+9 Atk
20 Dmg

Unique
Covenant
Melee
Double
GMA
Camraderie (Unique Covenant > GMA)
Force Bond (Master Lucien Draay > Knight Speed/Lightsaber Protection 1)
Rapport (n/c Draay cost -6)
Rival (Non-Covenant character with an ability whose name contains Meditation)

Force 4
Force Premonition (Force 2, Cancel a Force power used before the first activation of the round)
Knight Speed
Lightsaber Protection 1 (Force 1, when this character would take more than 20 damage, reduce the damage to 20. This damage cannot be prevented or redirected)

I like the function of the piece. And I love Lucien Draay, so anything that helps him, as long as he isn't broken or anything. My only gripe is Force Premonition. My main reason being, Republic just lost their only init control with Qui-Spirit, as well as The Sith lose another main person in Caedus :( If he proves to be competitive. Then the Qui-Gon piece is obsolete. And Sith are reduced another option. I hope Darth Baras proves to be better than what he looks to me. Diplomat still works with Force Spirits right? Like if you have LOS to a DS FS, then you can not target a character with diplomat?
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:43:10 PM
Groups: Member

I think the rival for Bastila is function-based: with Q'Anilla, Lucien can suddenly do his Triple Attack on the move at Speed 8. 90 Damage isn't a ton, but the 150 with Dispassionate Killer is... well, killer.

EDIT: HEY! GET THAT QUOTE OUT OF YOUR POST! People can read the stats on that dark background Tongue
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 3:05:11 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
I think the rival for Bastila is function-based: with Q'Anilla, Lucien can suddenly do his Triple Attack on the move at Speed 8. 90 Damage isn't a ton, but the 150 with Dispassionate Killer is... well, killer.

EDIT: HEY! GET THAT QUOTE OUT OF YOUR POST! People can read the stats on that dark background Tongue

Meh, it's fine. I just hope that the stats came from somebody listening to the SHNN.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 3:22:26 AM

The hope is that she will be the cornerstone of a new squad type that can play WITHOUT Bastila (or the Arkanian Jedi General).

Covenant already exists obviously, but without Bastila they aren't good enough. Master Q (as we call her) is quite the bang for her points, but obviously brings that restriction.

Also note - she doesn't directly have rival for Bastila. She has rival for NON COVENANT characters with an ability whose name contains meditation. So yes, that includes Bastila (and a few others).

Rival Bastila would be inaccurate. Rival for anyone outside of the Covenant using a Force Meditation ability is accurate. She was OBSESSED with preventing the Sith coming back. Anyone outside of the covenant they detected using something like that would immediately be suspected. Of course ironically the Darkside grew within the Covenant, but that could be an aspect portrayed on a future covenant character.

So - her Rival ability is ACCURATE in-universe, as well as an integral GAME FUNCTION. It is both.

Clearly at this time the Covenant subfaction (specifically the uniques) need to be expanded. We hope that future design teams with make the rest of the Unique Covenant watch circle members.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 3:44:44 AM

Ya, it's a weak explanation, but I like that there is one. It also stops odan urr from playing with them as well, so I guess it is not just Bastila.

I like powerful sub factions, and I like covenant, and I like uniques, so I am with you in desiring to see more added to it and I desire for OR to be competitive.

I will try it some covenant in some Fun matches for sure

shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 3:46:50 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
The hope is that she will be the cornerstone of a new squad type that can play WITHOUT Bastila (or the Arkanian Jedi General).

Covenant already exists obviously, but without Bastila they aren't good enough. Master Q (as we call her) is quite the bang for her points, but obviously brings that restriction.

Also note - she doesn't directly have rival for Bastila. She has rival for NON COVENANT characters with an ability whose name contains meditation. So yes, that includes Bastila (and a few others).

Rival Bastila would be inaccurate. Rival for anyone outside of the Covenant using a Force Meditation ability is accurate. She was OBSESSED with preventing the Sith coming back. Anyone outside of the covenant they detected using something like that would immediately be suspected. Of course ironically the Darkside grew within the Covenant, but that could be an aspect portrayed on a future covenant character.

So - her Rival ability is ACCURATE in-universe, as well as an integral GAME FUNCTION. It is both.

