RegisterDonateLogin

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galaxy At War Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 8:43:14 AM
Groups: Member

and the mandos that trained the clones were.....?
Eroschilles
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:01:14 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
and the mandos that trained the clones were.....?

A different group of Mandos than the ones under Spar. Unless some of the ones who trained the clones went and joined up with Spar after the Clone Wars started. There were some Mando killing Mando occuring during the Clone Wars.
markedman247
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 10:38:28 AM

Shysa? Someone who speaks German find that name funny at all? I don't speak German and even know how that sounds. :)
Robin
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:44:05 AM

Cartoon Network started showing silhouette previews last night.
i dont think the Mandies are protectors, i will almost put money on them being Death Watch.
just for the fact that they have almost identical armor to protectors. protectors are the farmers of mandalore, i cant see them being hired Mercs for the Seps.

Mandalorian Protectors where the one's that fought in the clone wars. Boba Fett, Fenn, and Tobi were the only three that came back. The death watch is a splinter group of mandalorians that seperated from the true mandalorians, because they thought they should concer others. However the Mandalore at the time Jaster Merrel, said that mandalorians, were just high paid soldiers. Mandalore da beast, you can tell the difference form death watch and mandalorians, by there helmet. The death watch have a different visor then the mandalorians. The mandalorians that trained the clones were a special group of mandalorians, that jango himself recruited. Mandalorian Protectors are the one's that fought in the clone wars, the mandalorians in the preview were protectors. If there are going to be mandalorians in this pack, they will probley be protectors. Mandalore da beast Mandalorian Protector's arn't farmers? There trained soliders, if they do create a piece for them which i hope they do, it'll be a good piece. I hope that they make some mandalorian protector's before they make another death watch. Besides for someone that wants Fenn, you do know that before Fenn was mandalore, he was a mandalorian protector who fought under boba fett right?
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 12:22:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I wouldn't use the "established" continuity to base on what the Mandos are going to be doing in the cartoon. Remember, Karen Traviss left because her story is apparently being trampled all over.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:16:26 PM

Robin wrote:
i dont think the Mandies are protectors, i will almost put money on them being Death Watch.
just for the fact that they have almost identical armor to protectors. protectors are the farmers of mandalore, i cant see them being hired Mercs for the Seps.

Mandalorian Protectors where the one's that fought in the clone wars. Boba Fett, Fenn, and Tobi were the only three that came back. The death watch is a splinter group of mandalorians that seperated from the true mandalorians, because they thought they should concer others. However the Mandalore at the time Jaster Merrel, said that mandalorians, were just high paid soldiers. Mandalore da beast, you can tell the difference form death watch and mandalorians, by there helmet. The death watch have a different visor then the mandalorians. The mandalorians that trained the clones were a special group of mandalorians, that jango himself recruited. Mandalorian Protectors are the one's that fought in the clone wars, the mandalorians in the preview were protectors. If there are going to be mandalorians in this pack, they will probley be protectors. Mandalore da beast Mandalorian Protector's arn't farmers? There trained soliders, if they do create a piece for them which i hope they do, it'll be a good piece. I hope that they make some mandalorian protector's before they make another death watch. Besides for someone that wants Fenn, you do know that before Fenn was mandalore, he was a mandalorian protector who fought under boba fett right?

was that the whole concord dawn deal?
then fett ended up leaving?
Eroschilles
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:54:07 PM

Robin wrote:

was that the whole concord dawn deal?
then fett ended up leaving?

