RegisterDonateLogin

Would never consciously betray the Rebellion.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 15 Previews Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 7:36:15 PM
Groups: Member

Thematically, I think it just represents the fact that Battle Droids alone never, in the history of Star Wars, accomplished anything useful by themselves. Super Battle Droids are a different story, but I'm pretty sure you usually see mixes of B-1s and B-2s. Just run a horde of each, and you'll be fine.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 7:57:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Promoting diverse squad types is a theme in the set, alluded to by the set name: Unexpected Allies. The subset also promotes that theme.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 10:34:35 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Would this work? I hope so, because it's already done...

===
Quote:
General Grievous, Separatist Hero 5/6
RM: GG Supreme Commander
Cost 45

HP 110
Def 21
Att +12
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Triple Attack

Cyborg [Counts as both a Droid and a non-Droid; living; subject to critical hits and commander effects]

Disciplined Leader [This character's commander effect cannot be suppressed]

Jedi Hatred +10 [+10 Damage against enemies with Force ratings]

Melee Duelist [+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy]

Twin Blaster 10 [Replaces attacks: sight; make 2 attacks against 1 target at +10 Attack and 10 Damage. These count as nonmelee attacks.]

Force Powers
Force 1
Lightsaber Defense [ Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Commander Effect
Droids are subject to this effect:
Allies whose names contain Battle Droid get +4 Attack and +10 Damage while within 6 squares of an ally with a different name which also contains Battle Droid.

"You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku."

===

Advertisement for this week's SHNN (Thursday, 10pm on TalkShoe): discussing Grievous, the last two pieces in the subset, and the subset as a whole.

Woooot! Heck yes that is what I'm talking about! Perfect 10/10! At long last my battle Droids are returning to glory. Forget you Bastilla! Go distract yourself Rebels! Try Distupting this Katarn! Rise up my mechanical friends and let us crush the Republic once and for all! Long live the Confederacy!

More rational assessment and posting too follow but for now *cyborgnetic laughter*
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:32:06 PM

Quote:
First Order Flametrooper
Imperial - RM: Clone with Repeater (GAW 23)
Cost 26
HP 50
Def 16
Att +0
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Melee Attack [Can attack only adjacent enemies]
Rapport [Costs 4 less when in the same squad as a Unique First Order commander]
Flamethrower 30 [Replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target]

FT:
Commonly known as "roasters", "hotheads" or "burnouts" by Resistance fighters, First Order flametroopers were best used to flush out enemy entrenchments.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:59:55 AM

Quote:
Jedi Master Vodo-Siosk Baas 1/30
Old Republic - RM: Vodo
Cost 38

HP 130
Def 20
Att +13
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Twin Attack

Lightsaber Duelist [+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy with a Force rating]

Tedryn Holocron [At the start of the skirmish, choose 1 ally named Jedi Holocron: for the rest of the skirmish that ally gains Force Diminish (Force 2: At the end of this character's turn, choose 1 enemy commander effect. Until the end of the round, the chosen commander effect is suppressed farther than 6 squares from that commander or its allies with Relay Orders)]

Force Powers
Force 4

Force Bubble [Force 1: When this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 20]

Force Sense 3 [Force 3, usable only on this character's turn: Enemy characters lose Stealth and Cloaked for the rest of the round]

Force Weapon 1 [Force 1, replaces attacks: +10 Damage until the end of the skirmish]

Knight Speed [Force 1: This character can move 4 extra squares on his turn as part of his move]
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:05:35 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Quote:
First Order Flametrooper
Imperial - RM: Clone with Repeater (GAW 23)
Cost 26
HP 50
Def 16
Att +0
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Melee Attack [Can attack only adjacent enemies]
Rapport [Costs 4 less when in the same squad as a Unique First Order commander]
Flamethrower 30 [Replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target]

FT:
Commonly known as "roasters", "hotheads" or "burnouts" by Resistance fighters, First Order flametroopers were best used to flush out enemy entrenchments.

I like the guy. Prob accurately costed and flame30 is nice. Is there a reason these guys are not resistant to the fire themselves? I am not sure... But I think they wore flame resistant armor right?

7/10
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:09:32 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Quote:
Jedi Master Vodo-Siosk Baas 1/30
Old Republic - RM: Vodo
Cost 38

HP 130
Def 20
Att +13
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Twin Attack

Lightsaber Duelist [+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy with a Force rating]

Tedryn Holocron [At the start of the skirmish, choose 1 ally named Jedi Holocron: for the rest of the skirmish that ally gains Force Diminish (Force 2: At the end of this character's turn, choose 1 enemy commander effect. Until the end of the round, the chosen commander effect is suppressed farther than 6 squares from that commander or its allies with Relay Orders)]

Force Powers
Force 4

Force Bubble [Force 1: When this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 20]

Force Sense 3 [Force 3, usable only on this character's turn: Enemy characters lose Stealth and Cloaked for the rest of the round]

Force Weapon 1 [Force 1, replaces attacks: +10 Damage until the end of the skirmish]

Knight Speed [Force 1: This character can move 4 extra squares on his turn as part of his move]

Jedi Master! Equals No Force Renewal.... Did I miss something? So he can Force Weapon, and get the +10 from Bastilla for +20 damage. Thats not bad at all. His Force Diminish ability is cool.... I think I understand it. It just negates Booming Voice till the next Init correct?

