RegisterDonateLogin

Many Bothans died to bring us this Milk...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:29:59 AM
Groups: Member

corranhorn wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
Personally, I'd rather have 1.5 times the amount of cards than have the originals get generic backs.

Yes, I'd actually have the big card art of the mini Like WOTC did. Gamers put generic backs on their cards. I toyed with the same idea since it would be "cheaper" to do one backing for the cards.

This is what happens when you get bored ...... Unsure

What can I say, creating it was amusing Cool

Ah, yes, the 1970s...Tongue

kobayashimaru wrote:
@surf
It looks like the time vortex from austin powers... BigGrin

Actually, I always thought it looked like the Time Tunnel TV show from the 60's but then I'd be showing my
age ..... Blink
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:08:24 PM

Interestingly enough, I've actually got about 35 cards in the early stages of being mapped out (Names of characters and card pics done) and if I get time this weekend I might have them fleshed out in a week or so; then again its baseball season and the weathers too nice to stay indoors BlooMilk

Somebody asked if I ever did a V-Set type of "What Do You Want To See" and I said that would be too scary and its more fun if I come up with my own (So I can take all the blame/credit myself BigGrin )

Cheers
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 3, 2013 3:34:08 PM

Hello All. This may sound like a bad movie but “It’s quiet in here … too quiet.” Not much seems to be going on here in Customs land, so I thought I’d contribute something to start off the summer gaming months. I’ve been busy at work and this took a little longer to finish than I thought. Ah well, such is life in the fast lane ….

It’s quite the mixed bag this time around. I’ve got every faction represented except the Republic plus a generic Jedi Order mini and a Je’daii from the Dawn of the Jedi series. The usual disclaimers go here and the usual call for commentary from the peanut gallery. Any and all comments welcomed and hope you enjoy the show.

Enjoy BlooMilk

Admiral Trench Not that anybody thinks the Seps need help or anything, but the word “Pilot” jumped up and bit me when looking at Trench. So, looking for trouble, I’ve created Sep Pilot’s, godz have mercy on my soul. Hey, don’t shoot the messenger, they were their according to Wook … I just call it the way I see it.

Advanced Jedi Padawan Whoever the young lady is (Got the name somewhere around) does exist in the Old Republic EU and I thought I’d toss out a different type of Padawan here, albeit as a generic.

Arcona Infiltrator He’s just the type of salt-addicted troublemaker that the Imps would employ to cause trouble yet could control.

Armored Mercenary Just an idea after looking at the Merc commander; I’d be more inclined to Furiously Assault something if I was armored. Nice pic too …..

Bel Zana, Je'daii Ranger As always when I do Je’daii, I’m extrapolating what they can do because the comics don’t always give much ….

Bimm Emissary So, how much trouble can a Diplomat cause if they can move before a round starts and block a door/passageway?

Cathar Sith Hunter She’s just the kind of pain that the Sith would use; the pic’s not nearly in the type of “action pose” I’d like but oh well.

Dagobah Swamp Denizen I call him “Evil Yoda” because this could be what Yoda had been like if he’d gone the way of Kazdan Paratus.

Devaronian Infiltrator Going on with my last sets Sith theme of non-unique trouble makers, I borrowed “Anarchist” from the V-Set and created a Sith mini that would stir up the pot.

Droid Pilot PK-4 … and since I’ve presented Trench, here’s his Droid Pilot.

Elom Thug For my next act, your typical Hutt Cartel troublemaker. Elom weren’t too smart so there’s only so much you can do with them.

Exploration Ship's Apprentice Sort of the Door Gimmick version of an Uggie.

Falleen Jedi Knight A generic Falleen Jedi for you ….

Fosh Operations Officer I looked at him and thought “fussy.” A fussy kind of character would be nitpicky about things, hence “Efficiency Expert.”

Geonosian Undead Drone No, let me say this upfront, he’s NOT a zombie. He’s undead …

Ithorian Medic Quote from Wook; “…the ability to violently expel air, resulting in a deafening and potentially concussive scream … even common Ithorians possessed this strange talent.” Since they could conceivably all do it to some extent, I created the “Ithorian Bellow.”

