RegisterDonateLogin

Is in command now.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 28 Meetra Surik (The Jedi Exile) Old Republic Heroine or Fringe Outcast Options
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:42:24 AM
Groups: Member

Here are the Rules:
1. The character must be cannon and from the chosen faction. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.
2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)
3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )
4. Please rate the characters in this contest, however don't be so base as to 1 bomb the other characters in this contest. This is a friendly contest, just have fun, be honest and do your best.
5. Voting will look like this: "I rated so-and-so(A) an 8, so-and-so(B) an 9, and so-and-so(C) a 7. My vote goes to so-and-so(B). (this vote counts as 1 point) Please feel free to comment on why you made your choice, (what you liked) or not and just put your scores.
6. Too make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must vote for all characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.
7. The character that is rated the highest in the Bloo Milk rating system will receive a bonus of 2 points. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive (for example: so-and-so(B) received 3 individual votes and received the bonus 2 for being the highest rated character for a total of 5 points)
8. you may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline (from Tuesday-Thursday you may get advice and change your character accordingly) Friday at midnight before any votes are cast is the deadline.

The schedule will be like this: Monday the winner of last weeks CCC will announce his choice for the character (including his faction), from Tuesday till Friday characters can be created/updated but on Friday you must have picked one character to submit. Then voting will be held on Saturday, Sunday and Monday until 4, Monday night the winner will be announced and the next character picked.
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:44:11 AM

The character can either be Old Republic during the mandalorian War or during the Jedi Purge after Revan left, or during her adventures when she was in unknown space right before KotOR II
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:54:50 AM

Hey, I'm all for building fringe outcast versions of Old Republic heroes.
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:33:11 AM

I'm ready to go, but I can't post it yet. There is so much juicy info on the wookieepedia for her. I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with.

EDIT:

Everybody is firing away now so here we go not sure which one yet though. Confused
Meetra Surik, Light Force Spirit
or
Meetra Surik, Exiled Jedi
Kamikaze13
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 6:08:43 PM

I've never done one of these before because not having enough time. I'm still not sure if I do, so my reviews will not be the most in depth, but I'll try anyway.

Here's mine: Meetra Surik, Jedi Exile
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:33:59 PM

donnyrides wrote:
I'm ready to go, but I can't post it yet. There is so much juicy info on the wookieepedia for her. I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with.

I'd be careful about using Wookieepedia on this piece. While I have not read the article entirely, I have no doubt that parts of it are incorrect, or that some parts are not representative of the character's abilities in the game. Not to mention, there is a good deal of fan speculation about the Jedi Exile (even more if you don't consider the Revan book).

I suppose it doesn't matter much, though, since there aren't any other easily accessed, time-saving sources available.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:16:41 AM

The Jedi Exile, Old Republic General

Not a fan of the name "Meetra" so I went the Exile name route.
CerousMutor
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:02:41 AM

Meetra Surik, Disciple of Revan

Meetra, basically her at the end of the Revan Book.
No longer a wound, reunited with her friend and aligned with Lord Scourge, and not forgetting ever faithful T3.

donnyrides
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:32:48 AM

It's decision day. While I like my spirit version better, I think I am going to submit my Fringe version instead. OR could use a spirit but we are seeing more and more renew 1 printed on cards so spirits aren't as useful.

Here is my entry

Changed my mind. I do want to submit my spirit.
Meetra Surik, Light Force Spirit
Deathwielded
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:41:14 AM

I several different versions of Meetra and I would like some feed back on them. I'm not sure which one I want to pick yet I guess it depends on which one I get the best feedback on!

BTW feedback sale! If you leave feedback on one of my characters I will makes sure to leave feedback on your character/s. (this is the point of the contest)

Here are my possible entries:

This version is her during her exile were she relies on her SA's and easily can be force Immune.
Meetra Surik, Jedi Watchmen
Meetra Surik, Jedi Master
Meetra Surik, Jedi Weapons Master
These three are versatility pieces that all boost the old versions and represent the 'versatility' (Tongue) and variety that the KotOR game gives you.
Commander Surik Old republic Trooper commander under the command of Revan.

I'm so far considering either the Jedi Master version or the Exiled Jedi version.
saber1
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:07:58 AM

I tuned up an old piece and an older piece.

Meetra Surik, Wound in the Force
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:24:11 PM

Exiled Hero

Tried to embody the ideas of the game.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:29:15 PM

Here she is literally at the beginning of the game:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/17470/meetra-surik--the-forgotten
donnyrides
Posted: Friday, February 7, 2014 1:18:36 PM

I have to say, it is pretty hard to compete against the original WotC piece. Simple and powerful for under 50 points. A rare perfect piece IMO.
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, February 7, 2014 4:59:24 PM

Tonight is the deadline to have your character fully updated and entered in the contest
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, February 7, 2014 5:16:05 PM

My choice for this week to be different is Meetra Surik, Exiled Jedi
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Saturday, February 8, 2014 1:22:49 PM

Kamikaze13's Jedi Exile 8.75
Interesting choice with Wound In The Force +Precision 2 means a potential auto +20 damage when fighting Force Users.

Lord Ball's Old Republic General 9
Sort of an upgraded Old Republic Wedge.

