RegisterDonateLogin

Has become self-aware--don't tell Shinja.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Spheres of Influence League - Round Themes, pairings, results Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2021 12:06:09 PM
Groups: Member

Round 4

thereisnotry defeats urbanshmi 200-51 (3-0)

thereisnotry:
--Boba's Talons--
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
42 Embo
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Rodian Brute x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(200pts. 10 activations)

urbanshmi:
--Good Ol' OR Pilots--
38 Revan, Supreme Commander
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
29 Carth Onasi, Old Republic Soldier
28 Shoaneb Culu, Jedi Knight
26 Malak, Jedi General
18 Klatooinian Captain
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
5 Army of Light Trooper
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
6 XT-6 Droid x2
(200pts. 11 activations)

We both had the Gangster's Vault map, and I "won" it so Laura chose the left side and set up on the lower end of the map, while I set up my people inside the north end of the building.

Round 1: Mostly just positioning, with Laura putting Shoaneb up into the gambit area, along with Carth. For my last activation, Embo charged in for 70dmg on Carth.

Round 2: Laura won init and chose to go first. She didn't Surprise Move with Carth (10hp left and adjacent to Embo), but I did use Talon's CE to push Embo down a square so that he was basing both Carth and Shoaneb. Atton slammed into Embo for 60dmg (after DR10). I responded by having Embo put 60dmg on Atton and then bravely run away to hide in my room. After that, Mira stepped out to grenade Shoaneb and Atton and Carth. Atton made his first Avoid Defeat save, but failed his second. Shoaneb put 60dmg on Mira, and then took a whole 30dmg from Boba (rolled a 1, then a successful deflect, then finally some damage got through), and then another 20 from Talon, who should've moved up first to prevent the Deflect/Evade shenanigans. Dash took some shots at Malak (successful Rolling Evade) and then T3, who successfully shielded both attacks. My R7 locked the door before the end of the round, making it harder for Laura to reach my weak pieces. I also positioned my fodder pieces in such a way that she'd have to burn through them before being able to target my valuable pieces.

Round 3: Laura won init again and let me go first. My 30hp Embo and 10hp Mira are both beside each other, but T3 didn't have a way to reach them in just 1 activation, so she let me go first. I sent Boba out to kill T3 and both of the XT-6 droids. However, Laura was able to blast the door open and kill Mira. Revan killed an uggie, and then Dash put the kibosh on him.

Round 4: Final cleanup. Laura went first, but her dice failed her. Badly. I finished things up with Boba and Embo, and that was the game.

Killing off both Carth and Atton early on in the game was a significant swing. And then Boba's droid-eradication turn was also a turning point because it prevented Laura from chaining some activations for what would've been some painful flames.

thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2021 12:17:30 PM

Round 4

thereisnotry defeats urbanshmi 200-62 (3-0)

thereisnotry:
--Hit Me With Your Best Shot, dude--
85 Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker
55 Yoda, Master of the Order
27 Lobot
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 16 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
(Lobot) 4 Gran Raider
(200pts. 9 activations)

urbanshmi:
--Raddus' Bravado--
38 Dray
29 Dice Ibegon
25 Vilmarh "Villie" Grahrk
22 Luke Skywalker, Red 5
22 Wes Janson
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
18 Klatooinian Captain
11 Admiral Raddus
5 Killik Drone
3 Mouse Droid
(200pts. 12 activations)

I won the map roll so we played on Imperial Garrison. Laura chose the left side.

Round 1: We both advanced our peoples into Gambit. But then Laura used Raddus to buff Villie, who then slammed into AniObi for a big 50dmg hit...it required 2 fprrs, but I made the save. I locked the door to gambit, because I was afraid of him doing that again if she won the next initiative...which she did.

Round 2: Laura won init and went first...but just to run her Killik up there for Relay Orders fun. I then blasted the door with an Ug, and used Ani/Obi to Leap into position for a triple-then-Sweep, which killed Villie and put 20dmg on Luke. Shots were missed because Laura's dice just weren't in the mood. Raddus buffed Wes, but then R2 towed Yoda to kill Wes. Laura threw more guys at Yoda, but nothing got through. My gungan tossed an Atlatl at the crowd that was building up around Yoda, and did some damage. The Klat Captain attacked for some nasty splash damage, bringing R2 to 20hp. Then Evazan came up and bullied Luke:
Evazan: "He doesn't like you."
Luke: "I'm sorry."
Evazan: "I don't like you either. You just watch yourself. I'm a wanted man; I have a death sentence on twelve systems."
Luke: "I'll be careful."
Evazan: "You'll be dead!" and with nobody there to help the farmboy this time, Luke became one with the Force.

Round 3: Ani/Obi jumped up to put some damage on Dray, and then Yoda ran in to finish the job. By this point it was just Dice Ibegon vs my fodder pieces, and R2/Gungan/both jedi against Laura's 2 commanders.

