RegisterDonateLogin

Twin suns got you down? Cool off with Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

My life is officialy over Options
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 10:07:34 AM
Groups: Member

I he were a real dad, he would encourage you in all your interests.
amsnow
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 10:09:18 AM

DarthJak wrote:

now hold on there, that might be a bit unfair seeing as we dont know the full extent of the story
sharron
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 5:10:03 PM

quite unfair. maybe explaining to him what all these lovely people have said will maybe change his mind. i sertainly hope so.
Darth O
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 5:16:52 PM

Scared Scared Scared Scared

If my dad did that, my mum would be a solo mum, if you know what I mean...No Bloo Milk Bomb Crying OMG Mad Cursing Angry Sad ThumbDown Sneaky
sharron
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 8:38:50 PM

Darth O wrote:
Scared Scared Scared Scared

If my dad did that, my mum would be a solo mum, if you know what I mean...No Bloo Milk Bomb Crying OMG Mad Cursing Angry Sad ThumbDown Sneaky

maybe han solo....? heh heh..
swmimperial130
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:01:50 AM

DarthJak wrote:

That's my dad, he says u cant play minis caus you did...... LATER on (about 3-7 min.) oh, I can't keep you from something you love
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:03:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mandelmauler wrote:
Xeonaught wrote:
he said that they cause a disraction and make me antisocial.

Ask if you can teach HIM how to play. Then invite HIM to play with your group. I go to the LGS with my son all the time.

The above is what I would suggest as well.

Also, I'm not a forum Nazi or anything, but these forums should be used to promote the friendly spirit of the game and to help one another learn and enjoy the game. NOT to turn kids against their own dads. Even jokingly things can be taken the wrong way. Please try to post constructive ways to solve a problem or at least refrain from talking (or joking) about violence to real people. (minis shooting other minis is ok Wink )
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:42:40 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I agree. Also, critism of paranting skills is really silly, as I doubt most of you are parents.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:43:35 AM

im a father, but as far as critiqueing another parent goes, i stay away. not all kids are the same, so my advice would be worthless.
swsf17
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:32:47 AM

DarthJak wrote:

ReallyConfused So If they told their dad one of their intrests was going out to smoke pot or something like that, you would expect him to encourage him????

Thats just crazy!!
I am not telling anyone to do drugs or support doing drugs. FYI
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:01:06 AM

I say this, me personally, i've gotten into alot of trouble. & i dont mean slap on the wrist trouble i mean spend a year in jail trouble. & you know what. It sounds cheesey but mini's keeps me out of trouble. Since i been playing i havent gotten into a fight or anything. They keep me calm its a fun game to play & it teaches life lessons. Strategy, How to think on your feet etc.

My girlfriend now i been with for 3 years, i been playing mini's for about 2 1/2. Now before her every girlfriend i had i cheated on disgustingly. Figure out of 8 years i had 4 steady girlfriends & on each i cheated on them with 25 different girls. I was always going out to bars & drinking, fighting etc.

I would agree with everyone who said try getting your dad interested in the game, maybe he will like it & ease up on you a bit. If he understands it teachs you as well as enterains you then maybe he will be more open to it. Hey he might even like it more than you & wanna take all your mini's for himself lol j/k LOL
harmonm4
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:05:23 AM

Everyone probably feels bad about the whole situation, but more damage can be done by saying the things that are being said. It is not our responsibility to make sure fathers let their children play. Careful what you all say. Words (said or typed) can be deadly poison.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:09:49 AM

harmonm4 wrote:
Everyone probably feels bad about the whole situation, but more damage can be done by saying the things that are being said. It is not our responsibility to make sure fathers let their children play. Careful what you all say. Words (said or typed) can be deadly poison.

Not exactly, all the stories most said are just telling people on this site there deal.

I feel offering to teach his dad is great advice. Because it is true, i know me i'd rather have my kids doing this then to be out in the streets & having other kids influencing them to do bad stuff. Peer pressure is a problem these days & always has been. So i dont feel anyone is out of line when they said there words.

