RegisterDonateLogin

If you've never had Bloo Milk before, you won't have never had it again.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 14 official list Options
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:14:35 PM
Groups: Member

atmsalad wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Ugh. Another Jacen Solo :(

I know I might be the only one fighting for this... But can we get back to making current Canon characters... 5 versions of non existing Star Wars characters is plenty for me. I know this is a random vent, and its not meant to be anything more than a hopeful shove in a new direction. I understand Legends is what the majority of you guys know... but the new stuff is actually real... And its a way to draw in new Star Wars fans, who can actually relate to characters they are reading about!

This is definitely something that most have asked for and I think the designers are taking good steps to providing for that desire. In set 13 more than half the set was from new canon material and 12 had over one third. 14 is giving us Rogue One characters and I am sure we will continue to having mixed sets with some legends characters and the new ones too. I don't think we should abandon the non-canon entirely, for some people that's one big reason they still play.

At the same time I understand where you are coming from, watching certain characters get remade over and over again can be rather nauseating. Sort of like watching Tom Brady playing year after year... RETIRE ALREADY!!!! NOBODY WANTS YOU HEAR!!!!

Oh No.... Now yours really gonna hate me. I may be the biggest Tom Brady fan in the whole world :( And I'm not even a Patriots fan!!! I'm a die hard Michigan man, and was rooting for him to be our QB while Lloyd Carr was being tempted with a man by the name of Drew Henson ;)

But, anywyas, I know this set is done, and I'm not actually "complaining". I just am a fan of fact and fiction when it comes to Star Wars, and as much as I LOVE the Legends stuff, I just would like to see more Canon stuff in the future. Keep it up ;)

Naarkon
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:17:05 PM

atmsalad wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

I know I might be the only one fighting for this... But can we get back to making current Canon characters... 5 versions of non existing Star Wars characters is plenty for me. I know this is a random vent, and its not meant to be anything more than a hopeful shove in a new direction. I understand Legends is what the majority of you guys know... but the new stuff is actually real... And its a way to draw in new Star Wars fans, who can actually relate to characters they are reading about!

This is definitely something that most have asked for and I think the designers are taking good steps to providing for that desire. In set 13 more than half the set was from new canon material and 12 had over one third. 14 is giving us Rogue One characters and I am sure we will continue to having mixed sets with some legends characters and the new ones too. I don't think we should abandon the non-canon entirely, for some people that's one big reason they still play.

At the same time I understand where you are coming from, watching certain characters get remade over and over again can be rather nauseating. Sort of like watching Tom Brady playing year after year... RETIRE ALREADY!!!! NOBODY WANTS YOU HEAR!!!!

I also kinda wish that we would stop making the characters that have been made several times already. There are a lot of (legends) characters which haven't been made yet, and I'm not even talking about the really obscure ones. There's still plenty to do.

Also, even if we wanted, we'd have to do at least some legends since certain factions will never get any more canon characters.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:20:31 PM

Naarkon wrote:
atmsalad wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

I also kinda wish that we would stop making the characters that have been made several times already. There are a lot of (legends) characters which haven't been made yet, and I'm not even talking about the really obscure ones. There's still plenty to do.

Also, even if we wanted, we'd have to do at least some legends since certain factions will never get any more canon characters.

This is the perfect quote. I for one, would immediately vote to abolish the Vong faction. They don't exist. Its a mess to work in. And there are no more pieces coming to us any time soon. They are a lost cause, and serve no purpose anymore in Star Wars. Period. I understand a lot of people like them... but to me, liking Vong, is like liking Star Trek, its about as far from Star Wars as you can get
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:26:14 PM

shmi15 wrote:
This is the perfect quote. I for one, would immediately vote to abolish the Vong faction. They don't exist. Its a mess to work in. And there are no more pieces coming to us any time soon. They are a lost cause, and serve no purpose anymore in Star Wars. Period. I understand a lot of people like them... but to me, liking Vong, is like liking Star Trek, its about as far from Star Wars as you can get

But the new star trek has all the PEWLove PEWDrool of star wars without the snooze fest of poor banter and politicsLOL.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:27:38 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Oh No.... Now yours really gonna hate me. I may be the biggest Tom Brady fan in the whole world :( And I'm not even a Patriots fan!!! I'm a die hard Michigan man, and was rooting for him to be our QB while Lloyd Carr was being tempted with a man by the name of Drew Henson ;)

ET TU BRUTE!!!!!! Crying
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:30:05 PM

atmsalad wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

ET TU BRUTE!!!!!! Crying

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!ThumbsUp
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:42:31 PM

The new Jacen is an interesting and unique piece. I was asked not to spoil the piece so I won't divulge details. Suffice it to say he can take and shrug a good amount of damage.
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:44:24 PM

New Jacen is awesome. He takes a minute to think over, but once it clicks, it's really cool.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:15:31 PM

donnyrides wrote:
I hope the Maul thing that carries over is Lying in Wait. Double Renewal and Queen A and Darth Plagueis, The Wise would still trigger.

(Long overdue response) -

I really wanted it to happen, but alas - it did not.