Round 4: Laura tossed a grenade at my cluster of 4 people, and R2 died. After that Yoda charged in to kill Raddus, while Ani-Obi finished off Dutch. That was pretty much the game.

If Laura's dice were bad in the previous game, they were utterly atrocious in this one. It seemed that I almost couldn't miss, while she couldn't even hit my uggies. The dice weren't friendly, but neither was the matchup.

As always, it was fun to game with you, Laura! May the Force (and better vassal dice) be with you.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 10:27:19 PM

Round 4

TimmerB123 (Old Republic) defeats DarkDracul (Old Republic) 200-77 (3-0)

I played:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223621/reckless-revanchists

--Reckless Revanchists--
43 Meetra Surik, Republic General
37 Revan, Supreme Commander
29 Revanchist Jedi Master
25 Malak, Jedi General
23 Crusader General
21 Ithorian Crusader
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
5 Porg
6 XT-6 Droid x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

Bryan Played:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/229999/new-thon-squad

--New Thon Squad--
64 Master Thon
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
29 Carth Onasi, Old Republic Soldier
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
18 Klatooinian Captain
14 Old Republic Senator
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 8 activations)

We played on his map, Imperial Checkpoint.

We did not waste time, we went straight at it. We both went straight to the center room, me with my Jedi Mater and he with Thon and Teethree on his back. My Jedi master made the successful LS Defense save on Thon's attack and the senator cannon shot, thus surviving. He uses a reckless assault to move and get the quickstrike and takes out his Teethree right off of Thon's back, and gives the rest to Thon. Malak comes in and tries a reckless assault, but only does 40 damage to himself with 2 misses. Carth tries to get some shots in on Malak, 1 hit (missed rolling evade), and 2nd hit (but rolling evaded). Malak and RJM both sitting at 20 hp left. I roll around the center console with my Ithorian and war throat his senator to death, along with another 10 on Thon and taking both Malak and RJM down to 10hp left. Meetra decides to get in on the fun and is able to take out Thon (his LS Defense rolls were abysmal). Dash rolls in and finishes both my RJM and Malak. My Teethree flames his Dash and Carth, and Revan tosses the Crusader General over to go after the shooters. The General does 20 damage to himself from a miss on the reckless assault, and 20 on Carth. Next round Carth gets in 2 shots on Meetra (missed LS Defense) and she's down to 40, but then Revan and the General finish them off. Bastila and the Captain roll in, taking out my Teethree in the process. Revan takes out the Captain, and Basila then misses all her attacks and every LS defense save to go down without allowing her team to reach 100. We finish fully with time left on the clock. Had Thon been able to last to the next round, it might have been a very different game.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 11:05:20 PM

TimmerB123 (Republic) defeats DarkDracul (Fringe) 63-62 (2-0)

I played:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/220091/pavan-pandemonium-

--Pavan Pandemonium!--
27 I-5YQ
23 Captain Panaka
21 Admiral Yularen
18 Captain Typho
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
16 Jax Pavan
16 Lorn Pavan
13 Czerka Scientist
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
25 Naboo Soldier x5

(200pts. 17 activations)

Bryan played:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221557/bh-classic

--BH Classic--
35 Jabba Desilijic Tiure
35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
30 Greef Karga
22 Ketsu Onyo
20 Bib Fortuna, Majordomo
8 R7 Astromech Droid

Reinforcements -
12 Rodian Assassin
5 Killik Drone
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 10 activations)

We played on Bryan's map, Desert Marketplace.

