RegisterDonateLogin

Never tells you the odds.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2018 Sign up and Reporting Thread Options
kezzamachineII
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 2:39:10 PM
Groups: Member

Well, the all Commonwealth duel of General Grievous' Spotter/Sniper squad and thekezzamachine's Obi/Ani/Mace/Rex squad just concluded with the Republic running out 200-72 winners on the Rancor Pen. I was initially fearful at facing the squad (having had some pastings by the Spotter/Sniper combo on numerous occasions) and didn't feel like I had the upper hand in this matchup, but I can now see that my five-activation squad was just the right medicine.

I took the left and just tried to work out how I was going to take gambit as early as possible, while Grievous setup just below the door on the right. As I moved forward, I got a couple of shots from BXs, but Soresu proved too good on the day, only letting in one shot on the penultimate round. By the end of two, I was set up under cover in gambit, while Grievous set up just around the corner down the top middle door, surrounded by BXs. I got some cheeky shots at Grievous, landing two through the spotter but getting a crit back in the face, before I made the call to charge in with the Jedi in order to take out some clankers. It worked as I split them up and started taking out their numbers, before Grievous wheeled around to Rex and Hypori hopped off. Rex put some pain onto the General but couldn't finish him off before being taken out. Meanwhile, the Jedi were smashing the droids, before Mace ran back to base Grievous. Their duel was short-lived as Grievous parried everything, and it wasn't until Obi/Ani dashed back that I was able to Force Push him out of the game. By that time, gambit had caught up and the final round of the game finished with my Soresu'ing and getting the last lot of gambit to clock up exactly 200 points.

GG to GG!
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 3:50:25 PM

Spryguy1981 over HoneHeron 220-20 on Cantina

Reserves
Spry: Wicket, 2 Brute, Uggie, Mouse
Hone: Rakghoul and Loth

R1: Positioning, Satele uses a FP to take gambit, Squib puts Relay Orders on Wicket 10-0 Spry

R2: Bastila on, Satele comes to the lower single door leading into gambit. Obikin Puts 40 on her, Vima puts 60 on Obi-Kin due to failed Saves. Senator puts 30 more through Vima with Wicket holding Obikin in traps. Mace to gambit Ven in Gambit 20-10 Spry

R3: Ven puts 60 on Obi-Kin, Obi-Kin leaps over the group and attacks Satele dropping her to 20. Satele Pushes Obikin to death. Mace bases Ven and Puts 60 on him. Senator Cannons Ven 40 to mace. His Lobot locks the door. Vima charges through top door to kill Rakghoul, Wicket kills Uggie and keeps Vima in range. 105-20 Spry

R4: Mace bases Vima, hits all 3 no crits Vima to 50. Wicket kills Loth Cat, Ven bases Mace and drops 60 More, Vima finishes off Mace. Mace hits 2 Ripostes no crits Vima to 10. Satele bases Lobot, Senator cannons Satele to kill Lobot to go over 200.

3pt Win for Spryguy1981
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 4:56:44 PM

kezzamachineII wrote:
Well, the all Commonwealth duel of General Grievous' Spotter/Sniper squad and thekezzamachine's Obi/Ani/Mace/Rex squad just concluded with the Republic running out 200-72 winners on the Rancor Pen. I was initially fearful at facing the squad (having had some pastings by the Spotter/Sniper combo on numerous occasions) and didn't feel like I had the upper hand in this matchup, but I can now see that my five-activation squad was just the right medicine.

I took the left and just tried to work out how I was going to take gambit as early as possible, while Grievous setup just below the door on the right. As I moved forward, I got a couple of shots from BXs, but Soresu proved too good on the day, only letting in one shot on the penultimate round. By the end of two, I was set up under cover in gambit, while Grievous set up just around the corner down the top middle door, surrounded by BXs. I got some cheeky shots at Grievous, landing two through the spotter but getting a crit back in the face, before I made the call to charge in with the Jedi in order to take out some clankers. It worked as I split them up and started taking out their numbers, before Grievous wheeled around to Rex and Hypori hopped off. Rex put some pain onto the General but couldn't finish him off before being taken out. Meanwhile, the Jedi were smashing the droids, before Mace ran back to base Grievous. Their duel was short-lived as Grievous parried everything, and it wasn't until Obi/Ani dashed back that I was able to Force Push him out of the game. By that time, gambit had caught up and the final round of the game finished with my Soresu'ing and getting the last lot of gambit to clock up exactly 200 points.

