RegisterDonateLogin

I'm Mon Mothma, and I approve this website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 15 Previews Options
harryg
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 8:12:31 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/11/2013
Posts: 677
Sorry, Saw having Ghost Crew is like making minis of those Jedi twins and their uncle from those Goosebumps Star Wars chapter books and giving them Camaraderie for Luke because they met one time. A couple of canon encounters does not make people friends. It means they encountered each other, that's what a cameo is. Y'all gonna make the Bendu Ghost Crew? He arguably helped Ghost Crew more than Saw did, Saw tried to leave them for dead in space and the Bendu blew up like three AT-ATs.

Although, considering we have almost as many v-sets as WOTC did regular sets now, I think the fact that this is my first major complaint with anything is pretty impressive.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 8:43:51 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,356
gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
He doesn't have Resistance? Sure, it's in his name, so he still counts as Resistance, but every other Resistance character (with it in their name or not) has the ability. A mistake, unless there's a new character that would make this guy broken with Resistance?


Glossary for Resistance:
Any character whose name contains Resistance, or who has the Resistance special ability.

Same as Pilot. So Snap counts as both a Pilot and Resistance just as if he had the ability listed on his card.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:20:57 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/30/2017
Posts: 193
FlyingArrow wrote:
gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
He doesn't have Resistance? Sure, it's in his name, so he still counts as Resistance, but every other Resistance character (with it in their name or not) has the ability. A mistake, unless there's a new character that would make this guy broken with Resistance?


Glossary for Resistance:
Any character whose name contains Resistance, or who has the Resistance special ability.

Same as Pilot. So Snap counts as both a Pilot and Resistance just as if he had the ability listed on his card.


Naturally- that's what I said, and I know that (I probably didn't make it clear enough). It's not that it changes anything, but as I said all other Resistance characters, whether their names contain Resistance or not, have the ability on their card (not count as having it. Literally have it) so I was wondering why there would be a break from the previously used style (card space doesn't seem to be a problem). And the last thing I said referred to the situation where a commander effect might state "character with the special ability Resistance on its card" and therefore this character would not be eligible. Not that I think that that will happen, but I was trying to find a reason why he didn't literally have Resistance on his card as do all other Resistance characters.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 10:14:55 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,356
http://swmgamers.com/PDF/V-sets/Set13_GF_NST.pdf

Check the cards. Snap follows the same pattern as Resistance Officer and Resistance Trooper. They don't have it on their cards. The bloomilk database adds the Resistance ability just for convenience when searching. I'm sure Snap will have it in the database as well to make searching easier.
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 10:22:40 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 814
jen'ari wrote:
Should it be considered whatever the mouse droid is... Diminutive or something


I would agree. I think at 12 points though, designers weren't worried about a spam wall.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 11:00:09 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/30/2017
Posts: 193
FlyingArrow wrote:
http://swmgamers.com/PDF/V-sets/Set13_GF_NST.pdf

Check the cards. Snap follows the same pattern as Resistance Officer and Resistance Trooper. They don't have it on their cards. The bloomilk database adds the Resistance ability just for convenience when searching. I'm sure Snap will have it in the database as well to make searching easier.


Ooooh. Didn't realize bloomilk added it. Sorry.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, December 4, 2017 6:25:33 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,356
gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
Ooooh. Didn't realize bloomilk added it. Sorry.


No problem. You have a good eye for consistency among cards. If you'd be interested in helping out with QC, I'm sure there would be room for you.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 8:39:49 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,248
Caedus wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Should it be considered whatever the mouse droid is... Diminutive or something


I would agree. I think at 12 points though, designers weren't worried about a spam wall.




Can you give this piece Grenades 10? Give it Black Sun Somehow, and make it a rocketlauncher, who can also use his ability, since his save 16 for 30 damage isn't replace turn or attacks? If so he could potentially Grenades 30 save 11, and then save 16 again for 30.

What other abilities can you give this piece just out of curiosity?
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 8:41:47 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,248
FlyingArrow wrote:
Snap Wexley, Resistance Pilot 20/30
New Republic - RM: Wedge, Red Two (TFU 27)
Cost: 13

HP: 50
Def: 16
Atk: +6
Dmg: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Recon [Roll twice for initiative once per round, choosing either roll, if any character with Recon in the same squad has line of sight to an enemy]
Scanner [Usable at the beginning of an ally's turn: this turn, enemies adjacent to this character lose Stealth and Cloaked. At the end of the turn this character is defeated.]
Tenacious [Enemies cannot use Opportunist, Deceptive, Devious, or Backlash against this character]


Temmin "Snap" Wexley was regarded as the Resistance's best recon flier and had a keen eye for trouble.




.... I'm sorry, but I am assuming this is a piece based on the Aftermath character.... Why does he has no synergy for MR BONES? Why is he Pilot focused? This is a big disappointment for a fun combo between those 2 characters.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:18:06 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,356
It's the same character, but this is not him in the Aftermath book. It's him as a Resistance pilot some 30 years later as he appears in The Force Awakens and the Poe Dameron comics.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:12:52 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,248
FlyingArrow wrote:
It's the same character, but this is not him in the Aftermath book. It's him as a Resistance pilot some 30 years later as he appears in The Force Awakens and the Poe Dameron comics.



Well I hope this isn't the only version of him. Because him as a kid workin with Wedge, Norra, Mr Bones, and the Imp Officer, forget his name right now, is more like the Rogue One/Ghost Crew idea, because of how they worked together. I will just keep my fingers crossed for a better version
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:25:11 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/31/2010
Posts: 1,602
nico in seps should be fun
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2017 9:18:03 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,356
Gungan Warrior [Non-Unique Republic]
Cost 19

HP 70
DEF +16
ATK +10
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Melee Attack; Double Attack

Melee Reach 3 [When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 3 squares away as adjacent]

Electropole Throw [Replaces attacks: sight; +7 Attack for 20 Damage. +10 Damage against Droid enemies.]