This game could not have been more different than our first game. He had major juiced up shooters with multiple movement breakers, I had glass cannon juiced up shooters with multiple movement breakers. We played on a map with a congested middle. It was a slog to say the least. I started with a painful screamed with I-5 to injure both Pavans and be ready for the double twin GMA with protective +20. He moved Boba up to gambit just outside the room, I had a tough choice of who to put in gambit. Everyone on my squad was so integral, I couldn't risk losing I-5 or either Pavan without getting something good out of them. They were glass cannons that need a lot of help. So I put my Gungan Shieldbearer in gambit hoping to give him something to think twice about shooting. He won init and blew the shieldbearer away, making the energy shield save. That really put me back on my heels, I had a whole plan of body guarded energy shield nastiness. After that we cat and moused for a bit. He had a couple stealthy shooters, so they kept me at bay. And I couldn't get a lot back his way. I took a risk and pressed at the end of a round, finally getting the czerka and an injured Pavan in position for the big strike. I was able to get a line on Jabba if I stepped out of the room, so I went for it. Needed 4s to hit for 40 damage each with IQ. I rolled a 2, rerolled a 3 (ugh!), but nailed the other 3, but I totally forgot his bounty hunters were now bodyguards, so they spread it around and all soaked it up. I followed up with Lorn and another 80 damage, but again, spread around and soaked up. I was in position to do a 1-2 activation nasty punch with Lorn and I-Q, rolled a 17 for init, but Bryan rolled a 19 (and a 20, recon), also used anticipation to try and score on the reserves (it was a dirty sneaky reserves squad), but failed in that department. Regardless, he went first, and smoked Lorn with Boba, and 30 on I-5 (rolled under a 6 to fail the laser defense system.) That sucked, because now I-5 was a mindless droid that couldn't be swapped or boosted with opportunist. I had to use Panaka to get Jax in position to give I-5 protective, and again I-5 hit 3/4 on Jabba's paltry 14 defense, and it got Jabba down to 10hp, and Greef down to 30, but everyone still alive. I thought I was sunk. But he couldn't do much after that, so it came down to what Jax could do at the end with an R2 tow and Czerka running up to get in range. Time was well over by this point, and I was down 32 pts (in gambit alone, so it would be 22). I thought I'd just go get adjacent and kill Jabba, he's worth 35 right? He was body guarded by Zuckuss and Boba, but if either of them died, I'd get the win that way too. But he let Jabba die on the first attack and reminded me he's only worth 15 points (oh man I am such an idiot! I could have just taken an AoO from Jabba and killed Greef, or I could have made it to Ketsu and won on the tiebreaker!). But I still had a twin left to deliver, and it just so happened that his R7 was without cover in the room. Pop, pop, 8 points, and the final pathetic score was 63-62. Not a satisfying game for either of us. Not a good matchup, made worse by the map. The last round literally took about 45 minutes to play. The game would never finish without one of us just being completely dumb and running into our own deaths. My squad has a high damage ceiling but has too many moving parts that all need to click. His was more geared towards the blasted 30pt reserves (designers can we please knock that crap off!?!), and had he rolled it the game would have been much different.

Still always great to play the game, and Bryan and I had great conversations throughout and afterward. But I think neither of us will like to look back at that game anytime soon.

Mando
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2021 7:31:59 PM

round 4, game #1

Mando defeats Darth_Jim. Final score: 220-91. 3pts for Mando, 0pts for Darth_Jim.

I won map roll. We played on my map Gangsters Vault

My squad:

--Jedi Generals (SoI round 4, game #1)--
30 Arkanian Jedi General
112 Revanchist Jedi Master x4
28 Aric Jorgan
25 Malak, Jedi General
5 Porg

(200pts. 8 activations)

Darth_Jim's squad:

--Vaapad Dojo--
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
39 Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
23 Foul Moudama
16 Qui-Gon Jinn, Force Spirit
13 Chagrian Mercenary Commander
11 Jedi Holocron
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
10 Porg x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

Aric got in 40 dmg early on Mace which was helpful. Then Critdu went off in this game! he scored a lot of crits and leveled poor Malak and a Revanchist JM. He landed 8 hits in one turn with all of his crits and flurry attacks. thankfully i was able to lightsaber defense some of the crits. In the end tho a bunch of Jedi Masters swarmed him and fended off his ripostes and took him out. 40 dmg hits meant Mace could only take 3 hits after Aric had already done 40 dmg on him. Quinlan took out one more of my Revanchists before he died but by that point it was pretty much over. I had 2 revanchists, Aric and my Arkanian left to still fight and do lots of damage. Game ended in 3 rounds. My porgs bred like rabbits in the first round and that helped me get some saves to go my way in the game. good game and it was scary going up against Critdu being used by someone other than thereisnotry....i think Jim would have made Trevor proud with how many crits Mace got to trigger.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 4:57:16 AM

Round 4, game #2.

Mando defeats Darth_Jim. final score: 131-86. 2pts for Mando, 0pts for Darth Jim

Darth_Jim won map roll so we played on his map Gangsters Vault

My squad:

--Rebel Suprise (SoI round 4, game #2)--
34 Kyle Katarn, Rebel Hero
27 I-5YQ
20 Bail Organa, Father of the Rebellion
19 Princess Leia, Rebel Commando
18 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
18 Jan Ors
16 Jax Pavan
15 SpecForce Technician
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
11 Admiral Raddus
8 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 12 activations)

Darth_Jim's squad:

--Bastilla's Assassins--
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
23 Wookiee Thug
21 Brainiac
5 Porg
12 Rodian Brute x4
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4
6 XT-6 Droid x2
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 17 activations)

