RegisterDonateLogin

Is supposed to know a power socket from a computer terminal.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

My life is officialy over Options
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:36:36 AM
Groups: Member

to quote the Joker "WHY SO SERIOUS?!"

dnemiller said it best.ThumpUp
there is way more good than bad involved in playing games with othersBigGrin
forums are for a exchange off opinions and ideasCool
not everything said is going to be agreed with by everyoneMeh
yet, we still may say itWink
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:23:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarthJak wrote:

I was on my 4th paragraph of a response before this showed up. I scrapped it, so I'll just say this.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and welcome to air them, but lets please try not to jump to conclusions about the intentions of anyone's remarks, offhand or otherwise. As JohnnyB said, it is often hard to read tone from a post.

This is generally a light-hearted place to hang out and I for one would like to see it stay that way. That doesn't mean there can't be serious discussions here, but when things that are said get misconstrued and then responded to, the posts start to get personal, and then ugly if it continues. This one was moving in that direction, and I don't really think it was warranted.

Lets be careful what, and how we say things here BlooMilk
joelker41
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:07:18 AM

DarthJak wrote:

Nor doesit give people license to post inflammatory remarks or things just for shock value, which YOUR opening post contained both of.

Jonny's comment was in relation to your opening post about kids killing their parents. WHEN is posting that EVER necessary or correct? That isn't to excuse his post but that is how he often posts, short, to the point, and with no explanation. Is that the best way to do it? Maybe not but piling on people and PMing (you know who you are) people for taking general posts personally (if you notice Jonny didn't quote anyone or mention anyone's name). I was on Skype with him when I heard his reaction to your Parent Killing post DarthJak. It was a cold and illogical reaction to your cold and illogical reaction. Plain and simple.

Honestly Dean and a few others have posted thought out posts instead of direct reactions. If people stop reacting and think before they post half the problems on forums wouldn't occur.

Just because you think something doesn't give you the right to post it, it is a community here, not a sounding board. If what you post isn't constructive or relevant, don't post it!
Jonnyb815
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:22:03 AM

I wasnt going point fingers. I was just going to talk about the thread as a whole. But Joel went over the other why. So I posted I am done with this thread and Bloomilk because of how people were reacting to the OP and other comments made. Bloomilk overall has hit a all time low for me. I dont see the point on coming on to bloomilk to hear kids winning about broken minis or my dad took my minis because....... Its just getting old. I know it wont stop but most of the threads in the past few weeks have been pointless.

I hope my threads help understand where I was coming from. I just post I think this is point less and im moving on but I said it the wrong why sorry on how I posted.
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:23:26 AM

joelker41 wrote:
Just because you think something doesn't give you the right to post it, it is a community here, not a sounding board. If what you post isn't constructive or relevant, don't post it!

exactly Joelker41...I couldn't agree more. Condeming the fathers actions without knowing the whole story is very childish. Constructive critiscm is what we need. Not threats and insults.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:35:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Please, for the good of the SWM community, close this thread. It has no bearing on the SWM game anymore.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:51:30 AM

the reason why the kid got his minis revoked by his dad is none of our f*!?ing business. granted, he shared that information with us, but whatever the reason is, thats between him and his father.
if his father says that its a distraction, it probably is. as a father, if my son is not doing what he is supposed to be doing, being true to his obligations with school, homework and/or chores, im taking his minis from him as well. thats not to say that that i will not give them back.
this game is social, yes, but it can make you anti social aswell. i know of a person who is so obsessed with squad building, that that is all he is doing now to the point where i dont even get to play with him half of the time.
we are no one to judge the actions of the father, because we dont know the circumstances of why he did what he did.
this thread, just like other threads as of late, has gotten out of hand and needs to stop.
arguing over this topic is pointless. if people want to state their opinions, do it. but do it with some integrity and tact for Chrissakes. we need to stop pretending as if we are acting characters in this stupid little soap opera.
im sure most of us are adults here, meaning that most of us are 21 and up.
there are obviously kids here, and they read what we say.
if we continue to bicker and finger point amongst each other, it will prove to be a bad example to the kids we do have here on the site.
instead of arguing over this trivial BULL ISH, lets get to setting a better example as to why Miniatures should not be a distraction.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:03:11 PM

Alright first & fore most, i wanna apologize to JohnnyB for them words i said about him, we talked & it was a misunderstanding. Me & him been friends since the beginning of when i got into mini's & believe it or not, im ranked great in my state now & one of the best in my state because of the games me & him had some close games & he taught me alot in them games.