Knight Speed with him is nifty, And Force Sense 3 is cool.... But why not have him start with 3FP and give him renewal 1?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:21:23 AM

shmi15 wrote:
His Force Diminish ability is cool.... I think I understand it. It just negates Booming Voice till the next Init correct?

It's the Force Power version of Jam Transmission, which is a Special Ability on Aves. It does negate Booming Voice, but it also suppresses boardwide CEs (e.g. Rieekan, Daala) unless the commander or Relay Orders is up in the fray. It doesn't suppress Dodonna/Ozzel-type CEs, since those affect the player instead of something on the board.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:23:05 AM

Vodo is a very interesting piece. Jedi Master with no renewal is nothing new though. Very fun piece and another twin piece for the OR Senator!
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:35:09 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Vodo is a very interesting piece. Jedi Master with no renewal is nothing new though. Very fun piece and another twin piece for the OR Senator!

Yea, with the Senator he smacks back pretty hard. With him he can do a total of 170 damage or something right?
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:43:26 AM

Vodo is incredible and I like the theme, I think Diminish is a lot more balanced than Advanced battle meditation
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:50:04 AM

Vodo has to have an "apprentice" to give the holocron to. Since Vodo doesn't have a lightsaber, you cannot attach a holocron to him. Someone else will be using the Holocron with Force Diminish.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:57:48 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Vodo has to have an "apprentice" to give the holocron to. Since Vodo doesn't have a lightsaber, you cannot attach a holocron to him. Someone else will be using the Holocron with Force Diminish.

Does Lightsaber Duelist not give him the Lightsaber SA? I thought anything with Lightsaber in it did?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:05:14 AM

shmi15 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Does Lightsaber Duelist not give him the Lightsaber SA? I thought anything with Lightsaber in it did?

swinefeld is so good at quoting the exact line of the rulebook or glossary or FAQ. He might quote it in a minute, but to count as having a lightsaber, you need one of these:

* a Force Power with Lightsaber in the name,
* the "Lightsaber" special ability, or
* an ignited lightsaber in the card image.

I know that's the rule, but I didn't find it in a quick glossary search. Maybe it's in the FAQ.

One thing that goes wonky if Lightsaber Duelist meant you have a Lightsaber is that every NR character would get a lightsaber from Kyle Katarn, Combat Instructor's CE.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:18:40 AM

shmi15 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Yea, with the Senator he smacks back pretty hard. With him he can do a total of 170 damage or something right?

yep.
80 by himself (when force weapon is activated and Bastila is popped) than 90 from Senator.
and from 10 squares away if you have the CE range already in place.

Now we need to give Exar Kun a "break your staff in half" ability. Yes!

maybe we should have an Exar Kun OR jedi sometime. you know, before the fall.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:43:06 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

swinefeld is so good at quoting the exact line of the rulebook or glossary or FAQ. He might quote it in a minute, but to count as having a lightsaber, you need one of these:

* a Force Power with Lightsaber in the name,
* the "Lightsaber" special ability, or
* an ignited lightsaber in the card image.

I know that's the rule, but I didn't find it in a quick glossary search. Maybe it's in the FAQ.

One thing that goes wonky if Lightsaber Duelist meant you have a Lightsaber is that every NR character would get a lightsaber from Kyle Katarn, Combat Instructor's CE.

Correct of course. It's in the Rulebook glossary.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Glossary?Id=63
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:52:58 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Correct of course. It's in the Rulebook glossary.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Glossary?Id=63

Of course. I looked in the glossary under "lightsaber" and "attacks with lightsabers". Neither are listed. Why didn't I think of "with lightsabers"? Meh
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:20:05 AM

Haha. Vodo looks cool, but it's kinda funny that this legendary Jedi master has two renditions (one of whom has MotF) and neither has Renewal.

Not a complaint at all. Just funny.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:15:55 PM

Quote:
Shaak Ti, Republic Hero 3/6
Republic - RM: Shaak (RotS)
cost 46

HP: 130
DEF: 17
ATK: +13
DAM: 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Triple Attack

Advantageous Attack [+10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round]

Melee Duelist [+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy]

Forward Commander [+1 Attack and +1 Defense for each Order 66 ally within 6 squares]

Force Powers
Force 4. Force Renewal 1; Master of the Force 2

Force Push 2 [Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage; push back target 2 squares if Huge or smaller]

Lightsaber Sweep [Force 1, replaces attacks: Can attack each adjacent enemy once]

Lightsaber Defense [Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Commander Effect
While this character has line of sight to an enemy, followers with Order 66 can move 2 extra squares towards this character at the end of their turn.

"Are you prepared to meet your fate?"

Currently being discussed on SHNN.
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=63807
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:22:54 PM

And now discussing General Grievous, Separatist Hero (posted earlier).