RegisterDonateLogin

Your kind of scum.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 6:17:55 AM
Groups: Member

darthlove502 wrote:
Are V sets legal at regionals and gencon? Is there any characters that are band?

V-Sets are legal, I'm technically NOT a "Legal" V-Set, just an amateur, one-man operation.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 6:21:56 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Epic! I especially like the Quarren middleman, droid surveillance technician! Awesome work. And I would love to see a rakatan faction!

Glad you liked the Quarren; he was particularly satisfying since he came together so quickly and well if I do say so myself. Thanks for the Droid Master comment too. He seems to be a hit also.

Regarding the Rakatan's. I actually have a pile of them scattered throughout the thread. It may take a bit to find them in 30 odd pages but they're there.

Cheers
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:56:11 PM

Well, just when I think I’m out of ideas and I should just call it a career, some new pics and ideas pop up. I’ve been thinking this was the end of the road for the last 12-18 months yet here I am again. A peer once commented ” Honestly, I just get overwhelmed by the volume. You seem to put out entire sets at once - hard to know what to comment on.” In the spirit of that remark, I’ve cut down from my usual 25 card sets down to a more managable ( and faster) 12 cards this time around. Some pics inspire me and sometimes just off the wall ideas fly out from nowhere, so, submitted for your approval, in alapha order .....

Adarian Royal Caste Guard He wasn't originally Adarian, but I made him one anyway. I find the pic almost as interesting as the combination of Arrogant & Neutral.

Ahsoka Tano on Narglatch Found this pic on the web; immediately thought of Yobuck Lite; I imagine you need to target/kill her first or trigger her Knight Speed and unleash her Gallop Attack.

Colicoid Creation Nest Idea just popped into my head. Does this guy make Destroyer droids/Droideka worth playing more? Don’t know but it does make them more fun.

Elite Praetorite Vong Warrior Yet again, another stab in the dark at Vong. Still don’t know them well but the idea was nice .....

Imperial Sith Pilot The only non-unique Sith Pilot … except for a smuggler I made a few yaers back.

Inquisitorium Enforcer Apparently a rather popular piece I made for a contest, I threatened to make a card. I guess I carry through on my threats, so to speak. Interesting for a spur of the moment character; could be fun with a Palp battery.

Jedi Investigator My first conundrum. More powerful than I’d originally envisioned (Tholme was the inspiration) but he just kept growing. My rationalization; not every “powerful” Jedi was known in a Thousand Generations, and except for Force Ionize (Ionize IS a force power) everything else would be what you’d expect from a sneaky detective type (Phase, Cloak, Disruptive) and the ability to protect himself (Parry, Shien & MotF to Phase throw a Door and then defend himself or attack.) A bit more powerful than my usual, but oh well, why not.

Jedi Order Battlemaster I never really liked the two generic Jedi Battlemasters, Kyle didn’t have a CE and while Cin does give out Greater Mobile, its not a LS ability (guilty with my own Cin custom too.) Shien seems to be the way to go to help Melee Jedi types so here’s my piece.

Mandalorian Intelligence Officer The Mando tactician, except for his Tactician +4 & his CE, looks more like a fighter to me. I tried to make this guy someone who knows whats going on and his CE helps position people better, which is what an Intelligence guy would do.

Master Technician What would a real hacker of the highest order do? Mess with your electronics. Now, this girl has three new abilities (I’m hoping its not overkill or meta anything.) Scramble Transmissions; I didn’t want to copy the new V-Set Jam Transmissions, but I wanted to mess with Relay a bit. Disable Doorway. Luke, or was it Han, used to blow out the doorway controls, effectively jamming the door closed; Same idea. Master Override. Well if Override can open/close a door, couldn’t someone Really clever Override someone elses Override?

Old Republic Ace Kind of like the “Cover Me” ability. Sounds like something someone would say in battle and curiously no one else has used it.

Rodian Guerilla The Vong experimented on Rodians to turn them into mosters, so I can imagine the Rodian underground fighting to the death.

Well, some new ideas here. As always, comments appreciated (If I only had a nickel for all the lookie lou's .)

Cool

Cheers,

Surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 7:10:24 PM

Love the Colocoid Nest Engineer! Super cool and wish that was in the game!

All your force users are super cool too but the Jedi Investigator is a solid unique piece! Great job!