CerousMutor's Disciple of Revan 9
Nice tie with Revan and Scourge.

donnyride's Light Force Spirit 9
Good for the OR to get a Force Spirit interesting touch with heal.

saber1's Wound in the Force 8.75
Force Cipher is cool, but seems almost too overpowered, the cost seems just a little low with that +Triple GMA.

General Grievous' The Forgotten 9
Basically the level 1 or 2 game version.

Deathwielded's Exiled Jedi 9
I like the game-based ideas here. Very original.

My vote goes to Deathwielded
CerousMutor
Posted: Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:15:49 AM

Phew! Long live KOTOR2!
Exile Fans arise!
Tough group this week.

Kamikaze13's Jedi Exile 9
Cammaradarie really puts some meat on Revan. SS + 21 def, plus LD,LA LP+20 she is a fighter!
The CE is sneaky! Misread it at first. Mover her and 2 allies, I like a lot. A nice ammount of movement to help Revan use his CE.
Nice arrangement of abilities too.

Lord Ball's Old Republic General 9.5
GMA,Double and 21 is very beefy, plus Cunning makes a deadly mix; it's good represntation of her skill, with no need to through in too many fancy abilities.
I don't think Battle Precognition is getting what it deserves. Stagger your movements, then finish them off with this ability.
Really mess with your opponents game plan, very good. Plus the CE makes her very deadly.
I wish I'd put Mobile in my CE, totally over looked that.

CerousMutor's Disciple of Revan
Really worked on keeping the cost low, so you could build a "playabale"sqaud with Revan, Scourge and T3.
The CE is there to make her more useful in other squads, plus I did not want to forget the rest of her commpanions

donnyride's Light Force Spirit 8.75
The only Spirit to make it to the end. I really like Spirit heal, I thought about an essence heal but moved away from her ghosty form.
I might be wrong but dont think Drain works. She cannot attack and you have an ability that replaces Attacks.
This is why I scrapped my idea, too much re-inventing to get an accurate Meetra Ghost.

saber1's Wound in the Force 9
Good representation of the overall picture of Meetra.
Not going down easy; Triple, GMA, plus 22 Def so you dont really need to worry about AoO when running about.
Cipher really opens up this piece, she could get incredibly dangerous depending in her opponents placing.
The additional OR character help is nice and following her death, you are super boosting someone.
Very fun character.

General Grievous' The Forgotten 8.9
Clean and slick.
I know this is an early in the game version of her, but I think I would prefered to see her with double & Lighstaber +10 so she could make great use of the Czerka.
Still, there is plenty to get out of her for her price.

Deathwielded's Exiled Jedi 9
With her low HP and Attack, I first thought she was a glass cannon, especially with evade and Force Ascetic but Force Withdraw really balances the piece out.
Heal helps stretch her out and helps adjacents.
Mines make her though, a nasty nasty ability!
Guaranteed to create a few choice words from your opponent.

Gungan Batman Clone Exiled Hero 9.5
IO was a nice choice since she was on her own. 20 def + LD is great. Affinity is spot on! Great to see some love for Kreia and MANDALORE!
Force Defence and Healing Aura are great additions, really help out a squad. Defo catches the feel of the game.

Well a tough shout...bloody tough.
I am torn between Ball and GBG.

my vote goes toLord Ball
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, February 9, 2014 2:29:59 PM

Kamikaze13's Jedi Exile 8.5
Interesting different version of the Exile with an emphasis on force user battling.

Lord Ball's Old Republic General 8.6
Old Republic super Wedge makes for a nice commander

CerousMutor's Disciple of Revan 8.5
Really like the boost to T3 and Force Essence but think that uneasy alliance could be a CE or perhaps force bond.

donnyride's Light Force Spirit 8.9
I really like this one, great fresh idea, fills a new niche for characters and force ghosts and reflects her well.

saber1's Wound in the Force 8.4
Force Cipher is interesting but almost to crazy for me especially using high powered ones like force shield and battle meditation, she is costed high but maybe some more restrictions on force cipher to just allied characters and lower point cost. Her Force bond and force powers are spot on though.

General Grievous' The Forgotten
I went for a different low cost version of her to mix things up a bit and tried to capture that moment at the beginning of the game when you were running around exploring.

Deathwielded's Exiled Jedi 8.7
Similar to what I was going for, I like the fresh unique ideas and the low cost, and who doesn't like mines?

Gungan Batman Clone Exiled Jedi 8.8
I really like the CE simple and fitting as well as the affinity, I think Healing Aura is a tad overcosted but otherwise great piece.
donnyrides
Posted: Sunday, February 9, 2014 5:12:42 PM

CerousMutor wrote:

donnyride's Light Force Spirit 8.75
The only Spirit to make it to the end. I really like Spirit heal, I thought about an essence heal but moved away from her ghosty form.
I might be wrong but dont think Drain works. She cannot attack and you have an ability that replaces Attacks.
This is why I scrapped my idea, too much re-inventing to get an accurate Meetra .

Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit has a replaces attack ability. I think the intent of "cannot attack" was to keep ghosts from making an actual attack against an enemy. Every piece gets a movement phase and attack phase.