Does anyone even read these?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galaxy At War Options
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 5:42:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarthReeves wrote:
This rex and this ventress both suck compared to the last ones released. WASTE

I think Rex's CE will prove useful in some pretty interesting ways, especially when combined with other commanders. Flight is awesome. Before you would have to pair him with Cody just to get a similar but less capable ability (Wall Climber).

Asajj's CE is spotty, but think of what it opens up with some of the Sep heavy hitters. Durge JH, Dooku/Tyranus, Maul CotS etc have the *potential* to lay on some pretty extreme damage. They should have had her grant Flurry as well. That would be sick.

I just hope the non-unique living Seps get a commander that bumps up their attack to something usable, or they will continue to rot in the closet. +4/+4/+10d would rock. I'd pull out the Acolyte, Picador, Nemoidians etc if that was available.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 8:26:27 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Rex is still pretty blasted good. Sure, not as much damage output, but I think that is balanced by 30 BASE damage, and then Flight/Greater Mobile. That is a powerful combination. And the CE is awesome, even to this day. In fact, I would say it is better than CW Rex's CE.

Asajj is cool. I am pretty happy to see Niman finally, and can't wait till I see Mastery. The CE could be fun with other Fringe options as well. I think Evade will help her more in certain matchups than Stealth, and I can never get enough Master Speed (and on a Twin Attacker).

They are best kind of new pieces, ones that don't outright replace the old ones.
TK-4334
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 11:16:34 PM
Groups: Member

Ventress is first Ventress witch ist playable, because she gots Evade. So ´m really glad about her.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:56:38 AM

Sithborg wrote:
They are best kind of new pieces, ones that don't outright replace the old ones.

Amen to that. BlooMilk

vote NO to powercreep
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:59:54 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Amen to that. BlooMilk

vote NO to powercreep

I hereby officially vote NO to powercreep BlooMilk
TK-4334
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 3:53:19 AM

Look at the Fisto Booster it looks like General Loathsom ?! And Cade Bane on the Ventress Booster.
Durge Dude
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 3:58:52 AM

sweet we are getting Cade Bane and Loathsome!
markedman247
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:37:43 AM

Corrected after being proven wrong.
defender390
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:31:28 AM

The clothing is much too similar to say it is definitely not Loathsome.
Cephalor
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:27:08 AM

I bet it's Loathsom.
markedman247
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:44:45 AM

Edit: I stand fully and totally corrected. I didn't have the opportunity at work to view them on the same screen. That is indeed Whorm.

I am humbled.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 7:08:41 AM

i dont know about Loathsome, but i Know thats cad Bane on the side of the Ventress boxThumbsUp
swmimperial130
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 7:11:49 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
i dont know about Loathsome, but i Know thats cad Bane on the side of the Ventress boxThumbsUp

BlooMilk I'm getting Cad Bane in my caseBlooMilk
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 7:19:49 AM

swmimperial130 wrote:
Mandalore Da Beast wrote:

BlooMilk I'm getting Cad Bane in my caseBlooMilk

im not doing a case on this one, because i think there will only be 10 minis i need out of this set. what would be nice? a new Destroyer Droid!! with a shield around it!! Whoop Whoop!!
IG-108
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 12:37:07 PM

I've had the idea of making a custom mini of a destroyer droid with the shield around it for a long time. Would like to see it made into an actual mini pose though.
As for what I think those minis on the sides showing of those boosters are:
Kit Fisto: Admiral Yulareen, and General Loathsome
Grievous: ? and a magnaguard with rocket launcher
Ventress: A new Anakin, and Cad Bane
Robin
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 1:01:48 PM

I bet there will be a new Sing in this pack. She helped out Bane in the end of the first season. I'm also preety sure for all of those other Mando fans that there will be at least one mandalorian piece, because i went to San Diego Comic -Con. In the star wars booth they were showing a trailer of the new season of clone wars, and at the end three blue mandalorians (current boba / jango style armor) walk up to Anakin, at the end of the trailer. I'm also hoping for a good cade bane. I was hoping that he was actually going to be a good piece, hopefull something like durge, jedi hunter. Thats what im hoping for, anyways. Plus for the people that said ventress was bad, i strongly disagree, she's great for all non droid sep's, and don't forget fringe. That turns boba, cade, jango, and maris ever deadlier then before.
kun fu stormtrooper121
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:57:36 AM

TK-4334 wrote:
Ventress is first Ventress witch ist playable, because she gots Evade. So ´m really glad about her.
What!!! have you seen the Asaj Ventress Separatest Assassion??? SHE HAS STEALTH!!!!!!
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:04:37 AM

kun fu stormtrooper121 wrote:
TK-4334 wrote:
What!!! have you seen the Asaj Ventress Separatest Assassion??? SHE HAS STEALTH!!!!!!

throw in a BBSV and TBSV and she gets greater mobile Double Twin on top of that!
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:36:34 AM

That's a lot of points for a greater mobile Asajj at 12 attack. The new asajj is good as well, I especially like her commander effect. In combination with a decent attacking figure and the chargrin(sp?) commander, 80 potential damage on a 19 or 20 is not a bad deal. Do it with the newer durge, and jedi go down. Hard.
IG-108
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:09:26 AM

Robin wrote:
I'm also preety sure for all of those other Mando fans that there will be at least one mandalorian piece, because i went to San Diego Comic -Con. In the star wars booth they were showing a trailer of the new season of clone wars, and at the end three blue mandalorians (current boba / jango style armor) walk up to Anakin, at the end of the trailer.

That wasn't Boba Fett, it's a different mandalorian. And he was confronting Obi-Wan.
What really ticks me off is when people say that the mandolorian in the preview is Jango Fett. Did they not see him get his head cut off in Episode II?