Farseein [If this character has line of sight to an enemy at the beginning of the round, one allied Gungan within 3 squares may move up to six squares before the first activation of the round]
jak
Posted: Friday, December 8, 2017 4:47:55 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 3,478
Location: Beggers Canyon Tatooine
I think Farseein needs an apostrophe at the end, like this: Farseein'
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 8, 2017 12:48:42 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,356
Theron Shan, SIS Operative 2/30
Old Republic - RM: Dash Rendar (UH)
Cost 27

HP 70
def 17
Att +10
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Unique
Soldier [Counts as a character named Old Republic Soldier]

Dual Weapon Use [Replaces attacks: Make an attack, then use one other special ability that replaces attacks]

Enhanced Infrared Vision [Enemies with Cloaked within 6 squares lose Cloaked]

Paralysis [A living enemy hit by this character's attack is considered activated; save 11]

Rolling Evade [When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, with a save of 11, this character takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 squares without provoking attacks of opportunity]

Virulent Poison Dart 20 [Replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage to target living enemy; save 16]
shmi15
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 7:07:42 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,248
FlyingArrow wrote:
Gungan Warrior [Non-Unique Republic]
Cost 19

HP 70
DEF +16
ATK +10
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Melee Attack; Double Attack

Melee Reach 3 [When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 3 squares away as adjacent]

Electropole Throw [Replaces attacks: sight; +7 Attack for 20 Damage. +10 Damage against Droid enemies.]

Farseein [If this character has line of sight to an enemy at the beginning of the round, one allied Gungan within 3 squares may move up to six squares before the first activation of the round]



Interesting piece, but that's really all about it. I'm not a Gungan player, so unless I get him in a random way, I will prob not play him. Anyone who does play Gungans excited to be able to add him to their Gungan squad?
shmi15
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 7:13:44 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,248
FlyingArrow wrote:
Theron Shan, SIS Operative 2/30
Old Republic - RM: Dash Rendar (UH)
Cost 27

HP 70
def 17
Att +10
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Unique
Soldier [Counts as a character named Old Republic Soldier]

Dual Weapon Use [Replaces attacks: Make an attack, then use one other special ability that replaces attacks]

Enhanced Infrared Vision [Enemies with Cloaked within 6 squares lose Cloaked]

Paralysis [A living enemy hit by this character's attack is considered activated; save 11]

Rolling Evade [When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, with a save of 11, this character takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 squares without provoking attacks of opportunity]

Virulent Poison Dart 20 [Replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage to target living enemy; save 16]



Very interesting Soldier piece. I actually like what is going on in the OR with the mid-high 20 Unique Soldiers. It seems to be getting better and better without being to OP at all. I like the Dual Weapons Use ability, and I hope to see it on future BH pieces as well. This guy can get DoubleTwin with a 14 attack and 20 damage (maybe 10 more higher) or Twin for 14/20 then Virulent Poison if need be. I'm on board with this piece. Probably my favorite one that's been released so far.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 7:57:56 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,356
Theron adds some survivability with Rolling Evade, which most OR Soldier options lack.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 10:07:16 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,855
shmi15 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Gungan Warrior [Non-Unique Republic]
Cost 19

HP 70
DEF +16
ATK +10
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Melee Attack; Double Attack

Melee Reach 3 [When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 3 squares away as adjacent]

Electropole Throw [Replaces attacks: sight; +7 Attack for 20 Damage. +10 Damage against Droid enemies.]

Farseein [If this character has line of sight to an enemy at the beginning of the round, one allied Gungan within 3 squares may move up to six squares before the first activation of the round]



Interesting piece, but that's really all about it. I'm not a Gungan player, so unless I get him in a random way, I will prob not play him. Anyone who does play Gungans excited to be able to add him to their Gungan squad?


I like the melee reach 3 and if you are going to make a gungan I am glad he does not do much to present serious competition. brings his own little movement breaker for a shield is what I think might work best.
I like gungans as an option as long as it stays tier 2 and lower. (tier 2.5)
this one seems to have fit that particular idea well.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 10:11:19 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,855
shmi15 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Theron Shan, SIS Operative 2/30
Old Republic - RM: Dash Rendar (UH)
Cost 27

HP 70
def 17
Att +10
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Unique
Soldier [Counts as a character named Old Republic Soldier]

Dual Weapon Use [Replaces attacks: Make an attack, then use one other special ability that replaces attacks]

Enhanced Infrared Vision [Enemies with Cloaked within 6 squares lose Cloaked]

Paralysis [A living enemy hit by this character's attack is considered activated; save 11]

Rolling Evade [When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, with a save of 11, this character takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 squares without provoking attacks of opportunity]

Virulent Poison Dart 20 [Replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage to target living enemy; save 16]



Very interesting Soldier piece. I actually like what is going on in the OR with the mid-high 20 Unique Soldiers. It seems to be getting better and better without being to OP at all. I like the Dual Weapons Use ability, and I hope to see it on future BH pieces as well. This guy can get DoubleTwin with a 14 attack and 20 damage (maybe 10 more higher) or Twin for 14/20 then Virulent Poison if need be. I'm on board with this piece. Probably my favorite one that's been released so far.


Karath gives him Deceptive and Sniper.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Bloo Milk Theme Created by shinja
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.