Karina the Great, Queen of Geonosis Well, Somebody had to create the Geonosian Undead ….

Mandalorian Loremaster Is this as close to a priest as the Mando’s get? I kinda like the “Loremaster” SA.

Outer Rim Alien I thought some strange alien that’s hard to kill but can be reasonably dangerous would be fun. Should I have changed the Poison Dart name because I made it save 16? Save 11 for this guy might’ve been too much, or would it have been about right?

Rebel Repeating Blaster I made him Speed 4 since he’s a Caarite and a little guy carrying a big gun has gotta be a bit slow.

Shistavanen Scout I thought a fast wolf being a spotter would be about right ….

Snivvian Tibanna Tapper While reading Wook I bumped into the concept of Tibanna gas being rather explosive/flammable. I thought what better than a grenade that hits someone using a weapon that might ignite the Tibanna gas. I hope I’ve worded it correctly to fit the concept. Unsure

SpecForce Comm Tech I gotta admit I’m not sure about this girl; a SpecForce trooper should be dangerous; yet this girl doesn’t seem to be worth the cost. Should I have upped her Attack to 7/8 and Damage to 20? Huh

Trianii Ranger Captain I made a Trianii Ranger last fall; here’s a companion piece to make it more interesting.

Umrach This lil guy looked interesting And dangerous; the perfect Vong piece. The idea of a creature being created as you terraform a planet sounds interesting. This guy should be quite interesting bumping into fodder and requiring the attention of something high powered to kill it.

Undercity Outlaw Tech This pic is cobbled together; In amusing face with a body that would match. For whatever reason I wanted to create an Undercity Tech Thief and while the wrench is as untechy as you can get, I guess you could say it would lull people into thinking he’s harmless.

Well, as usual I have no idea if I’ve presented anything interesting to you all or not. I can only go by comments. ThumpUp

Cheers BlooMilk

PS I got killed in my Regional tournament last weekend. I lost a close one first game (My Rebel Grenades couldn’t kill his Vong fast enough) and I rolled over in my rolls in my second game; I think I Literally rolled “1” four times in a row at one point and lost like 10 out of 11 saves in the second half of the game. That’s the good news. Don’t ask about the third game ….. No Bloo Milk Maybe I’ll be luckier with this set .BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk .. 
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, June 3, 2013 5:56:34 PM

Dang, you have to put out a new bunch right when I've got finals coming up. Razz I'll get to them when I get a chance.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:33:25 AM

Neat! Great new batch, really liking them.
only one thing I'd point out, ought the unique CIS droid pilot have the unique SA? BigGrin

great work otherwise, the faleen jedi is my favorite of this batch, though the fusspot Fosh 'inspector' got a lol out of me.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:58:27 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
Neat! Great new batch, really liking them.
only one thing I'd point out, ought the unique CIS droid pilot have the unique SA? BigGrin

great work otherwise, the faleen jedi is my favorite of this batch, though the fusspot Fosh 'inspector' got a lol out of me.

The droid pilot series was called Droid Pilot PK-4 in Wook; I don't think its a unique in and of itself, but then again I didn't write the article BigGrin

"Fusspot" is a good adjective for the Fosh ... and I'm not surprised you liked the Falleen BlooMilk
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 10:32:52 AM

Okee, here I go.

Tench-I lke him but I'm surpised not to see something like It's A Trap.
AdvJediPad is cool, but it might be a bit too expensive.
That Arcona Infiltrator is a piece of work! Nice job. ThumpUp I think it makes more sens to gi ve the Armored Merc comething besides Furious Assault, sicne he can get that from the Merc Commander.
Bel Zana may also be a tad overcosted but from what I know of the character the stats look perfect.
That Bimm Emmissary is awesome. Great idea dude. ThumbsUp
Acute Senses is a great idea.
Evil Yoda is awesome! ThumbsUp Where'd you get the pic?
That Devaronian Infiltrator will be mighty fun to use...
That Falleen Jedi is way cool. ThumpUp
The Fussy Fosh is a cool set of Sas/CEs, I like EE.
I think you need to add replaces attacks to Ithorian Bellow.
The Queen and her Undead look good. ThumpUp
I think the Mando Loremaster is too powerful. Normally I don't just use an aboslute like that but for a low cost piece that CE is too powerful.
I think you could reasonably lower the Rebel Repeating Blaster's cost to 15.
Yeah, I think 7 Attack and 20 damage would work for the SpecForce comm girl.
Undercity Outlaw Tech is a pretty cool concept, good stats too.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 5:53:02 PM