Clearly at this time the Covenant subfaction (specifically the uniques) need to be expanded. We hope that future design teams with make the rest of the Unique Covenant watch circle members.

Can a designer please address the issues with Force Premonition for me? I just feel like it completely makes some pieces unplayable. I mean, cutting Darth Caedus' damage in half with no LOS, and no range is pretty brutal? Master Q also completely nerfs Qui-Spirit, or Arca Jeth. Vader of Lothal has his damage cut in half. All Surpise move pieces lose their movement breaker. I just feel like for 11 points (including the rapport) She is a beast. Any insight into what squads she was tested against? Did you guys want to nerf Caedus and VoL? She seems cool and all, but to me, she is a step back in the design process because of how she just washes other characters effectiveness. It looks like a different type of Bastilla... With the exception of instead of everyone, it only hurts Force Users... ThumbDown
SithBot
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 4:16:32 AM

shmi15 wrote:

Can a designer please address the issues with Force Premonition for me? I just feel like it completely makes some pieces unplayable. I mean, cutting Darth Caedus' damage in half with no LOS, and no range is pretty brutal? Master Q also completely nerfs Qui-Spirit, or Arca Jeth. Vader of Lothal has his damage cut in half. All Surpise move pieces lose their movement breaker. I just feel like for 11 points (including the rapport) She is a beast. Any insight into what squads she was tested against? Did you guys want to nerf Caedus and VoL? She seems cool and all, but to me, she is a step back in the design process because of how she just washes other characters effectiveness. It looks like a different type of Bastilla... With the exception of instead of everyone, it only hurts Force Users... ThumbDown

ya, I think you have a very valid point Shmi15.

If it had a range I would be fine with it since she can max use it twice and you at the very least have the possibility of getting out of range. (Force Defense has range 6 and force absorb has adjacency..)
Wow, that is powerful!
It does suck for our poor VoL. The one hope of fun Imperial right now. So that really does suck.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 4:35:43 AM

SithBot wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

ya, I think you have a very valid point Shmi15.

If it had a range I would be fine with it since she can max use it twice and you at the very least have the possibility of getting out of range. (Force Defense has range 6 and force absorb has adjacency..)
Wow, that is powerful!
It does suck for our poor VoL. The one hope of fun Imperial right now. So that really does suck.

I do think the force power was designed poorly and think it should at the very least require LoS, but that being said this piece will prove to be a non-issue for the game. You want to give up Bastilla for force premonition be my guest I'd rather you do that in any squad I have ever ran. heck I'd rather people want to run covenant at a tournament to cancel 3-4 pieces then run bastilla that just screws up entire squads lol.

Honest opinion, this piece will end up being played for fun and a nice little tier 2 covenant squad will be possible, but in the end it will be like http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1391/bombad-general-jar-jar-binks-on-kaadu he nerfs tons of stuff too, but you never see him played.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 4:55:25 AM

shmi15 wrote:

Can a designer please address the issues with Force Premonition for me?

Did you guys want to nerf Caedus and VoL?

Yes. They are 2 very powerful pieces that are very polarizing. Sure some people like them, but many people hate them. Keep in mind they BOTH have MotF 2, while Master Q does not. So they can still do their thing, it just takes more FPs.

Deaths_Baine wrote:
You want to give up Bastilla for force premonition be my guest I'd rather you do that in any squad I have ever ran. heck I'd rather people want to run covenant at a tournament to cancel 3-4 pieces then run bastilla that just screws up entire squads lol.

Essentially agree with this. Bastila was certainly needed in set 1 and her design was brilliant to allow by far the worst faction in the game by the end of WotC, the ability to compete. But now we need to offer more alternate options that don't stack with her. Arkanian Jedi General is one, and will continually get better with more sub 30 options, but Master Q is another option. Most games, Force Premonition won't get used.

Btw it's a premonition. It wouldn't make sense to need LoS. Besides, she's blind anyway. LOL
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 5:10:46 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

Yes. They are 2 very powerful pieces that are very polarizing. Sure some people like them, but many people hate them. Keep in mind they BOTH have MotF 2, while Master Q does not. So they can still do their thing, it just takes more FPs.