This was a very close game, much closer than the score makes it look. It could have easily gone either way. Jim's squad was a really hard counter to my rebels and it took every trick that my squad had to survive and get the victory. Bastilla shut down my CE's for 4 rounds, which was pretty much the biggest chunk of the game. The majority of the action took place in the upper part of the map, not near gambit at all. Neither of us got gambit for probably 5 rounds of the game. I focused on taking out his wookie first because backlash works against Aggressive negotiations. I unfortunately lost Leia way to early after i tried to activate Atton with jolt. So I lost my suprise attack + jolt combo before i could even do anything. I had a fun trick with Raddus and Jan Ors that never got to be used because of Bastilla. However, despite all the setbacks, i still did have some firepower and once my guys started getting to within 6 of the enemies, i could finally use twin attack. Brainiac is a very underrated piece....very strong! I had more attackers than Jim had, but he out activated me a lot. I had to chew through all of his scrubs before i could start really taking shots on pieces like Atton and Boba. Boba only took 20 dmg all game. A key play came when I took out Atton with Jax and Atton failed one of his AD saves despite the reroll. With his door control gone, i was able to control the map a bit better. Jolt was very helpful on a number of occasions. Threepio helped provide mobile cover and his SA, 3720 to 1, really came in handy during one round where all my unique rebels got cloaked thereby making it so Boba couldn't hit any of my guys. Towards the end, i ran Kyle down to Gambit along with the Specforce tech and got a few rounds of gambit while taking some shots on Jims squad as he tried to get to gambit also. Time ran out just after Boba tried to get rid of I-5 with his GMA tripple. He missed 2 attacks and I-5 made a laser defense save for the 1 hit. he was at 20hp so that was huge. Boba missed a bunch of shots in some key situations he normally should have made. This game could have gone either way and it was a lot of fun! very intense all the way through with many back and forth lead changes. Bastilla was a very strong choice for this round and it really hurt my team a lot, but thankfully camaraderie made my damage stay somewhat high for some pieces. Jim's squad is very good and he's a great player and person and it was a lot of fun!
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 12:29:11 PM

Attention Udorian84 -

Both spryguy1981 and I have tried to get responses from you to no avail. Officially this round ends Sunday, but we need a response from you to allow time to schedule the games themselves. Please respond and schedule your games with spryguy1981 ASAP. Otherwise I will be forced to give 3-0 concession wins to spryguy1981 for both of your games, and nobody wants that. We want to see games played!
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2021 12:06:35 PM

Udorian84 contacted me and let me know that he has to concede this round, this are a bit to hectic at the moment. He has said he'll try and be better with the communication next round.

So with that, we bring and end to the Coalition of Diversity.

Start getting your faceless hoards of Imperial, Mandalorian, Sith, and Separatists together, and prepare for

HOMOGENEOUS FORCES!
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2021 12:42:31 PM

Round 5
Quote:
Homogenous Forces

-Imperial-
-Mandalorian-
-Sith-
-Separatists-

You must use your Homogenous Forces, consisting of legions of troops
advancing in lockstep, to intimidate and overrun any enemy to dominate this
SPHERE OF INFLUENCE!

Everyone must build (exactly) 2 out of these 4 factions for this round.

(Randy rolled a d20 for us this round to determine the pairings)

Quote:
TimmerB123
vs
Darth_Jim

thereisnotry
vs
DarkDracul

Udorian84
vs
UrbanShmi

Mando
vs
spryguy1981

You have until Friday Dec 3rd to get BOTH of your matches in with your opponent.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2021 2:01:24 PM

Spryguy1981 defeats Mando 200-52 on Imperial Garrison.

I ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/230142/cads-cartel-soi-r5s1
Reinforcements were a Rodian Assassin, Mouse, Killik, with Lobot and Klat Assassin and Uggie with Jabba.

Mando ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/229368/neo-gatling-guns--soi-round-5--game--1-

Round 1 was positioning.

Round 2 I used Cad's CE to Charging Assault and kill the Officer with the Haxion Brood, who then used Impact Wave to set up Cad's Furious. Cad used Furious Assault to severely wound his Kelborn, Te Anila, Sergeant, and Veteran. Then Black charged in and walloped Te Anila. Then Jabba cannons him and leaves him at 10HP.

Round 3 I won init and he conceded because Cad would've wiped out the rest of his squad.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2021 2:09:05 PM

Spryguy1981 defeats Mando 200-96 on Asteroid Base

I ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/229969/soi-r5s2

Mando ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/229968/d4rth-siders--soi-round-5--game--2-

Round 1 was positioning.

Round 2 I used the DW Overlord to swap a Saboteur with a Spaarti and prevent a Zannah corruption. He killed an Assassin and a Sabotuer and some support. The hail of laser fire killed Bandon, Cognus, and Exar Spirit.

Round 3 I kill Bane. Rounds 4-6 He kills another Assassin, the Raider, the Merc, and the Spaarti. I slowly begin to whittle down Zannah. Until Round 6 she finally falls.
Mando
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2021 8:15:24 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Spryguy1981 defeats Mando 200-52 on Imperial Garrison.

I ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/230142/cads-cartel-soi-r5s1
Reinforcements were a Rodian Assassin, Mouse, Killik, with Lobot and Klat Assassin and Uggie with Jabba.

Mando ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/229368/neo-gatling-guns--soi-round-5--game--1-

Round 1 was positioning.

Round 2 I used Cad's CE to Charging Assault and kill the Officer with the Haxion Brood, who then used Impact Wave to set up Cad's Furious. Cad used Furious Assault to severely wound his Kelborn, Te Anila, Sergeant, and Veteran. Then Black charged in and walloped Te Anila. Then Jabba cannons him and leaves him at 10HP.