corranhorn wrote:
Okee, here I go.

Tench-I lke him but I'm surpised not to see something like It's A Trap.
AdvJediPad is cool, but it might be a bit too expensive.
That Arcona Infiltrator is a piece of work! Nice job. ThumpUp I think it makes more sens to gi ve the Armored Merc comething besides Furious Assault, sicne he can get that from the Merc Commander.
Bel Zana may also be a tad overcosted but from what I know of the character the stats look perfect.
That Bimm Emmissary is awesome. Great idea dude. ThumbsUp
Acute Senses is a great idea.
Evil Yoda is awesome! ThumbsUp Where'd you get the pic?
That Devaronian Infiltrator will be mighty fun to use...
That Falleen Jedi is way cool. ThumpUp
The Fussy Fosh is a cool set of Sas/CEs, I like EE.
I think you need to add replaces attacks to Ithorian Bellow.
The Queen and her Undead look good. ThumpUp
I think the Mando Loremaster is too powerful. Normally I don't just use an aboslute like that but for a low cost piece that CE is too powerful.
I think you could reasonably lower the Rebel Repeating Blaster's cost to 15.
Yeah, I think 7 Attack and 20 damage would work for the SpecForce comm girl.
Undercity Outlaw Tech is a pretty cool concept, good stats too.

Well, lets see ....

Trench - He already has a lot; didn't want to go "Fanboy" on him ....

Adv.Pad & Bel - My new policy "Better to be 2-5 over rather than 2-5 Under."

Armored Merc - Hmmm I made the Merc Commander obsolete and made more room on the squad
for something else ... and what is the problem? RollEyes BigGrin

Bimm - I also thought it was an interesting idea; I've also got the solution for the
problems he creates. BlooMilk

Cathar - I think she's a dangerous piece against mid-level melee; she can't go toe to toe against the big boys and serious ranged weapons will get through evade sooner or later. How lucky do you feel?

Anti Yoda - Amusing, isn't he? I can't remember what I'd put in as the search word, but he popped up on deviantart.

Devaronian - The combo of snare, mobile & anarchist could be very interesting.

Fosh - his look just struck me as being a stuffy, snotty lil twit ... efficiency expert!

Ithorian - good idea! Going once, twice, sold! .... Feel free to change iton downloads. I'm a little busy with grades right now to do it on the card. Maybe in a few weeks if I remember.

Loremaster - You might be right; I costed him 20-25; going against my own rule I went with the low end (cost 21) instead of 25. You think 25 is about right?

Caarite Rebel Repeater - The Clone Repeater is 23; its comparable given speed 4 and
the character being "smaller." Isn't 15 being too agressively costed?

Purple SpecForce girl - she was my biggest head scratcher. To bring her more in line with the SpecForce group, I can see Attack 7 and Damage 20.

To all the likes, thanks.

What did you think of the Tibanna Gas Grenade?
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:58:11 AM

Well ... I guess Reginals are taking everybodies time; such is life BlooMilk

I actually have the next set mapped out and half done but I may take some time off ....

Arrivaderci .......
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:41:57 AM

Trench-Fair enough. Flapper
Adv.Pad & Bel-That's a good policy, I think.
Armored Merc-But-but you can't! That goes against my programming...mind shutting down...