I would reword the battlemaster's CE if I were you though, or else when Obikin comes out that would be shien and soresu at +4 to save rolls for everyone. And on Mace, Yodabuk, or even as it's worded now (force users versus Lightsaber) a lot of fringe characters too.

Also master technician really seems to push the non-engagement route which I don't think is good for the game.

I do think your Sith pilot and Mando tactician are both super sweet though! Beautiful art too! And just great job all around. Never stop! And post these too the Vset ideas too, a lot of these are incredible fresh ideas for the game!
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:02:24 PM

@Surf!
There's a lot of sweet stuff going on here -
naturally, the Collicoid is one that's going "straight, to the pool room".
The Jedi Order Battlemaster, is perfect for a v3 Adi Gallia (even has here ep III face likeness), so that'll be a couple of tweaks and it'll be golden.
|I just cut and paste the pilot over affinity, and the name over the name|
The Jedi Investigator - i have to agree "electric justice"/"force ionize/electrocute" is the lightside version of "lightning jazz hands" - there's no cackling or smirking going on - the jedi uses that power only as long as necessary to achieve the envisaged effect (more like Dooku in EpII)
I immediately thought: "Xanatos" (QuiGon's failed apprentice prior to taking ObiWan as an apprentice).

Master overide on the Master Technician made me think of The Master v Doctor...
Shes an interesting piece, though... being a droid faction person... that said, if it counted as unique, I could easily see the "Scramble Transmissions" having the ante upped - not only can enemies within 6 not benefit from effects unless adjacent, yet... enemy pieces with "Relay Orders" and Droid, may be used by your squad for the purposes of CEs (your pieces benefit from any CE's that could be relayed through the piece with Relay Orders)... - It would be interesting to use the Mouse Droids against people who rely too much on them, for squad assault based tactics.
Master Override is neat, but, after Satchel Charge and the newer effects, its not as overpowered as might be initially thought.

Ashoka Tano on creature, that also is a "why didn't they do that?!" - they made 2 lameish, similarish actual figures, and
could have explored - dual swords (with more acrobatic crowd fighting), more synergy with Skywalken, or Obi
Maybe, levitate or some force powers (as depicted in the show, she's 'more than your average jedi' by virtue of having a master who's "The Chosen One" )
digression aside, thanks for having galloping attack, with base speed 8 (and 'overdrive' with Knight Speed, Bo'Shek suddenly becomes useful, as does greedo or Dr Evazan, Bonda Pabar...) - I'll be needing more low-cost, unique fodder to throw out there, so that Anistap, Yobuck and Ashokitty can hulkout. BigGrin

The Inquitorium Beatstick, that will go great with the Vader from that set also - It was a good angle on the booster design, a shame the "booster-pack design-off" seems to have waned onto the backburner somewhat.

If you're still having fun making the cards etc, enjoy it and 'surf' that wave as long as its a clean break hehehe
(maybe Imgur, Tumblr, Blogger, etc... those platforms also might generate extra commenting content,
I can't recommend high enough 'boardgamegeek', geeknsundry or devart; you put something up, and 10seconds later you've got reams of comments).
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:45:48 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Love the Colocoid Nest Engineer! Super cool and wish that was in the game!

All your force users are super cool too but the Jedi Investigator is a solid unique piece! Great job!

I would reword the battlemaster's CE if I were you though, or else when Obikin comes out that would be shien and soresu at +4 to save rolls for everyone. And on Mace, Yodabuk, or even as it's worded now (force users versus Lightsaber) a lot of fringe characters too.

Also master technician really seems to push the non-engagement route which I don't think is good for the game.

I do think your Sith pilot and Mando tactician are both super sweet though! Beautiful art too! And just great job all around. Never stop! And post these too the Vset ideas too, a lot of these are incredible fresh ideas for the game!

@GG

I too was concerned about the CE and was originally thinking more along there won't be That many high-powered worthy pieces affected, but the I counted .... Duhh. I changed the wording to "Republic force users costed below 35 points gain Shien Style." Awkward, but better.

Master Tech; several pieces have always "held back" and if she wants to Scramble Transmissions or mess with doors she has to move into danger/engagement range. She not much of a shooter, but she's Cloaked which means you probably need to base her (and she won't survive long most likely being a target anyway.)

