RegisterDonateLogin

Quench the thirst you didn't even know you had.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 15 Previews Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 11:22:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

V-Set 15 previews began on SHNN this past Thursday.

First two:

Resistance Medical Officer 19/30
New Republic (RM: Human Engineer - DT)
Cost 10

HP 30
Def 14
Att +1
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Melee Attack [Can attack only adjacent enemies]
Heal 10 [Replaces attacks: touch; remove 10 damage from a living character]
Medical Scan [Usable once per round on this character’s turn: range 12; remove 10 damage from a living ally]

Flavor Text:
"That sounds very scary. You must be so brave."
—Medical Officer Harter Kalonia to Chewbacca

===

Nico Okarr 22/30
Fringe - RM: Panaka (KotOR 22)
34 Points

HP: 80
Defense: 18
Attack:+10
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Pilot. Double Attack

Counterstrike [When this character is hit by a nonadjacent attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker. This attack does not use the targeting rules.]

Eager for Action [Whenever a Unique ally with a Force rating ends its move within 6 squares of this character, he may immediately move up to 2 squares]

Pinpoint Attacks [Replaces turn: can move up to double speed, then choose up to three lower-cost targets within 6 squares, ignoring cover. Attack each target once.]

Quick Draw [This character can make an attack of opportunity against enemies with special abilities or Force powers that ignore characters while moving]

FT
"No other pilot could have so deftly maneuvered us through that maelstrom."
—Satele Shan
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 11:23:12 AM

Reserved
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:49:04 PM
Groups: Member

Nico!!! Fun build, couldn't break it. Fun interactions with pilot, fringe, and follower possible. I played him with whorm to see some good Separatist action!
Digging the build
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:06:11 PM

Cost 10

HP 30
Def 14
Att +1
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Medical Scan [Usable once per round on this character’s turn: range 12; remove 10 damage from a living ally]

Flavor Text:

I actually like this piece a lot for the flavor of it. And I think it is actually playable as long as they work with Leia's CE, which I assume they do. Fun Fun Piece
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:25:57 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Cost 10

HP 30
Def 14
Att +1
Dam 10

Special Abilities

Flavor Text:

I actually like this piece a lot for the flavor of it. And I think it is actually playable as long as they work with Leia's CE, which I assume they do. Fun Fun Piece

I love force healing. I like it more than other damage reducing stuff and am glad there is a cheap option that can grab Gambit (other uses) and still grant a heal 10 from range. mid-late game, might be really handy.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:29:37 PM

Nico Okarr 22/30
Fringe - RM: Panaka (KotOR 22)
34 Points

HP: 80
Defense: 18
Attack:+10
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Pilot. Double Attack

Counterstrike [When this character is hit by a nonadjacent attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker. This attack does not use the targeting rules.]

Eager for Action [Whenever a Unique ally with a Force rating ends its move within 6 squares of this character, he may immediately move up to 2 squares]

Pinpoint Attacks [Replaces turn: can move up to double speed, then choose up to three lower-cost targets within 6 squares, ignoring cover. Attack each target once.]

Quick Draw [This character can make an attack of opportunity against enemies with special abilities or Force powers that ignore characters while moving]

FT
"No other pilot could have so deftly maneuvered us through that maelstrom."
—Satele Shan

Interesting. Counterstrike seems very good. the 50/50 save helps for sure. Off the top of my head I would run him with NR and give him Evade, let him reroll failed saves with Leai, and then give him a BG to take the damage since it triggers on a hit, not damage. I dunno what you can do from there, but Han of Corellia/Ganner and Dodonna isn't a bad option if you can slip any door control in. Him in a squad with Jar Jar Binks would just be hilarious with a BG if you could make it work. Giving him twin in Seps could easily be his best sqaud tho. Act contol, access to twin, and really anything else you can think of. The Klat Captain can give him Evade in any faction to help boost counterstrike.

Eager for Action [Whenever a Unique ally with a Force rating ends its move within 6 squares of this character, he may immediately move up to 2 squares] Does this ability trigger if the Ally is levitated, or moves in any other way, other than on its turn? I assume ending its move can only happen on its turn. But I just wanna be sure on it. Because that could potentially be silly if he can move during any intuition or anything.

Pinpoint attacks is another neat ability for him, costing 34 actually helps a little, because he can now get a lot of important pieces.

I think this piece is better than it even looks. I think the key is finding a way to make the save easier/better, or maximizing his damage output. I am on the fence about how I feel on this guy.

shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:32:38 PM

jen'ari wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Cost 10

HP 30
Def 14
Att +1
Dam 10

Special Abilities

Flavor Text:

I love force healing. I like it more than other damage reducing stuff and am glad there is a cheap option that can grab Gambit (other uses) and still grant a heal 10 from range. mid-late game, might be really handy.

This piece will bring back the Bacta Tank! Heal 20 from 12 squares! Or you could spend 35 points of your squad to heal 40 from 12 squares! lol.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:43:32 PM

You have to read augment healing again (I think) it is specific to heal and force heal.
But he can heal for 30 if adjacent
But I did play a squad with that tekli and cighal. Tbh when I made the squad I was thinking of you haha.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:48:47 PM

Interesting... I'll have a look at all that heal business.
I try to avoid answering too quickly, so as to not be wrong. Wink
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:53:09 PM

shmi15 wrote:
This piece will bring back the Bacta Tank! Heal 20 from 12 squares! Or you could spend 35 points of your squad to heal 40 from 12 squares! lol.

