RegisterDonateLogin

Would never consciously betray the Rebellion.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 15 Previews Options
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:46:19 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
Quote:
Darth Vader of Scarif 5/30
Sith - RM: Vader Scourge (KotOR)
Cost 49

HP: 130
Def: 22
Atk: +15
Dmg: 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Double Attack

Affinity [May be in an Imperial squad containing a character whose name contains Krennic]

Damage Reduction 10 [Whenever this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 10. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.]

Dominant [Whenever a lower-cost enemy damages this character, that enemy takes 10 damage; save 11]

Force Attuned [Once per turn on his turn, this character may use a Force Power that replaces attacks or turn, without replacing attacks or turn]

Force Powers
Force 2. Force Renewal 1; Master of the Force 2

Dominant Force Grab 3 [Force 3, replaces turn: this character may move each lower-cost enemy within 4 squares up to 2 squares; 20 damage to each enemy that ends this movement adjacent to a wall]

Lightsaber Defense [Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Lightsaber Sweep [Force 1, replaces attacks: Can attack each adjacent enemy once]

"During the Battle of Scarif, Orson Krennic and Darth Vader both came very close to preventing the Rebels from escaping with the Death Star plans."

I'm not on board with affinity.I actually think this guy, Krennic, and some Deathtroopers maybe be the best combo you can do with the DT's. I mean thats pretty beast I think. And obviously he really only works with Revan in the Sith. I dunno, mised feelings. Its funny, because I think he is a well designed Vader, especially focusing on the Scarif version. But the affinity for Imps is just glaring. Especially with it being Krennic! lol. Krennic was dead by the time Vader did his business above Scariff.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:40:54 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Quote:
OOM Security Battle Droid 10/30
Separatist - RM: Battle Droid (GaW 2)
Cost 8

HP: 10
Def: 11
Att: +3
Dam: 10

Special Abilities
Droid
Synergy [Unique Separatist allies get +2 Defense while within 6 squares of this character]
Hero's Bodyguard [If an adjacent Unique ally would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead]

FT:
Security Battle Droids were used as guards both during and after the Clone Wars.

Nice! Finally a reason to run those guys, boost up Grievous and take a laser bolt for him too. I'm liking the Confederate love here
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:49:14 AM

shmi15 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

And obviously he really only works with Revan in the Sith.

Why only Revan in Sith?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 12:01:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

General_Grievous wrote:
Nice! Finally a reason to run those guys, boost up Grievous and take a laser bolt for him too. I'm liking the Confederate love here

Just a bit of catching up.

Number of pieces in Vsets 11-14 (combined) by faction:
OR: 19
Sith:15
Republic: 7
Separatist: 6
Rebel: 18
Imperial: 17
NR: 30
Fringe: 40
Mandalorian: 9
Yuuzhan Vong: 9

Number of pieces in Vset 15 by faction:
OR: 3
Sith: 3
Republic: 5
Separatist: 6
Rebel: 2
Imperial: 2
New Republic: 5
Fringe: 7
Mandalorian: 2
Yuuzhan Vong: 1
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:13:35 PM

TheHutts wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

And obviously he really only works with Revan in the Sith.

Why only Revan in Sith?

I didn't mean he wasn't good in Imps, I just meant in the faction he was designed in, he was really only good with Revan. Caedus makes him good if you get Vergere and give him Crab Armor 6. But that has been tried so many times, and its not any better than any of the other ones. I think him and Revan work, because you can swap him in and do his tricks. 22 Base D is very impressive, and I like seeing him have a higher defense to get down the board. But you'll never beat Master Tact/ full board swap. He can double Lightsaber sweep correct?
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:16:08 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Quote:
Cost 8

Special Abilities
Droid
Synergy [Unique Separatist allies get +2 Defense while within 6 squares of this character]
Hero's Bodyguard [If an adjacent Unique ally would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead]

FT:
Security Battle Droids were used as guards both during and after the Clone Wars.