Glad you liked the Investigator, Sith Pilot & Mando Tactician; 5 pieces getting comments is nice! Thanks! As far as the V-Set guys, they're not interested in us Customs guys, almost never see them in here (did see FlyingArrow here once) but they certainly don't comment on anything any of us do here sooo whatever Cool

kobayashimaru wrote:
@Surf!
There's a lot of sweet stuff going on here -
naturally, the Collicoid is one that's going "straight, to the pool room".
The Jedi Order Battlemaster, is perfect for a v3 Adi Gallia (even has here ep III face likeness), so that'll be a couple of tweaks and it'll be golden.
|I just cut and paste the pilot over affinity, and the name over the name|
The Jedi Investigator - i have to agree "electric justice"/"force ionize/electrocute" is the lightside version of "lightning jazz hands" - there's no cackling or smirking going on - the jedi uses that power only as long as necessary to achieve the envisaged effect (more like Dooku in EpII)
I immediately thought: "Xanatos" (QuiGon's failed apprentice prior to taking ObiWan as an apprentice).

Master overide on the Master Technician made me think of The Master v Doctor...
Shes an interesting piece, though... being a droid faction person... that said, if it counted as unique, I could easily see the "Scramble Transmissions" having the ante upped - not only can enemies within 6 not benefit from effects unless adjacent, yet... enemy pieces with "Relay Orders" and Droid, may be used by your squad for the purposes of CEs (your pieces benefit from any CE's that could be relayed through the piece with Relay Orders)... - It would be interesting to use the Mouse Droids against people who rely too much on them, for squad assault based tactics.
Master Override is neat, but, after Satchel Charge and the newer effects, its not as overpowered as might be initially thought.

Ashoka Tano on creature, that also is a "why didn't they do that?!" - they made 2 lameish, similarish actual figures, and
could have explored - dual swords (with more acrobatic crowd fighting), more synergy with Skywalken, or Obi
Maybe, levitate or some force powers (as depicted in the show, she's 'more than your average jedi' by virtue of having a master who's "The Chosen One" )
digression aside, thanks for having galloping attack, with base speed 8 (and 'overdrive' with Knight Speed, Bo'Shek suddenly becomes useful, as does greedo or Dr Evazan, Bonda Pabar...) - I'll be needing more low-cost, unique fodder to throw out there, so that Anistap, Yobuck and Ashokitty can hulkout. BigGrin

The Inquitorium Beatstick, that will go great with the Vader from that set also - It was a good angle on the booster design, a shame the "booster-pack design-off" seems to have waned onto the backburner somewhat.

If you're still having fun making the cards etc, enjoy it and 'surf' that wave as long as its a clean break hehehe
(maybe Imgur, Tumblr, Blogger, etc... those platforms also might generate extra commenting content,
I can't recommend high enough 'boardgamegeek', geeknsundry or devart; you put something up, and 10seconds later you've got reams of comments).

@Koba

Comments on half my set! Sweet, I should have gone small years ago. Glad you like the Collicoid; strange piece but potentially fun. The Battlemaster & Master Tech (Doctor Who aside) seem to be real lightning rods (no pun intended) of this set. Ahsoka Lite; great idea whoever drew the pic (Thanks!) and the Inquisitorium guy did go over well in the contest. Thanks for the comments! Comments from elsewhere? Deviantart would crucify me! I steal a lot of pics from there BigGrin and the other guys, I'm an unknown and I'm too old to start from scratch Cool
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 12:25:16 PM

@Surf,
small sets, huge sets - any size set is awesome! BigGrin
this is plasticrack in a can (think, air in a can ala SpaceBawls)
It's not your fault, or the cards themselves even - its just... some factions, I dislike or do not believe to ever exist (Nom Anor, Vong, the events at Sernpidal and the demise of chewie... nope never happened in this fans cannon). So, naturally, I wouldn't have much insight or comment to make on those pieces hehehehe

I cannot be thankful enough, for the sheer dedication and precision you put into these cards - they have brought many people a lot of fun times and much joy over the years.
I could write an essay on the awesome of each piece, and its combinatoric potentiality, but for the sake of brevity... BigGrin

