RegisterDonateLogin

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Milk the Bloo?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 14 official list Options
Echo24
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 7:35:51 AM
Groups: Member

donnyrides wrote:

EDIT: on a side note, it kind of makes me sad that the devs don't know what the CCC is. I think it gives some really great ideas and if anything, it gives a pulse for what people are thinking and wanting... It's an asset that could be used in the dev process.

Just wanted to point out that at least a few of the designers do actually follow the CCC. FlyingArrow is on the set 15 design team and I know has actually participated at least once (week 52, inanimate objects). I also check it out semi-regularly. Trying not to say too much at this early stage, but I can tell you that the CCC has very much influenced some part of set 15. Smile
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 7:58:34 AM

I'm sorry - the abbreviation CCC just didn't click at that moment. I just moved and was sleep deprived.

I for some reason thought you were referencing a collectible card game of some kind.

But YES! Of course we look at the customs made by the community frequently. It's not irregular for us to get ideas from them and sometimes come up with an amalgam of several designs.

A key part of our prep work on vset 14 was reaseraching community customs. We scoured through it before even finalizing a set list.

In fact - Donny - I feel even more like a dolt for the abbreviation CCC going right over my head - because I did look at your design specifically for K-2SO. I already had something in mind for Sacrificial Cover Fire - but your ability helped shape it. The final design evolved a bit of course, but you deserve credit for (unwittingly) being a part of that genesis.

DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 9:29:59 AM

donnyrides wrote:
EDIT: on a side note, it kind of makes me sad that the devs don't know what the CCC is. I think it gives some really great ideas and if anything, it gives a pulse for what people are thinking and wanting... It's an asset that could be used in the dev process.

Tim, we looked at CCC and talked about them together on the phone?! LOL
I think he doesn't know what "CCC" means or he just completely forgot.
Looking at community customs is something most of us normally do.

DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 9:30:56 AM

*Jinks!
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 9:46:20 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
donnyrides wrote:

Tim, we looked at CCC and talked about them together on the phone?! LOL
I think he doesn't know what "CCC" means or he just completely forgot.
Looking at community customs is something most of us normally do.

Yeah - no more posting on 2 hrs of sleep. LOL
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 7:41:26 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Typo alert:

M6 Droid has +1 atk

(beginning to add the set on here, possible minor spoilers could happen, but you'd have to get lucky to notice, or know specific places to look, and I ain't sayin'...)

TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 8:02:54 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Typo alert:

M6 Droid has +1 atk

(beginning to add the set on here, possible minor spoilers could happen, but you'd have to get lucky to notice, or know specific places to look, and I ain't sayin'...)

Thanks, fixed!
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 8:04:22 PM

DarkDracul wrote:

Quote:
3/30

Jace Malcom, Old Republic Trooper
Old Republic
cost 23

HP 80
Def 18
Att +10
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Greater Mobile Attack

Coordinated Movement [At the end of this character's turn, 1 non-Unique Trooper or Soldier ally may immediately move up to 2 squares]

Counterstrike [When this character is hit by a nonadjacent attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker. This attack does not use the targeting rules.]

Sentry [Replaces attacks: Target 1 non-Unique enemy, ignoring cover. This round, this character and allies ignore cover when targeting that enemy.]

Soldier [Counts as a character named Old Republic Soldier]

Thermal Imploder [Replaces att-cks: If no enemy is ad-acent, choose a square within 6 squ-res occupied by or adjacent to an enem-. At the end o- the next en-my's turn, charact-rs in and adja-ent to th- cho-en squa-e take -0 da-age. T--s d-mage c--not be p-ev-nted. C---a-t--s da---ed by t-is ef-e-- g-i- S--ed - un--l the --d -f -h--r ne-t t---.]

"We must fight to victory or death for the Republic!"

Anyone figure out what that last ability does? The code started breaking down and degrading at the end.

TimmerB123 wrote:
SithBot wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
C---a-t--s da---ed by t-is ef-e-- g-i- S--ed - un--l the --d -f -h--r ne-t t---.]

I do not know how much damage

characters damaged by this effect gain s--ed until the end of their next turn

You look really close there

Lord_Ball wrote:
s--ed - is clearly Speed #

So - where does that leave this ability?
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 10:07:51 PM

bump
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:02:48 AM

Thermal Imploder [Replaces attacks: If no enemy is adjacent, choose a square within 6 squares occupied by or adjacent to an enemy. At the end of the next enemy's turn, characters in and adjacent to the chosen square take -0 damage. This damage camnot be prevented. Characters damaged by this effect gain Speed - until the end of their next turn.]

I would guess 10 damage and speed 4 to fill in the missing numbers.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 7:06:21 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Thermal Imploder [Replaces attacks: If no enemy is adjacent, choose a square within 6 squares occupied by or adjacent to an enemy. At the end of the next enemy's turn, characters in and adjacent to the chosen square take -0 damage. This damage camnot be prevented. Characters damaged by this effect gain Speed - until the end of their next turn.]

I would guess 10 damage and speed 4 to fill in the missing numbers.

Boom! Lord Ball for the win!

He gets a personal preview. PM incoming
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 1:03:58 PM

Updated with one of this weeks previews. Listen to SHNN to get the other one. :)
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:59:57 PM

Who likes pirates, smugglers and scoundrels???
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:02:50 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Updated with one of this weeks previews. Listen to SHNN to get the other one. :)

Uh-oh.

This preview is from Rogue One. Can't wait to see what the peanut gallery thinks of the flavor here.

Listen to last weeks SHNN to find out for yourself!
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:03:31 PM

Booster would have been a lot cooler if it had "willing to serve". No hondo, no maz...
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:24:02 PM

SHNN reveal

Death Trooper
Imp
Cost 28
HP 80
Def 17
Att +8
Dam 20

SAs
Double Attack
stealth
Squad Assault
Squad Firepower
Synergy +4 attack +4 Def within 6 of Krennic
Thorium Charge

(signature abilitiy) = Unit Bodyguard - (If an adjacent ally with the same name or an adjacent allied commander would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead)

Beefy and costy, but we don't know what Krennic does yet.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:26:07 PM

donnyrides wrote:
Booster would have been a lot cooler if it had "willing to serve". No hondo, no maz...

For me Booster really highlights a problem among the design trend...

It seems that there is such concern over cancelled CEs that a FRINGE character has Independent Outfit, just so he can grant it through Camaraderie...

Not a big fan of the overuse of Camaraderie and Synergy personally. when it was just used to boost the older useless figures it was fine, but now it seems too much of a go to.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:45:28 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:

It seems that there is such concern over cancelled CEs that a FRINGE character has Independent Outfit, just so he can grant it through Camaraderie...

My bad that's a typo. Booster gives Independant Outfit to Mirax. He doesn't have it himself.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:49:23 PM

donnyrides wrote:

I still think he's great paired with Hondo. He may not get accurate, but he boosts the rest of your squad that does.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:53:21 PM

Thoughts on the new abilities? Tenacious, Interdict? Anti-out-of-turn-movement CE?