Deaths_Baine wrote:
You want to give up Bastilla for force premonition be my guest I'd rather you do that in any squad I have ever ran. heck I'd rather people want to run covenant at a tournament to cancel 3-4 pieces then run bastilla that just screws up entire squads lol.

Essentially agree with this. Bastila was certainly needed in set 1 and her design was brilliant to allow by far the worst faction in the game by the end of WotC, the ability to compete. But now we need to offer more alternate options that don't stack with her. Arkanian Jedi General is one, and will continually get better with more sub 30 options, but Master Q is another option. Most games, Force Premonition won't get used.

Btw it's a premonition. It wouldn't make sense to need LoS. Besides, she's blind anyway. LOL

LoS for game function-- lots of things don't need line of sight or make any sense, like force grip why does it follow targeting rules?
shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 5:59:09 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

Deaths_Baine wrote:

Some people like Vong, but a lot of people hate them. Can we make a piece that negates SA without Los then?

I agree that right now Covenant is not strong enough for her to matter.... But, I believe I read it right where you said the rest of the pieces will be made? I assume those pieces are unique? And I assume they will be designed with the intention of not being used with Bastilla? Which means they would be designed to be good without her? Which means Its more likely than not, that they could be competitive without her? Just thinking ahead on it is all. And my main argument with her is, IF VoL were to ever become competitive, there is an 11 point piece who nerfs hims. IF Darth Caedus every finds another squad other than Red and Black, you may as well send it back packing, because the OR have a piece that holds him in check. Without being in any danger of anything. And you can give him Force Renewal with ARCA JETH FS, so his Premonitions never end.

Yes, I understand he only hurts certain types of pieces, but my point is he counters the wrong pieces. Why do we need yet another piece to control Force Users? Have they not suffered enough during this design process? If the Covenant pieces are even tier 1.5, its still gimmicky enough to hold a whole lot of Powerful Force Users across multiple factions back. Why do we want this in the game? Was there a cry out from the community about Force Users being OP? LOL!

Dark times ahead with this piece and The Covenant.

And yes, Most games Force Premonition will not be used... But thankfully 17 points for GMA is pretty nifty as well. I will be keeping a VERY close eye on the Covenant pieces coming out. To see if my predictions of them are true or not.

Edited * Changed the 11 points to 17.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:01:09 AM

shmi15 wrote:
My only gripe is Force Premonition. My main reason being, Republic just lost their only init control with Qui-Spirit

Republic are easily one of the best factions. IMO, it was a poor choice to give it to the Republic in the first place. They don't need that ADDITIONAL advantage. They still have plenty of Recon and Anticipation

shmi15 wrote:
I hope Darth Baras proves to be better than what he looks to me. Diplomat still works with Force Spirits right? Like if you have LOS to a DS FS, then you can not target a character with diplomat?

Correct. It's actually a very strong way to use it. With a Ghost or 2 and/or a Holocron, you're pieces are generally pretty safe from being sniped as long as you're not careless with positioning.

That is actually the reason for his second CE. We found that there was a way to "legally stall" without it. We couldn't have that. Now it forces them to not hold back, but to get into the action. Which is better anyway. When the Sith are ready to strike, they do it with FORCE.

Baras has one CE that makes his followers act like Diplomats, and one CE that makes them act like savages. I kinda like it personally. It's all inspired by the "Deceived" trailer for SWTOR.

shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:08:52 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
My only gripe is Force Premonition. My main reason being, Republic just lost their only init control with Qui-Spirit

Republic are easily one of the best factions. IMO, it was a poor choice to give it to the Republic in the first place. They don't need that ADDITIONAL advantage. They still have plenty of Recon and Anticipation

shmi15 wrote:
I hope Darth Baras proves to be better than what he looks to me. Diplomat still works with Force Spirits right? Like if you have LOS to a DS FS, then you can not target a character with diplomat?

Correct. It's actually a very strong way to use it. With a Ghost or 2 and/or a Holocron, you're pieces are generally pretty safe from being sniped as long as you're not careless with positioning.