Second thing, even though i already apologized to him in a prive message & we talked, wanna apologize to Joelker again, heres another great player that i got out of line to & we both admitted we were wrong in that situation.

Last thing i wanna mention is, we need to stop all this fighting on the site, all the sibliminal post to people & we need to stick together as a community. Its me mostly always involved with someone in a beef, but we all need to cut down the harsh words to eachother. Heck we might all see eachother at Gencon one day & do we want it to where noone there is talking to eachother because of stupid arguments on bloomilk? Then we wont have any friends at Gencon. So i say lets stop the critisisim to people, & lets help eachother from now on.

When im wrong i am always willing to admitt when i am, so thats why i type this now.

swsf17
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:08:27 PM

Darth Percoet: "we need to stop all this fighting on the site, all the sibliminal post to people & we need to stick together as a community. Its me mostly always involved with someone in a beef, but we all need to cut down the harsh words to eachother. Heck we might all see eachother at Gencon one day & do we want it to where noone there is talking to eachother because of stupid arguments on bloomilk? Then we wont have any friends at Gencon. So i say lets stop the critisisim to people, & lets help eachother from now on."

I second the motionThumpUp
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:40:24 PM

DarthJak wrote:

Mad your dadThumbDown is the reason kids kill there parentsBomb

Sorry, if some of you took me seriously, I have no desire to promote parentticide.
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:45:10 PM

swsf17 wrote:
DarthJak wrote:
I he were a real dad, he would encourage you in all your legal interests.

ReallyConfused So If they told their dad one of their intrests was going out to smoke pot or something like that, you would expect him to encourage him????

Thats just crazy!!
I am not telling anyone to do drugs or support doing drugs. FYI

edited for those who seriously think I want to promote drug use , or any kind of illegal, or unethical behavior.

DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:58:16 PM

swinefeld wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and welcome to air them, but lets please try not to jump to conclusions about the intentions of anyone's remarks, offhand or otherwise. As JohnnyB said, it is often hard to read tone from a post.

This is generally a light-hearted place to hang out and I for one would like to see it stay that way. That doesn't mean there can't be serious discussions here, but when things that are said get misconstrued and then responded to, the posts start to get personal, and then ugly if it continues. This one was moving in that direction, and I don't really think it was warranted.

Lets be careful what, and how we say things here BlooMilk

you got that right.
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:06:08 PM

joelker41 wrote:

I shall endeavor to check with you on the constructiveness and relevancy of my future comments
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:10:24 PM

Zalkrie wrote:
joelker41 wrote:

exactly Joelker41...I couldn't agree more. Condeming the fathers actions without knowing the whole story is very childish. Constructive critiscm is what we need. Not threats and insults.

yea! no insults!.......wait a minuteBlink..........didn't I just get insulted by being called childish?Confused
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:22:57 PM

as Detective Columbo says....."ah... one more thing..."

I had no idea my comments would be so misunderstood.Confused
I'm sorry for the whole stupid messSad
Those who know me, realize that I'm one of the good guys.Smile
ya know the dude that gives minis away.
Please let this be the end of this thread for all, because it is for me.

ps I hope that kid gets his minis back
joelker41
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:22:57 PM

DarthJak wrote:
joelker41 wrote:

I shall endeavor to check with you on the constructiveness and relevancy of my future comments

That is what is called baiting, and I refuse to be caught by nonesense.
swsf17
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:40:14 PM

DarthJak wrote:
swsf17 wrote:
DarthJak wrote:
I he were a real dad, he would encourage you in all your legal interests.

ReallyConfused So If they told their dad one of their intrests was going out to smoke pot or something like that, you would expect him to encourage him????

Thats just crazy!!
I am not telling anyone to do drugs or support doing drugs. FYI

edited for those who seriously think I want to promote drug use , or any kind of illegal, or unethical behavior.

Sorry ,just a habit, my dad is a lawyer and i guess he's rubbed off on me.

So just to clear things up i was not attacking you personally.
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:40:06 PM

DarthJak wrote:
Zalkrie wrote:
joelker41 wrote:

yea! no insults!.......wait a minuteBlink..........didn't I just get insulted by being called childish?Confused

Good one......Touche'
Boris
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:27:22 AM

Comicsaurus wrote:
If you believe your life to be over because you no longer have your minis, maybe dad is right.

This was my thought as well.
LandShark
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:29:46 PM

Man, that sucks...

Are you at least putting up a fight for your right to play a game that you enjoy?