See me, i done alot of bad things in life & you know what, yea its my fault im my own person, but my parents letting me get away with everything didnt help. So as for the stuff i explained i did in my life on this thread, it isnt for anyone to go out & do it, i wanna make that clear, its to tell you its not the way to go, i been through it & get to share it with the kids on this thread so they can hear it & so they dont have to do it.
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:18:52 AM

I think this is a situation where this young mans Dad probably saw him spending a little too much time here and in minis. As young men we tend to all over indulge ourselves. As a Dad I can see where he might have done this to get his son to refocus.

As a Dad of 4 children though, I can see where minis is great for a young person. But it is all in the approach the young man takes to make his argument.

1. Minis uses math which is always a terrific skill for any young person.

2. Minis teaches critical thinking which as an adult is important for people to understand. Too many young people have no clue how to analyze and decide what is a priority.

3. Minis teaches perseverance. Yes sticking with this game and taking your lumps until you become good. That is huge. I cannot say enough how important in life it is for young people to learn to take their lumps as new employees. After time then they become the boss. This only achieved thru perseverance.

4. Minis teaches social skills. In competition it is important to know how to plead your case and to deal socially with difficult situations. Minis helps this.

So I hope his Dad is just wanting him to take a break from minis. I also hope the son can make a good mature case for Dad to get involved in minis with his son. The only reason I am the number one ranked player inthe world was because of my desire to be involved with my 3 sons when it came to the game. OVer time I learned to love it just as much as they did.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:20:54 AM

dnemiller wrote:
I think this is a situation where this young mans Dad probably saw him spending a little too much time here and in minis. As young men we tend to all over indulge ourselves. As a Dad I can see where he might have done this to get his son to refocus.

As a Dad of 4 children though, I can see where minis is great for a young person. But it is all in the approach the young man takes to make his argument.

1. Minis uses math which is always a terrific skill for any young person.

2. Minis teaches critical thinking which as an adult is important for people to understand. Too many young people have no clue how to analyze and decide what is a priority.

3. Minis teaches perseverance. Yes sticking with this game and taking your lumps until you become good. That is huge. I cannot say enough how important in life it is for young people to learn to take their lumps as new employees. After time then they become the boss. This only achieved thru perseverance.

4. Minis teaches social skills. In competition it is important to know how to plead your case and to deal socially with difficult situations. Minis helps this.

So I hope his Dad is just wanting him to take a break from minis. I also hope the son can make a good mature case for Dad to get involved in minis with his son. The only reason I am the number one ranked player inthe world was because of my desire to be involved with my 3 sons when it came to the game. OVer time I learned to love it just as much as they did.

Wow, that was amazingly said. You actually explained how i was trying to explain but couldnt find the words to do it as you did. Well done Dean, very well done my friend.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:56:50 PM

wow
I am giving up on this thread and bloomiilk I think.
Edit
What you guys have said has shocked me and has all most put me over the edge for why I even read the bloomilk forums. Read the what the name of the thread is. I bet the father had a good reason and we dont even know the whole story. Most kids dont tell the whole story half the time. They only tell the side of the story they want people to hear.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:21:39 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
wow

Well, that came out of nowhere.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:28:27 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Jonnyb815 wrote:
wow

Well, that came out of nowhere.

Left field
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:11:05 PM

its always easier to type what is on your mind, its impersonal.
thats why people dont have the balls to say it to ones face. even if they could they never would.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:59:51 AM

wow. ok I bet there is more to the story than the dad took the kids minis from him for no reason (other than too much time). He is a kid we all know kids dont tell the whole story most the time. I just think its sad you all think this kid is right even though you dont know the whole story. Bloomilk has turned into a forum of nothing. I think its funny that people are reading directly into what im posting. If you have ever talked with me on the phone or skype you would understand how odd I an and would take my posts for what they are nothing. its hard to read tone online. I dont know what to think of the bloomilk forums anymore.