I can't speak for all of DA, but most of them are cool with 'remixing',
and don't see dollarsigns everywhere or have money-rosecolored vision hehehe
though, I can empathise with having multiple platforms/webpresences - it can be an effort to repost between them all.
Luckily, there's GPOP5, and other bots/automated ways to do it.
It was more "if you're looking for feedback, it might be a case of mountain to mohammed/mohammed to moutain hehehe"

though, it is somewhat paradoxical -
doing the numbers on total people who have played or will play SWMinis...
from all cultures...
and expanding that to people who are fans of both tabletop wargames and Star Wars...
a paradox emerges - there oughta be a lot more traffic than we do see hehehe.
I can't for the life of me understand that - you'd think, at some point, those 'fans' would bother or venture to make a google search; to find more or new pieces, find others to play the game, or to find a way to sell etc.
They can't be 100% lurkers, so there should by rights be 100-1000 odd posters or commenters - yet,
not even ancillary mentions or googlesearch alerts... its odd eh?
(I think I overestimate the sample of the tabletop and starwars coincident fanbases, and also overestimate the conversion rates of 'will search for star wars miniatures' to 'will comment on statcard/content".) BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2015 8:59:31 PM

Ok, so I did a "half" set last time, so duhh here's the other half. I was supposed to go to the Regionals today, but family stuff came up and here I'm home. In penance, I release this bakers dozen of new cards. The usual hopefully will be present, like fun pics, new ideas and hopefully interesting cards. Enjoy. Cool

Clone Shock Trooper ARC this, Commando that ; since Clones come in all flavors (and keeping in mind the "purpose" of the Imp Storm Commando's) I present the Clone Shock Troopers.

Czerka H-K11 A Czerka predecessor to the HK47. He was hard to cost and I actually like him better than HK47. Possibly cost 30?

Dark Side Trooper The Sith can always use shooter grunts ....

Imperial Customs Droid I've already made a couple of Imp Customs cards & this one/idea seemed to fit.

Mandalorian Ice Trooper My answer to the Hoth/Snow Troopers out there.

Old Republic Adjudicator Now This card has the potential to be fun. Some new SA's that I hope will work the way they're intended.

Rebel Fleet Crewman Watched the new SW Rebels episode with Ashoka in it aboard the Rebel frigate and this piece popped up into my head (Sort of a Death Star Trooper type.) Didn't want to do a Tantive trooper piece but just a generic crewman with a single fun ability.

Rebel Quartermaster I saw this pick and I wanted to give the Rebels a Quartermaster that was true to the spirit of the job title, more so than the Mandalorian QM.

Rodian Rogue Liked the pic and gave her a couple of fun abilities.

Separatist Infiltrator I had to put together this pic from spare parts so to speak and then I decided to create a Seperatist "Bothan Saboteur" type.

Umbaran Master of Shadows Love the name, and once I came up with a suitable pic tried to match some abilities that seemed to fit.

Verpine Master Tech Sort of a updated Verpine Tech ...

Yun-Yammka Priest My usual fumbling attempt at creating a oiece for a faction I've never felt I understood as well as I probably should after all these years. The Yun-Yammka just looked interesting.

Well, let's call this my Independence Day Present. Comments welcome.

Cheers,

Surf
kobayashimaru
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2015 9:46:07 PM

Where do I start, there's all kinds of awesome going on here...
The CZH-K11 droid is my FAVORITE from this set!
It looks Tartakovsky clone-wars-y too, very nice piece (and, you already built a custom stat card for that droid in the arena too - I think we have all the pieces to recreate that arena battle...)

Yet, the Adjudicator is also a nice piece - very handy, yet, at the price point, and fragility, it wouldn't be too broken.
I'd like to see Super Stealth TKO squads vs that, and it also introduces a "Protect the VIP" side game too,
great work.

The sep-Cerean Infiltrator, that is an interesting build - great for scenarios.
(breaking the fourth wall with "I'm no pawn of the republic", I think a few palpatines have a different plan...)
BigGrin

The Rebel Quartermaster is also a great piece!
it will make trooper swarms a bit of fun in 300 or 500pt skirmishes, as a viable left flank.
The best part? It's not squad assault or combined fire - its a board-wide +2 atk and nades.

Great work, Surf, and thanks for the latest batch!
I don't know how you do it - they're awesome.

PS:
The Yun-Yammka priest's "Furious Razorbug Assault" made me think of batman... BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:05:13 PM

kobayashimaru wrote:
Where do I start, there's all kinds of awesome going on here...
The CZH-K11 droid is my FAVORITE from this set!
It looks Tartakovsky clone-wars-y too, very nice piece (and, you already built a custom stat card for that droid in the arena too - I think we have all the pieces to recreate that arena battle...)

Yet, the Adjudicator is also a nice piece - very handy, yet, at the price point, and fragility, it wouldn't be too broken.
I'd like to see Super Stealth TKO squads vs that, and it also introduces a "Protect the VIP" side game too,
great work.