The April Fool's Maul stats do still have a new ability that you will see in a real stat set from set 14.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:55:04 PM

Also interesting that I posted new stuff on the first post, but all anyone can talk about is the fact that we are doing another Jacen. That was already spoiled when the first Bothan Transmission was solved on May 6th!!!!! LOL

A lot of people really like the expanded universe and were crushed when it became "legends". It has literally been included in our game since Rebel Storm (Mara Jade) and it wouldn't feel right for many if it were dropped altogether.

Many characters have never been represented, and need to be (both in my opinion and many others in the community).

On the flip side - new material is literally the future of the game and will continue feeding it. We CERTAINLY don't want to ignore that!

So what do we do!?! Can't please everyone.

The obvious answer is that we do some of both. My guess is that we will continue to do some of both, but the percentage will start to go less towards Legends with every set as those characters get checked off the list. But - as brought up already, some factions don't even exist outside of legends. Whether you like it or not - we are not dropping the factions.

Anyway - a little peek behind the designer's curtain:

Each set doesn't do it exactly the same way, but most sets vote in some manner to narrow the list down to the specified number. In addition, most sets also let each designer have a "pick". In other words, all the other pieces are chosen based on game/faction needs, community requests, new characters, etc. Then each designer gets their one unique pick added to the list.

Fun fact: My personal designer pick was Booster Terrik. I always liked the character, and I felt it was a legitimate option to pick seeing as he was a pretty major expanded universe character ("legends" now I suppose), but he had never been represented at all. I now expect all hateful comments for my pick to be directed towards me and me alone.

(I should mention that the personal designer picks are still designed together with the whole team, it's not one designer's free-for-all. The piece gets put on the set list, but it is designed in the same manner as all the other pieces - with the whole team contributing and helping shape it.)

So if you don't think Booster should have been in the set - that is on me.

Side note - set 14 breakdown:

Uniques: (out of 22)
From new material (Force Awakens, Rogue One, TV, non-legends) 11
From older cannon {movies} (non Legends, never before represented) 1 (EV-9D9)
Legends (never before represented) 9 (2 of which are Vong)
Legends (represented before) 1 (Jacen)

Non-uniques gets stickier, because some are clearly from new material (Death Trooper) and other are kinda (Dowutin Solider - Dowutins were first introduced in The Force Awakens, but it was just a denizen of Man Kanata's place - not a soldier we see in action), and others clearly are Legends (Vong).

But - of the 14 NUs
5 are from new material

So almost exactly half the set is from new material/cannon.

There is only 1 character (out of 36) in our set that has been seen as a prior representation.

It all seems pretty reasonable to me - but I am biased here.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:39:28 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Also interesting that I posted new stuff on the first post, but all anyone can talk about is the fact that we are doing another Jacen. That was already spoiled when the first Bothan Transmission was solved on May 6th!!!!! LOL

A lot of people really like the expanded universe and were crushed when it became "legends". It has literally been included in our game since Rebel Storm (Mara Jade) and it wouldn't feel right for many if it were dropped altogether.

Many characters have never been represented, and need to be (both in my opinion and many others in the community).

On the flip side - new material is literally the future of the game and will continue feeding it. We CERTAINLY don't want to ignore that!

So what do we do!?! Can't please everyone.

The obvious answer is that we do some of both. My guess is that we will continue to do some of both, but the percentage will start to go less towards Legends with every set as those characters get checked off the list. But - as brought up already, some factions don't even exist outside of legends. Whether you like it or not - we are not dropping the factions.

Anyway - a little peek behind the designer's curtain:

Each set doesn't do it exactly the same way, but most sets vote in some manner to narrow the list down to the specified number. In addition, most sets also let each designer have a "pick". In other words, all the other pieces are chosen based on game/faction needs, community requests, new characters, etc. Then each designer gets their one unique pick added to the list.

Fun fact: My personal designer pick was Booster Terrik. I always liked the character, and I felt it was a legitimate option to pick seeing as he was a pretty major expanded universe character ("legends" now I suppose), but he had never been represented at all. I now expect all hateful comments for my pick to be directed towards me and me alone.

(I should mention that the personal designer picks are still designed together with the whole team, it's not one designer's free-for-all. The piece gets put on the set list, but it is designed in the same manner as all the other pieces - with the whole team contributing and helping shape it.)

So if you don't think Booster should have been in the set - that is on me.

Side note - set 14 breakdown:

Uniques: (out of 22)
From new material (Force Awakens, Rogue One, TV, non-legends) 11
From older cannon {movies} (non Legends, never before represented) 1 (EV-9D9)
Legends (never before represented) 9 (2 of which are Vong)
Legends (represented before) 1 (Jacen)

Non-uniques gets stickier, because some are clearly from new material (Death Trooper) and other are kinda (Dowutin Solider - Dowutins were first introduced in The Force Awakens, but it was just a denizen of Man Kanata's place - not a soldier we see in action), and others clearly are Legends (Vong).

But - of the 14 NUs
5 are from new material

So almost exactly half the set is from new material/cannon.