Round 3 I won init and he conceded because Cad would've wiped out the rest of his squad.

this game could have definetely swung the other way had i won 1 of the 2 crucial inits. the vassal dice weren't with me unfortunately and i lost both inits even with a tactician +4 helping me. was frustrating to see that happen but that is the game for ya. sometimes the dice even out but sometimes they just work against your strategies. The last round we played where i conceded, had i won it, i'd have gotten rid of both Cad and Krrsantan, but instead, Cad got to do a furrious assault on all of my guys and that would have easily took out all my good attackers.... vet def boost isn't much when Cad is twin attacking with sniper + jabba's CE attack boost + bounty hunter bonus when it applied.
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 3:59:55 PM

Round 5, match #1.

Darkdracul defeats Thereisnotry. 200-65 3pts for Darkdracul, 0pts for Thereisnotry

I won map roll but Trevor really won because we both had Imperial Garrison.

Thereisnotry's squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/228932/angral-management
--Angral Management--
72 Darth Malgus, The False Emperor
54 Darth Angral
20 Queen Amanoa
18 Dark Force Nexus
17 Vongerella, Dark Jedi
15 Sith Holocron
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(213pts. 8 activations)

Darkdracul's squad:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/230167/gloves-off
--Gloves Off--
33 Antares Draco
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
31 Ganner Krieg
27 Imperial Knight Master
27 Imperial Knight Strike Team Leader
24 Imperial Knight Armorer
15 Sith Holocron
8 Mas Amedda
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 9 activations)

So there's gonna be a lot of shaming coming my way for running the most broken NPE character in the game.
But imagine going on a losing streak and then get paired up against 3-time world champion Thereisnotry.
Something inside me snapped, "fine, I'm playing Antares Draco . . . Gloves Off!

Round 1:
Trev turns on Dark Aura and gets everyone setup in gambit. Imperial Knights build force and slowly move forward. His Holocron opens the door and the round ends with him in gambit and none for me.

Round 2:
Angral goes and Lightning 30 the Armorer, Ganner K, and kills my uggie. The IK Master tries and fails to dispell Exar. IK Strike Leader puts 20dam on Angral. DFN easy paths Malgus next to IK Strike and Exar steals his force. The Armorer goes and despells Exar. Vongeralla comes up and Malgus smacks the IK Strike to 20hp. (no gauntlets made). Thrawn swaps IK Strike for BAMF Antares Draco who smacks Angral to 30hp. His Holo Dark Allures my Armorer up close.

Round 3:
Antares D goes killing Angral and puts damage on Malgus. Malgus makes Ganner Savage and gets lucky killing Antares D. (No Cortosis was made)! Then DFN pulls Malgus away to hide. IK Maser runs to smack Malgus to 70hp and Armorer puts 20 on Vongerella. Vongerella tries to Boll Armorer but he makes the save 16. Thrawn swaps IK Master for IK Strike (20hp) who smacks Malgus to 10 hp. Then Ganner goes taking several AoOs along the way to base and kill Malgus.

Round 4:
Clean up of scrubs and final gambits.

Pretty much, as always, Antares Draco was the GOAT. Trevor really didn't stand a chance.
Perhaps now the balance committee will listen to my concerns about this broken piece.

I can't report on the rest due to it being cool top-secret World Champion conversation.
Anyways, thank you Trevor, it was a joy to play you as always.
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 4:59:42 PM

Round 5: Homogenous Forces, match #2

thereisnotry defeats DarkDracul 200-62 (3-0)

thereisnotry: I like this
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/230152/i-like-this
--I like this--
58 Mandalore the Vindicated
56 Jango Fett, Mandalore
28 Kelborn
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
24 Mandalorian Tactician
6 Mandalorian Demolitionist
(200pts. 6 activations)

DarkDracul: Sith Test Kitchen
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/211414/sith-test-kitchen
--Sith Test Kitchen--
58 Naga Sadow, Sith Lord
27 Darth Bandon
20 Darth Wyyrlok III
75 Massassi Sith Mutant x5
13 Sith Wrangler
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 XT-6 Droid x2
(224pts. 15 activations)

I won the map roll so we played on Cloud City.

Round 1: Basic advancing. Resolnare allowed me to get right to the center room (but just outside) at the end of the round, and I blasted a couple of doors. Bryan's guys spread out in various places. No gambit.

Round 2: I Furious Assault with Jango, killing his fodder and the HoloSid, and putting some damage on his R7 and Brandon and Mas/Wyyyrlok. Bryan charges some Mutants in to attack Jango, but with his Beskar 6 he is taking only 10dmg per attack. One of the Mutants charged into Kelborn for 20dmg. Mira put some damage into Brandon and then used Force Sense to allow MtV to make some attacks, killing 1 of the mutants.