The sep-Cerean Infiltrator, that is an interesting build - great for scenarios.
(breaking the fourth wall with "I'm no pawn of the republic", I think a few palpatines have a different plan...)
BigGrin

The Rebel Quartermaster is also a great piece!
it will make trooper swarms a bit of fun in 300 or 500pt skirmishes, as a viable left flank.
The best part? It's not squad assault or combined fire - its a board-wide +2 atk and nades.

Great work, Surf, and thanks for the latest batch!
I don't know how you do it - they're awesome.

PS:
The Yun-Yammka priest's "Furious Razorbug Assault" made me think of batman... BigGrin

Appreciate the feedback Koba; been on vacation the last few weeks visiting out of state kids and a nieces wedding. Glad you liked the pieces. I imagine that the rest of the world has been on vacation too since we're all looking at new mini ideas and the new V-Set. Ah well, that's what I get for doing the last few sets so close together. On with the summer.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 9:29:34 AM

@ Surf,
indeed BlooMilk +1
it'll all sort itself out, and hopefully there'll be even more new people playing
(there's been a spike of people joining Bloomilk and Lead-Adventure.de, as well as more interest in SWMinis in the local scene; a lot of folks like SWMinis compared to Imperial Assault for the simplicity, and the fact you can get 3 or 4 games in, during the same time it takes to run a 'proper' game of IA).
The thing I don't get, why it is 'content drought' for x amount of time, then "when it rains, it pours" and all of a sudden, there's a rush of content hehehe

Whatever floats the boat, because after a long time of boardgames/SWMinis 'drought',
we've finally got a lot of decent gaming options AND lots of people who'll game. BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:38:43 PM

Ok, so I started summer with a mini set and I'm ending it with one. Last time I made the mistake of releasing my stuff before all the Regionals were done and the student players were out of school. So maybe with school starting, vacations over, a short set, hey, I might even get more than 1 comment! .... Oh, it's time to wake up ... seriously, some new ideas, some fun pics, hopefully inspired characters, there Might be something worth using in here. Now that I've finished this, maybe I should finally check out the new V-Set .... Enjoy one and all.

Ewok On Speeder Bike We start off with a bit of whimsy; saw a pic of Endor, this popped into my head and that's the story. Hopefully it's nuisance value is as amusing as Jar Jar's.

Hunter Seeker Buzz Droid .... it's flavor text says it all .....

Jyn Odan, Rebel Smuggler While I'm not normally a Unique kind of guy and prefer non-unique's. I figured why not, plus her description actually gave a pretty good idea of what she could do.

Mandalorian Pugilist Can't remember how the "Crushgaunts" popped into my head, but this character is the result. Frankly the title seems awkward, but its the best I can come up with right now.

Nautolan Grenadier Long ranged attacks seem to be the best way to hit Vong so .....

Outer Regions Explorer It seemed like a good idea, not All Republic troops were clones (just seems like it.)

Reconaissance Troop Transporter I think I saw this in a Rebels episode and said why not; the Rebels have their cart.

Red Knight of Life Yet again, not a Vong expert, but I bumped into this while wandering the corridors of Korriban, and other than arguing with myself over Fringe vs. Vong (with Outsider) I thought it was an interesting idea. The picture wasn't as easy to cobble together as you might think. Extra credit to those who can name the book they first popped up in.

Sith Patrol Droid Liked the idea/pic. I think I read about them in passing in a story ....

Talz Commando .... another Talz. Got the idea after reading up on Broonmark (I made a card for him but I can't remember if I released it .... Hmmmm. Tried to model him after a cross between a Wook commando and a Reb commando.

The Force Thief More whimsy, albeit a little more evil oriented. A mischievous Yoda, what an idea (No lightsaber either. That would've made him Sith.)

[b Trade Spine League Mercenary[/b] With a nod to the Uprising (No, I don't play it and likely won't) but it does introduce and new group (Trade Spine League) and an excuse to play with the idea of freelance Mercs. I always like the idea of Mercs, but questioned the idea of the movement restrictions.

Trade Spine League Mercenary Commander A piece to give the previous character a lil something extra. Sort of a Nym lite. Tried to limit them with the "Limited Personnel" ability. Some pieces, even if they're not unique, shouldn't have That many sitting around (Too many chiefs, not enough indians idea.)

Ok, so that's this bunch. Hope you like them; Good, Bad, indifferent? Comments welcome!