Augment Healing names Heal and Force Heal specifically. It doesn't double healing of any other abilities.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:10:38 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

Augment Healing names Heal and Force Heal specifically. It doesn't double healing of any other abilities.

Correct, Medical Scan is not affected. Augment Healing doesn't stack. Heal 10 doubles to 20, though you could theoretically use it twice with Overload to remove 40.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:44:39 PM

swinefeld wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

Correct, Medical Scan is not affected. Augment Healing doesn't stack. Heal 10 doubles to 20, though you could theoretically use it twice with Overload to remove 40.

Good. An even bigger heck mark for this piece then. Love it.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:52:05 PM

Bump
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 9:17:01 PM

SHNN preview 11/16

Saw Gerrera -- 25/30
Fringe (RM: Dashing Lando, AE)
Cost 24

HP 70
Def 17
Att +8
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Unique. Rebel. Rogue One. Ghost Crew
Double Attack [On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving]

Camaraderie [An ally named Jyn Erso gains Survival Expert +2]

Noble Sacrifice [When this character is defeated, 1 Rebel ally may make an immediate attack]

Survival Expert +2 [+2 to this character's save rolls]

Commander Effect
Ghost Crew allies within 6 squares gain Stable Footing [Not slowed by difficult terrain or low objects].

"I'm not a terrorist. I'm a patriot. And resistance is not terrorism."
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 9:29:54 PM

Woot woot
The Fringe rogue!

I think he does a lot better in rogue
shmi15
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 12:26:28 AM

swinefeld wrote:
SHNN preview 11/16

Saw Gerrera -- 25/30
Fringe (RM: Dashing Lando, AE)
Cost 24

HP 70
Def 17
Att +8
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Unique. Rebel. Rogue One. Ghost Crew
Double Attack [On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving]

Camaraderie [An ally named Jyn Erso gains Survival Expert +2]

Noble Sacrifice [When this character is defeated, 1 Rebel ally may make an immediate attack]

Survival Expert +2 [+2 to this character's save rolls]

Commander Effect
Ghost Crew allies within 6 squares gain Stable Footing [Not slowed by difficult terrain or low objects].

"I'm not a terrorist. I'm a patriot. And resistance is not terrorism."

Super interesting piece. His Noble sacrifice really works well with Rebels. This guy is an absolute cannon tho with Rogue One. Once a Unique rebel dies, this guy can double twin +14/20 a pop. A Leia pop and this guy at max can do I think 130 damage in 1 round. If you get Lando in there with him he can get GMA also with Double Twin. I dunno how good he actually is tho, lots of stuff have to happen, but, Rebels for sure have another weapon with this piece. I dunno if he is anything in any other faction, looks rather balanced until you get him in Rebels.

Forgot the Jyn Synergy if you can get it. That would give him a max 16 attack assuming you use R2. I don;t know how many of his buffs you can fit in, but I am sure you could pick a route and go with it with him in a squad
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 3:16:39 AM

He is a commander so no Canon pop
But he can grab another+10 damage from other Leia
shmi15
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 10:21:16 AM

jen'ari wrote:
He is a commander so no Canon pop
But he can grab another+10 damage from other Leia

Touche on the cannon. I'm very on the fence on him. I can't tell if he is a super strong low costing shooter, or just another cog in the ever expanding Rebel faction wheel.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 11:07:18 AM

Haha,

He does not do much in a Ghost crew imo, but in rogue I think he can do well.

Cassian
Jyn
Baze
Chirrut
SAW
Leia, RC
Momaw
Czerka
filler

is what I ran

Hurt Leia and Chirrut so Baze gets Protective and everyone gets Leia bonus

Than run Chirrut in to die ( i literally ran him up and missiled the person next to him haha). followed by Baze for 30 damage furious assaults.

Once Chirrut dies Saw goes to 14 attack for 30 damage a hit (double twin)

Cassian and Jyn grab Jolt from the Czerka as well while Chirrut and Baze are running interference.
shmi15
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 11:23:34 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Haha,

He does not do much in a Ghost crew imo, but in rogue I think he can do well.

Cassian
Jyn
Baze
Chirrut
SAW
Leia, RC
Momaw
Czerka
filler

is what I ran

Hurt Leia and Chirrut so Baze gets Protective and everyone gets Leia bonus

Than run Chirrut in to die ( i literally ran him up and missiled the person next to him haha). followed by Baze for 30 damage furious assaults.

Once Chirrut dies Saw goes to 14 attack for 30 damage a hit (double twin)

Cassian and Jyn grab Jolt from the Czerka as well while Chirrut and Baze are running interference.

See, I see Saw as a 2nd wave attacker. Send in the first one to die, then send him in at full power, and when he dies, you get the Noble Sacrifice, he is a like a solid attacker, that when you kill him cannons another good attacker. Imagine Chiruut dying, sending in Saw, doing his thing, then he dies, and Jyn gets to twin attack whoever. Its pretty strong