I've never been a Seps fan, but thats because I never liked the squads that were good in them. The more I look at the new Grievous, and the more Sep pieces I see coming out, I think they are going to get a big boost, and I think its going to be enjoyable. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of multiple Battle droids armies. And Grievous leading them will make it awesome. I hope a Dooku/Grievous Army with Battle Droids wins a regional!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:30:58 PM

shmi15 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Quote:
Cost 8

Special Abilities
Droid

FT:

I've never been a Seps fan, but thats because I never liked the squads that were good in them. The more I look at the new Grievous, and the more Sep pieces I see coming out, I think they are going to get a big boost, and I think its going to be enjoyable. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of multiple Battle droids armies. And Grievous leading them will make it awesome. I hope a Dooku/Grievous Army with Battle Droids wins a regional!

If the cards get here before March I'll try to make that happen hahaha.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:43:41 PM

Quote:
Goran Beviin 28/30
Mandalorian - RM: Senate Guard (Rots)
Cost: 36

HP 80
DEF 18
ATK +11
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Double Attack

Beskar’gam [When this character takes damage, he reduces the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 11]

Bounty Hunter +2 [+2 Attack against Unique enemies]

Crushgaunt [This character's adjacent attacks count as melee attacks and cannot be prevented]

Exterminate [While adjacent to any character, this character and adjacent enemies lose Avoid Defeat]

Parry [When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Single-Shot Blaster [This character cannot gain Twin Attack]

Vong Hunter [+4 Attack and +10 Damage against Yuuzhan Vong characters]

A very close friend of Boba Fett, this advocate of "Total War" and one-time Mandalore, had an intense hatred of Yuuzhan Vong and most Jedi.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:44:14 PM

Last one. Everything else on SHNN Thursday.
gholli69
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 4:34:07 AM

So on crushgaunts, just the attacks cannot be prevented or is is the damage as well? Does party, makashi, ssm, etc still work to negate the damage or does the SA just help to get around things like pheremones and possibly diplomat, etc.?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 6:03:31 AM

gholli69 wrote:
So on crushgaunts, just the attacks cannot be prevented or is is the damage as well? Does party, makashi, ssm, etc still work to negate the damage or does the SA just help to get around things like pheremones and possibly diplomat, etc.?

Attacks and damage - same wording as Overwhelming Force. It doesn't get around Diplomat for the same reason Overwhelming Force doesn't. The attack cannot be prevented, but you still can't target the Diplomat. He could attack a Diplomat on an attack of opportunity since an AoO doesn't use the targeting rules.
gholli69
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:46:31 PM

Ok, just didn't say anything about damage in the preview. Kinda what I thought the answer would be be just had to ask.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:49:22 PM

gholli69 wrote:
Ok, just didn't say anything about damage in the preview. Kinda what I thought the answer would be be just had to ask.

but can just force bubble the damage and take 0 ;)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:06:56 PM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
gholli69 wrote:

but can just force bubble the damage and take 0 ;)

Force Bubble would be preventing the damage, so you can't do that either. It works the same as Overwhelming Force. That's why his damage output is so low for his cost... Single-Shot Blaster and only 40dmg total. But if he gets adjacent the damage goes straight through.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:48:29 PM

Quote:
Thrawn, Chiss Emissary 26/30
Fringe - RM: Thrawn IE
Cost 59

HP 80
Def 18
Att +12
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Twin Attack

Deceptive [+10 Damage against an enemy who has activated this round]

Disciplined Tactician [Suppresses enemy and allied special abilities, commander effects, and Force powers that modify initiative]

One Step Ahead [Once per skirmish: this character's or an ally's next attack or save roll counts as a natural 11]

Rapport [Costs 15 less in the same squad as a character named Chiss Fleet Officer or Chiss Ascendancy Commander]

Commander Effect
Allied Chiss characters gain Satchel Charge and Counterstrike (When this character is hit by a nonadjacent attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker. This attack does not use the targeting rules.).