That is actually the reason for his second CE. We found that there was a way to "legally stall" without it. We couldn't have that. Now it forces them to not hold back, but to get into the action. Which is better anyway. When the Sith are ready to strike, they do it with FORCE.

Baras has one CE that makes his followers act like Diplomats, and one CE that makes them act like savages. I kinda like it personally. It's all inspired by the "Deceived" trailer for SWTOR.

Unfortunately, Anticipation is cancelled as well, but I understand what you were trying to say. They had options. Now most of them are gone. ( not yet, but potentially)

And The best thing I have come with for Bara so far is Alema Ketto, and a few others who have "Replace Attacks" abilities. Since using those don't get rid of Diplomat, you potentially have unkillable pieces who drop damage. Can't remember all the pieces in Sith that have something like that, I know its only a few, but they exist. Was that an idea that was brought up to anyone?
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:09:13 AM

shmi15 wrote:

I agree that right now Covenant is not strong enough for her to matter.... But, I believe I read it right where you said the rest of the pieces will be made? I assume those pieces are unique? And I assume they will be designed with the intention of not being used with Bastilla? Which means they would be designed to be good without her? Which means Its more likely than not, that they could be competitive without her? Just thinking ahead on it is all.

A lot of assumptions there.

First - I hope the other Covenant Uniques get made.

If they are - they can be made "normal" power levels. They will have advantages to play with Master Q for obvious reasons, but I would not expect them to have rival or anything that wouldn't allow them to be played with Bastila. It would just be better to play them with Master Q.

This is all guesses. Who knows what will happen (we don't plan fine details on future pieces like that)

The Arkanian Jedi General came out in set 7, and he's still not top tier. You have to slowly build a subfaction to try and be an alternate to Bastila. If we were to make something that made squads equal to or greater than Bastila right out of the gate - it would be broken.

shmi15 wrote:

Some people like Vong, but a lot of people hate them. Can we make a piece that negates SA without Los then?

Nothing in set 14 . . . But there is talk
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:16:31 AM

shmi15 wrote:

And The best thing I have come with for Bara so far is Alema Ketto, and a few others who have "Replace Attacks" abilities. Since using those don't get rid of Diplomat, you potentially have unkillable pieces who drop damage. Can't remember all the pieces in Sith that have something like that, I know its only a few, but they exist. Was that an idea that was brought up to anyone?

For sure - Alemo shined in PTing. Dominate and Aggressive Negotiations is a lot of fun.

Also you should know that causing damage makes you lose Diplomat.

We found in PTing to either build with a beast and some support that just needs something to get them across the map without being shot to crap (Bane, etc)
-or-
A squad of 3-5 cheap Sith Unique Force users. (Vestara Khai, Alema Rar, Darth Nihl Hand of Krayt, Darth Bandon, Darth Talon Sith Assassin, etc)

Baras is no slouch. LS Protection 2 can be very good.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:30:27 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

I agree that right now Covenant is not strong enough for her to matter.... But, I believe I read it right where you said the rest of the pieces will be made? I assume those pieces are unique? And I assume they will be designed with the intention of not being used with Bastilla? Which means they would be designed to be good without her? Which means Its more likely than not, that they could be competitive without her? Just thinking ahead on it is all.

A lot of assumptions there.

First - I hope the other Covenant Uniques get made.

If they are - they can be made "normal" power levels. They will have advantages to play with Master Q for obvious reasons, but I would not expect them to have rival or anything that wouldn't allow them to be played with Bastila. It would just be better to play them with Master Q.

This is all guesses. Who knows what will happen (we don't plan fine details on future pieces like that)

The Arkanian Jedi General came out in set 7, and he's still not top tier. You have to slowly build a subfaction to try and be an alternate to Bastila. If we were to make something that made squads equal to or greater than Bastila right out of the gate - it would be broken.

shmi15 wrote:

Nothing in set 14 . . . But there is talk

Of course those are assumptions... But they were assumed base don the idea that 3 unique characters in the Covenant Sub faction ( Only one that actually benefits from the Master Q) are not enough to be a sub faction. Let alone enough to make a piece designed to give Uniques in the Subfaction GMA. So yes, the idea is they will be made in my mind. And the smart way to make them stick together, is to continue to give rapport out to them so they are cheap together, expensive otherwise. But, now, making them to cheap otherwise is not a good option, because if they become T-1 watch out. All I'm saying is you have created a piece that is now a hindrance in future design, because the whole time your going to have to say can't be to good with Bastilla, needs to be good enough t make them playable. I really really liked the Covenant Sub faction up until this piece. I hope they are no better than T-2 at any point, because anything other will make other pieces who need their FP before the first activation Obsolete.

