that in mainstream media regardless... look into the F35D and LCS02's mission profile, the USS Independence/Coronado -they're drone control vehicles as part of Air-Sea and 'StarWars' declassify defense program... but that's a tangent for another time heheh. Also, look into - Projet Blue Brain, Boston Dynamics or Hugo deGaris etc... sentient AI is not too far away, as many different fields begin to converge on it.|
jak
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 5:24:07 AM

Awesome! Great work againThumpUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 5:40:26 AM

Epic! I especially like the Quarren middleman, droid surveillance technician! Awesome work. And I would love to see a rakatan faction!
darthlove502
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 6:06:03 AM

Are V sets legal at regionals and gencon? Is there any characters that are band?
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 6:15:45 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
Wow!
nearing 70 000 views is PHENOMENAL - congrats - it reflects the value people hold in your awesome, print ready high quality statcards that you've made over the years. If you've got a reward to hand, a drink or special reward for the milestone, now's the time BigGrin
Excellent work, Surf!

To the stats themselves,
they're all elegant. They mightn't be hypercompetitive etc, but I don't think they're too rusty. BigGrin I think you're in the zone, back in the rhythm of statcard making.
I am immediately drawn to the Force Initiate,
and the Surveilance Droid Master - these will see immediate print-n-play BigGrin

You may wish to refine the CE etc of the Surveilance Droid Master - may not be in a Separatist Squad or Kazdan Paratus, only effect droids whose name does not contain 'Battle' BigGrin It is an awesome piece for this droid fan.

The Selkan Healer is also great.

Excellent work adapting 'The Inquisitor" to SWMinis,
also for 'jedi of the living force' - perfect for representing Jedi from TOR.

Thank you for the compliments Koba. I may complain that the lookie lou's don't comment but they sure keep coming back!

I can definitely see the point regarding Seps/Battle Droids. Maybe just a No Seps would cure that; can also see where Kazdan could gum up the works The Suveilance Droid Master seems to have kicked up a lot of dust. Glad you liked this group.