Round 3: I rolled a 17 and Bryan rolled a 20...except I have Tactician +4, so I chose to go first. Resolnare allows me to set up a nasty 3-activation combo to start the round. First, Jango did a fancy FA to bring several of Bryan's mutants down to 40hp or less, and dropping the Wrangler to 20hp. Then MtV killed a Mutant and finished off the Wrangler...then pushed Mira up. She used Force Sense to remove Stealth, then tossed 2 grenades, which destroyed the 3 mutants that were gathered around the low objects that Jango had been hiding behind. By this point all the mutants are gone, but then Naga Sadow puts a massive 40dmg hit (after Beskar 6) on Jango, who is now down to 40hp. Mas/Wyyyrlok zaps Jango to bring him to 20hp.

Round 4: I win init and use Vindicated to put a whole 30dmg on Naga Sadow (effective Illusion and a miss), but then push Jango away so that he can safely triple attack, which kills Mas/Wyyyrlok and puts some more damage onto Naga Sadow. Kelborn then runs in to kill Brandon. Well, I figured that Jango (20hp) would be safe, but Naga Sadow runs 8 to finish him off, taking a bit of dmg on the Tactician's AoO. I finish the game by running my Demolitionist up to base Naga (and adj to low objects), and then using Mira to double-grenade for 40dmg, plus the 10dmg self-destruct from the Demolitionist.

It was fun to play my fellow Champion again! It was also fun to use Cloud City again.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2021 11:28:20 AM

Jim and I are playing our games tomorrow.

For those that haven't played their games this round yet, please make sure to be in communication with each other and pin down a date (dates) for the games to be played. We have 6 days to go
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2021 3:02:15 PM

Round 5 game vs Darth_Jim

TimmerB123 (Separatist) defeats Darth_Jim (Imperial) 112-105 (2-1)

My Squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/229935/cyborg-swarm--this-squad-may-bug-you-

--Cyborg Swarm (this squad may bug you)--
27 Lobot
20 General Whorm Loathsom
18 Sun Fac, Chief Lieutenant
16 Geonosian Soldier with Sonic Cannon
16 Poggle the Lesser
30 Geonosian Elite Soldier x2
15 Geonosian Overseer
12 Techno Union Combat Engineer
9 Battle Droid Officer
30 Geonosian Soldier x5
6 Geonosian Trooper

Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 10 TC-70 Protocol Droid
(Lobot) 6 Buzz Droid
(Lobot) 3 Mouse Droid

(199pts. 19 activations)

Jim's squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/230148/brightwaters-bashbike

--Brightwater's Bashbike--
47 Moff Gideon
30 Mara Jade, Hand of Judgment
28 Daric LaRone
28 General Weir
27 Korlo Brightwater on Speeder Bike
27 Lobot
4 Gran Raider
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 10 Figrin D'an
(Lobot) 10 Porg x2

(200pts. 13 activations)

Jim won map and we played on Oceanic Facility.

Ugh I hate this map. I started on the left, Set my Geos up w/in 8 of the edge (Vector Prime). I marched forward, and so did he. I stuck Sun Fac in the corner of the Manager's Office in Gambit, He put Korlo on speeder in the room below the conference room. I had to do a lot of positioning to not only keep the bugs from going savage (cyborg slave), but also to get the maximum synergies to be able to hit anything. Elites fire at 15 when it's all clicking, regular soldiers at 12. But I always have to be within 6 of a commander, and relay orders for twin (thus the TC droid who is a cheap fringe commander with relay orders, and bonus - a diplomat!) I saw an opportunity to try and take a couple shots at Korlo, so I positioned all the stuff to be within 6 then ran a Geo soldier up into the welcome center to get a few shots. Both missed. I wasn't too worried because I had my buzz droid in the 1 wide door to prevent a strafe. Jim didn't know what the buzz droid did, so after moving Gideon up to get Korlo on bike some extra movement, he attempted the strafe and was shut off, and that was massive. He could have used Gideon's movement breaker to open the side door and come through the lounge to do a nasty strafe. He would have died after a few geo bombs, but he'd have taken out 3 pieces (at least) in the process, instead of dying for nothing. I easily finish off his bike and send a few more soldiers up and hit Gideon in the conference room, get him down to 80 hp, set up for a nasty double twin top of the round. He moves in Mara, LaRone, Weir and Figrin D'an next to Gideon. I won init, and had a hard choice - try and kill Gideon, or run in with Sun Fac and throw a sonic stunner to try and activate all of them. I went with the attacks, and even though Figrin was in position, he chose not to draw fire. But I hit on the first 2 twins, getting him down to 40hp, and then he drew my fire to fig. I killed him instead. Then he comes around with Gideon killing a soldier (realizing he should have taken 20 from self destruct there and I don't think he did, oh well). Moved up Larone who takes out my trooper and another soldier. I'm in a bad position, all bunched up in the managers office trying to fire through a 1 square wide door. I try and take him out, but miss 2/4, leaving him with 30 hp. He activates Mara and uses coordinated movement to get LaRone out fo the direct lane of fire, and brings Weir around to put me in doctrine of fear. That came in big, I missed so many shots after that. I did find a line on LaRone just outside of the doctrine of fear bubble and finished him off with my last bugger. At this point I had my diplomat in the door. He wins the next init and flies a porg right into the middle of all of my soldiers (to prevent me shooting Weir) with 2 activations. I take the port out with Whorm, and then double twin with my elite on Weir. Miss, miss, miss, miss. Then Weir fires back taking out the Elite, and he blows up taking out Lobot, the diplomat droid, and a soldier. (It was really crowded in that little room!) Then since I had no more door control left, he locked the door. At that point he was ahead by a single point, 94-95. Luckily he had a few scrubs in LoS to my Geos through the lounge, and I took them out. At this point time was up, and we were both in gambit on opposite sides of a wall, too far to reach each other. So that's where it ended with a whimper, 112-105. With that map, there are just so many small room and doors, and tight corners. It really felt less like a game of minis and more like a game of cat and mouse . . . err Bug and Hand? Regardless, I honestly think it was the map that prevented the game from finishing.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2021 3:07:26 PM