Actually, they retconned it so Boba Fett wasn't actually involved since he was only 14 at the time and replaced him with Alpha 02 (Spar) for continuity sake.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:59:40 PM

i dont like how the cannon is changing. i have found myself going through my books to track my steps, then i go to wikipedia, and the cannon changes.
i remember some of the same armor as the protectors, including the helmets. i read that in the open seasons comic series. they were almost identical, except for those stupid antenaes on their heads (the DeathWatch).
their armor was painted differently too. after all, werent they part of the same mandalorian guild before the deathwatch Defected into their own sect?
greentime
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 4:15:16 PM

Boba Fett has probably had his background jacked around more than anyone else's in the entire Star Wars universe. He used to be Jaster Mereel, policeman-turned-bounty-hunter somehow. Now he is some guy's clone. And the savior of his people, who were supposed to have been wiped out by the Jedi. And he didn't actually hate Han Solo, he just wanted to kill Jedi. And he's still around, somehow. He got, like, elected President of the Mandalorians. Who are now a galactic powerhouse because they have... large deposits... of... special iron? WTF.

Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:55:26 PM

greentime wrote:
Boba Fett has probably had his background jacked around more than anyone else's in the entire Star Wars universe. He used to be Jaster Mereel, policeman-turned-bounty-hunter somehow. Now he is some guy's clone. And the savior of his people, who were supposed to have been wiped out by the Jedi. And he didn't actually hate Han Solo, he just wanted to kill Jedi. And he's still around, somehow. He got, like, elected President of the Mandalorians. Who are now a galactic powerhouse because they have... large deposits... of... special iron? WTF.

LMAOLOL
Cephalor
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:46:31 PM

markedman247 wrote:
Shysa? Someone who speaks German find that name funny at all? I don't speak German and even know how that sounds. :)

Like "shit" in German? Schei**?

@ the Mandalorians: I didn't know who was Shysa Fenn, so I looked it up. From what I found/read, I don't like him.
Maybe we get some new Mandalorians?
Or are there others? At first thought I hoped, one of them would be Montross but then I realized it would be impossible because he was dead at that time and he was Jango's enemy.
Eroschilles
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 2:10:25 AM

Well, Jaster Mareel was they guy adopted Jango as I recall. And Boba took on his name while living on Concord Dawn as a Journeyman Protector (police guy). Boba became a bounty hunter after he was kicked of Concord Dawm for killing his superior (though the guy justly deserved it, I still wouldn't abandon my wife. Not even her fault...).
Robin
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 4:55:06 AM

LoL i say forget it, this mandalorian history crap is just to hard to all understand.
markedman247
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 8:46:28 AM

See, this would have all been avoided had Boba JUST DIED IN THE SARLACC but NOOOOOO the fanboys couldn't let him die peacefully. So, now we have fractured continuity. Anyone want to reedit ROTJ so that when Boba went into the Sarlacc, so did 40 megatons of explosive, a boat, a tank that is carrying nitroglycerin, maybe even Freddy and Jason to carve him up. Then, we can have some peace :)

I didn't think so. I just wish people would have accepted Dengar as their lord and savior, then it would have been so simple. See Han! Hate Han! End Han! Then get married.

And yes, I am J/K on all acounts.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 9:07:04 AM

don't you know this is how it all went down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3mNHFHQ8uw
Eroschilles
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 10:11:47 AM

Dr. Destructo wrote:
don't you know this is how it all went down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3mNHFHQ8uw

Lol! Exactly!
bigbro911
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 1:55:27 PM

I LOVE how the GAW thread turned into a mando discussion. IMHO, Bloo Milk is VERY Mando friendly!!
IG-108
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 1:58:20 PM

Are you talking about the silhouettes of the bounty hunters? If so, I know for sure I saw one that looked like a Trandohsan. A young Bossk possibly?
Also, the mandolorians could still be Death Watch. Their armor just might be different. I don't think them choosing different armor than the old Death Watch guys could be that big of a stretch.
Robin
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 12:37:59 PM

bigbro911 wrote:
I LOVE how the GAW thread turned into a mando discussion. IMHO, Bloo Milk is VERY Mando friendly!!

Thats because Mandalorian's are the best.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 12:39:32 PM

Robin wrote:
bigbro911 wrote:

Thats because Mandalorian's are the best.

" Im Mandalore, and I approve this message".