Made you look.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 14 official list Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:44:28 PM
Groups: Member

Kamikaze13 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
The less enlightened fans can have their plausible deniability while the rationale world can see a beautiful relationship for what it is.

I think I'll just let that slide so I don't escalate the situation any more.

Agreed let's get back to minis and avoid the politics, this is a preview thread not an off-topic one
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:35:56 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
and there might be another indirect boost to this figure too

Timmer, your subtlety is legendary. But I can't read that.

TimmerB123 wrote:
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 4:38:22 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Dulok Shaman, nice! Question, how many non-living pieces actually have access to force points to be effected by his Banish ability?
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:06:04 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Dulok Shaman, nice! Question, how many non-living pieces actually have access to force points to be effected by his Banish ability?

Any Cyborg and Proxy are the ones I can think of.
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:16:10 AM

Force Ghosts and figures without a Hit Point number/rating now fall under the non-living definition.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&m=203810
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:49:42 AM

adamb0nd wrote:

Don't forget Holo-Sid's non-living allies
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:04:31 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TimmerB123 wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

Most of those are droids and don't get access to his CE anyway. How many Mounted Weapon characters are spending Holo-Sid's force points?
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:20:16 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

Most of those are droids and don't get access to his CE anyway. How many Mounted Weapon characters are spending Holo-Sid's force points?

Don't forget Guri too
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2017 12:20:06 PM

From Episode 366 of SHNN
____________________________________________________________________________________________
10/30
B2 Grapple Droid
Separatist
Cost 28

HP 80
Def 18
Att +10
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Droid. Melee Attack; Twin Attack
Advanced Shields 1
[When this character takes damage, it reduces the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 6]
Charging Assault [Replaces turn: Can move up to double speed, then make an attack against an adjacent enemy]
Clamp [An enemy hit by this character's attack takes +10 Damage and cannot move this round; save 11 negates]
Exterminate [While adjacent to any character, this character and adjacent enemies lose Avoid Defeat]
Lightsaber Resistance [+2 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy with a Force rating]
Parry [When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Commander Effect
Droids are subject to these effects: Allied droids with a lower point cost and Melee Attack gain Charging Assault and Exterminate. While adjacent to this character, enemies may not use abilities that respond to attacks from other allies whose names contain Grapple.

"All right, now I'm worried." ― Obi-Wan Kenobi

______________________________________________________________________________________________
14/30
Keyan Farlander, Jedi General
New Republic
Cost 17

HP 50
DEF 17
ATK +8
DMG 10

Special Abilities
Unique. Galactic Alliance. Pilot
False Transmission
[On this character's turn, he can choose 1 enemy within line of sight: This phase, this character and allies ignore that enemy when moving]
Hand Signals [Allies with Galactic Alliance are not affected by enemy abilities that suppress commander effects while they have line of sight to this character]
Lightsaber [+10 Damage against adjacent enemies]
Override [At the end of his turn, this character can designate 1 door that he can see as open or closed; it remains open or closed until the end of this character's next turn, or until he is defeated]
Rapport [Characters named Galactic Alliance Scout cost 3 less when in the same squad as this character]
Willing to Serve [Counts as a follower for purposes of allied commander effects]

Force Powers
Force 3

Commander Effect

Non-Unique Galactic Alliance allies gain Pilot. Galactic Alliance and Pilot allies are treated as having the same name as each other, only for purposes of special abilities whose name contains Squad.

"The Force . . . It's not about powers. It's about knowledge. It's not about controlling. It's about trusting."

________________________________________________________________________________________________
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2017 12:29:25 PM

Grapple droid looks awesome! And great boost to Seps
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2017 12:41:29 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Grapple droid looks awesome! And great boost to Seps

We thought you might like it. Wink
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2017 12:43:04 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Timmer, your subtlety is legendary. But I can't read that.

TimmerB123 wrote:

Speaking of . . .
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2017 2:36:42 PM

theConsortium wrote:
Friends, gamers, Bloomilkers, lend me your ears;

In the present age of our fine game I have come to make a suggestion, to be an advocate, to make known my plea for a character of obscure, lowly origins, that has risen from the depths of a non-canon video game to proper recognition in the Dark Horse comic book, Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir. What is this character that has experienced so mighty and worthy an ascension, you may ask? Truly, it is none other than the Grapple Droid.

So oft in my days of youth did I sit among my minis and contemplate, "What would such a droid, so respected among my peers for its physical strength and resistance to lightsaber attacks, be like in our grand game of Star Wars Miniatures?" Sadly, my friends, I would not find the answer to that question, and great has been my sorrow in its absence. The only remedy to this heartfelt ill, as great for me as it is for the many fans of this wonderful droid, would be to see it canonized in our fine game as well, just as it has been canonized in the Star Wars universe as a whole.