Cheers,

Surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:53:33 PM

Nice new releases!

Clone shock trooper is super sweet! Cool simple mix of abilities

CZH is also extremely deadly and I think you could up him to 30 though being unique should help reduce his power in the seps.

Dark side trooper is pretty slick and a nice cheap cool option to, reminiscent of the galactic alliance troopers

Customs droid is very interesting. Can't decide if he would be better one point cheaper or his cost needs to come up because of mass activating. Which means he is probably good there haha

Adjucator at first seemed overpowered but I think if it is within 6 that should be ok. Maybe making her unique or upping cost (with a filler ability) is a good route though so there isn't a few of them running around shutting down people shooting

Rebel fleet crewman is sweet, for ease of abilities you could just give him synergy or rookie though

Cool mix on the Rodian!

For the Umbaran master of shadows I think spy is too strong of an ability to be used on non-uniques. Maybe swapping it to aggressive negotiations or invisibility/cloaked. But as is with spy he would have to come up to around 40 points.

Way cooler Verpine then the one we have with WOTC. Is that upgrade permanent or just as long as they are adjacent?

Yun-Yammka priest is amazingly cool and a great boost to the kind of bleh followers.

Haha love the ewok for randomness. But maybe simplifying his ability to karmic evade or some such where he gets -4 or +4 to evade rolls is simple

And hunter seeker rocks! Though I would drop cost to 10.

Jyn is super awesome and a great fit. Would love to see you do a custom Rianna Saren/Zeeo.

Pugilist rocks! Would be fun to set up with Kelborn. Though as is you need to rephrase it or his turn is done when he gets his bonus damage. Maybe make it a replaces turn and make an adjacent attack at +30 damage?

Grenadier looks fun but if it's anti Vong you want you should give him rigged detonators and up the cost to 20-25

Can people attack from the troop transport? If so you may need some more text.

Sweet red knight! And wasn't it the very first book while Nom was undercover?

Sith patrol droid is very cool and useful

Force thief is very tricksy and interesting option as is.

Also the mercenary pieces are pretty cool but I think their restrictive movement is their unique flavour to the shooters. And would have tried to boost that route but it is cool seeing something else. Maybe making that mercenary commander a unique would be simpler too? Though we don't really know names yet.

Great job all around though
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 2:42:57 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Nice new releases!

Clone shock trooper is super sweet! Cool simple mix of abilities

CZH is also extremely deadly and I think you could up him to 30 though being unique should help reduce his power in the seps.

Dark side trooper is pretty slick and a nice cheap cool option to, reminiscent of the galactic alliance troopers

Customs droid is very interesting. Can't decide if he would be better one point cheaper or his cost needs to come up because of mass activating. Which means he is probably good there haha

Adjucator at first seemed overpowered but I think if it is within 6 that should be ok. Maybe making her unique or upping cost (with a filler ability) is a good route though so there isn't a few of them running around shutting down people shooting

Rebel fleet crewman is sweet, for ease of abilities you could just give him synergy or rookie though

Cool mix on the Rodian!

For the Umbaran master of shadows I think spy is too strong of an ability to be used on non-uniques. Maybe swapping it to aggressive negotiations or invisibility/cloaked. But as is with spy he would have to come up to around 40 points.

Way cooler Verpine then the one we have with WOTC. Is that upgrade permanent or just as long as they are adjacent?

Yun-Yammka priest is amazingly cool and a great boost to the kind of bleh followers.

Haha love the ewok for randomness. But maybe simplifying his ability to karmic evade or some such where he gets -4 or +4 to evade rolls is simple

And hunter seeker rocks! Though I would drop cost to 10.

Jyn is super awesome and a great fit. Would love to see you do a custom Rianna Saren/Zeeo.

Pugilist rocks! Would be fun to set up with Kelborn. Though as is you need to rephrase it or his turn is done when he gets his bonus damage. Maybe make it a replaces turn and make an adjacent attack at +30 damage?

Grenadier looks fun but if it's anti Vong you want you should give him rigged detonators and up the cost to 20-25

Can people attack from the troop transport? If so you may need some more text.

Sweet red knight! And wasn't it the very first book while Nom was undercover?

Sith patrol droid is very cool and useful

Force thief is very tricksy and interesting option as is.

Also the mercenary pieces are pretty cool but I think their restrictive movement is their unique flavour to the shooters. And would have tried to boost that route but it is cool seeing something else. Maybe making that mercenary commander a unique would be simpler too? Though we don't really know names yet.