Round 5 game #2 vs Darth_Jim

TimmerB123 (Mandalorian) defeats Darth_Jim (Sith) 200-20 (3-0)

My squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/219928/the-skirata-touch

--The Skirata Touch--
67 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin) and the Child
32 Venku Skirata
29 Pre Vizsla
28 Kelborn
17 Ruusaan Skirata
10 Death Watch Saboteur
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mandalorian Demolitionist
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 9 activations)

Jim's squad:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/229750/blades

--Blades--
90 Sith Blademaster x3
27 Darth Bandon
20 Darth Wyyrlok III
12 Krath Death Witch
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
8 Sith Recruit x2
3 Mouse Droid
18 Ugnaught Demolitionist x6
9 XT-6 Droid x3
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 20 activations)

Jim wins map roll again and picks Oceanic Facility again ThumbDown

I set up on left again. This came played out very differently than our last. I brought my crew straight forward with resolnaire and lined up just before the center vertical hall. Pre Vizsla pops into that (bad for the game, but too good to ignore) single square of gambit in the manager's office. Jim brings forth his hoards, and has 3 blade masters in the center hall ready to advance on me. I did pop Force Awareness with Venku Skirata, to discourage him from using their surprise move. I did win init and resolnaired into position that Din could attack a blademaster, then back up just enough to be out of range of their attacks, and it would force them to attack Din Djarin first when they did come in. I hit and missed, rerolled to get the hit (needing a 6), bringing his lead blade master down to 50hp. He then ran in with a recruit to base Din and my Mando Demolitionist, and rolled in with an uggie to hit Din. Clever, since he could pop the recruit to reroll, and hit Din and the Demolitionist. But he rolled a 20! Hit Mando for 30 damage (Bandon CE), 20 after Beskar. I rolled down with Ruusaan, intentionally putting her next to the Mando Demolitionist (Venku was as well), and shoot the recruit, who blows up, kills the uggie, and the Mando Demolitionist and puts 10 on Din (failed Beskar), then Venku and Ruusaan take 10 each (intentional on my part), and again Mando fails the save and takes 10 more, down to 110. But this clears the way for Venku to fly over and utilize his double protective (Unique Mandos, and Clan Skirata, which Ruusaan was both) to shoot for 30/twin to kill thew lead blade master, and mobile back behind Din. He activates some scrubs, and I activate out. Basically a standoff around a corner. After I'm activated, He sprints in with both Blademasters to base Din, and the second gives the CE to the first for a free attack. Simultaneously, I get to use Venku's CE (he is so much FUN!) but Jim as the acting player gets his attack first. He hits Din for 40, but makes the Beskar save to bring him down to 80 (had he failed the beaker save, Tribe Intervention would have ALSO triggered, and SOOOOOO much would have been going on all at once), but I do get Din to attack the blade master (I have traps in position, but that equals out their melee duelist), but he hits, then misses, rerolls and misses again! Blademaster 2 down to 70. I win init and use Venku with his double protective and LS +10 w/ Twin to take out that blade master, and fly back behind Din. Jim then attacks Din, but Din counter pushes him away. This Simultaneously causes Tribe Intervention, so I move up Pre well into the mix to base Wyrrlok, and bring up Kelborn and the Saboteur to have traps in place, and with the free attack have Pre take out Wyyrlok (twin dark saber). After all that (still the final blade master's turn), he retreats him and attempts to hit Pre with a couple uggies (popping an XT to be able to have 3 activations). Even with the FP rerolls, all misses. I then go with my Saboteur and hit the Blademaster, bringing him down to 80. Pre steps in on Bandon and gibes him 60 damage, takes 20 back from a riposte (failed parry). Jim activates Bandon and uses Sith rage, hits (failed parry), and misses. Pre is at 50hp. Another uggie whiffs. I then go with Din to attack the blade master, and crit then hit, killing him. I had planned on using Kelborn to finish him off, so he was free to kill an uggie and the Krath Witch. At this point Jim called it, just scrubs left and Bandon with 50hp left (likely to be finished off by Pre with Venku's CE)

This match was lopsided because it was a bad matchup. There was definite power in those Bladenmasters, but with all of my tricks it just couldn't be overcome. Mandos had too much movement and firepower. Venku's CE, Tribe Intervention, and Counter Push was just massive versus his squad.