Now under discussion on SHNN.
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=63807&cmd=tc
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:59:10 PM

Quote:
Mirax Terrik 17/30
New Republic - RM: Leia Cloud City (TFU 19)
Cost: 26

HP: 70
Defense: 17
Attack: +8
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Pilot
Double Attack [On her turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving]
Backlash [This character can move and then make all of her attacks against 1 enemy who has already activated this round]
Camaraderie [A character whose name contains Horn gains Backlash]
Stealth [If this character has cover, she does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets]
Synergy +2 [+2 Attack and +2 Defense while an ally whose name contains Booster or Horn is within 6 squares]

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:03:52 PM

Quote:
Ric Olie with R2-A6 8/30
Republic - RM: General Rieekan
Cost 26

HP 70
DEF 17
ATK +9
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Pilot. Speed 8
Royal Naboo Security Forces
Camaraderie [A Medium ally whose name contains Anakin Skywalker gains Pilot]
Coordinated Movement [At the end of this character's turn, 1 ally may immediately move up to 2 squares]
Evade [When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]
Greater Mobile Attack [Can move both before and after attacking. This character can make extra attacks even if he moves this turn, but he must make them all before resuming movement.]
Survival Expert [+4 to this character’s save rolls]

Commander Effect
Republic pilot allies within 6 squares gain Greater Mobile Attack.

You can choose to activate only 1 character in the phase that this character activates.

This skilled and trusted personal pilot of Queen Amidala, was the first to educate young Anakin Skywalker in the ways of flying.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:13:07 PM

Quote:
Yuuzhan Vong Grafting Shaper
Vong - RM: Kaminoan Medic (MotF 31)
cost 12

HP: 40
Defense: 16
Attack: +4
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Melee Attack
Force Immunity [Enemies cannot affect this character with Force powers, or spend Force points to reroll attacks against this character or to respond to this character's attacks and abilities]
Graft [Replaces turn: remove an adjacent Savage ally from play; that character is defeated. Then remove damage from another adjacent Yuuzhan Vong ally up to the remaining Hit Points of the defeated character.]

Commander Effect
Savage characters are subject to this effect: Savage allies can end their moves next to this character instead of an enemy.

Amongst the roles of the Shaper class were those specialized in mending or "upgrading" their kinsmen.

(Credit to General_Grievous)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:18:44 PM

Quote:
Galen Erso 15/30
Imperial - RM: Crix Madine (IE)
Cost 18

HP 30
Def 13
Att +1
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Melee Attack

Affinity [May be in a Rebel squad]

Death Star Engineer [Allied Imperial commanders within 4 squares gain Doctrine of Fear (Enemy characters within 6 squares get -4 Attack]

Double Agent [Suppresses enemy and allied commander effects that alter the number of activations per phase]

Exploit Vulnerability [Rebel followers within line of sight gain Deadly Attack (Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 19 or 20) and Vicious Attack (Triple damage instead of double on a critical hit)]

Internal Strife [On an attack roll of natural 1, this character joins the opponent's squad until the end of the skirmish]

FT:
Galen Erso's expertise was essential to the construction of the Death Star.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:26:47 PM

Quote:
Kol Skywalker, New Republic Bastion 16/30
New Republic - RM: Kol
Cost 52

HP 130
DEF 21
ATK +14
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Triple Attack

Defense Beacon [This turn, an enemy that started or became adjacent to this character cannot both move more than 6 squares and attack more than once]

Evade [When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Stifling Attack [On this character's turn, adjacent enemies cannot use special abilities that respond to his attacks]

Force Powers
Force 3. Force Renewal 1; Master of the Force 2

Force Push 2 [Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage; push back target 2 squares if Huge or smaller]

Lightsaber Assault [Force 1, replaces attacks: Make 2 attacks]

Lightsaber Defense [Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

FT:
The father of Cade Skywalker, this fierce and stalwart Jedi held off an entire Sith army led by Darth Nihl while his son escaped unharmed.