Great job all around though

First of all, thanks for the comments! You went back a couple of sets so I had to look up what you were talking about myself. Lets see if I can get to everything ....

Clone Shock Trooper/Dark Side Trooper, Rebel Crewman, Rodian, Priest, Jyn, Knight, Sith Droid ThumpUp - Thanks, simplicity is what I like in my non-uniques

CZH is also extremely deadly and I think you could up him to 30 - I've always gone better under than overpowered ...

Adjucator at first seemed overpowered but I think if it is within 6 that should be ok. Maybe making her unique or upping cost (with a filler ability) is a good route though so there isn't a few of them running around shutting down people shooting Anything below 12 is always tricky to cost; I thought about making it a unique, but just couldn't ( the idea came from Dune's planetoligist character.) I just made a new ability, Limited Personnel, that limits it to no more than 2 per squad. I may add that to her.

Umbaran master of shadows I think spy is too strong of an ability to be used on non-uniques. Maybe swapping it to aggressive negotiations or invisibility/cloaked. But as is with spy he would have to come up to around 40 points. ... Yet a spy is what he is, and he's so weak at 30 HP, the second he shoots, he'll get the one shot off before he's dead. I thought the vulnerability would compensate. Mara is the only "Spy" and she's got 140 HP!

Verpine - Is that upgrade permanent or just as long as they are adjacent? No, like anything you get from "supplies" I ment it for the remainder of the skirmish.

Ewok . but I kinda like the "Out Of Control" idea!!

Hunter Killer Again, under 13 pricing is tricky, and its pretty much aimed at mice; exterminators are pricey!

Pugilist - Though as is you need to rephrase it or his turn is done when he gets his bonus damage. Maybe make it a replaces turn and make an adjacent attack at +30 damage? ... But as a Melee fighter, isn't his turn done when he gets his two "Punches" at +30 each? Or is that not understood?? Rule Check!!

Grenadier Detonators would be nice, but I still say keep it simple ...

Tansport I'm assuming the "guns" you see are the ones shooting; the troopers are probably keeping their head down. We don't let troops shoot from the carts do we?

Force Thief Yea, I liked a tricky sorta Yoda as a concept Cool

Trade Spine Union Yea, until we learn more I wanted it to be simple. The 'Limited Personnel" is my temporary answer to being a Unique

Thanks for the comments, and points for recognizing the Red Knights!! ThumbsUp

PS - I did a Rianna about 10 months ago; she was on my "Redo" list so here's her updated card

kobayashimaru
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 8:52:49 PM

Top stuff -
the force thief is a nice angle, and Pathfinder/NECA gremlins could be great to bitz-bash as figures (equally, some Bones models).
the Ewok on Bike? Awesome - I wonder why that was never made before?
The Eaglemoss speeder and a couple of the die-cast models near 1/48; 1/52, they'll be great as a proxy.
Where are the 'Trade Spine' fringers from, as in; the Expanded Universe materials?

great work Surf BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:35:56 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
Top stuff -
the force thief is a nice angle, and Pathfinder/NECA gremlins could be great to bitz-bash as figures (equally, some Bones models).
the Ewok on Bike? Awesome - I wonder why that was never made before?
The Eaglemoss speeder and a couple of the die-cast models near 1/48; 1/52, they'll be great as a proxy.
Where are the 'Trade Spine' fringers from, as in; the Expanded Universe materials?

great work Surf BlooMilk

Trade Spine Union is a "Faction" in the Uprising game that just came out. Doesn't have great reviews but I came away with about 8-9 good pics/ideas from it.

I can tell you're busy, but thanks for the comments.

PS - I would've thought the CP-3O on throne would've been after an Ewok Speeder too; WOTC just didn't have much of a sense of humor.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:07:00 AM

Too true, too true Surf - maybe WotC instinctively knew Ewoks could be a dangerous subfaction with Logray hehehe

Also, thanks for the tipoff about SW:Uprising - like Diablo III, or more like Skylanders? (shudders at pg13 SW)
More SW games are better than no SW games.
And, I can empathise with some neat ideas from screenshots, thanks for the find! BigGrin

apologies for blunt sentence phrasing - I'm in-between languages atm heheh.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:21:29 PM

"In-Between Languages" - in this world's day and age, No Comment Cool Personally, my brain feels fried after a long hot summer. But being stuck inside alternating between hot/cold with the air on & humidity, I've already got eight or nine ideas .... even got a droid or two.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:04:12 PM

