RegisterDonateLogin

Helps build your immunity to Rakghoul Disease.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2018 Sign up and Reporting Thread Options
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:35:23 AM
Groups: Member

urbanjedi wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Are pairings being done randomly each time? or is it by points/record?

Just trying to prepare myself for the possible TINT, whom I have never beat. #0-2

Spryguy vs. Kezza can create another person with 6 points.

They're based on standings, so there's a good chance you'll play TINT next. You won't play the same person twice, though, so that is also taken into consideration.

Caedus said on the SHNN last week, that he is using a different pairing thing than he used last time, so you might play someone who has a different number of points. Or it might not get paired exactly as we might predict at home using the standings, but it will be against someone you haven't played before.

I can't wait until Darth Rattlehead gets his Pairing App finished up and we can do all this stuff on our phones with an app designed for us. It will be awesome.

oh good to know. I am excited either way. I wish I had time to watch a few games tbh.

Darth Rattlehead app sounds awesome.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:42:34 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
Well, there are still 4 games that haven't been played yet this round, so I don't think we're locked in yet. If some of those games are won by a player who is 1-0 then you (Jen'ari) and I could very easily end up being paired with someone else.

Ya, I would like to get that 0-2 to not have that 0 at some point in life. Might have to play you more than once a year though.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:19:42 PM

I am making log files of all my games and I plan on posting them after the tournament :)
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:43:40 AM

I wonder if people would be ok with signing up twice next time? Jen'ari and Jen'ari 2.0

That way I get 2 games in each round. Or what about someone who doesn't know if they could get all their games in and needs a "shadow player"?

Can I be the designated "shadow player"? where I play their squad and map if they can't get a game in?

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:49:06 AM

jen'ari wrote:
I wonder if people would be ok with signing up twice next time? Jen'ari and Jen'ari 2.0

That way I get 2 games in each round. Or what about someone who doesn't know if they could get all their games in and needs a "shadow player"?

Can I be the designated "shadow player"? where I play their squad and map if they can't get a game in?

this would be cool for random stuff, my friend from work's mom passed away last night, and I am now going to struggle to get my game in this weekend. I am going to try to play it Friday night after 10:30p.m. if I am able to
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:02:21 AM

Cough Cough I am free at that time Cough Cough.

anyone else need a shadow player?

Really the shadow player should be Shmi15. who did not enter the tournament (lame)
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:19:30 AM

jen'ari wrote:

Really the shadow player should be Shmi15. who did not enter the tournament (lame)

I wish I could've entered this, I think my squad would've been a nice addition to the Bastilla going around. BUT, I don't even have Vassal on my new lap top. So I not only couldn't be entered... I couldn't even play! lol
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:53:21 AM

shmi15 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

I wish I could've entered this, I think my squad would've been a nice addition to the Bastilla going around. BUT, I don't even have Vassal on my new lap top. So I not only couldn't be entered... I couldn't even play! lol

It is literally a 5 minute process. You were going to play Bastila?
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 4:26:23 AM

Honeheron vs deathsbaine: I know Trevor said he couldn't play on Friday night, I offered to play for him if honeheron was looking for a game to play (just so he gets to play and doesn't miss out on a game) But he said he had something that came up. Possibly, they can still play tonight???

Spryguy vs kezza is set for today/night

Aceace vs darthrattlehead: ???
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 4:27:04 PM

Cmon round 3!!

I am sorry darthrattlehead did not communicate. He communicated well with me so I am betting life just got really busy. Which happens to all of us, but I think a quick bm is called for if life is too busy to play.

I would like to say that if your opponent can't play I will play you with that person's squad if you want to get the game in. I wouldn't imagine it would count for anything other then just getting to play.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 4:25:10 AM

Dang, has it been 10 days already?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 4:38:31 AM

yeah sorry, I will be able to play from this point on, I just had a funeral and a lot going on this weekend that came up suddenly. I conceded my game to hone as we originally had it set up and I had to back out.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 5:18:33 AM

The points after round 2 after giving them to people for the 'non-plays'
HoneHeron gets 3
AceAce gets 3
Kezza gets 3

jen'ari (2-0) 6pts
thereisnotry (2-0) 6pts
kezzamachineII (2-0) 6pts
Darth Frenchy (2-0) 5pts
Flying Arrow (1-1) 4pts
urbanjedi (1-1) 4pts
AceAce (1-1) 4pt
spryguy1981 (1-1) 3pts
Caedus (1-1) 3pts
TimmerB123 (1-1) 3pts
HoneHeron (1-1) 3pts
UrbanShmi (1-1) 2pts
General Grievous (0-2) 1pt
DarkDracul (0-2) 1pt
DarthRattlehead (0-2) 0pts
Deaths Baine (0-2) 0pts

Caedus
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 6:51:41 AM

New Pairings are up!!!
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:19:24 AM

1 game in, trying to get mine set up.

Has anyone gotten theirs set up? Would love to watch people play sometime.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:51:09 AM

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Darkdracul?
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:18:42 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Does anyone know how to get ahold of Darkdracul?

He is on Bloomilk pretty regularly, but I'll try him too.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:21:58 AM

same for kezza. I know he had a long weekend of SWM with lowerhuttacon. but it might be good to start discussing game times soon.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:14:25 AM

FYI,

Etienne (Darth Frenchy) and I have been in communication. He's in France right now and he'll get back on April 24, so we'll try to play our game after that. He said that because of this, Caedus has given a few extra days for us to schedule our game.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:39:30 AM

Caedus wrote:

In the case of any match not being completed by the deadline, both players will receive a double-loss unless one player can demonstrate that his/her opponent has been completely non-responsive to communications. But please don’t let it get that far; if your opponent is still non-responsive after 24 hours then contact me via BM immediately. In this case we’ll deal with situations as they come up. Unfortunately, this year, I will be issuing a hard deadline in order to be consistent and fair to all the other players. No exceptions to this rule. I am sorry.

The above^^ was stated before the tournament even started.

Round 2 had people in it that had extreme circumstances and wanted to get their games in but couldn't.

No special priveleges or extended time was granted. I think it is unjust to, all the sudden, allow for more time. Especially since it was stated so finitely from the beginning.

If Frenchy can't get his game in on time he takes the loss via the rules spelled out by Caedus before the tournament began. and I will quote this portion as well

"Regardless, players will never have more than 10 days to complete match, once that round’s pairings have been announced."

and
"Round 3 Starts now! You have until the 26th to finish the round!!"