There is only 1 character (out of 36) in our set that has been seen as a prior representation.

It all seems pretty reasonable to me - but I am biased here.

I think I should elaborate more on what I meant. I understand Legends pieces will continue to be made. Especially non uniques... And actually, Non uniques in my eyes could be in the current Star Wars Universe. Its the Uniques that I run into issues with. And its not that I want NONE made at all... Booster is cool, no problems at all. But making another Jacen, just seems like over kill. I would rather have a Sith Vader than another Jacen ( there is a book, entitled LORDS of the Sith.... How is Vader not in this faction?)

I think its really cool designers get their "One" piece to be named. Thats a good set up. But I would be more on board with more Canon characters, I know you guys don't like the comics and what not.. But the Vader series has these awesome Non Force Sensitive... Force Sensitive cyborgs. Its weird, but they are awesome. And if you want insight on them, shoot me a Bloo Mail and I will GLADLY give you all my knowledge

Razz

I know we will never get rid of the Vong faction. I wish we would more than anything. Its a complete mess, and it ruins Force Users in a Universe where thats what drew me in. I'm biased 100%, and I know not many people share my opinion. But at times it seems we are trying to make that faction competitive, or rather Super Competitive. Why do they get cheap CE/SA functions while the Sith constantly get over priced Commanders? The new Darth Baras is a great idea... But.... He costs 40? Compare that to the Yammosk... Or ANY Vong who gives out anything, and its no comparison. It just frustrates me more than anything to see them constantly get things while other factions continue to get the shaft :(

Thats just a vent. Nothing more. I mean no hard feelings towards any designer. And I think you guys do good. This is just a soapbox for me. Don't take anything personal. And I only quoted you so you knew I was addressing parts of your comments.

I just get frustrated when the 2 most unique things in Star Wars... Lightsabers and Force Powers, get nerfed by an entire faction that no longer exists
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:00:27 PM

Believe it or not I hear where you are coming from. It would not have been my first pick either, but I stand by giving each designer their one pick.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:22:59 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Thats just a vent. Nothing more. I mean no hard feelings towards any designer. And I think you guys do good. This is just a soapbox for me. Don't take anything personal. And I only quoted you so you knew I was addressing parts of your comments.

I just get frustrated when the 2 most unique things in Star Wars... Lightsabers and Force Powers, get nerfed by an entire faction that no longer exists

I'm actually pretty sympathetic to this - I think that Jedi have never quite recovered from Set 6, where we got Talon Kardde and Warrior Caste Subcommander at the same time.
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:47:11 PM

TheHutts wrote:
I'm actually pretty sympathetic to this - I think that Jedi have never quite recovered from Set 6, where we got Talon Kardde and Warrior Caste Subcommander at the same time.

Completely agree, should never have handed out blast bug to non-uniques. Giving it to Uniques Vong probably would have been fine.

As for talon, they probably should have waited a set to attempt to make fringe playable. Another source of anti Jedi hate was probably not the best way to go...
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:51:29 PM

Vong for life. That is all.

Haha I love these guys, the books were incredible, gripping and to this day the longest Star Wars series out there. They were such a large part of the old canon and seeing them slowly creep into Miniatures, comics, figures and the like was awesome. Then Disney stole it all away from me just like so many other awesome things (Abeloth and Jacen, you will be remembered, Anakin Solo's stolen moment with Tahiri. Just awesome stuff and also part of the Vong books). And also Vong get points from me for being, similar to the separatists ironically in some ways, but something NEW for Star Wars. Not just white armour versus lightsabers. But fantastic new armies, ships, commanders, stories, and a real threat to the galaxy. That's just me though and I get others may not agree and respect and love all the same!
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 6:50:08 AM

So - no thoughts on Nein Nunb?

Also - Anyone notice the multiple direct relations between Booster's stats and his flavor text?
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 7:17:32 AM

Infantry turret rocks, why does every Huge not have this or a stronger version of this? Haha
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 11:32:21 AM

Mandalorian Defenseman
Mandalorian
5 pts
Common

HP 10
Def 15
Atk +1
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Melee Attack

Defense Beacon [This turn, an enemy that started or became adjacent to this character cannot both move more than 6 squares and attack more than once]

Pin Down [Enemies within line of sight and 6 squares of this character cannot move before the first activation each round. Allies within 6 squares cannot be moved by enemies' abilities or commander effects before the first activation each round.]

Singular Focus [Cannot gain abilities from allies]

Stealth [If this character has cover, it does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets]

can we switch the names of Defense Beacon and Pin Down please?
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 11:51:56 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Infantry turret rocks, why does every Huge not have this or a stronger version of this? Haha

I think that could be cool on a Sep huge
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 11:59:13 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Mandalorian Defenseman

can we switch the names of Defense Beacon and Pin Down please?

I have no idea why we would do that.

Pin down doesn't allow anyone to move.

Defense beacon represents sending a signal to your allies so the number of pieces that enemy can attack is nerfed.

It would make zero sense if they were reversed.

Regardless, even if we wanted to we couldnt - cards are already at the printer.