GG to GG!

You played excellently and it was a super rough matchup for me. Also Grievous couldn't roll higher than a 2 to save his life hahaha. But first vassal game ever and Kezza was super patient for me while figuring things out.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 6:46:25 PM

hey I killed two things lol.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 6:56:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Deaths_Baine wrote:

You actually killed 3 (you forgot the Uggie) and I killed one for you (the XT-6). 3-0 win for Fur on Fangs. Final score "200"-42.

Deaths_Baine wins map but chooses my map (Nightclub). I take right.

Round 1 - Nexu runs into gambit with the Wookiee Trooper on its back. Everyone else advances.

Round 2 - Deaths_Baine had forgotten about windows and was thinking they were doors. That meant Luke was out of position, so he just moved Luke to gambit. The Nexu with Wookiee Trooper moves adjacent while an ugnaught moves up to provide the Nexu cover. Klat Captn kills the Ugnaught and then Lando kills the Nexu. Wookiee makes the Mount save to land next to Luke. Ven hits Luke pretty hard for 60 (one successful LSDef). Then the Wookiee Trooper hits for 40, but a successful LSDef and Djem So kills the Trooper. Luke is down to 1 FP, though. The Scoundrels move out to get LOS on Luke for the next round.

Round 3 - OR wins init. Ven hits all 3 of his attacks, but the LSDef works, leaving Luke at 30hp. A Scoundrel had set up at the end of round 2 to get line of sight on Luke. XT-6 pops to let the Scoundrel attack and he misses one but hits his second shot while Luke has no FP, so Luke is defeated. Deaths_Baine concedes once Luke is dead. Actual score was 120-42 at that point. OR had 2 rounds of gambit and Luke. NR had Nexu, Wookiee Trooper, UgDemo, XT-6, and 1 round of gambit. There was still about a half hour left on the clock.

Good game - tough match-up with Ven turning off Djem So and Bastila turning off Evade.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 8:59:09 PM

Darth rattle and I are scheduled to play 5th early morning Eastern time.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 4:33:26 AM

Dang beaten so badly I had nightmares all night.... windows that were unbreakable, worst positioning of my life, wookie screams making me wet myself. geeze its been so long. thanks for the game flying, at least all this happened against a squad I basically had no shot at beating lol.

Oh yeah, using tott is awesome as well man, I hope you win this with that squad.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:41:47 AM

I've just been reading through some of the squads (yes, I'm behind the times!). There are a few really cool squads here!

Now that we're underway, I'll show y'all the squad that I was thinking of going with:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/167964/my-new-empire

--My New Empire--
100 Darth Sidious, Sith Mastermind
45 Darth Vader of Lothal
28 Death Trooper
17 Nightsister Sith Witch
15 Sith Holocron
5 Imperial Dignitary

(210pts. 6 activations)

I told Mike (AceAce) about this yesterday and he seemed to like it.
--Basically, the Death Trooper is a huge help to this squad. The Bothan Saboteur is often used as the door control in the Vader/Palpy squad, because he's Imperial so he benefits from Battle Ready. Well, the Death Trooper has Thorium Charge (much better than the Satchel version), and he ALSO serves as a BG for Palpatine, and YET ALSO has Double Att at +8. These are significant improvements over the limited usefulness of the Bothan.
--The Nightsister is just a great source of extra damage vs everything except Vong. Darn Vong!
--The Holocron, along with the Dignitary, can serve as an effective way to keep enemies from basing Palpatine. It also plays a big role in helping key enemies to fail their activation save from Palpy's beginning-of-round zap.

As always, the biggest hindrance to this squad is Marn, who can drain all Palpy's force points away. But after a quick glance through the squads here, I don't recall seeing a squad with Marn.

So then why did I forego this squad, you ask? Because I've already had enough cookiees...and I see dead people (Ghost Crew). But seriously, it was simply because I had never played the Vader/Palpy squad and so I wasn't sure how it would play vs the various squad types. But yeah: I think Vader/Palpy benefits a great deal from having a Death Trooper in the squad...and a Holocron too.