@Surf,
until the universal translator is made and reliably transliterates...
if you switch between multiple different modes of discourse, it can cause a headache or a "stuck"
effect by the end of the day hehehe
Not to mention, end up like yoda-speaking style, you will... hehehe

that is exciting news about "moar droids" though
(related tangent: have you heard about Boston Dynamics becoming part of Google?
they're apparently going to make 'real' R2 units soon around the 800USD pricepoint for a basic model - they'd be handy.
Petman 9 is creepie though... JVT 17-19 series is also creepie)
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2015 10:34:26 AM

Hello lurkers and actual people! I just woke up today and decided to stop fooling around and finish this latest group. I've got some hopefully interesting stuff here. I try to take inspiration from the pics and sometimes an idea just sticks from my reading. Too busy grading papers so not in a talkative mood. Maybe the cards will speak for me. New format in that its a dozen cards today. One per faction with Fringe getting 3 since they're so wide open and anything could fit in there. Comments from one and all welcome.

Chief of State Daala This popped into my head after listening in on the arguments over Daala's V-Set character and it struck me that that version was imperial and I thought (what would she be like as a New Republic leader, especially during the Temple siege when she hired the Mando's. Hey, its an idea :)

Covert Sullustan Operative Found this a few weeks ago and immediately loved it. I had several ideas about how to use him but settled on this one; never having used the Black Ops ability before, I'm wondering if its not costed right. I'm sure the peanut gallery will let me know.

Domain Anor Infiltrator As I've stated many times before, the Vong are not my best understood area of the "Legends" part of the EU, frankly they're also the hardest to find new pics for and finally it's getting harder to come up with new characters (the V-Set boys are much better read up on in this area.) Still, here's an idea that I hope is useful.

Gevar Khai, Sith Saber I made a Vestara Khai almost three years ago and I'm just now getting around to making her father. I was tough finding a suitable pic and almost as tough making him in general; a nasty character, ability wise yet not too tough because Ben held his own for awhile against him. Still, I hope he's worthy.

Han Solo, Imperial Cadet Now here's an interesting idea; Han in that short time he was an Imperial cadet. What would Han have been like as a very young adult? Impulsive and conflicted? Probably. A good shot and better pilot? Very probably. Did I do a good job portraying him? Heck if I know :) But its an interesting idea.

Jawa Sniper I was thinking of Jawa's and it popped into my head. Between Tusken Raiders, Krayt Dragons and unfriendlies in general, I wondered if Jawa's had outlying observers or snipers to cover the crawlers as they opened up for business. As always, just a thought.

Kubaz Operative I've been cobbling pics together more lately. A suitable torso here, som matching legs there. This is one of those and I sorta made up a character/name. Some ideas look better than others :)

Neimoidian Subaltern In my ever growing desire to make Seps into something other than droids, I present another cobbled together pic and I like the idea of Neimoideans actually being soldiers. I made a Ground Commander 3 years ago and I made his 2nd in command here. I'm not sure about him but I loved the way the pic came out.

Ric Olie, Naboo Hero Reading up on him, I didn't realize he was so stiff-necked and uptight. Here's another problem doing Republic; it's getting harder to do anything not Clone/Jedi related. Oh well, here's another Naboo pilot. I was conflicted about giving him a Commander effect for pilots. The Naboo pilots don't need help.

Rogue Killer I must confess I created him almost a year ago and he kept getting bumped off every set since. I loved the pic though and said enough already, let him go.

Trade Spine League Smuggler I made this card a few weeks ago and since have discovered he's the leader of the Trade Spine group and has a name. I said oh well and am letting him out. Plenty of non-uniques in WOTC were really unnamed Unique's, and a smuggler's still a smuggler.

Veteran Mandalorian Trooper I've noticed a lot of V-Set Mando's lately unique's; another example of a Faction that's running out of "job descriptions" for a military group I guess unless you're imaginative. Still, if you're an older Mando, you're probably a tough old soldier. Except for grenades or missles, I'd imagine this is what a Mando vet might be like.

So, lets end the summer with a new set. I hope everybody finds something worthwhile in here. Again, comments always appreciated.

Cheers,

Surf

PS - Koba, I actually have 2-3 droids floating around here somewhere, but I'm not 100% happy with them yet so pushed back a set or two. Maybe next month ....