I played a lot of Venku 3 or 4 years ago (before Din Djarin came out), and thought he was a ton of fun then, but not top tier. With Din Djarin and Ruusaan (the Skirata touch!) it's a lot closer. Venku can do 80 damage on his turn, and 90 more after being outactivated against an adjacent enemy while an injured Ruusaan is within 6. Venku having counter movement and counter out-activation is just so great, and add in all of Din Djarin's tricks and we're getting close to tier 1.5-1.25. I really think people should take another look at Venku. (I may regret saying that, lol)

Above all, as always it was an absolute pleasure playing with Jim.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, December 2, 2021 12:29:37 PM

Wanted to have full disclosure with everyone about my games with Darth_Jim this round.

I misplayed something in both games.

I misunderstood the stacking rule. I thought that things stacked as long as they weren't the exact same SA (as in effected different groups with the same SA name, such as rapport - which DOES stack), or straight stat bonuses in CEs.

I was wrong.

Jim was under the same misunderstanding, as was the entire Vset 22 team, which is where the stacking pieces occurred. So this was a wide spread misunderstanding.

In my Geonosian squad, I stacked Sun Fac's +2 synergy for troopers and soldiers, with the Elite Geo Soldiers +4 synergy with (regular) Geo Soldiers. I should not have gotten the extra +2. Now this was only for the regular soldiers, not the elites or the trooper, and only when I had both within 6 of the attacking (regular) Geo Soldier. No idea if I rolled one of the 2/20 rolls that it would have made a difference. The game was close, but we have no way of knowing if it would have changed anything.

In my Mando squad, I thought the different protectives stacked. They do not. This for sure DID come in to play, and in at least 1 instance, I got the kill on his blademaster from the extra damage when I would not have. Now the game ended up lopsided, but that could have certainly made it end up closer.

I offered Jim the win in both games, he denied that. I also offered rematches, but we both agreed it was unrealistic given the timeframe. Jim said what he wants is for the results to remain as reported.

While not ideal in the least, I think that is what we will do. I'm happy to reverse that if someone disagrees. The general precedent is that if an honest mistake is made in a game, back up to that spot and replay if possible. If both players agree that endgame outcome was changed due to the mistake, a concession can be given. Jim did not agree to the concession, and replaying within the timeframe was not feasible, so leaving the result is the last option.

At the very least, I do genuinely think Jim had the chance to get a 1pt loss had we not made that error. So with no objections, I'd like to give Jim that additional point he probably deserved.

Sincerely - PM me if you wish to discuss this more, and I will keep the conversation private if you wish. I feel uncomfortable making this ruling as the T.O. that benefits me, but I do think procedure has been correctly followed.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, December 2, 2021 12:50:10 PM

I am good with the results standing as is. I was complicit in the misunderstanding. I am just happy to be playing... I did not think I'd be able to, so the games are all a bonus for me. I am having fun creating weird squads to find fun or powerful combos. I don't think extra points will increase my enjoyment of the league. I am, however, feeling all warm and fuzzy because Tim came to me and explained the misunderstanding and made his offers.

Good sportsmanship and fun. This is a good league.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, December 2, 2021 3:12:15 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Darth_Jim wrote:
I am good with the results standing as is. I was complicit in the misunderstanding. I am just happy to be playing... I did not think I'd be able to, so the games are all a bonus for me. I am having fun creating weird squads to find fun or powerful combos. I don't think extra points will increase my enjoyment of the league. I am, however, feeling all warm and fuzzy because Tim came to me and explained the misunderstanding and made his offers.

Good sportsmanship and fun. This is a good league.

Awesome post. Good dudes.
BlooMilk

I'll take a decent chunk of blame for spreading misinformation about Synergy stacking. For years, I assumed that Synergy worked like Rapport, so that differently worded Synergies would stack. (And by extension, Protective would work the same way.) I probably have multiple posts out there teaching that wrong answer.

Swinefeld corrected me maybe 3 or 4 years ago (?). As he put it - paraphrasing - "The question isn't, 'Why doesn't Synergy work like Rapport?' The question is, 'Why does Rapport stack with itself when almost nothing else does?'" Rapport's stacking rule is spelled out in its glossary, and it has to be because it is in fact an exception. There's nothing like that in the glossary for Synergy or Protective because they don't stack with themselves - just like Opportunist doesn't stack with Opportunist +20 (as one of many examples).