Anyway, cheers! Back to your regularly-scheduled SWM awesomeness. ThumpUp

FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:50:57 AM

A squad I strongly considered was a Unique-focused Hutt Cartel squad with Nico Okarr in it. Nico lets you bring in Aves only if you need him, which can be a key counter to some squads.

I also considered something with Vitiate and/or Vader of Scarif.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:56:07 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:

Hahaha it's ok brother, we still chose to fight against impossible odds. Whenever I'm losing a tough game I just start quoting he movie 300 and no longer focus on trying to win, but instead making a god-king bleed hahahaha.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:57:48 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
A squad I strongly considered was a Unique-focused Hutt Cartel squad with Nico Okarr in it. Nico lets you bring in Aves only if you need him, which can be a key counter to some squads.

I also considered something with Vitiate and/or Vader of Scarif.

Would have been deadly too!

Seeing these squads I would much rather have run 100 point Dooku to give me a fighting chance against all these Obikins and Bastilla's hahaha. That being said really glad I didn't run with what I wanted to bring Huges because they would have been utterly destroyed and hard countered by everything.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:02:22 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/167939/solo-charge--

I should have played this, this is more my type of squad.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:20:18 AM

TOTTT!!!!!!!!

screw windows.

I can't wait to play my match!

This has shaped up to be a fun first round. But a lot of mismatches.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 11:41:34 AM

P.S. RATTLEHEAD WHAT IS YOUR MAP?????????

I want to look at it before the match to see lines and stuff. I have never played on one of them and has been forever for 2 others.
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 11:47:28 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
I've just been reading through some of the squads (yes, I'm behind the times!). There are a few really cool squads here!

Now that we're underway, I'll show y'all the squad that I was thinking of going with:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/167964/my-new-empire

--My New Empire--
100 Darth Sidious, Sith Mastermind
45 Darth Vader of Lothal
28 Death Trooper
17 Nightsister Sith Witch
15 Sith Holocron
5 Imperial Dignitary

(210pts. 6 activations)

I told Mike (AceAce) about this yesterday and he seemed to like it.
--Basically, the Death Trooper is a huge help to this squad. The Bothan Saboteur is often used as the door control in the Vader/Palpy squad, because he's Imperial so he benefits from Battle Ready. Well, the Death Trooper has Thorium Charge (much better than the Satchel version), and he ALSO serves as a BG for Palpatine, and YET ALSO has Double Att at +8. These are significant improvements over the limited usefulness of the Bothan.
--The Nightsister is just a great source of extra damage vs everything except Vong. Darn Vong!
--The Holocron, along with the Dignitary, can serve as an effective way to keep enemies from basing Palpatine. It also plays a big role in helping key enemies to fail their activation save from Palpy's beginning-of-round zap.

As always, the biggest hindrance to this squad is Marn, who can drain all Palpy's force points away. But after a quick glance through the squads here, I don't recall seeing a squad with Marn.

So then why did I forego this squad, you ask? Because I've already had enough cookiees...and I see dead people (Ghost Crew). But seriously, it was simply because I had never played the Vader/Palpy squad and so I wasn't sure how it would play vs the various squad types. But yeah: I think Vader/Palpy benefits a great deal from having a Death Trooper in the squad...and a Holocron too.

Anyway, cheers! Back to your regularly-scheduled SWM awesomeness. ThumpUp

Holocron is no good in a vader of lothal squad. One of the huge advantages of Vader is battle ready and if you are using a holocron, you have to keep someone back to pick it up.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:37:22 AM

I toyed with a Kol squad for awhile, but I knew I wanted to play Ven Zallow. Took me awhile to come up with my squad. I was like so do i play Vodo, do I play Vima, should I consider Lobot. When I finally settled on Lobot then I was trying to figure out what else to run Vima or Vodo. When I decided Vima I chose the Squib to round it out for the relay orders and Satchel distribution. Plus he can get gambit if needed.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:44:46 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Plus he can get gambit if needed.

The squib is a pretty bad gambit piece because his main abilities replace turn. He winds up being way behind the rest of the squad and slow to get to gambit.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:24:42 AM

TimmerB123 and I are scheduled for 10am EST tomorrow.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:55:51 AM

Three Days Left to finish the round!!
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 9:01:21 AM

Jason and I played our game last night, I won 194 to 154 . I will post a play report later today :)