RegisterDonateLogin

It might help if you got out and pushed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 14 official list Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:52:14 AM
Groups: Member

donnyrides wrote:
I know, I'm crazy...but this "Attack" term has always caused problems for me because of twin.

No, you're not crazy.

The problem is with Twin in general
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:59:14 AM

03/30

Jace Malcom, Old Republic Trooper
Old Republic
23pts

Hp 80
Def 18
Atk 10
Dam 20

Special Abilites
Unique
Greater Mobile Attack

Coordinated Movement

Counter Strike

Sentry

Soldier

Thermal Imploder

I dont have time to right down all of the nitty gritty. I can do it later if no one else does :)
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:16:13 PM

Cassus fett
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:40:47 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

[quote=Cassus fett]Defense Beacon needs a re-wording it's awful confusing.

That is the final wording based on ultra economy of words (as must be done for abilities). Here's the glossary that should clear things up:

Defense Beacon
Glossary: Enemies that begin their turn adjacent or become adjacent are affected for the rest of the turn. Affected enemies may not make a second attack this turn if they have moved more than 6 squares, and affected enemies who have made a second attack may not move more than 6 squares. If an enemy has already moved at least 6 squares and attacked more than once this turn when they become adjacent, they may not attack or move for the rest of the turn.

So - what it really stops are speedy multi-attackers. IE - strafe, galloping attack, etc.

If at any point during an enemies turn they are adjacent to this character, then they are effected (the signal has been sent and the defenses are raised).

Have they moved over 6 squares? They can only attack once total that turn.
Have they attacked more than once? They can only move 6 squares total (or less) that turn
Have they already moved over 6 squares and attacked more than once that turn when they become adjacent? Stop movement right there and no more attacks.

Strategic placement can give long strafes and gallops (and other speedy scissor abilities) difficulties.

Cassus fett wrote:
And a question if I may… Why singular focus and stealth?

donnyrides wrote:
I also don't understand why it slapped with the unbuffable bug...

Stealth so they don't simply get easily sniped across the board. In universe the idea is that they are akin to a perimeter unit, hiding on the border with the purpose of hindering enemy entry and early warning to allies about such enemies - allowing the allies to fortify and prepare for an imminent attack.

We really wanted them to be a purely defensive unit. They are cheap and have a lot of tricks. We never wanted them to have a use being spammed, especially as a piece with offensive potential. We hope that they'll be enticing enough to throw one or 2 in a squad - or bring some as a reinforcement.

Singular Focus currently really only stops Fire Support Mission (which is significant and the main intent). Beyond that, you never know what future buffs they can get, and it's quite clear that the majority of the community are not fans of uber-boosted cheap NU swarms.

It's also an ability that has high reusability. As this game goes on - since we don't rotate sets or make pieces illegal - everything expands exponentially. It gets harder and harder to not have an 'oops'. And what might have been a small 'oops' in the past could be a massive 'oops' now. This ability gives assurance in preventing that.

If this was the intent then you sir (and the other fine folks designing) have succeeded. I understand word economy concerns, no issue with that. My issue is the grammar(?) in the definition "Defense Beacon [This turn, an enemy that started or became adjacent to this character cannot both move more than 6 squares and attack more than once]
its a little clearer 3rd time around but maybe a comma would help? just a suggestion.
Also i love me some Jace Malcom, cant wait to learn about those abilities.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:56:16 PM

Only 1 new ability on Jace - but it's a fun one!

Hint - "Thermal" ties into another new ability in our set.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:35:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Cassus fett wrote:

its a little clearer 3rd time around but maybe a comma would help? just a suggestion.

I know that I (the defacto chief wordsmith, but not always my wording used in the end) sometimes struggle with "econo"-wording". (prefer super-clear card text when possible)

Where would you place the comma? Honest question, I'd be happy to improve this before set-signoff. BlooMilk

TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 4:56:48 AM

previews from the show last night?
Cassus fett
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 5:02:12 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:

I know that I (the defacto chief wordsmith, but not always my wording used in the end) sometimes struggle with "econo"-wording". (prefer super-clear card text when possible)

Where would you place the comma? Honest question, I'd be happy to improve this before set-signoff. BlooMilk

I would put it after the both. So it would read Cannot both, move etc...
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 11:27:14 AM

I heard there was a new preview of a character that has a crazy new ability on Thurs' SHNN
atmsalad
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 12:28:17 AM

You either love him or you hate him. Introducing Rogue Ones hilariously sardonic reprogrammed droid.