And that means the Sith are back to only two options... Used to be Caedus OR Revan in my eyes. I thought Caedus was that good. Now they have Revan and Baras. And the jury is still out on Baras... I like that FS and the Holocron work. I haven't seen the Holocron at all, so I can't say whether or not he would be in my squad. But I know The Vision in the Cave just became interesting. And I also know if a Vader gets put into the Sith faction, the Keeper of the Whills will follow shortly with him. But as of right now, I can't think of any "Deadly" combos. I'd have to take the time and see what all options are available

shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:38:32 AM

Glossary text for Aggressive Negotiations.

At the start of the skirmish, this character is considered to have the Diplomat special ability. It has that ability until it either makes an attack or is targeted or attacked by an enemy character (such as through the normal means described in Diplomat or through special abilities such as Indiscriminate). Enemy characters with Ambush, Backlash, or It's a Trap! are able to ignore the Diplomat special ability gained through Aggressive Negotiations and target* this character. (*for purposes of attacking only)

Unless I am missing something, causing damage does not make them lose AN as long as its not an attack?

And Bara's CE does not take it away after they cause damage?

And, I should note, that currently I do think Caedus is still an option. I do not think Master Q is playable currently, and will not be for at least 2/3 sets more than likely. One eye on the now, the other for the future.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:51:03 AM

shmi15 wrote:
currently I do think Caedus is still an option. I do not think Master Q is playable currently, and will not be for at least 2/3 sets more than likely. One eye on the now, the other for the future.

It was a team effort to make Master Q, but I do personally have a specific design style - Robin Hood. I steal from the rich and give to the poor. Caedus is rich with abilities and power level. He is that good - to the point of dominant. He has made the GenCon top 8 for multiple years in a row. He's also a piece that many people complain about (as is Vader of Lothal). This doesn't nerf either one, it just takes a bite out of them. Covenant is poor, especially in uniques. They need something good to even compete at a tier 2 level.

shmi15 wrote:

At the start of the skirmish, this character is considered to have the Diplomat special ability. It has that ability until it either makes an attack or is targeted or attacked by an enemy character (such as through the normal means described in Diplomat or through special abilities such as Indiscriminate). Enemy characters with Ambush, Backlash, or It's a Trap! are able to ignore the Diplomat special ability gained through Aggressive Negotiations and target* this character. (*for purposes of attacking only)

Unless I am missing something, causing damage does not make them lose AN as long as its not an attack?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20395

Aggressive negotiations - the ability will be amended so it's switched off whenever a figure causes damage to an enemy ("...until it makes an attack, --deals damage to--, or is targeted by an enemy character").
shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:53:33 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
currently I do think Caedus is still an option. I do not think Master Q is playable currently, and will not be for at least 2/3 sets more than likely. One eye on the now, the other for the future.

It was a team effort to make Master Q, but I do personally have a specific design style - Robin Hood. I steal from the rich and give to the poor. Caedus is rich with abilities and power level. He is that good - to the point of dominant. He has made the GenCon top 8 for multiple years in a row. He's also a piece that many people complain about (as is Vader of Lothal). This doesn't nerf either one, it just takes a bite out of them. Covenant is poor, especially in uniques. They need something good to even compete at a tier 2 level.

shmi15 wrote:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20395

Aggressive negotiations - the ability will be amended so it's switched off whenever a figure causes damage to an enemy ("...until it makes an attack, --deals damage to--, or is targeted by an enemy character").

Well, there we go! I was missing something, lol.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:54:40 AM

And this is a very good thing by the way. Quorreal gives his reinforcements aggressive negotiations. We had blast-buggers that were considered to have diplomat. That was a very bad thing. Had to nip that in the bud.

Designer intent on the ability was never meant to have it abused that way regardless.