Recall to mind the courage and bravery of those fine artists and storytellers at Dark Horse Comics who, in an instant of triumphal genius, proposed that in their last Star Wars comic series (the only one to be made canon) this droid should appear in those beautiful pages. "Ladies and gentleman," the speaker doubtlessly said, "I have been inspired, as if by a muse of antiquity, by a thought so marvelous and divine that I am compelled to share it with you. When I first played the Revenge of the Sith video game so many years ago, I witnessed the strength and power of the Grapple Droid. Never before had I seen such a glorious enemy, and my hands froze at the sight of it. I could barely defend myself against my foe, so considerable was my awe. Never has the shock of that moment diminished, not even into the present day, and in respect of so great a droid, I must propose that we canonize him in our fine comic, as a knight before his king."

Oh! Let us hope that we too might have the courage to canonize the Grapple Droid into our game, for both, in their greatness, will be much increased in respect.

Hey theConsortium - where are you at?
Echo24
Posted: Saturday, May 6, 2017 3:22:07 PM

I don't understand why the Grapple Droid and YV Paratrooper are commanders. A Paratrooper isn't really a position of command. And what makes the Grapple Droid so special that his thing couldn't be a SA so now OOM-9 and Whorm Loathsome can't tell him what to do?
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 8:56:00 AM

Something like this might be fun with the Grapple Droid -

--Grapple Attack--
28 Grapple Droid
24 Commando Droid Captain
44 Grievous's Bodyguard Droid x2
21 IG-100 MagnaGuard Artillerist
20 General Whorm Loathsom
16 BX Commando Droid Spotter
15 BX Commando Droid Sniper
14 BX Commando Droid Infiltrator
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid

(199pts. 11 activations)

Triple Twin Greivous' Bodyguard Droids, double twin Infiltrator and Artillerist (the latter also has missiles 30), and all have charging and an avoid defeat nerf as well. Then for ranged action - we have a Double attacking Sniper, and the spotter protects everyone with energy shield and a damage boost to a sniper shot with improved spotter. Not to mention the big nasty Grapple Droid that has charging, twin, clamp, advanced shields, lightsaber resistance and parry.

Certainly not top tier - but could be quite fun.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:03:22 AM

45 Colonel Jacen Solo
32 Lando Calrissian, New Republic Liaison
30 Captain Shevu
23 General Wedge Antilles
19 Galactic Alliance Special Forces Trooper
17 Galactic Alliance Officer
17 Keyan Farlander
10 Jagged Fel
8 Galactic Alliance Guard Sniper

A decent place to start is with a Pilot/GA Hybrid. Eveyone gets pilot, and with Jag, everyone except the GA Officer gets gregarious (well not lando). Lots of evade/mobile action going on, and Shevu can give the cannon shot to the special forces trooper, Keyan or the GA Guard Sniper

You could swap the officer for a 967 commando and a GA Recruit, but flak shield is pretty solid and the GA Officer is a fairly solid attacker.

TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:49:02 PM

In the same vein, I think I might go this route:

45 Colonel Jacen Solo
30 Captain Shevu
24 Ben Skywalker, Jedi
17 Keyan Farlander
*10 Galactic Alliance Scout
*11 967 Commando
5 Galactic Alliance Recruit
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 10 activations)

The recruit is handy to be that "pilot" that can run up to within 6 of an enemy so that when any of the uniques attack, that enemy gets -4 to saves.

Shevu and Ben get Squad Assault from the 967 Commando, and it's pretty easy for all of them to get it with most of the squad counting as the same name for squad abilities.

Shevu getting cunning from Ben is pretty big. 80damage GMA Cunning Momentum strike at +23 when everything is clicking. Add the spotter in there and it's 100damage at +27/+23 and -4 to saves for the enemy.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 1:00:24 PM

Another take

29 Ganner Rhysode
22 R2-D2 and C-3PO, Galactic Heroes
19 Galactic Alliance Special Forces Trooper
17 Keyan Farlander
17 Galactic Alliance Special Guard
*10 Galactic Alliance Scout
9 General Dodonna
8 Galactic Alliance Guard Sniper
6 Rogue Squadron Rookie
5 Galactic Alliance Recruit
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 13 activations)

This one goes sans Shevu and Col Solo, thus in comes Dodonna and Ganner.

Wedge, Keyan and the GASG get twin from the droid duo. Couple of spotters help up the damage
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 8:18:18 AM

I didn't get a chance to hear the Sith Holonews network last night.

Did anyone hear if we had previews?
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:21:40 AM

I like EV-9D9, Corrosive Acid is pretty cool, along with Droid Scrapper, and Torture. And I like the CE as well as the cost.

Dowutin Soldier offers some interesting new abilities (or new to me anyways) with Fortified and Phalanx Formation.