K-2SO
Rebel
Cost 24

HP 120
Def 18
Atk 12
Dam 10

Unique. Rogue One. Droid. Pilot. Melee Attack

Aggressive Negotiations [This character is considered to have Diplomat until he makes an attack or is targeted by an enemy character. Characters with Ambush, Backlash, or It's a Trap! can ignore this ability for the purpose of attacking this character]

False Transmission [On this character's turn, he can choose 1 enemy within line of sight: This phase, this character and allies ignore that enemy when moving]

Manual Override [At the end of his turn, this character can designate 1 adjacent door as open or closed; it remains open or closed until the end of this character's next turn, or until he is defeated]

Protective +10 [+10 Damage while a wounded Unique Rogue One ally is within 6 squares]

Sacrificial Cover-Fire [Usable only while this character is at half Hit Points or less: when this character takes damage, he may make an immediate nonmelee attack, ignoring cover]

“I’ll be there for you, Jyn...Cassian said I had to.” - K-2SO
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 4:40:48 AM

Awesome! Almost exactly what I had invisioned him having! Very thematic and great choice of aggressive negotiations
donnyrides
Posted: Thursday, June 1, 2017 8:21:26 PM

Very cool. I still like the CCC version though. ;p
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:42:17 PM

donnyrides wrote:

I don't know the CCC version (or anything about the CCC at all).

But what does everyone think about sacrificial cover fire?
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:50:22 PM

I like the idea, I kind of think it is a stretch to just give him a nonmelee attack. I liked the ccc version where Jyn takes away melee attack.
but i do like the portrayal it has and the limiter of under half HP.
I do not like the base 10, that choke slam on Jyn looked like it hurt.

BUT I DO LIKE THE PIECE!
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:02:30 PM

SithBot wrote:
I like the idea, I kind of think it is a stretch to just give him a nonmelee attack. I liked the ccc version where Jyn takes away melee attack.

Again - don't know the CCC, but he did have a gun during said scene, and he was INCREDIBLY accurate.

SithBot wrote:

but i do like the portrayal it has and the limiter of under half HP.

Cool - glad that works for you. It took a bit to try and find that right balance. We certainly had in mind that epic scene where he does the Sacrifical Cover Fire - I hope it brings that scene to life in the game.

SithBot wrote:

I do not like the base 10, that choke slam on Jyn looked like it hurt.

Man - if only there were a way to increase his damage

SithBot wrote:
I DO LIKE THE PIECE!

Sweet!

Overall - he was sorta meant to be one of the more 'fun' pieces of the Rogue One crew. He has potential and a few tricks up his . . . er . . . armor plating - but he should also be really fun to play with.

During playtests we found he often gave opponents fits of brain-teaser like mind twists of how best to deal with him. ThumbsUp
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:03:22 PM

DarkDracul wrote:

Quote:
3/30

Jace Malcom, Old Republic Trooper
Old Republic
cost 23

HP 80
Def 18
Att +10
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Greater Mobile Attack

Coordinated Movement [At the end of this character's turn, 1 non-Unique Trooper or Soldier ally may immediately move up to 2 squares]

Counterstrike [When this character is hit by a nonadjacent attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker. This attack does not use the targeting rules.]

Sentry [Replaces attacks: Target 1 non-Unique enemy, ignoring cover. This round, this character and allies ignore cover when targeting that enemy.]

Soldier [Counts as a character named Old Republic Soldier]

Thermal Imploder [Replaces att-cks: If no enemy is ad-acent, choose a square within 6 squ-res occupied by or adjacent to an enem-. At the end o- the next en-my's turn, charact-rs in and adja-ent to th- cho-en squa-e take -0 da-age. T--s d-mage c--not be p-ev-nted. C---a-t--s da---ed by t-is ef-e-- g-i- S--ed - un--l the --d -f -h--r ne-t t---.]

"We must fight to victory or death for the Republic!"

Anyone figure out what that last ability does? The code started breaking down and degrading at the end.
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:20:45 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
C---a-t--s da---ed by t-is ef-e-- g-i- S--ed - un--l the --d -f -h--r ne-t t---.]

I do not know how much damage

characters damaged by this effect gain s--ed until the end of their next turn
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:31:29 PM

SithBot wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
C---a-t--s da---ed by t-is ef-e-- g-i- S--ed - un--l the --d -f -h--r ne-t t---.]

I do not know how much damage

characters damaged by this effect gain s--ed until the end of their next turn

You look really close there
Lord_Ball
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 5:27:03 AM

s--ed - is clearly Speed #
donnyrides
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 6:50:30 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
donnyrides wrote:

I don't know the CCC version (or anything about the CCC at all).

But what does everyone think about sacrificial cover fire?

This CCC week covered our thoughts on him Week 35 of the CCC

I actually won this week with the signature ability shown below which is kind of close to a combo of manual override and Sacrificial Cover Fire. I think SCF is going to be a great ability and a reusable one. Very nice. My only worry is that people can get him knocked to to below half then body guard and repair him making him vulnerable to abuse. He will have to be considered from many angles such as joining Reps or gaining CEs with See-threepio. Base 10 damage was a good idea to keep him from getting too out of control. I don't like him getting evade or +4+10 from ithcom.

Sentinel Override (At the end of his turn, this character can designate 1 adjacent door as open or closed; it remains open or closed until the end of this character's next turn, or until this character is defeated. While using this ability, if an enemy moves within 6, once per turn, this character may immediately use Blaster 10 against it.)

EDIT: on a side note, it kind of makes me sad that the devs don't know what the CCC is. I think it gives some really great ideas and if anything, it gives a pulse for what people are thinking and wanting... It's an asset that could be used in the dev process.