RegisterDonateLogin

Unleashed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 14 official list Options
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 12:12:20 PM
Groups: Member

Um ya that's why. I thought maybe it was written wrong.
Pin down... Let's say I pin someone down, I have to be adjacent to them right? I can only pin down one person as well. This seems more like defense beacon that at least requires adjacency.
Defense beacon seems more like an ability that can have range on it.

That's all. Pin down send a bit powerful for one person to pin down however many in a six square radius and to do it without a save.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 11:46:05 PM

Ah, ok. You are thinking wrestling. I get it.

Here's another definition:

Pin Down - the positioning of military forces to prevent enemy military forces from moving
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 5:29:08 AM

Well that definition works wonderfully! Hmm military tactics! That is great stuff I will look into that. Great great stuff than!
Military tactics inside the most militarized faction. I am actually super excited about that. I what to know more about military tactics and how the mandalorians used them, this just have me a project. I never make Mando customs.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 6:49:31 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Well that definition works wonderfully! Hmm military tactics! That is great stuff I will look into that. Great great stuff than!
Military tactics inside the most militarized faction. I am actually super excited about that. I what to know more about military tactics and how the mandalorians used them, this just have me a project. I never make Mando customs.

Cool!

As part of our prep work we did lots of research. One of the handy tools that Lily-Wan pointed out to us was this: http://militaryterms.net

This and other resources were used for finding military terminology and tactics to help flesh out soldier/trooper subfactions and of course the Mandalorians.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 11:15:32 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Vong for life. That is all.

So how are you not losing your mind over last Thursday's preview from the SHNN?

For that matter - Vong haters might well lose their minds too . . .
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:28:15 AM

Gorsat? He looks awesome and a non-melee Vong! Very cool
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 4:49:34 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Gorsat? He looks awesome and a non-melee Vong! Very cool

No, he was spoiled long ago.

Im talking about Thursday's SHNN preview.

A HUUUUGE boost for Unique Vong
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:07:27 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Vong for life. That is all.

For that matter - Long haters might well lose their minds too . . .
Because we didn't listen to last Thursday's preview from the SHNN. (good thing too, or we'd all be crazy)

And Long haters have hated so long they are crazy anyway.Laugh LOL
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:33:16 AM

Haha truth, it's like Nas Choka said though: "Vong Haters are gonna hate hate hate hate hate but our Amphistaffs are gonna shake shake shake shake shake." ?? I think that's how that ancient chant goes.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:03:44 AM

juice man wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Because we didn't listen to last Thursday's preview from the SHNN.

Maybe someone should . . . and post here! (Trust me - Vong players are gonna wanna see this!) ThumbsUp
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:53:33 AM

27/30

Eighth Cortex Shaper
Yuuzhan Vong
19 pts.

Hit points: 40
Defense: 15
Attack: 2
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Melee attack. Force Immunity. Evade. Willing to Serve.

Exterminate [While adjacent to any character this character and adjacent enemies lose avoid defeat.]

Retaliatory Attack [When a unique allied character is defeated by an enemy, this character can make one immediate attack.]

Rival [Cannot be in a squad with any character with Jedi Hatred.]

?????? [Unique Yuuzhan Vong allies gain Evade, Retaliatory Attack, and Willing to Serve.]

Commander Effect
This character must have at least five unique Yuuzhan Vong allies without Outsider at the start of the skirmish. After setup you may add one Yuuzhan Vong character without Outsider up to 18 points to your squad. Chosen character is considered a reinforcement and is placed adjacent to this character.
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:59:01 AM

First impressions on the cortex shaper: YV uniques can get stealth and charging fire when they couldn't before. Those alone help a lot.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 7:02:27 AM

Naarkon wrote:
27/30

Eighth Cortex Shaper
Yuuzhan Vong
19 pts.

Special Abilities

Exterminate [While adjacent to any character this character and adjacent enemies lose avoid defeat.]

Retaliatory Attack [When a unique allied character is defeated by an enemy, this character can make one immediate attack.]

?????? [Unique Yuuzhan Vong allies gain Evade, Retaliatory Attack, and Willing to Serve.]

Commander Effect
This character must have at least five unique Yuuzhan Vong allies without Outsider at the start of the skirmish. After setup you may add one Yuuzhan Vong character without Outsider up to 18 points to your squad. Chosen character is considered a reinforcement and is placed adjacent to this character.

really not sure how I feel about this piece... but at first glance Vua becomes pretty legit so there's that lol
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 7:21:27 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

He's pretty crazy. In 200 point games, though, the 5 Unique Vong allies is a pretty strong squadbuilding hindrance. It doesn't leave much room for all the Vong uber-tech you'd like to bring along.

In Epics, he'd be pretty crazy good except you can't get the CE reinforcement in most epics formats.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 7:32:46 AM

Naarkon wrote:
27/30

Eighth Cortex Shaper
Yuuzhan Vong
19 pts.

Commander Effect

Confused So with the 18 point character of reinforcement in its CE this character basically costs 1 point and builds your squad for you... um NO, I never cared much for Vong, but this seems like a terrible design to me.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:00:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

"Builds your squad" is a bit of an overstatement. There are plenty of Unique Vong to choose from. But it does restrict you from going the typical route of Vong squads focused on non-Uniques (Blast Bugs, Nom bombs, or charging Lah Warriors).
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:09:10 AM

Sure there are some options, but you have around 120pts+ tied up when using this character (more like 129 minimum, because why wouldn't you bring along the consul (who is quite synergetic with this piece) to get Kwaad as the reinforcement piece) that's a good chunk of your squad "prebuilt". there are certainly other options, but everything else is just going drive that number up.
donnyrides
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:35:47 AM

Flame shields up.

I tested this piece and I can tell you it was 10x stronger on the original build.

This is an all or nothing attempt to make unique vong useful and lose the swarms. cloaked Bugs from 8 away is still better, but this make for an alternative. my only concern is that all future unique vong must..MUST directly cross-reference this character before it's build can be complete. I'm sure the devs will keep a close eye on it though.

Tim, can we spoil the original build specs for this, or are those secret in case you use them for something else down the road? I'd love for the group to see what was originally built for this guy.

They ninja'd that rival in on me. I didn't see that before. It's this guy or Quah.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:09:07 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Sure there are some options, but you have around 120pts+ tied up when using this character (more like 129 minimum, because why wouldn't you bring along the consul (who is quite synergetic with this piece) to get Kwaad as the reinforcement piece) that's a good chunk of your squad "prebuilt". there are certainly other options, but everything else is just going drive that number up.
Because you want a different shaper in your squad?
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:44:51 AM

Eighth Cortex Shaper
Yuuzhan Vong
19 pts.

Special Abilities

Commander Effect

I said it years ago. any piece that grants more than 2 things to other pieces or even to one piece is stupid. I will not lie, I do not know what a cortex shaper is, but in the world of SWM if pieces need that much help than maybe they should just be redesigned.
Take Han Solo, CL gives +4 +4 twin and opportunist.
or Yaddle
or Jan Ors giving Katarn Double, Distraction, and opportunist.

I think I called it One size fits all designing.

Which we all know are never comfortable and never work the way they should.

Now whenever a unique piece or a CE is designed you have to watch out.

If it doesn't make a splash and see play than it limits design for nothing is another potential down for One Size Fits All designing.

I do like the idea of making unique Vong playable, I just hate quick fixes. I wish we had a unique Vong that makes another Unique Vong playable. Maybe they were friends or something. Or maybe they are not playable except for casual but in two sets with other unique Vong coming out they can become playable. but in the meantime they are fun.