Yes? Who are you?
Bimm-Now I'm curious...
Cathar-Not lucky enough to take her on. Sneaky
Anti-Yoda-Was that art for Star Wars originally?
Ithorian-Mwahahah! One step closer to thread domination!
Loremaster-Honestly I just think the CE is to strong for anything short of a very high cost Unique (something 50 or up).
Caarite Rebel Repeater-Not really. The clone has easy access to GMA (the Caarite can get it too but it's much more of a pain) and the Speed 4 really hurts a GMA piece like this guy, who has to move to cover by the end of this turn or die. Additionally, one less shot is pretty big when it's 1/4 of the shots. 'd go 16-17, maybe 15 was abit too low.

Tibanna Gas Grenade-Huh, dunno how I missed that on my first runthrough. great idea, although I think the part about blasters needs some clairfication as to what counts as a blaster.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:48:21 AM

corranhorn wrote:

Anti-Yoda-Was that art for Star Wars originally?

Loremaster-Honestly I just think the CE is to strong for anything short of a very high cost Unique (something 50 or up).
Caarite Rebel Repeater-Not really. The clone has easy access to GMA (the Caarite can get it too but it's much more of a pain) and the Speed 4 really hurts a GMA piece like this guy, who has to move to cover by the end of this turn or die. Additionally, one less shot is pretty big when it's 1/4 of the shots. 'd go 16-17, maybe 15 was abit too low.

Tibanna Gas Grenade-Huh, dunno how I missed that on my first runthrough. great idea, although I think the part about blasters needs some clairfication as to what counts as a blaster.

Anti-Yoda - Actually can't remember if it was a SW related search.

Loremaster - Well ... Maybe as a Trader type ability? One adjacent character per turn gains?

Caarite - 16 it is!

Tibanna Gas Grenade - I think I have the only Slugthrower so if you can shoot at someone, it's a blaster. Do I need to say that?
pegolego
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:19:38 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
Personally, I'd rather have 1.5 times the amount of cards than have the originals get generic backs.

Yes, I'd actually rather have the big card art of the mini Like WOTC did. Gamers put generic backs on their cards. I toyed with the same idea since it would be "cheaper" to do one backing for the cards.

LOL, love the Indiana Jones looking text. Nice emblem! And that Admiral Trench is amazing!
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:45:36 PM

pegolego wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

Yes, I'd actually rather have the big card art of the mini Like WOTC did. Gamers put generic backs on their cards. I toyed with the same idea since it would be "cheaper" to do one backing for the cards.

LOL, love the Indiana Jones looking text. Nice emblem! And that Admiral Trench is amazing!

The Indy type font is called Adventure. If I ever make pdf's of my cards (I have no way to post pdf's to the net) I may make this my backing, or toy with something more faction-y. You liked Trench huh? I thought the concept of Sep droid pilots was interesting.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 11:20:44 AM

Well, summer's here, my vacation to Paradise is next week and I've been itching to get out some new ideas. I've actually had most of this mapped out since Memorial Day, but life and work always seem to get in the way. However, I hope these new ones are will be worth the wait.

I noticed that the V-Setters were releasing some vehicles and since I've had some of these myself sitting on the backburner I thought I'd kick them out now. I've also got some unusual new species and fun ideas to go along with them. Everybody but the Vong are here plus a generic Jedi; sorry, no zombies! Comments are welcome as always .....

PS - As I started to finalize these I saw something unintentional and possibly unconscious; many of these would be perfect Uncommon's because many have the same base stats (30 HP, 17 Defense, 6-8 Attack, 10 Damage) ... and I Swear this was entirely unintentional OMG ... go figure ....

In alpha order I believe, submitted for your approval;

Anomid Security Chief A cobbled together Anomid pick, he just looks like a no-nonsense kind of guy. The rapport idea I think is interesting; by the way, do All Security officer types Have to have It's A Trap! ??

Assault Speeder This is an actual miniature I found on the net. Interesting idea. It's a little pricey ($20) but its the right size for SWM's (No I'm not trying to sell them.)

Barabel Combat Instructor Frankly, this is more of a desire to create a Barabel more than anything. We didn't need a Barabel Diplomat so I came up with something else ...

