RegisterDonateLogin

It's against Bloo Milk's programming to impersonate a deity.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2016 12:41:09 AM
Groups: Member

Nice! Great job! I like them both and cool ideas for each. I think Rey's cost should come up slightly though as she is going to be a tough nut to crack especially with mettle
SignerJ
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2016 7:32:08 AM

Great job! I think that's the most on-point Rey I've seen. Hits the flavor spot-on without being too "fan-card"y.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2016 9:12:32 AM

StarKiller97 wrote:
I thought he should've had Embrace of Pain too, but everyone said that he shouldn't. Neat!

How could he not? He gets shot by Chewie, slashed, by Finn, and still fights against Rey. Necessary ability.

General_Grievous wrote:
Nice! Great job! I like them both and cool ideas for each. I think Rey's cost should come up slightly though as she is going to be a tough nut to crack especially with mettle

True, but the point generator came out to that and its most accurate calculating costs between 20-40 points. It said 33, so I rolled with it. If nothing else, it's slightly "aggressively costed" by no more than 2-3.

SignerJ wrote:
Great job! I think that's the most on-point Rey I've seen. Hits the flavor spot-on without being too "fan-card"y.

Thanks, appreciate it Sign. These two were the more interesting of all the new characters. Finn = Red Two Wedge at best; Finn is an Elite Stormie with maybe Accurate and something else generic like mobile or grenades. Phasma, Maz, and most of the other minor characters had almost no screen time ... and do we really need more Han's Chewie's and Leia's?

I may get back to my original, next set in a week or two, and I do have some cards pics of ready for Phasma, Commander Beck and the Guavian Death Gang Enforcer's as sone as I find out what they are/can do.

Thanks for the comments all.
CerousMutor
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2016 10:24:41 AM

Very Nice work.

Rey is spot on.

Kylo is proving to be difficult.

I don't agree with Embrace of Pain on him but it works for lack of something more fitting.
everything else is great
...the more I think he really should have Force Pull over Push.
juice man
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2016 11:34:52 AM

CerousMutor wrote:
Very Nice work.

Rey is spot on.

I don't agree with Embrace of Pain on him but it works for lack of something more fitting.
everything else is great
Agreed. Works unless someone comes up with something better. He was pounding his wounded side as he fought. That's very "Embracy"
CerousMutor
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2016 11:51:54 AM

More fuelling I saw it.

Embrace works on having a weak base character that you have to get damage to improve, IMO.
I've never found the real use of it yet lol.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2016 7:51:38 PM

juice man wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:
Very Nice work.

Rey is spot on.

everything else is great
Agreed. Works unless someone comes up with something better. He was pounding his wounded side as he fought. That's very "Embracy"

CM, he used both Pull & Push in the movie, but since I've made him relatively weak as a melee character, I gave him Push to keep the enemy at arms length.

@Juice - Yes he was quite the penitent taking in the pain and almost relishing it, like he wants to show Grandpa he's worthy of his mantle. BenRen has got some serious personal issues going. Can't wait to see Leia confront him and see his reactions ... which brings up another of the multitude of questions we already have; will she finally display some of her own force abilities in a SW movie. Mama may be quite pissed about Han's death.
CerousMutor
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2016 11:44:53 AM

Just seen your Gevar Khai, Sith Saber!!!OMG OMG Woot

What do you use to make these templates! They are Love
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2016 12:35:25 PM

CerousMutor wrote:
Just seen your Gevar Khai, Sith Saber!!!OMG OMG Woot

What do you use to make these templates! They are Love

The ideas are just studying Wook for what the characters might be capable of. The program is simply Office Powerpoint, the templates are just the newer WOTC ones (never liked the original templates,) and the pics are just hard work surfing and cleaning them up. Most of this is just effort. But thanks for the comments!
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 9:20:24 AM

Well, the movie seems to have thrown me totally off my "regular" cardmaking. Since my Rey and Ren cards were so well received (ThumbsUp) I thought I'd do two more

Finn, Soldier of Conscious

Personally, I tought he'd be nothing but a souped up Elite Stormtrooper but after thinking about him, he looked a little more nuanced than that so here's my take on him.

Guavian Death Gang Enforcer

So, are the Guavians a rival of the Black Sun, an associated group? Who knows, but they had some specific and interesting abilities.

I'll probably finish, release my regular set next week. Hope you enjoy, comments always welcome!

Cheers,

Surf
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 9:31:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Where do you find this artwork? Do you draw them?
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 10:17:19 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Where do you find this artwork? Do you draw them?

I wish I was talented enough! No, I just surf & steal. I would never try to sell this stuff (that would cause me serious problems,) I just do it for fun. If I can't find a suitable pic, I just cut/paste and color it to suit. What did you think of them?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 10:19:56 AM

I think they're pretty amazing. And you always seem to find the right image for each character. So much so that surfing the web and always finding exactly what you need seemed unlikely. Nice job.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 10:28:49 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I think they're pretty amazing. And you always seem to find the right image for each character. So much so that surfing the web and always finding exactly what you need seemed unlikely. Nice job.

"The right image" is sometimes what gives me a hint or inspires me; that and reading Wook to get what they are capable of being. I don't want to be a Fanboy and just give them what I want. I'm a one man operation and I don't have the luxury of having others tell me I'm an idiot so I try to get it right the first time BigGrin
juice man
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 12:37:27 PM

For Finn did you want "conscious" or "conscience"? Looks good, but not really sure about Accurate Shot.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 12:46:01 PM

I think Finn should have Bravado.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 12:47:36 PM

juice man wrote:
For Finn did you want "conscious" or "conscience"? Looks good, but not really sure about Accurate Shot.

Good call on Conscience; problem with spellcheck is it won't tell you that you picked the wrong word! Accurate Shot came from the SW book where hit made 34 out of 35 shots (or something like that) and if he's the best stormtrooper he can probably shoot pretty well.
juice man
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 12:52:57 PM

Ah! Movies usually leave something out in translation from the books. In the movie he wasn't that hot of a shot. What's the book name? The Force Awakens?
P.S. Agree with FA. Finn should have Bravado.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 1:08:10 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I think Finn should have Bravado.

juice man wrote:
Ah! Movies usually leave something out in translation from the books. In the movie he wasn't that hot of a shot. What's the book name? The Force Awakens?
P.S. Agree with FA. Finn should have Bravado.

Should have mentioned the book - The Force Awakens: Before the Awakening

As for Bravado, agree it would have been nice, but 5 SA's seemed to be pushing it. Accurate, Avoid & Protective were nobrainers. Deadeye, again best stormie possibly ever and Evade just because he seems to be in the middle of firefights and never gets shot.
bradu
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 1:09:04 PM

This is a MASSIVE project! Great work. Is there somewhere you've got all the images posted, making it easy to print?