Chiss Political Assassin While making my Bimm Emissary last set I thought about how inconvenient Diplomats can be on occassion; so why not, as I hinted to Corran last month, have a counter specifically for Diplo's that you could bring in as reinforcements if your opponent has a bunch of them. Scared

Frenk Recon Pilot A new Species .... More of a function of the pic telling me what card to create, I decided why not make him a Recon Pilot as opposed to just another generic pilot.

Gotal Pilot Do All Gotal's have to be the "Bad Guys?"

Houk Smuggler A generic Houk instead of using him as the TOR figure he is; sort of the cheaper Sith version of the OR Smuggler.

Imperial Agent I noticed the Rebels have all kinds of Agents, so why not the Imperials?

Impulsive Wookie Youngling Not a Jedi Youngling, just a young Wookie that probably gets into a lot of trouble. Did you get the hint he's Impulsive? RollEyes

Iotran Medic Here's a strange idea, a warlike Iotran as an Imperial Medic. Hey, even Imps get hurt.

Jahan Cross Yes, I've been reading comics ... Sort of a Dash/Kyle type of guy ...

Jenet Forward Observer Another new species; had to think about that Artillery Director ability; not quite Hollow Veers and I wanted to give the OR some real teeth. I think I made a Clone version a year or two ago.

Koorivar Elite Trooper Another new species; supposedly they were on Mustafar when Darth Anakin went there to clean house.

Mandalorian Enforcer Another option for a melee Mandalorian ....

Miraluka Jedi Master A generic Miralukan just for fun.

Mission Vao, Republic Hero Does anybody actually use KOTOR's version? Liked her concept, didn't like the WOTC piece ...

Mon Calamari Spacer Just a simple Mon Cal, albeit a pain if he gets a couple shots off.

Moogan Weapons Smuggler I'm sure they All didn't look Egyptian. An idea for a weapons dealer.

Neimoidean Shuttle I always like the pic of the shuttle. Could be used as a small drop ship, especially for a multi map game. I could see some Sep Commando's making an end run to flank some Clones on a large game grid.

Peace Brigade Hired Gun This is as close as I get to a "Vong" piece this set. Just a Peace Brigade troublemaker that would help destabalize a government.

Ronto II Patrol Craft I found this pic a year or so ago. I figure a massive government/military like the Republic should have had some type of patrol craft around.

Shadowport Entertainer Did you know there're over a dozen synonyms for "lady of the evening?" Just a Shadowport-y type of idea for amusement only.

Ubrikkian Tank Another card that's been sitting around for a year or so. One of these days I may do my Pirate and Bounty Hunter sub-factions .... maybe.

Veteran Alpha Arc Trooper Just liked the pic, and an excuse to create an Alpha-Class ARC since there were 100 of them.

Zabrak Trooper Just a different type of NR trooper, for fun more than anything else.

Well, there they are. Hope you find something entertaining in this set. Comments are what I feed off of and I'm always happy to hear everything/anything. Happy 4th!

Peace.

BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk
dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:07:25 PM

Outstanding work, the stats all seem fair as well, some if not all would make good Vset characters with just a little rewording to coincide with established SA,s and FP.s.

Dread
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 8:58:35 AM

dreadtech wrote:
Outstanding work, the stats all seem fair as well, some if not all would make good Vset characters with just a little rewording to coincide with established SA,s and FP.s.

Dread

Appreciate the look see Dread. Always nice to hear an old timers opinion BlooMilk
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 9:14:28 AM

Shadowport Entertainer's pic is from FF10-2! sweet!
These images are amazing!
Keep up the awesome work!BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 9:24:17 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
Shadowport Entertainer's pic is from FF10-2! sweet!
These images are amazing!
Keep up the awesome work!BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk

The pics are the only thing about them you liked?Blushing Blushing
pegolego
Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 9:35:20 AM

Love Zabrak Trooper. Zabrak's are WAY cool. And that Veteran Alpha ARC is SOOOO awesome.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 9:46:14 AM

pegolego wrote:
Love Zabrak Trooper. Zabrak's are WAY cool. And that Veteran Alpha ARC is SOOOO awesome.

Thanks, what did you think of the Chiss Political Assassin?